Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,871 members, 7,959,729 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 05:48 AM

Seriously Contemplating A Divorce - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Seriously Contemplating A Divorce (25379 Views)

Help...i Am Finished!contemplating Abortion At Five Months / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Sagamite(m): 7:09pm On Apr 12, 2012
Efemena_xy:
You sound quite bitter undecided

Why does that sound bitter?

Why does it not sound like an eye-opener of what he wants in life?

Or is that just another senseless use of words to force him to be a "real man", the type that lives his life to make women happy while he gets little in return?

Sounds bitter. Be responsible and marry. Stop being selfish and share your life. All stewpid words to satisfy your female wish. Anuofia!
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by lastpage: 7:09pm On Apr 12, 2012
At times, l am ... grin grin
At times, l am ... shocked shocked shocked
At times, l am .... angry angry angry
At times, l am .... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

from all the advices here-in!

Hmmm....l dey come back later (marriage issues need deeper insight, no rushing!)
but meanwhile, @OP, The best is yet to come in your marriage! Dont jump ship!!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by coolguy2002: 7:13pm On Apr 12, 2012
just seperate
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by GIANTSTRIDE(m): 7:13pm On Apr 12, 2012
Am nt in ur shoe to knw the pains the marriage has cost u,but divorce should not come to ur frame of mind;DONT give the enemy chance to ruin ur marriage;its a gift that someone somewhere desired to have.The cost of divorce is much more than the gains;considering ur children.There is nothing that is too hard for God;He can fixed it 4u.Kip praying
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Look, I am a very, very smart guy. I am extremely intelligent and have a ridiculous level of prescience.

Trust me when I say: You are really going to have a miserable future in terms relationship.

That is not an insult or provocation, that is a pure fact from the pesonality you exude.

Go and write it down in your diary that that Sagamite told you this on the 12th of April 2012, so you can refer to it when it downs on you in middle age and the future looks dim and non-existent.

I thought i was the only one who held the same opinion.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Sagamite(m): 7:15pm On Apr 12, 2012
jennykadry:
What is normal? Define normal? You are trying to tell us here that it is normal for a man to make his wife look and feel unattractive, undesirable and unwanted? You people are forking kidding me. Why would a man be so "look" conscious like that? Fire is burning in his house and instead of getting the fire extinguisher to quench the fire, he is busy talking about his wife's clothes and shoes.

If her clothes are decent enough, that man needs a psych attention ASAP

Because men's attraction is based on looks.

His approach suggest one of 2 things to me:

1) She herself picked an arse to marry.

2) Or she has had a vile attitude to the point he is insensitive to or careless about her emotions.

Bawss1:
There is no man alive with red blood in his veins that will not consider the looks of his wife as very important. So many men have indeed based the choice of their life partners on this quality alone, a fact, though not recommended, that suggests the very high pedestal that this quality is placed. Anybody who says a woman's looks is secondary is being hypocritical. I say this not to encourage the trend of superficiality that results from an exaggerated consideration of physical beauty but I feel it is very necessary that girls and ladies owe it to themselves to maintain a sense of beauty ALWAYS.

This will probably sit with some as being chauvinistic but that's a risk I'm prepared to take.

No min jenny.

She thinks life is about "real men", that say meaningless, brainwashed things to please women. grin
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by charles316: 7:16pm On Apr 12, 2012
michelin89: Your husband sounds like one of those men who like to criticize when

1. they can't/won't do anything to improve or help out.
2. they are nothing to write home about themselves.

They are control freaks and usually cowards; they act like that when

1. they are tired but don't want to end it, so they try to push you to the limit
2. you are fast growing ahead of them (career or education wise) and criticizing you helps them limit your ego (they think you are developing). They try to instill insecurity into you, so they'll look like the best thing that has ever happened in your life.

My dear, na ur husband, so a first step would be confronting him and making sure he realizes he's offending you whenever he makes those remarks. And always demand his apologies. Don't let him take you for granted and don't whine or cry whenever he hurts you; you just prove he is succeeding in winning you.

Be strong and be confident.

what kind of advice is this? u think u are an iron lady? You will realise that you just know how to talk.

OP,the truth is that u women dont learn. Like ronke said,he is seeing other women and comparing them with you. he is probably not happy with ur looks. have u gained so much weight? i can bet my life that u have. just look at how our single ladies have grown out of shape not to talk of someone who has had 3 kids. The truth is dat giving birth isnt a reason to be out of shape.Look at yourselve and do something.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Pa22(m): 7:17pm On Apr 12, 2012
Issue is simple enough. Communication is the key. Husband has told you all that is bordering him including improving your sex life which I think is very important! Have you bordered to communicate back? What was your reply to all he said. How much are you guys willing to do to make things work? I think you should talk back only then can a compromise be reached. Good luck dear.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by EfemenaXY: 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Why does that sound bitter?

Why does it not sound like an eye-opener of what he wants in life?

Or is that just another senseless use of words to force him to be a "real man", the type that lives his life to make women happy while he gets little in return?

Sounds bitter. Be responsible and marry. Stop being selfish and share your life. All stewpid words to satisfy your female wish. Anuofia!

Was that necessary? No need for the insults.

We're all here to share our views and just because your disagree with a person's opinion doesn't give you the right to hurl insults.

I don't do e-fights. Grow up.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Theblessed(f): 7:26pm On Apr 12, 2012
[size=16pt][b]Sorry to hear about your heartache but my advice is stay put!! You created a family stay there ok!!!

I wonder if you're a Christian but if you're not, I'm sorry if I upset you with my advise on here!

You see, divorce is never the solution - yes, it will give you opportunities, tranquility, freedom etc to live your life the way you want, but it would not give you a lasting peace? On the periphery, it looks as though you're having good time and you're happy but the reality is, it doesn't really give you that happiness as you carry your baggage along with you and that can create more havoc than you started with unless, you're disciplined and in control of things in your live.

I know of many womem whose lives are messed up after divorce for not taking control of their lives - allowing material things, physicalities and emotional entanglments to creep into your new life plus the baggage from your previous life = CHAOS!!

So, control is important here if that's what you want (i.e. selfish thinking)and how about the psychological and emotional needs of your children - they need their father too, remember this!

Yes, they do not need a PART-TIME Dad rather, a FULL TIME Dad with whom, you give the children what parents must give to their children - quality lifestyle, quality education, security and stability that produces a CONFIDENT AND SUCESSFUL HUMAN BEING. Without stability in their lives, their education will be messed up - they do not need a secondary Dad, that won't do - because, what's yours, is yours!

You see, without being told the full story, we all know where the trouble is coming from - we know na woman dey cause your trouble in this marriage but, I promise you, be calm - no woman would boot you out of your marriage. This is a spiritual battle you have to fight and win - seek the face of God and take your victory in Jesus Name, Amen!!

All you need is contact and those who are causing unhappiness and breaking up your marriage, will perish under your feet!

Just give me your email add, if I can not help you, I know a man who can - and those trash, meddling in your happiness in this marriage will be history, in Jesus Name, Amen!

Don't cry Baby, don't cry - God is on your side and he is a Just and Righteous God!

He promised us to "Cast our burden upon the Lord and he will sustain you, he will never let the righteous fall" Psalm Chpt.55 v.22!! Therefore, whether good or bad, storm or calm trust and have Faith in him.

Also, be warned, when you're seeking the face of God, you too have to be clean, fair and just - give everything to Jesus Christ by keeping your hands clean and trusting him and him alone because, he is a jealous God!

Remember his laws "Thou shall have no other gods before me" Exodus Chpt 20 v. 3. Don't look any other way but on to Jesus.

Is upto you now![/b][/size]
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by neyostica: 7:27pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Look, I am a very, very smart guy. I am extremely intelligent and have a ridiculous level of prescience.

Trust me when I say: You are really going to have a miserable futurein terms relationship.

That is not an insult or provocation, that is a pure fact from the pesonality you exude.

Go and write it down in your diary that that Sagamite told you this on the 12th of April 2012, so you can refer to it when it downs on you in middle age and the future looks dim and non-existent.
grin grin grin
he who have ears, let him hear
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by queensmith: 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2012
maasoap: This woman has been cooking for him for the part six years, and probably before they married. He just realised now that her food is not spiced enough. Six good years of sex, he just realised that the woman lacks sexual prowess.

God bless!
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by newcreatio(m): 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2012
frankly sis...the fault is both of you. You are both most likely missing the godliness element. Try it.
Additionally, you both need not just counselling, but therapy.
Lastly, your husband should wake up and stop being such a fool and you too watch your character and improve.
Divorce, is the way of fools. IT IS NOT AN OPTION.
You took an oath, a covenant, a swear, a promise that it is TILL DEATH.
This is what you swore on foolishly years ago. All men are the same. All women are the same.
Someday, they each will misbehave and complicate things.
What you need, both of you, is the GOD element.
Marriage can never be better than the two people in it.
Don't add marriage to the list of items at which you failed in life. School you managed to make it through. Don't fail in this one.
3 kids? You have reached a point of no return since the 1st child. A 2nd child sealed it all. 3rd one, we have nothing to discuss.
Best thing you can do for yourself right now, is to stop making him the center of your happiness.
Turn and face church, make Kingdom expansion your hobby. While you are busy doing it, God will visit him and call him to order.
But remember, while doing your kingdom thing in Christ Jesus, let your character and tongue be tamed by the Holy Ghost.
You will be happier sooner than you prepared.
We (men) are all assholes.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:42pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Because men's attraction is based on looks.

His approach suggest one of 2 things to me:

1) She herself picked an arse to marry.

2) Or she has had a vile attitude to the point he is insensitive to or careless about her emotions.

No min jenny.

She thinks life is about "real men", that say meaningless, brainwashed things to please women. grin

Sometimes I wonder if this is rocket science to understand.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by otokx(m): 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2012
some mothers do have them but lady no be so?
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by queensmith: 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Trust me when I say: You are really going to have a miserable futurein terms relationship.

Aww fagamite, misery loves company i know but i'm afrain i wont be joining you in dying alone. I know no woman can stand you and your self proclaimed intelligence (gimme a break) but that doesn't make us the same.

I dont need to write anything you say i'm very aware you are full of shit. You note down today as the day you fully realised you are no psychic. This thread isnt about me but i'm loving the celebrity status regardless.

You know you know love me....but i don't do gays!

1 Like

Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:44pm On Apr 12, 2012
newcreatio: frankly sis...the fault is both of you. You are both most likely missing the godliness element. Try it.
Additionally, you both need not just counselling, but therapy.
Lastly, your husband should wake up and stop being such a fool and you too watch your character and improve.
This is what you swore on foolishly years ago. All men are the same. All women are the same.
Someday, they each will misbehave and complicate things.
What you need, both of you, is the GOD element.
Marriage can never be better than the two people in it.
Don't add marriage to the list of items at which you failed in life. School you managed to make it through. Don't fail in this one.
3 kids? You have reached a point of no return since the 1st child. A 2nd child sealed it all. 3rd one, we have nothing to discuss.
Best thing you can do for yourself right now, is to stop making him the center of your happiness.
Turn and face church, make Kingdom expansion your hobby. While you are busy doing it, God will visit him and call him to order.
But remember, while doing your kingdom thing in Christ Jesus, let your character and tongue be tamed by the Holy Ghost.
You will be happier sooner than you prepared.
We (men) are all assholes.
Speak for yourself brother.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by KGNAIRA: 7:44pm On Apr 12, 2012
D - I - V - O - R - C - E ? My dear, don't even think about it. Pray to God to intervene. He is the only answer.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Sagamite(m): 7:46pm On Apr 12, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

Sometimes I wonder if this is rocket science to understand.

No na, they understand, they just think that "real men" would not be attracted to a woman based on her looks

A "real man" should ignore their biological set up and marry a women that has a good personality and can select nice handbags, sunglasses and shoes. grin
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by queensmith: 7:47pm On Apr 12, 2012
dasparrow:

..........And she will find another man. Marraige is to be enjoyed and not endured. I don't know why Nigerians are such wicked people. How are we sure the man she is married to is whom God wanted her to marry? Why are Nigerians such sadists? You want her to raise kids in an unhappy home? what rubbish!

Marriage is to be enjoyed not endured.......love it! Unfortunately not in nigeria. Marriage is the beggining of hell for most!
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Sagamite(m): 7:48pm On Apr 12, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
Speak for yourself brother.

Not only is he describing himself, he is also a cretin for this part:

Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sagamite:

No na, they understand, they just think that "real men" would not be attracted to a woman based on her looks

A "real man" should ignore their biological set up and marry a women that has a good personality and can select nice handbags, sunglasses and shoes. grin
grin grin grin
But a "real man" wey nor get pepper "real women" nor go gree marry am abi?
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by queensmith: 7:54pm On Apr 12, 2012
ayo jango: Divorce is good,its borin seein d same face of someone u hate,samething I went thru wit my wife I did not only stop makin lov to her,I did not let her c my unclothedness.its not by force to live togeda

Dear lawd! Lol.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Sagamite(m): 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2012
dasparrow:

..........And she will find another man. Marraige is to be enjoyed and not endured. I don't know why Nigerians are such wicked people. How are we sure the man she is married to is whom God wanted her to marry? Why are Nigerians such sadists? You want her to raise kids in an unhappy home? what rubbish!

Like the thousands of divorce women with kids looking for another man willing to commit to them?
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Like the thousands of divorce women with kids looking for another man willing to commit to them?
Help me ask am, hey OP there is a single nwa baby here https://www.nairaland.com/912321/im-28-desperate-settle-down
looking for a man oh lol the competition is fierce out there.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by luckgames(m): 8:03pm On Apr 12, 2012
charles316:

what kind of advice is this? u think u are an iron lady? You will realise that you just know how to talk.

OP,the truth is that u women dont learn. Like ronke said,he is seeing other women and comparing them with you. he is probably not happy with ur looks. have u gained so much weight? i can bet my life that u have. just look at how our single ladies have grown out of shape not to talk of someone who has had 3 kids. The truth is dat giving birth isnt a reason to be out of shape.Look at yourselve and do something.

shocked
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by adyby(m): 8:05pm On Apr 12, 2012
queensmith: Lol you ladies are very funny.

What does it profit me if the op follows my advice? Its her life.

Its not actually abt marriage vs divorce, its about happyness vs misery, no body should place their value or happiness on a situation that can very well change, and you shouldnt teach your children that either.
You say breaking the family up, what is being broken? The bond between a miserable wife and her abusive husband? Is that the situation people are soo desperate to save?

Its funny nobody has even said she should divorce him by all means. Its the people that insist she should stay by all means that are busy defending thier stand. Obviously because you all know how senseless the information you are giving is.

If you made sense you won't be soo afraid of these 'cabals' spending every post trying to convince the op.

If anything the 'stick with you horrible husband' club are the ones in horrible marriages, it has become normal and they want to know others are doing it too. Every woman has her priorities we are not all the same.

Its likely the op works out her issues anyways because it doesnt seem that major, but im marvelled at the level of insecure women and men we have here labelling people with alternative views homewreckers. How are we wrecking the home when the husband is the one out there misbehaving? Is he tidying the home in that case? Get over yourselves!
@queensmith, are you married urself? If ur answer is yes, how old is ur marriage? Are you sure u r not one of those secondary school girls that will come on NL and start posting anything just for the sake of posting? Please let us know these ones first.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Sagamite(m): 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2012
maasoap: This woman has been cooking for him for the part six years, and probably before they married. He just realised now that her food is not spiced enough. Six good years of sex, he just realised that the woman lacks sexual prowess.

ronkebp:
Naturally people get tired overtime from doing the same thing over and over again.

He is not intelligent enough to ratiocinate that, you had to explain it to him?

Na wah!
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by SIRNIMS(m): 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2012
Go watch blue films and learn how to sock & phuck. That is the only way and how, you can keep ur husband. He is alraedy getting it outside.
Dey give the guy very hot sex, give him viagra
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by luckgames(m): 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2012
ronkebp:
You are right, that some women let out their frustrations on their husbands, for example last sunday, I was so ffrustrated, had too much to do, my job, my school work, my home, my kid, myself, my hubby, I was so mad at the situation that I was moody all through, that day,my hubby kept asking me what was wrong, I was too overwhelmed to voice anything out, he just let me have my peace and I gradually left that mood, almost ruined my Easter though.

I am sorry for your bad mood
I hope you can talk to your husband to help you sometime
We Nigerian men are terrible with helping with chore
Good luck
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by iconics: 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2012
@OP it takes two to make a marriage work and just one to fustrate it. In your case I think its unfair to think or conclude its your hubby that is fustrating your marriage because what we have here is your take. Firstly, settle that divorce is not an OPTION, secondly stop the blame game and get to the root of issues raised. #wisdom is profitable to direct!!!
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by KevinII(m): 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2012
queensmith:

Dear lawd! Lol.

queensmith when you are forty five wif 3 kids and looking for a man call me i will come and service you for free

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Issues In My Marriage / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? / Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.