Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,488 members, 7,961,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11246371 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (20003) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2014
It is unfair on Hazard but it has to be said! He is still lounging in the slightly above average level. I want to see him destroy opponents week in week out and not fade away today and come back tomorrow.

Its evident we rely on him alot but his output has not been that great. 14 goals and 7 assist for a player of his caliber is average.

I do believe we played better in some games without him last season.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ElFenomeno1: 11:58am On Aug 18, 2014
coogar:

Anywhere on the planet.
terry is a lion in the way he charges his team to victory. he's the english puyol. if arsenal had a player like him in the last 10 years, there's no way you woulda been trophyless for 9 years.

I am not disputing he is a behomoth LOL

Just wanted clarification....... anywhere on the planet is debatable but he is colossal!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
I am not disputing he is a behomoth LOL

Just wanted clarification....... anywhere on the planet is debatable but he is colossal!

john terry would do anything to get his team a win. he would defend with all parts of his body - hands, legs, head, anything. that's the difference between him & gerrard......

apart from puyol, i dunno any captain as vocal as terry on the pitch. he's always talking, screaming, pointing fingers & directing his players who to mark & where to stand. terry alone is worth 25 league points to chelsea.

lalaboi: It is unfair on Hazard but it has to be said! He is still lounging in the slightly above average level. I want to see him destroy opponents week in week out and not fade away today and come back tomorrow.
Its evident we rely on him alot but his output has not been that great. 14 goals and 7 assist for a player of his caliber is average.
I do believe we played better in some games without him last season.

even 4 of those 14 league goals were from awoof penalties. his statistics last season isn't that fantastic but he can always improve though. he has all the attributes to be a world class winger & he needs to start impressing jose now before he becomes tossed in the bin.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
Consistency is what Hazard lacks, he needs to be consistent, we don't want a week on, week off performances. angry, 35 goals before January won't be too much tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
Bimfo: Big bro chelseabmw, this guy have come again oo.. The guy that posts Devotional manuals on this thread.. Pls can U push him out again.. ?? The guy is just a Troll..

Okay Sir....... Done
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
Insight guys, insight.

Schurrle is a 15 goals a season player max and solid defensively. Hazard is explosive raw potential, one if harnessed and managed properly can make easily a 20 goals plus, 20 assists plus payer. Hazard is the sort you consider, future WPOTY. Whether he gets there is up for debate.

Hazard is the only player in the PL that is marked out by 3 players constantly. Even United did it. No other Chelsea players gets this much attention. Someone calling Hazard average. He's 23. To put things in perspective, he's only 6 months older than Gael Kakuta.

@Lalaboi

You cannot call Hazard's assist numbers average when you argue we played without a strong strike-force last season. If our strike force scored only a third of the chances creates by Hazard, he will be close to 20 assists. I bet no one will be calling Hazard average then. Only those ball-watching claim Hazard is coming in and out. I am not saying Hazard has reached the level of performance desired of him, he is definitely far from average. Perhaps you all are expecting him to peak by now, that's a different debate. Opta stats attached for you. Nobody (considering being only in their second PL season) tops these stats charts by being average. How do you explain someone who creates 92 chances in the whole season as inconsistent?

In the other question, can Schurrle, Wilian and Salah create 50 chances?

We all want Hazard's number to increase. Especially goals. But bear in mind that if Hazard's creativity increases, it will be taking him into genius category at age 24. How then can we be arguing at the same time that this same player is not crucial to Chelsea?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
nateevs:

that depends on the number of minutes & the number of set plays they take. what's the biggie in creating 50 chances?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
coogar:

that depends on the number of minutes & the number of set plays they take. what's the biggie in creating 50 chances?

Perhaps we should check Willian's minutes and compare them to Hazard's then. Since it seems so easy to create chances. Perhaps for once we can know exactly what average and inconsistent really are.

Compared with other mid-fielders in the PL, Hazard doesn't even take set plays.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
nateevs:
Perhaps we should check Willian's minutes and compare them to Hazard's then. Since it seems so easy to create chances. Perhaps for once we can know exactly what average and inconsistent really are.

Compared with other mid-fielders in the PL, Hazard doesn't even take set plays.

gimme 15 mins to get the info from the hacks.....

nateevs, there you go......turns out willian creates more chances per minute than hazardous.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1635325_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
Khedira's agent in London?

Get me this dude and have Mikel packing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
nateevs: Insight guys, insight.

Schurrle is a 15 goals a season player max and solid defensively. Hazard is explosive raw potential, one if harnessed and managed properly can make easily a 20 goals plus, 20 assists plus payer. Hazard is the sort you consider, future WPOTY. Whether he gets there is up for debate.

Hazard is the only player in the PL that is marked out by 3 players constantly. Even United did it. No other Chelsea players gets this much attention. Someone calling Hazard average. He's 23. To put things in perspective, he's only 6 months older than Gael Kakuta.

@Lalaboi

You cannot call Hazard's assist numbers average when you argue we played without a strong strike-force last season. If our strike force scored only a third of the chances creates by Hazard, he will be close to 20 assists. I bet no one will be calling Hazard average then. Only those ball-watching claim Hazard is coming in and out. I am not saying Hazard has reached the level of performance desired of him, he is definitely far from average. Perhaps you all are expecting him to peak by now, that's a different debate. Opta stats attached for you. Nobody (considering being only in their second PL season) tops these stats charts by being average. How do you explain someone who creates 92 chances in the whole season as inconsistent?

We all want Hazard's number to increase. Especially goals. But bear in mind that if Hazard's creativity increases, it will be taking him into genius category at age 24. How then can we be arguing at the same time that this same player is not crucial to Chelsea?

It doesn't matter how good Hazard is, his replacements are not shabby.

However the replacements for Matic and Costa is like going from elation to disaster.

We can win the league today if Hazard breaks his leg. We can not win the league if Matic or Costa break their legs. Simples.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
coogar:

without terry's guidance, ivanovic & cahill are deer in the headlights. terry is the best english captain in the last 15 years at least. he's a leader of men & a bloody good organiser. he tells cahill/ivanovic where to stand.

yes, cech could be replaced but he's still a very good goalie. all i am just trying to say is players who play centrally make up the spine not the special electives like hazard or willian who are stationed wide.

The old isnt saying much. Its like calling someone the best Swedish captain.

Without Terry Chelsea won the CL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
raumdeuter:

The old isnt saying much. Its like calling someone the best Swedish captain.

Without Terry Chelsea won the CL

chelsea didn't win it, bayern lost it!
you are looking at one game - how did chelsea get to that position in the first place? 13 games give you the CL title, not one.

get some perspective......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nateevs, Hazard is an amazing talent, arguably our best player last season, I doubt if there's anyone on here who's disputing that.

But how integral he is to us this term compared to Matic is the real debate here.

Now, I'd love to break it down in this fashion:

Without Matic:

A. We'd get treated to Mikel's error-laden displays.

B. We'd have to live with Ramires' horrendous first touches.

C. We'd have to inure to Ramires' poor decision making and headless chicken runs.

D. We'd have to throw in an unproven Ginkel into a position he isn't too familiar with.

E. We'd be forced into recalling Romeu - a decision that would likely mar our relationship with Stuttgart.

Without Hazard:

A. Willian is good enough to step in.

B. Andre is good enought to step in.

C. We wouldn't have to worry about 3 phucking defs marking a single player - this helps our matchday tactic.

D. Fabregas is all about output!

Bottom-line : We can fare OK without the mercurial Hazard cos we've got average decent wingers who can do half of the job he does but we'd be driven down to the deepest part of hell without Matic cos no effing soul can do half of what he does at the DM position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
coogar: chelsea didn't win it, bayern lost it!
you are looking at one game - how did chelsea get to that position in the first place? 13 games give you the CL title, not one.

get some perspective......

The 2 key games vs Bayern and Barcelona in Nou Camp he got red carded as early as 30mins with his team 2 goals down

After Terry left the Chelsea defence even got better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
raumdeuter:

The 2 key games vs Bayern and Barcelona in Nou Camp he got red carded as early as 30mins with his team 2 goals down

After Terry left the Chelsea defence even got better.

what about the first leg that terry's defence kept a clean sheet? you are a mumu, dayo!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ramires is suspended for todays game. . Good thing in Disguise. . How i wish Cech was suspended too. All due respect to Cech, he has served us very well. He should bow out on a High and just push a move to PSG. Its Courtios Turn! and i dont want him to disgrace him out of the club by Benching him. .

Matic Fab Willian Midfield today?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
Jose on Courtois

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho: "Obviously a goalkeeper is not a player you are changing match after match, you must give a bit of ability, but this is about performances.
"Ten years ago I had a very difficult decision to make when you have Carlo Cudicini giving fantastic performances in Chelsea's goal for many years and I made a decision for Petr in 2004-05 because I had in my hands a keeper who I thought could be in Chelsea's goal for many years and years.
"The situation is similar. We have to think about the future of the club and made decision to give the goal to Courtois. But I feel so comfortable and so safe having these two goalkeepers with us. Petr is a fantastic professional. He only knew my decision this morning."
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1636289_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

cech should force a move - it's the end of an era. but dayyyyyyum, this chelsea team looks the strongest in the league. jose has managed to build a monster squad yet again. there's quality all over from the goalie to the attack!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
coogar: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1636289_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

cech should force a move - it's the end of an era. but dayyyyyyum, this chelsea team looks the strongest in the league. jose has managed to build a monster squad yet again. there's quality all over from the goalie to the attack!

City has got the best team in the league followed closely by Chelsea.

Have you taken a close look at their squad?

It's two phucking professionals vying for one position. Those niggers are cheating, their squad looks like a fantasy football team!

Hart - Caballero
Zabaleta - Sagna
Kompany - Demichelis
Mangala - Nastasic
Kolarov - Clichy
Toure - Lampard
Fernando - Fernandinho
Nasri - Navas
Aguero - Dzeko
Silva - Jovetic

Coog these cocksuckers don't recognise Richards, Javi Garcia and Negredo any more - players who are good enough to start at Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard; Costa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
I hope Guapo finally sees that JM will indeed

1. play Fab in DM
2. play Azpilicueta at LB when he wants to.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
nateevs: I hope Guapo finally sees that JM will indeed

1. play Fab in DM
2. play Azpilicueta at LB when he wants to.

Lol I was just gonna say that as well...especially the Luis situation...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nervous start
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
Oscar is leaving Costa too isolated up there I think...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fab's already created 3 chances.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
Damn! Look at all the time he had.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
Goooaaallll!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
Gooooal Burnley!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Costa!!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
CostaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
The Monster is here!

Diego GOAL Costa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (20003) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lordfalcao(m), lajid, swiz123(m), anadozie1, HOMOTOYOSI10, Shegzdave and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.