Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,449 members, 7,961,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11244222 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6276) (6277) (6278) (6279) (6280) (6281) (6282) ... (20003) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2018
HanksAnuku:

There are some things that are pretty obvious.

The same Jorginho that broke passing record vs Westham only made 3 passes in the first 25 minutes yesterday.

Jorginho is the key to Sarriball but he is not press resistant.

That's how Everton used siggirdson to man Mark him completely out of the game too, and we drew 0-0 with them.

Once you press Jorginho, we're done...at least for now

Like NFL Jorginho is the quarterback and using Kante ahead was to press from the front so that jorginho will have the needed space and time.

I doubt he planned for Jorginho to be involved in the trenches of close quarters football
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 9:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
HanksAnuku:

There are some things that are pretty obvious.

The same Jorginho that broke passing record vs Westham only made 3 passes in the first 25 minutes yesterday.

Jorginho is the key to Sarriball but he is not press resistant.

That's how Everton used siggirdson to man Mark him completely out of the game too, and we drew 0-0 with them.

Once you press Jorginho, we're done...at least for now

I feel like we lack creativity elsewhere. If the opposition had other playmakers to worry about, they wouldn't be able to focus on Jorginho.
Kante is looking so harmless in that box to box role, I don't see him playing dangerous passes or making good runs in the box. Kovacic is talented but once again he's not very direct. The full backs aren't really creative either (and despite our goal coming from an Azpilicueta cross, when we attacked from the flanks).
People shit on Luiz and for a good reason, but his long passing is actually a pretty decent plan B - he can play really dangerous passes from the back when Jorginho is marked. He just had a terrible game yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2018
raumdeuter:

If airmark had seen you play inter departmental he would have called you the best defender in the world
lol cheesy
You and airmark sha
My style of play is similar to rudiger...Tall lanky no no sense defender....But my positioning is a suspect sometimes....
On David luiz I Prefer Not To Speak.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
raumdeuter:

Like NFL Jorginho is the quarterback and using Kante ahead was to press from the front so that jorginho will have the needed space and time.

I doubt he planned for Jorginho to be involved in the trenches of close quarters football

Kante is a bit one dimensional though. He's the best in the world at winning the ball back, but he's almost useless in advanced positions.

A naingollan or main man Vidal are the perfect all rounders to complement Jorginho.

If we want to keep playing the Jorginho role, then he has to be paired with Barkley and Kovacic abeg. Otherwise let's drop Jorgi and play 4231. Or 433 with Kante in the anchor position.

See how son ran away from Jorginho for that third goal. Son actually slowed down, had a quick chat with Jorginho, then zoomed off to make a fool out of David Luiz
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2018
Kimbeast:

I feel like we lack creativity elsewhere. If the opposition had other playmakers to worry about, they wouldn't be able to focus on Jorginho.
Kante is looking so harmless in that box to box role, I don't see him playing dangerous passes or making good runs in the box. Kovacic is talented but once again he's not very direct. The full backs aren't really creative either (and despite our goal coming from an Azpilicueta cross, when we attacked from the flanks).
People shit on Luiz and for a good reason, but his long passing is actually a pretty decent plan B - he can play really dangerous passes from the back when Jorginho is marked. He just had a terrible game yesterday.

Jorginho is Sarriball.

Sarri' s tactics are so dependent on the guy, that Sarri had to bring him along to London.

Everything you highlighted there is irrelevant because Sarri deliberately funnels all play through Jorginho.

Jorginho did not have a bad game. That implies that he can be held responsible for his showing yesterday. There's literally nothing he could have done. Spurs played a diamond specifically to choke him out of the game...and he's our single point of failure. No plan B

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2018
HanksAnuku:

Jorginho is Sarriball.

Sarri' s tactics are so dependent on the guy, that Sarri had to bring him along to London.

Everything you highlighted there is irrelevant because Sarri deliberately funnels all play through Jorginho.

Jorginho did not have a bad game. That implies that he can be held responsible for his showing yesterday. There's literally nothing he could have done. Spurs played a diamond specifically to choke him out of the game...and he's our single point of failure. No plan B
you sabi this thing.....respect bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 9:49pm On Nov 25, 2018
For those of you that might have been looking for where raumdeuter got that excerpt

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/world-cup/2018/exorcising-the-ghost-brazil-and-the-7-1_sto6794528/story.shtml

My goodness. That was incredible writing. The part discussing the Brazilian commentator during the match was literary genius.

Jack Lang.

if this man wrote a book, I need to find and buy 2 copies

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:02pm On Nov 25, 2018
raumdeuter:

Luiz coming good

You were that iddiot that gave age excuse for Boathand using hand to stop an aerial ball against Italy, years after. How old is David Luiz now, ode?.

Luiz at his peak in Fifa's book, was better than your alagolo defender, when we look at their individual abilities.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:02pm On Nov 25, 2018
Lordfalcao Welcome aboard My Man.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:02pm On Nov 25, 2018
raumdeuter:

Why is it that anyone you hype turns to shitt, Bonnuci, Krychokewack, Luiz, Belloti

Add Van dyke too.

I also hyped Morata and Boathand. Ode.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:13pm On Nov 25, 2018
chic2pimp:
Lordfalcao Welcome aboard My Man.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2018
raumdeuter:

Airmark is this your David Luiz
Lordfalcao
airmark has killed us with various analysis
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2018
Agbakolly:
lol cheesy
You and airmark sha
My style of play is similar to rudiger...Tall lanky no no sense defender....But my positioning is a suspect sometimes....

I know your type in school (if you miss the ball, don't miss the leg). cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:17pm On Nov 25, 2018
lordfalcao:
airmark has killed us with various analysis

Where were you when Luiz helped our backline to win epl and ucl?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:22pm On Nov 25, 2018
Ibime:
Look at this bastard

Sarri was deffending him that, he had to do that so that he won't deflect the ball into the net.

What a defence.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 25, 2018
airmark:

I know your type in school (if you miss the ball, don't miss the leg). cheesy
yeah...the nonsense man....better than Luiz tho cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2018
Bimffo:

Sarri was deffending him that, he had to do that so that he won't deflect the ball into the net.

What a defence.

Sarri never criticises defenders. He even said he doesn't want defenders to mark
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:55pm On Nov 25, 2018
Ibime:

Sarri never criticises defenders. He even said he doesn't want defenders to mark

Ah. Can't wait for January to come. I know the Chelsea board will back him up with some Funds.

I don't want to see Luiz, Willy and Ambassador in that squad.. Ambassador can't lead that Chelsea line.

Read some rumors that Higuain is on his way. I think for now, we will manage him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2018
lordfalcao:
Super sports just called morata a fox in the box, citing that he has scored 16 of his premier league goals in the box..

Ruamdeuter , airmark can we call him fox in the box??
You like trouble pass quarrel grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:01pm On Nov 25, 2018
airmark:

You were that iddiot that gave age excuse for Boathand using hand to stop an aerial ball against Italy, years after. How old is David Luiz now, ode?.

Luiz at his peak in Fifa's book, was better than your alagolo defender, when we look at their individual ability.

At Boatengs peak he won the world cup in David Luizs country disgracing him completely and fasttracking his international retirement
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2018
airmark:

Where were you when Luiz helped our backline to win epl and ucl?

When community defence was helping him

Abi no be the time dem play Cahill Azpi, Luiz, Kante Matic Moses and Alonso 7 players in defence?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
Agbakolly:
lol cheesy
You and airmark sha

See wayo man, you quickly denied Luiz and tagged with Rudiger. Maybe airmark was the Luiz type defender
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:06pm On Nov 25, 2018
HanksAnuku:

Kante is a bit one dimensional though. He's the best in the world at winning the ball back, but he's almost useless in advanced positions.

A naingollan or main man Vidal are the perfect all rounders to complement Jorginho.

If we want to keep playing the Jorginho role, then he has to be paired with Barkley and Kovacic abeg. Otherwise let's drop Jorgi and play 4231. Or 433 with Kante in the anchor position.

See how son ran away from Jorginho for that third goal. Son actually slowed down, had a quick chat with Jorginho, then zoomed off to make a fool out of David Luiz

Do you remember an argument here some seasons back when some claimed Kante was actually better as a box to box instead of at DM
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 11:07pm On Nov 25, 2018
raumdeuter:

Do you remember an argument here some seasons back when some claimed Kante was actually better as a box to box instead of at DM

that was afrodoc2 actually
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:08pm On Nov 25, 2018
HanksAnuku:
For those of you that might have been looking for where raumdeuter got that excerpt

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/world-cup/2018/exorcising-the-ghost-brazil-and-the-7-1_sto6794528/story.shtml

My goodness. That was incredible writing. The part discussing the Brazilian commentator during the match was literary genius.

Jack Lang.

if this man wrote a book, I need to find and buy 2 copies

This part

"Galvão Bueno isn't known for his mastery of nuance, but this is bad even by his standards. Miller? Kross? The grand old dinosaur of Brazilian commentary needs to spend the interval practising these German player names. Except, um, no, he's probably going to have more important things to do now, because it's 2-0 and Brazil are sinking like an anvil in a swimming pool. "They're coming again!" he hollers as Toni Kroos (two Os, one S) clobbers the third goal past Júlio César. "Brazil have completely lost control of the game! Not even the most pessimistic fan could have imagined this!" The exclamation marks are almost audible.
Predictably, he has hit 10 on the dial pretty early. He digs deep to muster more doom for goals four ("It's turning into a stroll!"wink and five ("How absurd. It's like a training match between a national team and a bunch of kids!"wink, but by the time the second half rolls around, resignation has set in. When Oscar scores his non-consolation goal in the final minute, Galvão's trademark "gooooooooooool" is scaled back to a mere "gol" – a telling verbal white flag from a man whose soul has long since exited his body."

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:10pm On Nov 25, 2018
Agbakolly:
yeah...the nonsense man....better than Luiz tho cheesy

Your village people must be wicked then. I'm not sure you won interdepartmental cup, let alone NUGA cup. Luiz won Ucl and epl, where are yours? (in raumdeuter's horrible voice)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:13pm On Nov 25, 2018
HanksAnuku:

Yeah i did say that.

He is struggling to adapt to the new role but i believe that might be partly due to the Sarriball slow pace possession footie and over reliance on Jorginho.

He would adapt better to the role if it was a faster paced, less possession oriented system.

Last last, generally speaking even at DM is not the player he was 2-3years ago, even last year it had become apparent he no longer covered up to 70% of the world again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:16pm On Nov 25, 2018
HanksAnuku:

Him and ibime

Ibime:
Kantes first appearance for Leicester was on the left wing as substitute. His follow up substitute appearances were as an AM. He also played one full game behind the striker. He can play box to box easily, infact that's what he was advertised as when Leicester signed him.

Ibime:
We bind and cast such demons in Jesus name!!!
Anyway, all I can see here is sentiments in support of their position.
Kante can do all things. He is box to box.
All these arguments are in Conte's hand not Raumdeuter or Nihilist or Ibime. Make we dey look.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2018
raumdeuter:

This part

"Galvão Bueno isn't known for his mastery of nuance, but this is bad even by his standards. Miller? Kross? The grand old dinosaur of Brazilian commentary needs to spend the interval practising these German player names. Except, um, no, he's probably going to have more important things to do now, because it's 2-0 and Brazil are sinking like an anvil in a swimming pool. "They're coming again!" he hollers as Toni Kroos (two Os, one S) clobbers the third goal past Júlio César. "Brazil have completely lost control of the game! Not even the most pessimistic fan could have imagined this!" The exclamation marks are almost audible.
Predictably, he has hit 10 on the dial pretty early. He digs deep to muster more doom for goals four ("It's turning into a stroll!"wink and five ("How absurd. It's like a training match between a national team and a bunch of kids!"wink, but by the time the second half rolls around, resignation has set in. When Oscar scores his non-consolation goal in the final minute, Galvão's trademark "gooooooooooool" is scaled back to a mere "gol" – a telling verbal white flag from a man whose soul has long since exited his body."

I expected them to write Luiz instead of Brazil in the highlighted line above, based on the fact that it was Luiz that conceded those goals. Mumu.

What made you not to quote the lines below too?

"Júlio César: buried. Maicon: crushed. Dante: lost. David Luiz: confused. Marcelo: aimless. Luiz Gustavo: demolished. Fernandinho: wild. Paulinho: outclassed. Oscar: weak. Hulk: shambolic. Ramires: irrelevant. Bernard: misguided. Fred: tragic. Willian: insipid. Felipão: vanquished."

But you oponu would say Luiz conceded those 7 goals.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HanksAnuku: 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2018
raumdeuter:

This part

This line off me completely...

Here lies your demise, close your eyes
Think good thoughts, die while your skin start to glisten
Pale blue hands get cold, your soul's risen
It's bad 'cause I just begun
What make the shït real bad
I Germany was having fun
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2018
I didn’t know Hazard is in ucl this season.
Heywhizzy:
Champions League nko..

There is sense in this your nonsense,
Only You diot says that Epl is not a league cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2018
Neymar has played for Barcelona and psg while Hazard Lille and in consistent Chelsea since 2012.
raumdeuter:

Their entire CL career. Hazard has played 6 CL seasons neither Neymar nor Mbappe have played more than 6 seasons

So lets compare their outputs n those 6 seasons

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6276) (6277) (6278) (6279) (6280) (6281) (6282) ... (20003) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: OVA200(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.