Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,620 members, 7,962,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 07:47 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11250727 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (20007) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
nateevs: For the record, I have never said RDM is a bad manager. The worst I have gone is that, he has been lucky and he needs to find more than luck if he wants to succeed more. Also I have mentioned time and again that the jury is still out. However, your stick gets strong at the mention of your favourites who can do all wrong without any manner of criticism. Do I give a toss? You bet I don't.

Oh He was a lucky manager, While AVB was an unlucky manager?

Nateevs this analysis should be kept in kai-kai joints and not on the pages of WWW

Was it by luck that he set up his formation the way he did?

He luckily Beat Napoli, Luckily beat Benfica Home and away Luckily beat barcelona and Lucky won the cup

6 top CL games 4 wins 2 draws in the toughest stadiums in Europe.

Nateevs I would suggest you change your name to Luck so that you can wake up tomorrow and become a medical Doctor without going to School

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
Leave haters abeg. Out of pure hatred a loser start criticising rdm immediately after UCL final, criticise him in the first preseason friendly and every week since. Then ask rdm to grow some balls and drop his most hated player of all time.

I'm sure any sane person would incontrovertibly think he wanted rdm to drop the greatest loser in the team aka Torres only to find out it is his weekly attack on one of the most successful contributors in Chelsea history who he has been attacking on regular basis since 5 years ago when I met the guy. Nobody told rdm to grow some balls and drop that useless shekpe keeper cos we love our manager and we understand the constraints he works under. The fact that dude hate his manager who gave us everything and hate his most influential midfielder of recent era yet constantly love the biggest flop in the history of Chelsea plus the worst manager since the mid 90s is proof that whom the gods want to kill, they first make mad.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hehehehe Ibime u are in rare form tonight
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
RDM can't drop shekpe keeper even if he wants to. . . . .Sturridge is out with a hamstring injury.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2012
debosky: RDM can't drop shekpe keeper even if he wants to. . . . .Sturridge is out with a hamstring injury.

He should grow some balls and try David Luiz in that position. I suggest he start in the game against arsenal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
grin grin

Nateevs allows his hatred of Lampard to get in the way far too often.

Lampard is still an essential member of the team, even if his defensive characteristics aren't the best, because of the goal threat he still provides and his general reading of the game. If anything, Mikel should be the one dropped and Romeu given a shot.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2012
debosky: grin grin

Nateevs allows his hatred of Lampard to get in the way far too often.

Lampard is still an essential member of the team, even if his defensive characteristics aren't the best, because of the goal threat he still provides and his general reading of the game. If anything, Mikel should be the one dropped and Romeu given a shot.

drop mikel for lampard? are you insane? lampard contributes nothing but free kicks, penalty kicks, etc - this is why his stats look better than sliced bread. tell me one remarkable thing lampard has done this season other than to poke free shots from 12 yards the moment eden hazard decides to take a tumble in the box......

mikel is the most essential part in the chelsea team(the most disciplined in the lot) ivanovic and ashley cole are wingers these days. luiz is a locomotive train and terry also joins up the attack sometimes. mikel is always the gatekeeper that adds some sanity to the team. drop mikel and see how chelsea's defence would be pulverised like the walls of jericho!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Afam4eva(m): 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
All this one na story...i pity chelsea this season. They'll sooo get beat.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
coogar:

drop mikel for lampard? are you insane? lampard contributes nothing but free kicks, penalty kicks, etc - this is why his stats look better than sliced bread. tell me one remarkable thing lampard has done this season other than to poke free shots from 12 yards the moment eden hazard decides to take a tumble in the box......

mikel is the most essential part in the chelsea team(the most disciplined in the lot) ivanovic and ashley cole are wingers these days. luiz is a locomotive train and terry also joins up the attack sometimes. mikel is always the gatekeeper that adds some sanity to the team. drop mikel and see how chelsea's defence would be pulverised like the walls of jericho!

At Nou Camp at 10 vs 11, I saw Lampard turning of a nickel and threading an inch perfect pass to Ramires to score the goal

At Stamford Bridge vs Barca I saw the impeccable pass that released Ramires for the Chelsea goal.

I guess you were sleeping when all these happened.

Watch football and not listen on radio
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ibime: Leave haters abeg. Out of pure hatred a loser start criticising rdm immediately after UCL final, criticise him in the first preseason friendly and every week since. Then ask rdm to grow some balls and drop his most hated player of all time.

I'm sure any sane person would incontrovertibly think he wanted rdm to drop the greatest loser in the team aka Torres only to find out it is his weekly attack on one of the most successful contributors in Chelsea history who he has been attacking on regular basis since 5 years ago when I met the guy. Nobody told rdm to grow some balls and drop that useless shekpe keeper cos we love our manager and we understand the constraints he works under. The fact that dude hate his manager who gave us everything and hate his most influential midfielder of recent era yet constantly love the biggest flop in the history of Chelsea plus the worst manager since the mid 90s is proof that whom the gods want to kill, they first make mad.

Dude. Your attempt at attaining cheap fame is highly commended.
Find us one post of mine that clearly shows that I hate RDM. If you cannot find one, shut the phuck up and desist from spewing lies.

This will clearly miss your fat eyes.

For the record, I have never said RDM is a bad manager. The worst I have gone is that, he has been lucky and he needs to find more than luck if he wants to succeed more. Also I have mentioned time and again that the jury is still out.

However you cannot deal with criticism. To criticise your loved ones is a demonstration of hatred.. I will post it again and again until it fries your brain.

You won't see the fat bootlicker quoting my post that resemble this

nateevs:
Using Oscar's hustling abilities was a brilliant tactical move by RDM.

Dudes will go on a futile campaign in a desperate attempt to type. How can I hate RDM when I clearly typed the above?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have time for numpties who are clearly orchestrating a way out for RDM in every single scenario. Something you accused me of doing when AVB was here and still do till date.

We love our manager and we understand the constraints he works under.

RDM is right as rain, doing his thing cool-headedly and managing an extremely unbalanced squad that Emenalo created.

Last week - can't find the quote - he told us RDM does want to drop Torres because he wants to prove that he is useless to Emenalo.

-------------------------------------------------

I do not need to campaign for Torres to be dropped. RDM is manager. If he has the balls, he should drop Torres.
I don't hold any allegiance to any player. I just want to do well. If it means selling Torres, who gives a phuck?
I bloody do not care.

Players comes and go, Chelsea remains! That's been my principle. You think I love Torres beyond criticism?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
dayokanu:
At Nou Camp at 10 vs 11, I saw Lampard turning of a nickel and threading an inch perfect pass to Ramires to score the goal

even a broken clock would be correct twice a day! a player that gets that huge number of appearances would have his own moment of magic - it does not make him golden! paul scholes at 37 still sparkles once in a while same as ryan giggs -

At Stamford Bridge vs Barca I saw the impeccable pass that released Ramires for the Chelsea goal.

if you play maradona in the middle of the park 45 times in a season, i am sure he would provide at least 10 magical moments to get his team victories! you are barely scratching the surface here!

I guess you were sleeping when all these happened.
Watch football and not listen on radio

you are a simpleton!
i don't blame you though - your idiotic club/players who lost on penalties in their own forecourt caused all these arguments. had schweinsteiger scored his penalty kick with chelsea finishing 6th and missing europe this season, we would be here discussing lampard's new challenge @ qpr or west ham!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
nateevs:
I don't have time for numpties who are clearly orchestrating a way out for RDM in every single scenario. Something you accused me of doing when AVB was here and still do till date.

Dont you think a coach who won the CL a tropy that eluded Jose Mourinho, Claudio Ranieri, Avram Grant, Guus Hindick, Felipe Scolari Carlo Ancelotti at the same Chelsea.

Go and see how Greeks celebrate Otto Rehaggel who won an unlikely Euro Cup for them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
dayokanu:

Dont you think a coach who won the CL a tropy that eluded Jose Mourinho, Claudio Ranieri, Avram Grant, Guus Hindick, Felipe Scolari Carlo Ancelotti at the same Chelsea.

Go and see how Greeks celebrate Otto Rehaggel who won an unlikely Euro Cup for them

but this dude also finished 6th in the league - should that be discounted? chelsea were this close into missing the champs league! which of the managers you listed up there failed to play in elite europe?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
coogar: even a broken clock would be correct twice a day! a player that gets that huge number of appearances would have his own moment of magic - it does not make him golden! Paul scholes at 37 still sparkles once in a while same as ryan giggs -

if you play maradona in the middle of the park 45 times in a season, i am sure he would provide at least 10 magical moments to get his team victories! you are barely scratching the surface here!
Coincidentally these magic moments came against the best football club of this generation?

Who need your magical moments vs Blackpool in Carling Cup, When you have done it vs Barcelona in The freaking CL semi finals

coogar: you are a simpleton!
i don't blame you though - your idiotic club/players who lost on penalties in their own forecourt caused all these arguments. had schweinsteiger scored his penalty kick with chelsea finishing 6th and missing europe this season, we would be here discussing lampard's new challenge @ qpr or west ham!

This your new market women argument is worrisome, Were you raised in Bodija market? cheesy

Had OBJ been born in Austria he would have been Mr Universe,
Had Mourinho gone to Catholic school he would have been a priest,
Had Wenger bought Garba Lawal he would have won Champions league,
Had MKO not drank the tea he would have been the next Pope
Had it been that Boko Haram struck A basket of Tomatoes would have been sold for 5naira.

Chelsea won the Champions league even if they did by throwing the ball in the net. Live with that
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
dayokanu:

This is where you miss the point. Your trolling gets in the way of rational analysis.
Who says RDM should not be celebrated? Who says RDM should not have hero and legend status?

Does that then mean he is as astute as Jose Muorinho, Claudio Ranieri or Gus Hiddink?
Can you confidently say that?

To put things in perspective, Avram Grant was one penalty kick away from winning the UCL.
What would you have thought about Avram Grant had he done so? Hero? Tactical Genius?

-----------------------------------------------

The Avram Grant scenario is exactly what I am trying to point out. That the circumstances under RDM won the CL polarizes the views of pundits still. For that reason, he will need to go beyond this and win something in exquisite style for him to considered a great. Until then, the jury is still out and everything he does will be under scrutiny from a technical standpoint, hero status aside.

How difficult is it to understand this?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
coogar: but this dude also finished 6th in the league - should that be discounted? chelsea were this close into missing the champs league! which of the managers you listed up there failed to play in elite europe?

He intentionally finished 6th so he can win the CL. Yes

His last few games of the season he fielded weakened teams to conserve energy for the CL finals and it paid off. He won the trophy.

Vs Liverpool when he lost 4-1 on May 8 He fielded Turnbull, Ivanovic, fereira, terry, Bertrand, Essien, Romeu, Malouda, Ramires, Torres and Sturridge ONLY Bertrand started the CL finals in Munich. Thats calculation and it paid off

Whats the use of coaches who qualified for Europe year in year out and failed to win

RDM is a success. 2 trophies in 4 months says it all
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
nateevs: The Avram Grant scenario is exactly what I am trying to point out. That the circumstances under RDM won the CL polarizes the views of pundits still. For that reason, he will need to go beyond this and win something in exquisite style for him to considered a great. Until then, the jury is still out and everything he does will be under scrutiny from a technical standpoint, hero status aside.

How difficult is it to understand this?

Jose Mourinho polarises pundits till now many ppl believe he is a great coach and many believe he is an opportunist who spends fortune to win

Arsene Wenger polarises pundits still many think he is a brilliant manager and many believe he is a failure who cant win a continental trophy

Pep Guordiola polarises pundits still, Many think he is a briliant coach and many think he was fortumante to have the best set players from a working system

Which coach doesnt polarise pundits? The only incontrovertible measure is what has been won. RDM has been inducted into the elite group of coaches who have won the CL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2012
dayokanu:
He intentionally finished 6th so he can win the CL. Yes

is he rafa benitez?

His last few games of the season he fielded weakened teams to conserve energy for the CL finals and it paid off. He won the trophy.

like losing 0-2 against newcastle @ stamford bridge with drogba on the pitch!

Whats the use of coaches who qualified for Europe year in year out and failed to win

in case you have a memory loss, it wasn't rdm that got chelsea out of the group stage!

RDM is a success. 2 trophies in 4 months says it all

villas-boas got chelsea to that stage before di matteo took over. had villas-boas crashed out like city and united did, i wonder what rdm would have won in 4 months - you argue sometimes like there's fluff in your brain cavity! lets see how rdm would cope without the foundation and the sweats of another manager!

dayokanu:
Coincidentally these magic moments came against the best football club of this generation?

paul scholes @ 2008 against barcelona and he was as old as methuselah then!

Who need your magical moments vs Blackpool in Carling Cup, When you have done it vs Barcelona in The freaking CL semi finals

so any player who manages to cop an assist against barcelona is world class? lololol

This your new market women argument is worrisome, Were you raised in Bodija market? cheesy

better than your cattle market argument in agege!!

Had OBJ been born in Austria he would have been Mr Universe,
Had Mourinho gone to Catholic school he would have been a priest,
Had Wenger bought Garba Lawal he would have won Champions league,
Had MKO not drank the tea he would have been the next Pope
Had it been that Boko Haram struck A basket of Tomatoes would have been sold for 5naira.

this is why we call you a bumbling oaf! avram grant was john terry's slip away from winning the champions league! he had no coaching badge then. cup completions can be that shady. rafa benitez was finishing 33 points below league winners when he won the champions league with liverpool - he never won a league title in england

Chelsea won the Champions league even if they did by throwing the ball in the net. Live with that

there's no dispute they won the champions league but to say rdm is the greatest chelsea manager because of his feat is the reason why you are the most useless poster on this thread!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2012
dayokanu:

Jose Mourinho polarises pundits till now many ppl believe he is a great coach and many believe he is an opportunist who spends fortune to win

Arsene Wenger polarises pundits still many think he is a brilliant manager and many believe he is a failure who cant win a continental trophy

Pep Guordiola polarises pundits still, Many think he is a briliant coach and many think he was fortumante to have the best set players from a working system

Which coach doesnt polarise pundits? The only incontrovertible measure is what has been won. RDM has been inducted into the elite group of coaches who have won the CL

So what's the objective of this post? That I can go ahead and call Avram Grant a genius since some people think other things about JM?
I do not understand the premise of your response.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
Vs Liverpool when he lost 4-1 on May 8 He fielded Turnbull, Ivanovic, fereira, terry, Bertrand, Essien, Romeu, Malouda, Ramires, Torres and Sturridge ONLY Bertrand started the CL finals in Munich. Thats calculation and it paid off
coogar:

is he rafa benitez?

like losing 0-2 against newcastle @ stamford bridge with drogba on the pitch!

in case you have a memory loss, it wasn't rdm that got chelsea out of the group stage!

villas-boas got chelsea to that stage before di matteo took over. had villas-boas crashed out like city and united did, i wonder what rdm would have won in 4 months - you argue sometimes like there's fluff in your brain cavity! lets see how rdm would cope without the foundation and the sweats of another manager!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
nateevs: So what's the objective of this post? That I can go ahead and call Avram Grant a genius since some people think other things about JM?
I do not understand the premise of your response.

What did Avram Grant win to be called a Genius? Can you enlighten me Maybe i didnt watch TV on the day Avram Grant won

You claimed that opions are divided on RDM which isnt a new thing in coaching Opinions are divided on almost all coaches in the world
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
dayokanu:

What did Avram Grant win to be called a Genius? Can you enlighten me Maybe i didnt watch TV on the day Avram Grant won

You claimed that opions are divided on RDM which isnt a new thing in coaching Opinions are divided on almost all coaches in the world

grant was terry's slip away from winning the champions league - unless you can prove it was grant's tactical approach that made terry slip, he is as good as rdm if not better. he ran united close in the premier league(title was decided on the last day) and he also played extra time in the final......miles better than finishing 6th, living off the back of avb that qualified chelsea from the group stage and losing intentionally in the premier league and still getting outplayed in munich!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
coogar:

grant was terry's slip away from winning the champions league - unless you can prove it was grant's tactical approach that made terry slip, he is as good as rdm if not better. he ran united close in the premier league(title was decided on the last day) and he also played extra time in the final......miles better than finishing 6th, living off the back of avb that qualified chelsea from the group stage!

Samuel Peters was a Punch away from being World heavyweight Champions, TerryG is a track away from being Grammy winner,

RDM played 3 FA cup games won all 3. 100%

RDM played 6 CL games won 4 lost 0 Won the CL with a 66% winning and 0% loss. If that were to be in Points that would be 14 points out of 18

Won a Double in 4 months Some coaches have not been able to win anything in 7yrs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 21, 2012
seriously, im at a loss as to how you guys do it.
i get woozy reading these tonnes of titangraphs, pile of quotes and whatnots.

it is friday gaddemit!
go out, have a beer, chase some women!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2012
OMO IBO: seriously, im at a loss as to how you guys do it.
i get woozy reading these tonnes of titangraphs, pile of quotes and whatnots.

it is friday gaddemit!
go out, have a beer, chase some women!

Its 3:40pm here The day is still young
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2012
dayokanu:

Ok. Great then. Since that is the case, I presume you can understand why I lean on the side of "yet to be convinced" with respect to RDM's achievement.

Just like you pointed out the reasons why some believe those elite managers are not as good as they are thought to be, I reserve the right to believe that camping 11 players in your half, whilst still conceding 90 shots at goal over the 3 final games is by no means a measure of tactical ingenuity and only something more positive, inventive and attacking can actually propel him to the realm of the elite.

The point will remain the same until RDM wins something else.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
Make una leave matter abeg. I know nateevs hatred even if he borrow leaf from the man who invented grammar to convince us that is not the case. Haterism would always show itself before ninjas issue disclaimers. If David moyes win epl some people will still tell us it's luck

Rdm has done brilliantly. He doesn't need to win with style to convince me. I am realistic enough to look at the squad he was handed and say yeah they can play brilliant footie most times but they lack the cutting edge and defensive midfield. If I compare that to city for example who have better attacking edge and stronger defensive midfield then I know my expectations. That's the reason the bookies and every pundit make Chelsea 3rd favourites. So niggas don't need to throw fits everytime what we expected and predicted happens and use it to whip rdm. Only the naive ones who were boasting that Chelsea have the midfield and shekpe keeper to compete will be throwing fit and start counting games toward rdm sacking. That's when their haterism shines through, not all this disclaimer they are signing.

Keep you hair on lads. The Italian has proved his intelligence. If the problem is porous midfield he will find a way around it. He warned them boys sternly after athletico game that he will do what he needs to to protect himself and next game he replaced them with Ramirez and Bertrand. Some boys might claim he was being too defensive but he achieved the immediate aim to solidify the backline whilst delivering the skillers a message that non -defending will not be tolerated. So make una leave matter. If the problem is porous midfield, you will see solution as time goes on. If the problem is poor shekpe keeping by strikers you will see solution soon enough. All it would take is give players a chance and when they prove themselves they will keep their position by popular mandate. Chelsea is not a club where you axe player's willynilly. You let their replacements prove a point in league cup or when injury/rest presents opportunity and you take it from there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
coogar:

grant was terry's slip away from winning the champions league - unless you can prove it was grant's tactical approach that made terry slip, he is as good as rdm if not better. he ran united close in the premier league(title was decided on the last day) and he also played extra time in the final......miles better than finishing 6th, living off the back of avb that qualified chelsea from the group stage and losing intentionally in the premier league and still getting outplayed in munich!

In addendum to what you have said, Dayo is creating a scenario with the Avram Grant that defeats his own logic.
If Drogba had slipped and we lost the CL, would that have been the difference between RDM's tactical genius and stoopidity.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2012
dayokanu:
Samuel Peters was a Punch away from being World heavyweight Champions, TerryG is a track away from being Grammy winner,

you are so foolish! terry g close to winning a grammy is analogous to john terry slipping in the biggest stage of european football? is it still possible to replace your brains with a goat's brain?

RDM played 3 FA cup games won all 3. 100%

how did he get there? who won the earlier fixtures of the same competition?

RDM played 6 CL games won 4 lost 0 Won the CL with a 66% winning and 0% loss. If that were to be in Points that would be 14 points out of 18

who got chelsea out of the group stage before rdm took over?

Won a Double in 4 months Some coaches have not been able to win anything in 7yrs

very harsh to say he did it all by himself. a certain portugese manager got chelsea out of the group before rdm took over. how do we know for certain rdm would have qualified from the group. drawing 2-2 with juventus @ the bridge is a bad omen and a pointer that rdm might not have taken chelsea to the final if he had taken over @ the start of last season!

nateevs:
In addendum to what you have said, Dayo is creating a scenario with the Avram Grant that defeats his own logic.
If Drogba had slipped and we lost the CL, would that have been the difference between RDM's tactical genius and stoopidity.

you must be very intelligent!
this is why i rate you far above the other chelsea geeks in here.......you are the most balanced chelsea poster - ibime has fallen from grace to the pits! rdm's tactical ingenuity was tied to drogba's kick or schweini's kick - an incident he couldn't have controlled!

i tell you - dayokanu has the brain power of a millipede!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
nateevs:

Ok. Great then. Since that is the case, I presume you can understand why I lean on the side of "yet to be convinced" with respect to RDM's achievement.

Just like you pointed out the reasons why some believe those elite managers are not as good as they are thought to be, I reserve the right to believe that camping 11 players in your half, whilst still conceding 90 shots at goal over the 3 final games is by no means a measure of tactical ingenuity and only something more positive, inventive and attacking can actually propel him to the realm of the elite.

The point will remain the same until RDM wins something else.

Go and check what became of teams that went toe to toe with barcelona and bayern in the Champions league last season.

CL final 2010. Jose Mourinho camped Inter Milan players in their half and they countered and won the Champions league.

Wenger camped 11 players in his Half vs Barcelona at Nou Camp and Lost conceding 67% of possesion and 20 attempts

in 2008 at Old trafford Ferguson conceded 63% possesion to Barcelona and almost 17 shots yet won

In football there are many ways to kill a chicken. RDM played the way that would win him games just like those listed above
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
coogar:

you are so foolish! terry g close to winning a grammy is analogous to john terry slipping in the biggest stage of european football? is it still possible to replace your brains with a goat's brain?

Astonishing really. . . .unfortunately even goats will refuse to take his donkey brain. grin

Muppets claiming 2 trophies in 4 months as if RDM orchestrated it to happen in that fashion. Did he win the CL and FA cups at different times to when they are usually won or something?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
nateevs:

We can go with the game of IF's and "Had it beens" till tomorrow. In most cases the difference between genius and stoopidity isnt much

Ballotelli tried some incredible flick sometime back it didnt come off, had it come off he would be a legend.

One Pastor in Ibadan went to the Lions cage and was eaten. If he came out alive, he would have been a genius.

Maradona scored the greatest goal in World cup history dribbling every player, If he has somehow missed, He would have looked stupid for not passing the ball earlier

If Wenger had won the CL with a buch of Djourous, Owusu Abeyie, Afobe, Muambas he would have been called a genius he was walloped and he was called a fool for bringing a knife to a gunfight

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (20007) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Omoluabi16(m), Shegzdave, Kamelot77(m), Unlimited22, SamueItem337(m), pazienza(m), BlueMann and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.