Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,943 members, 7,962,998 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11258357 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (20009) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 05, 2012
Wasn't that a goal?
I expect a Liverpool equalizer anyway.

Bosingwa will kill us in Munich, i'd prefer PF.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:57pm On May 05, 2012
How did this game suddenly become this? We were comfortable. Bosingwa!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 6:57pm On May 05, 2012
pheww. .. . that luck again.. could have gone either way. but the whole of the ball DID not cross the line.

Terry's face was epic lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 7:00pm On May 05, 2012
Dear Bosingwa. . .

Please retire!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:10pm On May 05, 2012
CHELSEA 2011/2012 F.A CUP CHAMPIONS!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:10pm On May 05, 2012
FA Cup champions! For the 7th time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 05, 2012
FA CUP WINNERS
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 7:11pm On May 05, 2012
Part 1 don finish. . . Part 2 on the 19th!! C'mon Chelsea!!

The author should change this thread topic sharp sharp. . "Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Fa cup winners 11/12". . . and by the 19th, championsleague added to it. .

Congrats everyone. . Lets enjoy this victory!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 05, 2012
One more trophy to win.
We are Chelsea!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:13pm On May 05, 2012
hehehehe. . . . see as Chelsea players form circle around Bosingwa and Bosingwa is dancing alanta. . .good team spirit around a player who almost cost us the game grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:18pm On May 05, 2012
Bayern next gonna be tough but we are on course!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:26pm On May 05, 2012
Essien is a crook!... DAVID luiz plays alot!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:28pm On May 05, 2012
Mikel and kalou! Hilarious!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 05, 2012
Man of the moment.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 05, 2012
Our magicians.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 05, 2012
Now, that's what i call a manager of men.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 7:59pm On May 05, 2012
@Ibime
I think u owe Ramires an unreserved apology!! The guy perform for una gaaan this season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 05, 2012
He'll walk alone tonight. cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 05, 2012
Chelsea interim first team coach Roberto Di Matteo, brimming with delight after seeing his side win the FA Cup after beating Liverpool 2-1 at Wembey, paid tribute to the inner strength and character of his players after we won the trophy for the third time in four years.

'I'm very happy for the players,' said Di Matteo. 'We've had a difficult season, with lots of criticism, but the players responded to all the adversity we've faced. They answered their critics on the pitch, the most important place.
'I was very pleased with our performance against Liverpool because our record lately hasn't been good against them, but we played well for most of the game and scored two good goals.'
The trophy, our first piece of silverware since we beat Portsmouth to secure the double two years ago, has, according to some, lost it's sparkle and allure in recent years, but try telling that to the players and supporters who celebrated wildly at the final whistle.

'I couldn't see if it was in from where I was standing, I looked at the linesman and his flag wasn't up so that was good for us,' he said.

'We have a great keeper and he made a fantastic save, you always focus on the goalscorers but defensively we were magnificent to keep Carroll and [Luis]Suarez, who is a great player, at bay.
'When Carroll came on, he caused us problems with his physical attributes, and when they got one back it was always going to be nervy.'

'At the moment I just want to enjoy today,' he admitted.'Whatever comes next, we'll deal with it, the boss will make the decision but I'm very relaxed about it.'

Daglish on the game

'We were excellent in the last half hour, but a game lasts 90 minutes and you can't afford to give a quality side like Chelsea a two-goal lead,' he admitted
'Credit to Chelsea, if you're the better team for an hour of the game then you'll feel you deserve to win. A lot of our players are young and relatively inexperienced at this level, but you can't lose two goals in the fashion we did and expect to take anything from the game.'
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:51pm On May 05, 2012
A-40:
@Ibime
I think u owe Ramires an unreserved apology!! The guy perform for una gaaan this season

I dont owe him no apology.

He's been abysmal in central midfield.

RDM agreed with me that he can only perform on the wing or full-back and thats where he's been performing.

His pace and energy has been utilised on the wing (as I recommended) and his abysmal passing and stupid running away from the ball has been removed from central midfield (as I recommended).

You should be apologising to me for calling it right.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:03pm On May 05, 2012
Stats zone. Didier Drogba becomes the rirst player to score in four Fa Cup finals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 11:16pm On May 05, 2012
The bosoms of the Old Guards have suprisingly gone quiet. Roberto Di Matteo should now without doubt be given the post permanently(no matter the outcome of the Champions League Finals)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 12:03am On May 06, 2012
nateevs: Stats zone. Didier Drogba becomes the rirst player to score in four Fa Cup finals.

Hmmm Isn't it better to keep shape?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:22am On May 06, 2012
dayokanu:

Hmmm Isn't it better to keep shape?

You don't keep shape in cup finals.
You can afford to keep shape against smaller teams like QPR.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:45pm On May 06, 2012
Ibime:

I dont owe him no apology.

He's been abysmal in central midfield.

RDM agreed with me that he can only perform on the wing or full-back and thats where he's been performing.

His pace and energy has been utilised on the wing (as I recommended) and his abysmal passing and stupid running away from the ball has been removed from central midfield (as I recommended).

You should be apologising to me for calling it right.

Nigga park well!! My point is simple! You have been his harshest critic and he has proven you wrong in more ways than one this season! He is not a possession type midfielder he is more of a box to box nigga who would fit in depending on the system in operation

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:17pm On May 06, 2012
^^^^
help me tell am ,is it compulsory a midfielder to posses all abilities of a midfielder ? NO

but his ability to run ,speed up play for counter attacks ,score goals ,fight for ball ,his recovery back to help the wing backs with such horse-like strength i think he deserves the praise, yes he can be shyte at times but thats the game of football...
@ibime
point of correction you've got no ''football know how'' than RAMIREZ on the field of play
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:18pm On May 06, 2012
@nateevs
whats up with willian, is he a done deal?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:31pm On May 06, 2012
A-40:

Nigga park well!! My point is simple! You have been his harshest critic and he has proven you wrong in more ways than one this season! He is not a possession type midfielder he is more of a box to box nigga who would fit in depending on the system in operation

You are the one who needs to park well.

Lets examine your statement - "he has proven me wrong. . ."

In what exactly?

(1.) That he has pace?

or

(2.) That he has energy?

Or you mean he has proven me wrong that "he does not possess half of the technique to play central midfield"

Pick your point of contention and stop chatting wuruwuru.

Was he not "producing" when I was criticising him? Or do you think he only started scoring goals two weeks ago? Ramires was widely hailed as "Chelsea player of the season" and "2nd top-scorer" even when I was criticising him.

Now this is the point you still miss re: your quote above. . . ."box-to-box" midfielders must possess some qualities ie simple ability to receive the ball, protect it with their body, spin-away from opponent, pass the ball correctly, keep possession. . . . and not run blindly with the ball through central midfield like a headless chicken. . . and dont run away from a square pass in midfield. Don't confuse running away from the ball with running box-to-box. Box-to-box midfielders only start making their runs when the ball is worked out wide. Until then, they play passes with their team-mates in midfield. . . unlike Ramires who starts running away as soon as Mikel/Romeu receive the ball. There is no box-to-box midfielder in the world without these qualities I've listed. . . except Ramires.

Hence I said Ramires should be deployed on the wing or full-back where his only technical responsibility is to run onto diagonal through-passes (which is what he was doing even when he was playing central midfield) or to harrass opposition wingers. . . .and he is doing it well.

We just thank God he has been removed from central midfield where he messes every play up.

I wanted him out of my midfield and now he's out of the midfield, Im enjoying his game. Its simple as that. Nothing personal. Even in the same post I jocularly claimed that I have better technique than him, I still put him on the wings in my team to play Barca. I know his assets and I know his liabilities. Dont preach like he "proved something to me". I know my footie.

When Nateevs told BlueDiva that Ramires is the central midfield version of Theo Walcott, it didnt even take 3 weeks for BlueDiva to come back and say Nateevs was right after studying his game. I know that Ramires produces good match-changing efforts (like Theo Walcott does) but when we point out Ramires' liabilities, dont come here preaching to us like "I told you so". We know what the dude is capable of from day one. . . just keep him away from our central midfield. Ramires was still scoring goals when I was his harshest critic.

dyabman:
@ibime
point of correction you've got no ''football know how'' than RAMIREZ on the field of play

I thought you said Ramires is better than Busquets. So you've gone from comparing Ramires to Busquets to comparing Ramires technique to Ibime? You even took it serious meaning maybe you even consider your technique to be superior to Ramires, no? wink

You know players technique is poor when fans watching start thinking "I play pass this guy" grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:07am On May 07, 2012
^^^^
Ramirez took out almighty barca, what Sergio busquet will never do to chelsea in years to come...
both legs of the game Ramirez strength and speed swallowed Busquet and his colleagues,
read this scenario

''if sergio busquet should be the last man standing and he sees Ramirez coming with the ball you know what will happen to him but thats not the same story if busquet is with the ball and ramirez is the last man he would turn back and pass like mikel, so who is superior?'' grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:24am On May 07, 2012
grin @ibime
i play football at its best , am a goal poacher like papis demba cisse, have got fantastic first touch like Berbatov and sublime finish like that of Thierry Henry, when am frustrated by defendas like you becos i believe you are just ELUKOBI OR MOORE!! , have got the qualities of Hasselbaink to shoot from afar...
you see how exicting i am when it comes to football.. ibime you be small boy for my side.. tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by freecocoa(f): 7:45am On May 07, 2012
dyabman: grin @ibime
i play football at its best , am a goal poacher like papis demba cisse, have got fantastic first touch like Berbatov and sublime finish like that of Thierry Henry, when am frustrated by defendas like you becos i believe you are just ELUKOBI OR MOORE!! , have got the qualities of Hasselbaink to shoot from afar...
you see how exicting i am when it comes to football.. ibime you be small boy for my side.. tongue
With all these qualities,i think its safe to ask,please which club do you play for?tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 10:30am On May 07, 2012
^Nnewi united - I repeat Nnewi united! undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (20009) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bolu96(m), MeniMeni, Ibunkun1(m), airmark(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.