Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,735 members, 7,962,381 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 09:58 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11255510 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (20008) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
Finally. . . . A STRIKER!

But don't be surprised if hes on the bench next match! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
dayokanu: Nateevs

[size=14pt]Why do you think Ba would score more goals if given the same chances and minutes Torres was given playing in front of the same selfish midfield that doesnt create chances?[/size]

Simple. Demba Ba is an all-round better footballer than Torres is. Also, he has a better instinct for goals than Torres does.
And I never said the midfield does not create chances, I said they create only few chances.

So far, we've created only 3 chances for Ba. United would have created about 10.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
The confessions and backtracking has already started!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
I'm no psychic but I see a lot of bench riding in Fernando Torres's future
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
And down goes Kerry Dixon's record!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs: Simple. Demba Ba is an all-round better footballer than Torres is. Also, he has a better instinct for goals than Torres does.
And I never said the midfield does not create chances, I said they create only few chances

So far, we've created only 3 chances for Ba. United would have created about 10.

That was quoted and bolded for posterity

From the 3 chances created Ba has 2 goals already and one well taken header saved
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AlterEgoTM: 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
The commentator just asked "is there a Chelsea game without a Frank Lampard goal" grin

Is there grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 5:46pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

Now you're talking like Coogar. That statement is disappointing . . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
Chelsea has only created 3 chances. . . .but scored 5 goals!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AlterEgoTM: 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
9 more to ALL TIME!!!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
lalaboi:

Now you're talking like Coogar. That statement is disappointing . . .

Disappointing? That I wish my team can create as many chances as United does?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
AlterEgo™:
9 more to ALL TIME!!!!!!!

Don't think Lampard will be staying to break that record. . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ibime: Chelsea has only created 3 chances FOR BA. . . .but scored 5 goals!

Fixed for you. Just in case you missed some words.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
A-40:
I'm no psychic but I see a lot of bench riding in Fernando Torres's future

Dont be too sure. In life dont bet against some things, Man Utd comebacks, Dont bet against Spanish alliances, Roman gayy fantasies

Dont be surprised if Demba Ba gets into Police trouble and gets arrested to allow Torres or the find one thing to rope him into like it happened to Anelka, Drogba, Kalou, Lukaku one by one they all dissapeared and coincidentally involved with Black Panther brotherhood
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

Disappointing? That I wish my team can create as many chances as United does?

You say it like UTD really do create more chances on the plate for strikers. . . A vanpersie dribble and shot (X6), a rooney shot (4), a gazillion crosses by evra, rafeal, nani, Valencia etc. . and you call that chance. .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AlterEgoTM: 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2013
lalaboi:

Don't think Lampard will be staying to break that record. . .
He will! cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

Fixed for you. Just in case you missed some words.

What did Torres want? 10 chances.

Emotional guys go soon start to confess their emotions. So far we've heard Ba is a better player and better finisher. So why were emotional guys defending Torres all this time if his allround play and finishing isnt up to the standard required. . . one answer. . . EMOTIONS!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AlterEgoTM: 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
Total Cruise cheesy

That was as easy a ride as whatever! cheesy

Dividends of resting players against Rangers perhaps grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
lalaboi:

You say it like UTD really do create more chances on the plate for strikers. . . A vanpersie dribble and shot (X6), a rooney shot (4), a gazillion crosses by evra, rafeal, nani, Valencia etc. . and you call that chance. .

A chance is putting your striker in a position where they can score a goal. So if your striker in a position, can dribble and score a goal, a pass to him in that position is A CHANCE. If he cannot dribble out of a tight position, you probably wouldn't pass to him. The same goes for shooting. If your striker has a good shot on him from range, you pass the ball to him that position, yes it is a chance.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by codedguy1(m): 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2013
Na vertical pass to BA for the second goal from hazard. no!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ibime:

What did Torres want? 10 chances.

Emotional guys go soon start to confess their emotions. So far we've heard Ba is a better player and better finisher. So why were emotional guys defending Torres all this time if his allround play and finishing isnt up to the standard required. . . one answer. . . EMOTIONS!

Hehehe. "His all round play and finishing isn't up to the standard required" . . . The same Torres you were milking over in 2008 when you categorically stated he was better than Drogba. Where did he get the finishing and all round play then? grin grin

I said Demba's all round play is better than Torres. Just like Berbatov's all round play is better than Torres'. I never said, Torres' all round play isn't up to standard. Na you dey add that one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AlterEgoTM: 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
RA is an emotional ninja himself perhaps undecided
Shelling out £50 million for a player of 'lesser quality' to a £7 million buy!

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

Hehehe. "His all round play and finishing isn't up to the standard required" . . . The same Torres you were milking over in 2008 when you categorically stated he was better than Drogba. Where did he get the finishing and all round play then? grin grin

I said Demba's all round play is better than Torres. Just like Berbatov's all round play is better than Torres'. I never said, Torres' all round play isn't up to standard. Na you dey add that one.

If the difference between Demba Ba and Torres is winning matches, then it doesn't take a genius to work out Torres isnt up to standard. . . unless the standard is losing too frequently and rendering Chelsea toothless
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ibime:

If the difference between Demba Ba and Torres is winning matches, then it doesn't take a genius to work out Torres isnt up to standard. . . unless the standard is losing too frequently and rendering Chelsea toothless

As you, Ibime, have at one time in history endorsed Torres as the best striker in the premier league, it is out of place to state that his all round play and finishing isn't up to standard. If you say Torres has declined in form and his output isn't up to the standard required, then you make a different argument.

With regards to the standards of ability, what you are referring to right now and have done so frequently this season is criticise his inherent footballing ability. If you have endorsed him before, then this is either a dent on your judgement of footballing ability or you are just knocking Torres.

I hope you catch my drift.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
nateevs:

As you, Ibime, have at one time in history endorsed Torres as the best striker in the premier league, it is out of place to state that his all round play and finishing isn't up to standard. If you say Torres has declined in form and his output isn't up to the standard required, then you make a different argument.

With regards to the standards of ability, what you are referring to right now and have done so frequently this season is criticise his inherent footballing ability. If you have endorsed him before, then this is either a dent on your judgement of footballing ability or you are just knocking Torres.

I hope you catch my drift.

Drift any drift you want. Torres isnt up to standard just like Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry and Eusebio ain't up to standard! Who cares what standard they were 5 years ago or 50 years ago?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ibime:

Drift any drift you want. Torres isnt up to standard just like Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry and Eusebio ain't up to standard! Who cares what standard they were 5 years ago or 50 years ago?

Now you are hiding.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
Would anyone be surprised if Nateevs and Ibime are shaggginng themselves in London

These love they profess on NL pass titanic own
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
A striker scoring for Chelsea! Happy Happy!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
dayokanu: Would anyone be surprised if Nateevs and Ibime are shaggginng themselves in London

These love they profess on NL pass titanic own

lol. . . . Nateevs may be 50/50, but lets get one thing straight. . . I am!

I like this. . .

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
Now we have a striker.
2 goals already from a midfield that 'doesn't create'.

I hope the poor lad will be allowed to play.
Dud should be shipped out beg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2013
BlueDiva: Now we have a striker.
2 goals already from a team that 'doesn't create'.

I hope the poor lad will be allowed to play.
Dud should be shipped out beg.
abeg.. what do you mean thAT CHELSEA TEAM DOESN'T CREATE
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
[size=13pt]I just hope Torres Bench will have seat belt... We don't want benitez to start playing the Nationality CARD grin[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (20008) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sportsweb, AbokiWam, codeb(m), airmark(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.