Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,222 members, 7,936,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 10:32 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11141652 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19690) (19691) (19692) (19693) (19694) (19695) (19696) ... (19880) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:41pm On Jul 26
Filip Jorgensen 22 Denmark GK joining Chelsea for £16m + £5m add on. Will become starting GK, with Kepa and another GK expected to leave.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:24am On Jul 27
airmark:

Like I kept on hammering back then, our injured defenders are back, no need of wasting money on defence. This is you confirming my view, which has now been reportedly confirmed by Chalobah's exit.

Good that you have now moved away from having 200m and buy defender and CF. Rest.

So you know our defenders are injured last season but kept on insisting that attack was the problem?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 6:39am On Jul 27
Here we go again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:21am On Jul 27
timbros:

So you know our defenders are injured last season but kept on insisting that attack was the problem?

I always insisted that attack was the major problem. You have eternal problem of comprehension.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:22am On Jul 27
Leyqute:
Here we go again

Timbros can't be redeemed.

airmark:

And who told you I didn't ask to sign a CB as Silva's replacement?

My argument is, attack should be our major concern. The defence was sh1t largely because of our injured players there but you didn't believe that.

Let me even ask you,

Is Badiashile better than Colwill?

Is Gusto better than James?

Is Disasi better than Fofana?

Why should we spend scarce resources on another LB as you want, when we can convince Maatsen to come back as a starter, that we will sell Chilwell and use the fund to get better attackers?

I recommended 2 better strikers/finishers than Jackson. 1 LWF better than Sterling and Mudryk and a CB, Silva's replacement. We don't need to waste money on any new LB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 10:27am On Jul 27
Who saw the happenings at the Olympics opening ceremony?

Omo

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:16am On Jul 27
airmark:

I always insisted that attack was the major problem. You have eternal problem of comprehension.

An attack that scored way more goals than the previous season is the major problem. But a defence that conceded much much more goals than the previous season is the minor problem.

Shouldn't the mere fact that majority of defenders are out injured most of the season make defence our major problem?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ThierryJay: 11:27am On Jul 27
Na overwokeness go kill France abi Europe sef.

Why mock christianity so blatantly with a satirical parody of the last supper in front of the entire world? Can they try that with the other main religion and not see a global backlash of unimaginable proportions?

The entire ceremony was just a mish-mash parade of elujibiti kiu ideology. Na only women dem celebrate for their history. I thought it supposed to be a gender-balanced agenda not gender-monopoly.

Paris 2024 really fall hand. London 2012 was the bomb especially the James Bond grand entrance from a parachute off a Chopper. Mr Bean's performance too was great. Now that's authenticity.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 12:28pm On Jul 27
BlewMahn:
Who saw the happenings at the Olympics opening ceremony?

Omo
Woke bs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bombblacks: 1:11pm On Jul 27
ThierryJay:

Why mock christianity so blatantly with a satirical parody of the last supper in front of the entire world? Can they try that with the other main religion and not see a global backlash of unimaginable proportions?

The entire ceremony was just a mish-mash parade of elujibiti kiu ideology. Na only women dem celebrate for their history. I thought it supposed to be a gender-balanced agenda not gender-monopoly.

Paris 2024 really fall hand. London 2012 was the bomb especially the James Bond grand entrance from a parachute off a Chopper. Mr Bean's performance too was great. Now that's authenticity.
Bro the presentation has nothing to do with Christianity. You have just cooked up something in your mind to get angry about. It was a depiction of the Greek god Dionysus. It's an homage to the Greek mythology of Dionysus where the freaking Olympic originated from.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neztar: 1:13pm On Jul 27
ThierryJay:

You remember James Bond but you forget the queen jumping from high. Did you watch the opening ceremony?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ThierryJay: 1:22pm On Jul 27
Bombblacks:

Bro the presentation has nothing to do with Christianity. You have just cooked up something in your mind to get angry about. It was a depiction of the Greek god Dionysus. It's an homage to the Greek mythology of Dionysus where the freaking Olympic originated from.

It's Dionysus in form, Xtianity in substance. Even the Greeks are complaining that it doesn't look anything like Dionysus.

Elon Musk, several global Media outlets, Fox News, Daily Mail have all reported the apparent impression of the act making a mockery of Christians. Do you think they are all just cooking it up?

What does the fat Lady in the middle with a halo-like crown imply? Is that not reminiscent of the popular halo on Jesus in the painting by Leonardo da Vinci?

I'm not angry, I'm just saying that it was unnecessary from the organizers knowing the most obvious impression and controversy it will generate.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ThierryJay: 1:26pm On Jul 27
neztar:
You remember James Bond but you forget the queen jumping from high. Did you watch the opening ceremony?

You are just helping me to make my point. Thankyu.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bombblacks: 1:40pm On Jul 27
ThierryJay:

It's Dionysus in form, Xtianity in substance.

Elon Musk, several global Media outlets, Fox News, Daily Mail have all reported the apparent impression of the act making a mockery of Christians. Do you think they are all just cooking it up?

What does the fat Lady in the middle with a halo-like crown imply? Is that not reminiscent of the popular halo on Jesus in the painting by Leonardo da Vinci?

I'm not angry, I'm just saying that it was unnecessary from the organizers knowing the most obvious impression and controversy it will generate.

You guys are very funny. You think your religion is unique lol. Bro all the ancient gods were also represented by holy halos. It's not unique to only Christianity. Infact you stole it from those ancient religion. You and others are using a presentation about the Greek god Dionysus to run a meaningless propaganda.

This is London 2012 opening ceremony you were talking about. If Voldemort and Harry Potter were not popular most would have termed it Devil worship, Satanism etc

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ThierryJay: 1:46pm On Jul 27
Bombblacks:

You guys are very funny. You think your religion is unique lol. Bro all the ancient gods were also represented by holy halos. It's not unique to only Christianity. Infact you stole it from those ancient religion. You and others are using a presentation about the Greek god Dionysus to run a meaningless propaganda.

This is London 2012 opening ceremony you were talking about. If Voldemort and Harry Potter were not popular most would have termed it Devil worship, Satanism etc

You are comparing apples and oranges. The Harry Potter sphere is a subject of fandom not religion. Same as James Bond, Avengers, Mr Bean & co. Your analogy is fiction just like Harry Potter.

Religion is real on the other hand. As a smart person in a global ecosystem, you have to be emotionally and culturally sensitive especially when what you are showcasing will impact billions across diverse races and religion. Surely this is not an alien concept to you.

The Greeks put halos around their gods. The French did not put any halo around the supposed greek God Dionysus but instead put it on the fat lady "Jesus". Stop denying the obvious.

Just look at the reaction generated below. Why will you allow an event like Olympic that's supposed to unite globally degenerate into controversy?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bombblacks: 1:56pm On Jul 27
ThierryJay:

You are comparing apples and oranges. The Harry Potter sphere is a subject of fandom not religion. Same as James Bond, Avengers, Mr Bean & co. Your analogy is fiction just like Harry Potter.

Religion is real on the other hand. As a smart person in a global ecosystem, you have to be emotionally and culturally sensitive especially when what you are showcasing will impact billions across diverse races and religion. Surely this is not an alien concept to you.

Just look at the reaction generated below. Why will you allow an event like Olympic that's supposed to unite globally degenerate into controversy?

This is where I take my leave. Religion is as real as superman and Harry Potter. If you decide to take a demonstration about an ancient mythical greek god out of context just to start a propaganda, then that's on you and not the organizers.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ThierryJay: 2:01pm On Jul 27
Bombblacks:

This is where I take my leave. Religion is as real as superman and Harry Potter. If you decide to take a demonstration about an ancient mythical greek god out of context just to start a propaganda then that's on you and not the organizers.

You are just playing ostrich or missing the point entirely!

The point is not whether Christianity, Islam or any other religion is true or not. The realness is that there are billions of people who ardently follow these beliefs and are stakeholders in the Olympic event.

Why would you then depict a picture that appears to mock a section of them? Pray tell, why are the French promoting Dionysus a Greek character in a French Olympic when we already had Athens 2004 to do that, if there was no hidden agenda to use it as a smokescreen for the mockery of the Last Supper. Olympic hosts celebrate their treasures and dont go after other countries own.

You do not seem to understand cultural sensitivity in a globally diverse setting. There are lines you don't cross publicly regardless of your personal beliefs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 2:07pm On Jul 27
Ballzproblemm:
Ronaldo fans keep stopping low , Olympics wey them no rate when Messi win am ,now they're hate watching Argentina team at the Olympics,I feel una pain.

Messi go continue to give una sleepless nights
This one is a mad person o. This fool thinks Vini hates Argentina because of Ronaldo 😂😂. A Brazilian player mocking Argentina who is their biggest rival in football has turned to Ronaldo fans. Messi fans are hopeless.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 2:11pm On Jul 27
Bombblacks:

This is where I take my leave. Religion is as real as superman and Harry Potter. If you decide to take a demonstration about an ancient mythical greek god out of context just to start a propaganda, then that's on you and not the organizers.
The only thing religious people are good at is crying. Even things that doesn't concern them they will cry about it. That was how I called Ronaldo God of football and this guy below was crying in my mentions 😂😂

Vischy:

I have told you to stop this blasphemy,stop comparing a mere mortal to the supreme God , your Creator.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 2:40pm On Jul 27
Trevor012:

This one is a mad person o. This fool thinks Vini hates Argentina because of Ronaldo 😂😂. A Brazilian player mocking Argentina who is their biggest rival in football has turned to Ronaldo fans. Messi fans are hopeless.
are you mad,shey you miss your way on the road to yabaleft?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ijustwantto(m): 2:43pm On Jul 27
Dude is always talking like a drunk child.
If you say A, he will say z cheesy
Ballzproblemm:
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 2:44pm On Jul 27
Ballzproblemm:
Keep quiet you mad goat. Only a useless fool will think Vini is mocking Argentina because of Ronaldo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 2:44pm On Jul 27
Ijustwantto:
Dude is always talking like a drunk child.
If you say A, he will say z cheesy
yeye somebody 😒
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:00pm On Jul 27
timbros:

An attack that scored way more goals than the previous season is the major problem. But a defence that conceded much much more goals than the previous season is the minor problem.

Shouldn't the mere fact that majority of defenders are out injured most of the season make defence our major problem?

You referred to injured players as doctors with no hope of rescuing us next season. While I wanted bulk of our transfer funds to go to upgrade our attack, you were against it.

I hope you have been educated and finally delivered from the spirit of arguing blindly.

airmark:

And who told you I didn't ask to sign a CB as Silva's replacement?

My argument is, attack should be our major concern. The defence was sh1t largely because of our injured players but you didn't believe that.

Let me even ask you,

Is Badiashile better than Colwill?

Is Gusto better than James?

Is Disasi better than Fofana?

Why should we spend scarce resources on another LB as you want, when we can convince Maatsen to come back as a starter, that we will sell Chilwell and use the fund to get better attackers?

I recommended 2 better strikers/finishers than Jackson. 1 LWF better than Sterling and Mudryk and a CB, Silva's replacement. We don't need to waste money on any new LB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 3:13pm On Jul 27
Amoto94:

Financial recklessness ruined them this is why I'm bothered by Chelsea buying of overhyped players at ridiculous amounts and selling talented homegrown players for less than their true worth, Chelsea may run into trouble soon if they don't make UCL and they're ducked for points for financial doping.
They will soon call you Cobhamsexual
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:29pm On Jul 27
airmark:

You referred to injured players as doctors with no hope of rescuing us next season. While I wanted bulk of our transfer funds to go to upgrade our attack, you were against it.

I hope you have been educated and finally delivered from the spirit of arguing blindly.

Can you quote where I said the bolded?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 3:43pm On Jul 27
See the kind chances Argentina dey waste smh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 4:01pm On Jul 27
How many goalies now?

Lol
Make we dey watch

CB, LB, GK, AM, ST

Still feel we need a LW.

And there's like 10-15 players who need to be sold.

Make we dey watch.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 4:02pm On Jul 27
James, Nkunku, Lavia

What do you have for us this year?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 4:04pm On Jul 27
Unlimited22:
Genuine question guys

Where does Lothar Matthaus rank for you on your list of top CDMs/CMs of all time?

Cc Afrodoc2 Ibime Raumdeuter Griffon Skimpledawg Nihilistjnr BlewMahn Andrewbaba44 Android17 Nateevs ballzproblem2 etc

Top 6 maybe

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 4:05pm On Jul 27
Unlimited22:
James, Nkunku, Lavia

What do you have for us this year?

They've all gotten their medical degrees. Now it's time for them to focus on their real calling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19690) (19691) (19692) (19693) (19694) (19695) (19696) ... (19880) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, chidekings(m), lateefGRDT(m), zeusis(m), A001, nihilistjnr, Realtord43, Demolz, rooftops, lordfalcao(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.