Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,439 members, 7,961,354 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 11:00 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13927) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11243789 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13924) (13925) (13926) (13927) (13928) (13929) (13930) ... (20003) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2022
Exonerate1:

It's a norm for Mount.

If this doesn't tell that we really need an AM then I don't know what we tell again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 2:46pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ibime who is this guy? Should this be good news.. Or?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2022
If not for agenda, the problem with the team is the lack of creativity

I'm not trying to defend Havertz, but we have very few created chances most of the time.

Salah has missed more Chances but he still tops the chart. It's obvious that there's more to for him with in 90 minutes. But for us, we wail when one or two is missed because there are very few coming through from the midfield and the back.

No creativity in this team.

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2022
Jamie Redknapp: "Chelsea haven’t got that goalscorer like a Drogba or Costa who’s going to get you the 20 or 25 goals that you are going to need to win the title and that’s really where they have come up short."
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2022
izzou:

I'm not trying to defend Havertz, but we have very few created chances most of the time.

Salah has missed more Chances but he still tops the chart. It's obvious that there's more to for him with in 90 minutes. But for us, we wail when one or two is missed because there are very few coming through from the midfield and the back.

Well said but I think Havertz should live up to his natural position as an AM and be creating as well, he is an attacking midfielder for crying out loud, his natural instinct is to create good scoring opportunities for his teammates before trying to shoot but you don't often get that from him,I have seen him missed the easiest of passes that i just questioned if he was ever an AM or SS, passes that even Thiago Silva would get right, so he will always be criticized besides everything you just pointed out to be his problem is also that of other attackers notably Lukaku but we all are not ready for such discussion..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 3:46pm On Apr 29, 2022
izzou:

No creativity? Are you for real? cheesy

What Werner, Fraudvertz, Mount, Pulisic and Lukaku have missed this season is more than what Salah and Mane have missed. We miss too many chances for you to say we aren’t creative.

We don’t have clinical finishers, that’s the main problem. If we had finishers like Jota, Salah and Mane, do you know how many assists Ziyech and James will be getting with their crosses and square balls? Same thing Trent is benefiting from? cheesy

I’m not saying you’re totally wrong but if we had clinical finishers, we wouldn’t be where we are now.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 3:51pm On Apr 29, 2022
Even Ozil, Messi and Fabregas won’t get good number of assists with Werner and Fraudvertz up front.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
timbros:

He is very rich but also very prudent. He is actually a Man Utd fan and other United fans have been trying to get him to buy the club but believes it won't be a good investment..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2022
timbros:

I don't believe it because Chelsea valuation is not that much and that Baba already refused to pay more than £1.5bln for the club before. Unless price has gone down and the journalist reported the wrong figure
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2022
popizaino:

I am still mad at him for failing to pass from this position.To even think he has twice this same opportunity to pass and failed to do so and have people like Swiz123 defended this is what I am still yet to come in terms with. The first instinct of an average attacking midfielder will be to attempt that pass and he will get it 11 times out of possible 10x not to talk of an attacking midfielder who is called a generational talent. Put players with similar left foot like ozil, odegaard, David Silva, Ryan giggs, mata in this same situation and it would have been match over for Liverpool.

You are forming an opinion with still Images. That passing lane was cut out in less than 0.30 seconds. In fact, it was gone immediately he controlled the ball and the direction the ball came from left him with only one possible option: releasing a one touch pass with the outside of his boots and very very quickly too. I can excuse such little margin for error. Mahrez chose to go for goal against Madrid instead of squaring for Folden, you can call him average for that but rest assured he serve you hot L maybe the next minute like he always do to you. Sometimes, shitt happen.

Mount has been doing worse ever since. He always prefers to shoot from tight angles rather than square for a simple tap in. While I make conscious efforts to come to terms with his selfishness, I can't stand his repetitive failure to execute a through ball even with much greater margin for error. Dude basically spams rubbish untill he gets one right. Just like Ziyech will spam crosses in hope of getting one right.

I also understand that you love comparing our players to others. If you must be very strict to criticize players for every little thing they do, I am surprised you haven't called out Silva for his role in knocking us out of the UCL. If excellence is being preached, and no error forgiven no matter the margin, then Silva should be dragged here for failing us on our biggest night this season. He was in fact disgraced by Benzema and until you spare a sermon or two for him, please kindly overlook little errors by other players.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ebukacute(m): 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2022
afrodoc2:

He is very rich but also very prudent. He is actually a Man Utd fan and other United fans have been trying to get him to buy the club but believes it won't be a good investment..
Is his money clean please?
I'm asking on behalf of someone sir.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 4:42pm On Apr 29, 2022
Exonerate1:

It's a norm for Mount.

You know for someone who fancies Mount, this is one of his worst attributes.

Hits and Hopes aimless passes and crosses. Passes when he's supposed to shoot and shoots when he's supposed to pass. Drifting to the wings when there's a clear central play. Poor positional play and decision making

Like I said the other time, At some point they'll have to get tired of beating their monkeys over a fact that has not changed.

Well at least until my eyes sees differently.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
swiz123:

You are forming an opinion with still Images. That passing lane was cut out in less than 0.30 seconds. In fact, it was gone immediately he controlled the ball and the direction the ball came from left him with only one possible option: releasing a one touch pass with the outside of his boots and very very quickly too. I can excuse such little margin for error. Mahrez chose to go for goal against Madrid instead of squaring for Folden, you can call him average for that but rest assured he serve you hot L maybe the next minute like he always do to you. Sometimes, shitt happen.

Mount has been doing worse ever since. He always prefers to shoot from tight angles rather than square for a simple tap in. While I make conscious efforts to come to terms with his selfishness, I can't stand his repetitive failure to execute a through ball even with much greater margin for error. Dude basically spams rubbish untill he gets one right. Just like Ziyech will spam crosses in hope of getting one right.

I also understand that you love comparing our players to others. If you must be very strict to criticize players for every little thing they do, I am surprised you haven't called out Silva for his role in knocking us out of the UCL. If excellence is being preached, and no error forgiven no matter the margin, then Silva should be dragged here for failing us on our biggest night this season. He was in fact disgraced by Benzema and until you spare a sermon or two for him, please kindly overlook little errors by other players.

This.

Once I see it, I dont even bother responding or entertaining any form of conversation
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 5:13pm On Apr 29, 2022
Exonerate1:

Can't even count how many times his runs get missed in a game.

You know contrary to what most people think., Even in Germany, it's always been hard to put Kai in a box. Whether as a striker, winger, false 9 AM, bla bla bla

But one thing I'm most convinced of is his space drifting and movements attributes. The way his mind works in terms of pockets of space movement is almost genius level. Extremely similar to a Thomas Mueller in this regard.

He's not a proper 9 to me. I think the premium with Kai would be when we've got a lot more clinical finishers in the Team. Then he gets to roam freely across the attacking third, It'ld really be a blast
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:24pm On Apr 29, 2022
Leprous fingers having a field day

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 5:26pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ibime:
grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

With their useless epistles

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ibime:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy haters
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2022
A consortium led by LA Dodgers owner Todd Boehly is set to be named the preferred bidder for Chelsea.

{BBC Sport}
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ibime:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
Amoto94:
A consortium led by LA Dodgers owner Todd Boehly is set to be named the preferred bidder for Chelsea.

{BBC Sport}
The person that is serious should be fast and buy the club so we can buy lewadoski, rapinha and kounde.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2022
Boehly’s consortium has been named as the preferred bidder to buy Chelsea, but If a deal with Boehly is not reached, the two other shortlisted consortiums – as well as Ratcliffe – could yet be invited to enter into talks to buy the club.

{The Athletic}

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2022
I think I may have to agree with whoever said Lukaku may not have been TT's preferred choice.

Just look at how often Lukaku has been played since Abrahamovic got frozen out,

I think it’s pretty clear now especially when you consider how TT kept playing him prior to the crisis despite his silly interview where he only dropped him for just a game as punishment
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:05pm On Apr 29, 2022
Havertz10:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy haters

Hate is allowed cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2022
swiz123:

Totally speechless.

I am speechless not because of I don't have a counter-response because it's needless at this point. If you watch our encounter with Real Madrid and think Thiago Silva has a role in knocking us out then I need not to waste my energy.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 80sjamshophip: 7:31pm On Apr 29, 2022
New owner

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:36pm On Apr 29, 2022
popizaino:
Totally speechless.

I am speechless not because of I don't have a counter-response because it's needless at this point. If you watch our encounter with Real Madrid and think Thiago Silva has a role in knocking us out then I need not to waste my energy.

Of the 3 goals conceded vs Madrid in Stamford bridge, How many were directly Silvas fault?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2022
raumdeuter:

Of the 3 goals conceded vs Madrid in Stamford bridge, How many were directly Silvas fault?

Post them gif, let me take a second look.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:46pm On Apr 29, 2022
izzou:

You have a strong point. We don’t create enough chances.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2022
popizaino:

Post them gif, let me take a second look.

https://streamable.com/jn1x2l
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2022
If our front three isnt firing why arent we trying this pulis -werner and ziyech, but this team can dash hopes.. how many cut backs we had and crosses nobody to get at the end of it .since the carabao final , its been hot and cold since.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by YoungZee1: 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2022
donstan18:

Mane has Afcon and Carling cup in the bag already.

UCL and FA cup finals waiting....

Might cliche EPL too.

But I’m suppose to overlook achievements and focus on Benzema’s goals, same goals classy strikers were scoring for fun?

Lol. Enjoy your Benzema hype, but be honest to admit that Mane deserves Ballon D’or.
U ppl should not 4get that ballon d'or originated from france..or do u think that they will jump & pass there own big benz for african players..remember that we once had blacks that deserved ballon d'or in the past but u knw the koko na.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2022
raumdeuter:

https://streamable.com/jn1x2l

How is this Thiago Silva's fault?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13924) (13925) (13926) (13927) (13928) (13929) (13930) ... (20003) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tng(f), bolu96(m), Singapore1(m), FergieRaww(m), 5inchdick and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.