Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,952 members, 7,963,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 12:34 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11258652 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (20010) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:57pm On May 08, 2012
coogar:

67 - arsenal
66 - spurs
65 - newcastle
61 - chelsea.

chelsea have to go ahead of newcastle first before even thinking of spurs.
if he had won this game at the expense of losing 3 key players to injury, what
would di matteo tell roman abramovic?

anyways, why should we even listen to you knowing there's an obvious conflict
of interest, you want him to play cole, mata, drogba, lampard, mikel so they
can be knackered before the final in munich.

What does it take to get ahead of Newcastle, Arsenal and Spurs? three of them lost points last weekend and chances are that they might still lose points this weekend.

This is senseless. Today is May 8, Finals is May 19. How would players be knackered from today till the final which is in 11days time?

Dont other teams and players play every 4-7days?

FYI Bayern is playing the DFB pokal final against Dortmund next weekend
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:04pm On May 08, 2012
dayokanu:

What does it take to get ahead of Newcastle, Arsenal and Spurs? three of them lost points last weekend and chances are that they might still lose points this weekend.

This is senseless. Today is May 8, Finals is May 19. How would players be knackered from today till the final which is in 11days time?

Dont other teams and players play every 4-7days?

FYI Bayern is playing the DFB pokal final against Dortmund next weekend

what about injuries? chelsea are decimated already with the suspensions.
should any of the starters in munich get crocked, chelsea would need to bring back zola,
dennis wise and torre andre flo to make up 11 players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:08pm On May 08, 2012
My verdict . . . .

I will get slaughtered for this but I will state it right now.

You will see some come up here and say we finished 6th because of AVB.
I am sorry but it is absolute garbage. We are 6th because that's where we finished.

Our cup run is hiding our league form. Our league form has been L W D D W W D L L and it's not beautiful.

For those who already believe RDM is the messiah, I say this is what tests the resolve of the manager.
Unfortunately there aren't a run of games after this loss to show how/if we bounce back.
Is RDM going to rip into JT for the shocking performance? Absolutely not!

For now, I am siding with the camp that believes that RDM is just a cup manager.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:11pm On May 08, 2012
I'm in shock.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:12pm On May 08, 2012
nateevs: My verdict . . . .

I am sorry but it is absolute garbage. We are 6th because that's where we finished.

Our cup run is hiding our league form. Our league form has been L W D D W W D L L and it's not beautiful.

For those who already believe RDM is the messiah, I say this is what tests the resolve of the manager.
Unfortunately there aren't a run of games after this loss to show how/if we bounce back.

For now, I am siding with the camp that believes that RDM is just a cup manager.

dayokanu is one of those charlatans.
saying rubbish when the facts speak otherwise.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:13pm On May 08, 2012

Can we see the last 9 results under AVB to compare?

RdM is a cup manager? Pls which type of manager is AVB?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:22pm On May 08, 2012
dayokanu:

Can we see the last 9 results under AVB to compare?

RdM is a cup manager? Pls which type of manager is AVB?

I don't care about AVB. Last time I checked, he's not the Chelsea Manager.
I am passing a verdict on the Chelsea manager. All this you are talking is megede-fegede.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:26pm On May 08, 2012
nateevs:

I am passing a verdict on the Chelsea manager. All this you are talking is megede-fegede.

Why would you be concerned about AVB when he handed down the rot.

When AVB was leaving he was only won 2 of his last 12 games

About to be knocked out of the CL after a woeful performance in naples.

Struggling vs second division Birmingham in the FA cup

RdM took over a side on the brink,

He has them in the CL finals against all odds

He has delivered the FA cup

So what more do you expect him to do? Given that you were the one always giving excuses for reknowned failures like AVB and Torres
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:28pm On May 08, 2012
nateevs:

if i were you, i wouldn't take dayokanu seriously at least until after the european final in munich.
there's a conflict interest. he would big up mediocre players and put down the talented ones.
he wants drogba n mata to play tonight to cop hamstrings that would leave them out of the final.

dayo is a Arrow!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 08, 2012
46pts out of 81 and 9 games to go.
RDM is not a magician, considering that he is fairly inexperienced himself.

The stupid move made by the club has boomeranged.
You go and buy out a rookie for 15mil and expect wonders.

I don't care how the season ends, i wouldn't blame RDM.
If the rookie called AVB was still around surely FA cup and CL dream would have been over long before now.

RDM has done well but is still quite inexperienced to lead a club like Chelsea.
If tomorrow we win the CL everyone will come here and say RDM is a genius for resting those players.

I will keep saying it, the season is fukked because a certain AVB was brought in!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:36pm On May 08, 2012
BlueDiva: 46pts out of 81 and 9 games to go.
RDM is not a magician, considering that he is fairly inexperienced himself.

The stupid move made by the club has boomeranged.
You go and buy out a rookie for 15mil and expect wonders.

I don't care how the season ends, i wouldn't blame RDM.
If the rookie called AVB was still around surely FA cup and CL dream would have been over long before now.

RDM has done well but is still quite inexperienced to lead a club like Chelsea.
If tomorrow we win the CL everyone will come here and say RDM is a genius for resting those players.

I will keep saying it, the season is fukked because a certain AVB was brought in!!!

of course, avb lost tonight's game. same one as getting dicked all over by newcastle @ stamford bridge.
with those 6 points, chelsea woulda been in the top four as we speak.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:40pm On May 08, 2012
coogar:

if i were you, i wouldn't take dayokanu seriously at least until after the european final in munich.
there's a conflict interest. he would big up mediocre players and put down the talented ones.
he wants drogba n mata to play tonight to cop hamstrings that would leave them out of the final.

dayo is a Arrow!

So the mediocre ones played tonight - Torres instead of the talented ones - Drogba, Lampard?

Thank God we are getting somewhere
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:47pm On May 08, 2012
dayokanu:
So the mediocre ones played tonight - Torres instead of the talented ones - Drogba, Lampard?
Thank God we are getting somewhere

lukaku, bertrand, essien, turnbull, romeu, malouda, ferreira.

torres is gold.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 08, 2012
of course, avb lost tonight's game. same one as getting dicked all over by newcastle @ stamford bridge.

AVB left us languishing at 5th with 8 games to go.
We were at the danger of being knocked out from FA cup and CL.

There was so much to be done.
It's was a terrible mess that had to be cleaned and unfortunately cleaning the mess left players fatigued.

Chelsea players are exhausted, too much to do in so little time.
No shame in losing this game and the one at the Bridge.

I seriously doubt our CL chances.
It's an expensive price to pay, RA should stop bringing flops to the club.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On May 08, 2012
coogar:

Since RdM was hired he has lost 3 league games, City, Liverpool and newcastle

In the same time frame

table toppers Man city has lost to Swansea and Arsenal

Man Utd has lost vs Wigan and City

Arsenal has lost to Wigan and QPR

Tottenham has lost to QPR, Norwich, Everton and Man Utd

So we can all see that RdM hasnt done badly within that time compared to other team and managers who didnt even have the distraction of the FA cup and Champions league
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:57pm On May 08, 2012
BlueDiva:
AVB left us languishing at 5th with 8 games to go.
We were at the danger of being knocked out from FA cup and CL.

There was so much to be done.
It's was a terrible mess that had to be cleaned and unfortunately cleaning the mess left players fatigued.

Chelsea players are exhausted, too much to do in so little time.
No shame in losing this game and the one at the Bridge.

I seriously doubt our CL chances.
It's an expensive price to pay, RA should stop bringing flops to the club.

if di matteo was gold, why didn't he win the remaining games to take chelsea to 3rd.
he lost against newcastle, liverpool and citeh. drew arsenal, fulham and spurs.
i am afraid, this dude is not the messiah chelsea need.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 11:00pm On May 08, 2012
coogar:

if di matteo was gold, why didn't he win the remaining games to take chelsea to 3rd.
he lost against newcastle, liverpool and citeh. drew arsenal, fulham and spurs.
i am afraid, this dude is not the messiah chelsea need.

Why didnt he win the remaining games, At the same time win 4 out of 5 CL games at the same time win all 4 FA cup games

Really? Now why didnt Ferguson, Wenger or mancini who didnt take over a team mid season win all their games in the last 3 months

never mind the clueless AVBoas
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 08, 2012
dayokanu:

Why didnt he win the remaining games, At the same time win 4 out of 5 CL games at the same time win all 4 FA cup games

Really? Now why didnt Ferguson, Wenger or mancini who didnt take over a team mid season win all their games in the last 3 months

Nor mind them my brother.
If AVB was sacked when we were in 2nd position or leading the table we can afford to blame RDM.

You leave a team at 5th and they manage to regroup and win a cup and reach a CL final, they nor try?
Even though RDM is a rookie but he still has footie sense x10 of AVB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:38pm On May 08, 2012
dayokanu:

ferguson has gotten bored of winning league titles - he's got nothing to prove.
same as wenger and to a far extent, mancini.

what has di matteo achieved in his life? nil!
he has a lot to prove to retain his job as the chelsea manager. avram grant in di matteo's shoes did better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 11:53pm On May 08, 2012
coogar:

ferguson has gotten bored of winning league titles - he's got nothing to prove.
same as wenger and to a far extent, mancini.

what has di matteo achieved in his life? nil!
he has a lot to prove to retain his job as the chelsea manager. avram grant in di matteo's shoes did better.

Di matteo has won the FA cup same thing Mancini has won in 2yrs and more than Wenger has achieved in 6yrs

Avram Grant was given the job in October bought players e.g Anelka in january and ended trophyless

Di matteo was given the job in March didnt buy a single player and he has won the FA cup, with a 50% chance of winning the CL

So try harder
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:53pm On May 08, 2012

Sharrrrraaaaaap!!!

Stick your verdict where the sun dont shine.

Motivation is the key factor in football.

Anyone who cant see that Liverpool would be ten times more motivated to win than Chelsea needs to see a psychologist.

How could they pass up the chance to revenge their cup final defeat infront of their home fans against a Chelsea on auto-pilot due to Cup commitments.

Best believe that if League position was the goal during RDM's manic tenure, we would be in 3rd position right now.

AVB who had all of December, January and February without any pressure could not squeeze pips out an orange, dropping points every which way to nonentities.

Chelsea had an epic run of games with 5 consecutive games against Barca, Arsenal, Tottenham etc and came through unscathed. That was where their motivation lies.

Infact we have been playing reserve team in the league for the last 7 weeks, indicating that we are mentally geared up for the Cups.

Schizophrenic Coogar started the night arguing the right for RDM to rest his players, now he is arguing the opposite.

I said at the start of the season that AVB is Europa Cup King and will take Chelsea into Europa Cup. . . and he has done just that!!!

But thank God that we will win UCL final. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ritchboy(m): 12:23am On May 09, 2012
Chelsea could've still finished 3rd mathematically, in fact i fancy two of Newcastle, Spurs and Arsenal to drop points this weekend. A bit daft "resting" players 10 days before the final if you ask me. Hard to believe Chelsea actually finished sixth.

As for Di Matteo, he's going to need better players next year if he get's the job. Good cup form has masked poor league form(worse than AVB's albeit under different circumstances).
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 1:18pm On May 09, 2012
I think RDM rested players prematurely - and that's why he lost this game. Does it prove he is a 'cup manager'? Hardly - it's simply a judgement call that I don't agree with. . . if it works, he will be called a genius.

RDM felt the odds of winning two games (one against a very motivated Liverpool at home) were lower compared to hoping two or three teams drop points on the last day. He decided to prioritise keeping his players fresh for the possibility of winning the CL.

Whose league form has been beautiful? Is Arsenal's league form beautiful? Is Tottenham's beautiful? Is Man Utd's beautiful? The only teams in the top 6 at the moment that can claim to have 'beautiful' league form is Citeh and Newcastle.

Tottenham and Arsenal have had virtually no other considerations except the league, yet have been faltering.

When a team is that far from the Cl spots but still in the cups, it is inevitable that its league form will suffer as it prioritises the cup competitions. This is even more glaring when you consider the fact that the bulk of the squad being close to or above 30 and hence are unable to deliver consistent performances every 4 days. For such an obvious fact to be lost on you shows you are completely out of your depth when it comes to footie analysis.

Stick to your vacuous shape keeping and double pivot mumbo jumbo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:25pm On May 09, 2012
dayokanu:

Di matteo has won the FA cup same thing Mancini has won in 2yrs and more than Wenger has achieved in 6yrs

Avram Grant was given the job in October bought players e.g Anelka in january and ended trophyless

Di matteo was given the job in March didnt buy a single player and he has won the FA cup, with a 50% chance of winning the CL

So try harder

you're a serial w@nker. di matteo has won which fa cup?
if villas-boas didn't win the games in the earlier rounds, would di matteo even
have fa cup games to play? if villas-boas didn't qualify from his champions league group,
would di matteo be playing in the european final?

how did you graduate from college? are you deliberately obtuse or
you are just being an odious Arrow that you tend to be at this time of the year?
di matteo has won the fa cup as if he started it himself and ended it.
some of you pillocks shouldn't be posting on a public forum.

Ibime:
Schizophrenic Coogar started the night arguing the right for RDM to rest his players, now he is arguing the opposite.

you are an obnoxious pregnant pig.
your lack of comprehension has exposed you again. nateevs attacked the form not tonight's game.
di matteo did not rest players against newcastle and y'all were disgraced at the bridge by demba ba.
according to nateevs, di matteo has a win % of 33.33% in the league - it's a relegation form.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 11:48pm On May 09, 2012
coogar:
if villas-boas didn't win the games in the earlier rounds, would di matteo even
have fa cup games to play? if villas-boas didn't qualify from his champions league group,
would di matteo be playing in the european final?
Funny dude....Any man and his dog could have and really should be getting chelsea through those earlier rounds.
However it takes a competent manager to not just see you past those earlier rounds but also take you far into those competition with a possibility of winning them. Something we all can agree AVB is not.
Luckily RA saw sense and fired him before things went any further downhill. I rate that as one of the best decisions he has taken since taking over the reigns at chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 12:40am On May 10, 2012
Cooogar the APE!

I seee u ride on bro!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 2:02am On May 10, 2012
RDM was sensible in comparing the probability of his team beating liverpool and all of arsenal,newcastle n spurs losing at d same time to d probability of his side winning a single match over 90mins against a gud bayern side.
seeing dt d odds were against d 1st event occuring he decided to rest crucial players cos any further injuries would emasculate his side.
d crucial players for chelsea dt MUST start dt game in munich r cech,lampard,cole n drogba.not only cos of their big game experience but cos of their ability to dig deep n perform under pressure.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:39am On May 10, 2012
FA Cup winners
FA Youth Cup winners!

Nothing do us.

Its Blackburn next!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:32pm On May 10, 2012
FBS: FA Cup winners
FA Youth Cup winners!

Nothing do us.

Its Blackburn next!

You beat me to that. I was going to ask if you saw the game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 10, 2012
Congrats to the youth team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 10, 2012
It's getting to that time again when there will be nothing to watch at weekends.
How will i survive? cry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:45pm On May 10, 2012
Meanwhile, another Chelsea fan hoping to join the team. We are being linked with Lazar Markovic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (20010) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Singapore1(m), MeniMeni, airmark(m), MEND001 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.