Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,102 members, 7,960,534 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 12:55 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (942209 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
fregur: My med wud expire on d 8th of feb.if I leave on d 26th of jan..Am I safe to enter without stress?
if your med expire stop at JFK and take another flight to Texas,JFK no get wahala.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 11:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
Kenny3273: To add to what u people are saying about having a poor english communication,the issue is very simple if u re not that good in communicate in english,find someone to rehearse with i mean acting like Co tell him/her the likely question u will encounter at the interview,if u are a olevel holder study hard with the subject u did while in school also if u re a graduate master all courses u did in school including ur project topic,im very sure u will come back and testify with what God has done for u,pls dont be discourage about ur poor english communication skills,if God is kind enough to choose you among the millions,he will see u through in jesus name be calm and do not shivering,do not be frightene the visa is yours, above all ask for the favour of GOd when going for the interview be secretive about it dont disclose with neighbours or friends im talking with experience i wish everyone goodluck and those wating to be selected, i luv u all! Ire ooooooooooooooo!

@ kenny3273, I gbadun ur comment weller nice one,
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:39pm On Sep 21, 2012
ifeanyi.abdul:

Sorry, do you mean the waz up English, I wana wana, hey dude. I need water... sorry, I mean I need warer? or do you mean our Nija pidgin slangs? And sorry, do CO's even understand pidgin English?

eh!de man-na,leave Uche alone abi u won tian, i beg leave story for tortoise na you born english.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by fregur: 11:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

if your med expire stop at JFK and take another flight to Texas,JFK no get wahala, Texas na republican state and Bush home, dem be thief.
Lolzzzzz!JFK own fit worse pass ooh.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:54pm On Sep 21, 2012
brightmon:
hmmmm, no be small thing. I be no wan put mouth b4 oh but Nigerians too LIKE to dey show dem self.
"no finger is equal and nobody is perfect"

please help me ask dem, with all the "I concor"" english wey dem dey speak for senate what is the benefit.with all our queens english common matches we note fit produce, Chinese no speak english dem dey produce better things even india don waka pass us.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
fregur:

No, one of the house member just came last week they never disturb him with his family.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by fregur: 12:01am On Sep 22, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

No, one of the house member just came last week they never disturb him with his family.
Rily,dats cool.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 12:05am On Sep 22, 2012
any1 yet in the house with CN 2013AF0005XXX or above with the 2nd NL
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:13am On Sep 22, 2012
fregur:
Rily,dats cool.
Yep! embarassed
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 12:17am On Sep 22, 2012
See we can jst been criticizing ppl like dat...if u r following ds comment...u wil c dat am not the one throw ds english or no english 2 forum I jst add my own comment on it...bt wat I'm tryin 2 say here is dat nawa days children doesn't undstd (yoruba,hausa,igbo) their parent doesn't taught dem the traditional language except english language, despite I use vex said no be every body go sch, because I can c dat ppl dey capiterlize on sch stuff. Me I can't shout ooooo.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 22, 2012
Kemzone2003:

9 FAM 42.33 N6.6 Derivative Status
(CT:VISA-1555; 09-30-2010)
a. Applicants must include on their initial entry their spouse and all natural children, as well as legally-adopted children and stepchildren, who are unmarried and under the age of 21 as of the date of the initial entry.

IT MEANS ANYONE 21 YRS OLDS CANNOT CLAIM DERIVATIVES FROMT THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT.

loconzo00:

The answer to your question is YES.

Tiwanna:

you need to quote all children above 21 in the registration too, it is necessary, but they will not be granted derivatives under you in case you win(they will not travel with you to yankee). they can also apply on their own despite been mentioned in their parents registration form.

Now, i'm much more confused that i was.

The question is this:
Childern older that 21 years are not eligible for DV under the parents, whay will the parents fill in the dv application form? Do they list the childern (they are all older that 21 yrs) or not?
Don't forget the instruction says "list all natural children" and later said "children older that 21 years are not eligible"
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 12:32am On Sep 22, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

please help me ask dem, with all the "I concor"" english wey dem dey speak for senate what is the benefit.with all our queens english common matches we note fit produce, Chinese no speak english dem dey produce better things even india don waka pass us.

@ adesojiaderemi, na to speak english we knw and to optain our self, 9ja get dat clues 4 Hand hmmmmmm.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 12:33am On Sep 22, 2012
Yembe, yea... My CN is 7*** and I have my 2ND NL for November by 7am... Try logging in with your Confirmation Number even if you've not gotten d email... I haven't gotten an email- so I'm guessing it's either in my spam folder, or I made a mistake with d email I wrote on d forms I sent back
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 1:19am On Sep 22, 2012
waka-about:

The question is this:
Childern older that 21 years are not eligible for DV under the parents, whay will the parents fill in the dv application form? Do they list the childern (they are all older that 21 yrs) or not?
Don't forget the instruction says "list all natural children" and later said "children older that 21 years are not eligible"

list all of them even the ones older than 21yrs. the 21yrs and above are ineligible to get the visa under u, but u as a parent must list all the children that u have. the one's above 21yrs can apply on their own despite been listed on your own form as their parent. example

is just like am taking my kids out on a family outing(dv application), and the ones under 21 and my wife or husband can lick ice cream(derivatives), while the ones 4rm 21yrs and above gets nothing since they are older and considered as adult(they cant get derivative status through u despite been been listed as ur child) and they can actually buy for themselves despite the fact that they are all my kids(register for themselves despite been listed as ur children in ur own application).
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Pelumiv(m): 1:39am On Sep 22, 2012
@ RoodBoy, I didn't have u in mind while I reply, its just a general advice. Come to think of it, let assume u were called to be interview and were ask to write about ursef? Will u write rubbish English u wrote to reply me? Am sure u will b bounced. For the fact that English is not our mother's tongue doesn't mean we shod nt be at least average when writing or speaking it. I no yab u oo, english no dey giv moni bt gud English dey command respect. Me sef dey trip wen some people here write beta English pass ma pry 6 own.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 1:56am On Sep 22, 2012
waka-about:

The question is this:

Children over 21 yrs are required to be listed for future purpose. If u have a child of that age and you do not include him/her in the form, when you become citizen, it will be hard to invite, sponsor or stand in as a parent for the children because their names won't be in their (US)records. Meaning they are not aware of the children as your children even though they are over-aged to claim derivative DV visa.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 2:53am On Sep 22, 2012
Many comments have been made concerning English language recently.
It is important to note that IT REMAINS A FACT THAT ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS NOT OUR LANGUAGE.
It is an adopted language for which we have been known by the world at large.
The colonial masters left it for us just as they left it for USA. We grew to learn and adopt it in Nigeria like many other nations of the world.
Some other countries were left with French, some with Portuguese etc.
These languages became their Lingua Franca. (Main language)
People who speak these languages roam the world on tours and holidays. THEY ARE NEVER ASHAMED OF THEIR LANGUAGES. Instead they seek to teach you their own languages.
In Europe for example, English as a language might seem dominant, but the vast majority DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH. Particularly the Eastern Europeans.When they come to English speaking country like UK, THEY ARE NEVER ASHAMED OF THEIR LANGUAGE.
EVEN IN ENGLAND, THE ORIGIN OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE, MANY ENGLISH MEN AND WOMEN CAN NEITHER READ NOT WRITE ENGLISH - THEIR OWN LANGUAGE.THEY ONLY SPEAK IT AS THEIR LANGUAGE.
Unfortunately its a different ball game with Nigerians. Anyone who can't speak correct English is looked down upon and called ILLITERATES. What a shame.
Having said all these, because it has become our "adopted culture" to learn,and be taught in English in our schools, we are known for that by countries where we seek to emmigrate or visit, so they EXPECT us to show a fair knowledge of the language at least to show that you were taught in school with it.
My advise for DV winners is to brush up our spoken English and leave the rest for God to handle.
For the purpose of this forum, if we must use English to communicate here, its just advisable that our use of English is understandable to other readers AROUND THE GLOBE for we MUST always remember that INTERNET IS A GLOBAL CUMMUNITY / FORUM.
OUR COMMENTS ARE READ ALL OVER THE WORLD not in Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa but in ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
That's the fact.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:06am On Sep 22, 2012
fregur:
A nairlander whose medical was expired passed tru JFK last week and no issues
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:20am On Sep 22, 2012
loconzo00: Many comments have been made concerning English language recently.
It is important to note that IT REMAINS A FACT THAT ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS NOT OUR LANGUAGE.
It is an adopted language for which we have been known by the world at large.
The colonial masters left it for us just as they left it for USA. We grew to learn and adopt it in Nigeria like many other nations of the world.
Some other countries were left with French, some with Portuguese etc.
These languages became their Lingua Franca. (Main language)
People who speak these languages roam the world on tours and holidays. THEY ARE NEVER ASHAMED OF THEIR LANGUAGES. Instead they seek to teach you their own languages.
In Europe for example, English as a language might seem dominant, but the vast majority DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH. Particularly the Eastern Europeans.When they come to English speaking country like UK, THEY ARE NEVER ASHAMED OF THEIR LANGUAGE.
EVEN IN ENGLAND, THE ORIGIN OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE, MANY ENGLISH MEN AND WOMEN CAN NEITHER READ NOT WRITE ENGLISH - THEIR OWN LANGUAGE.THEY ONLY SPEAK IT AS THEIR LANGUAGE.
Unfortunately its a different ball game with Nigerians. Anyone who can't speak correct English is looked down upon and called ILLITERATES. What a shame.
Having said all these, because it has become our "adopted culture" to learn,and be taught in English in our schools, we are known for that by countries where we seek to emmigrate or visit, so they EXPECT us to show a fair knowledge of the language at least to show that you were taught in school with it.
My advise for DV winners is to brush up our spoken English and leave the rest for God to handle.
For the purpose of this forum, if we must use English to communicate here, its just advisable that our use of English is understandable to other readers AROUND THE GLOBE for we MUST always remember that INTERNET IS A GLOBAL CUMMUNITY / FORUM.
OUR COMMENTS ARE READ ALL OVER THE WORLD not in Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa but in ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
That's the fact.

You are right bro but i must say here that it shouldnt be yard stick for attacks. Attimes i used my mobile phone(touchscreen phone) to type and make mistakes, i dont see these until i log on to my PC but some people will just yab you for nothing. Am very poor in writing english but i doubt if any one here can beat me in speaking it. Funny enough i never passed it at first sitting. I did engineering in school and English wasnt yard stick for me to pass my papers. But i know withing me that i needed to work on my english,no one told me. Even britons that owns the language speak badly, America that we are planing to go is even worse. Its gud to brush up your english but we should use it to attack ourselves here even if they are reading our posts from planet MARS.
Please,no more related attacks on english or else i wont back down on this.PEACE!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by imperiouxx(m): 3:24am On Sep 22, 2012
Hello guys, if someone is studying in US and won the visa lottery, is it necessary the person go back Nigeria for interview?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:34am On Sep 22, 2012
imperiouxx: Hello guys, if someone is studying in US and won the visa lottery, is it necessary the person go back Nigeria for interview?
Not all,you can schedule your appointment in US
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by obowunmi(m): 4:02am On Sep 22, 2012
imperiouxx: Hello guys, if someone is studying in US and won the visa lottery, is it necessary the person go back Nigeria for interview?

Not sure. Congrats if you won.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 4:08am On Sep 22, 2012
loconzo00:

Children over 21 yrs are required to be listed for future purpose. If u have a child of that age and you do not include him/her in the form, when you become citizen, it will be hard to invite, sponsor or stand in as a parent for the children because their names won't be in their (US)records. Meaning they are not aware of the children as your children even though they are over-aged to claim derivative DV visa.

Someone listed his 21yrs old daughter and was disqualified,he put up an argument on the issue of listing all his children by the form,he was later padon on request.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 7:18am On Sep 22, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Someone listed his 21yrs old daughter and was disqualified,he put up an argument on the issue of listing all his children by the form,he was later padon on request.

Thanks Soji for clarifying.....

THE PROCESS IS SIMPLE...
STEP 1:LIST ALL CHILDREN THAT ARE LESS THAN 21YRS OLS ONLY IN YOUR INITIAL DV ENTRY.
IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR FURTHER PROCESSING
STEP 2:ON YOUR DS-230 APPLICATION FOR IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION FORM..ON LINE 29 IT SAYS LIST..List Names, Dates and Places of Birth, and Addresses of ALL Children.
THIS IS WHERE KCC WILL CAPTURE ALL THE CHILDREN INCLUDING THOSE ABOVE 21YRS
STEP 3: YOU WILL ONLY SEND DS-230 FORMS TO KCC FOR ONLY THE CHILDREN BELOW 21YRS OLD.

I hope this answers the question.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 22, 2012
Kemzone2003:

Thanks Soji for clarifying.....

THE PROCESS IS SIMPLE...
STEP 1:LIST ALL CHILDREN THAT ARE LESS THAN 21YRS OLS ONLY IN YOUR INITIAL DV ENTRY.
IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR FURTHER PROCESSING
STEP 2:ON YOUR DS-230 APPLICATION FOR IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION FORM..ON LINE 29 IT SAYS LIST..List Names, Dates and Places of Birth, and Addresses of ALL Children.
THIS IS WHERE KCC WILL CAPTURE ALL THE CHILDREN INCLUDING THOSE ABOVE 21YRS
STEP 3: YOU WILL ONLY SEND DS-230 FORMS TO KCC FOR ONLY THE CHILDREN ABOVE 21YRS OLD.

I hope this answers the question.

Thanks...now i'm much more satisfied with the answers

in other words, the applicants with children over 21 years won't list them in the initial DV entry..

But the children would be covered in the DS-230 form.

thanks, i'll contact you if i have more questions.
THANKS EVERYONE
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 7:54am On Sep 22, 2012
Greetings to all... My CN is 4*** and I submitted my forms to KCC on d 17th of July. I haven't gotten 2nd Notification Letter. Do I need to mail them or still exercise patience? Pls help
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 7:59am On Sep 22, 2012
Ibracadabra: Yembe, yea... My CN is 7*** and I have my 2ND NL for November by 7am... Try logging in with your Confirmation Number even if you've not gotten d email... I haven't gotten an email- so I'm guessing it's either in my spam folder, or I made a mistake with d email I wrote on d forms I sent back
Please stop confusing people,saw your post yesterday and i checked mine and notting it was still showing the first notification letter of been selected and i called them at the kcc center and they specifically told me thay have not started sending out the second N.L till the end of this month or  can check back in 3weeks time,then the 2012 fiscal year would have ended oo .so please house help o @Tammytemmy and other guru in the house
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 8:04am On Sep 22, 2012
waka-about:

Thanks...now i'm much more satisfied with the answers

in other words, the applicants with children over 21 years won't list them in the initial DV entry..

But the children would be covered in the DS-230 form.

thanks, i'll contact you if i have more questions.
THANKS EVERYONE

SORRY FOR THE ERROR ON THE STEP 3:
YOU WILL ONLY SEND DS-230 FORMS TO KCC FOR ONLY ELIGIBLE THE CHILDREN BELOW 21YRS OLD.
..Applicants must include on their initial entry their spouse and all natural children, as well as legally-adopted children and stepchildren, who are unmarried and under the age of 21 as of the date of the initial entry.[b]

ADDITIONALLY NOTE A DIFFERENT SCENERIO THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE STATEMENT ABOVE IS FOR EXAMPLE IF A CHILD OF YOUR IS 20YRS AND 8 MONTHS AT THE TIME OF INITIAL DV ENTRY(E.G.OCTOBER 2011)..AND YOU ARE SELECTED FOR FURTHER PROCESSING IN MAY 2012(HE/SHE WILL BE 21YRS AND 3 MONTHS OLD)...IF YOUR INTERVIEW IS IN MARCH 2013(HE/SHE WILL BE 22 YRS OLD)...THAT CASE CAN BE SOLVED BY THE STATEMENT BELOW FROM THE DOS PROCEDURE

9 FAM 42.42 N12.1 The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA)
(CT:VISA-1568; 10-04-2010)
a. The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), Public Law 107-208, permits an applicant for certain immigration benefits to retain classification as a child under the INA, even if he or she has reached the age of 21. If an alien qualifies for CSPA benefits, the alien‟s age is frozen at the age calculation provided for in the CSPA. An alien whose CSPA age is determined to be younger than 21 and is unmarried will continue to treated as a child for immigration purposes throughout the processing of the case.
b. The CSPA potentially applies to virtually all immigrant visa cases including: immediate relatives, family and employment-based visa classifications, derivatives in Diversity Visa (DV) cases, derivatives in Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) cases, immediate beneficiaries under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), and derivatives in asylee and refugee cases (for classes not covered by CSPA, see 9 FAM 42.42 N12.3).
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 22, 2012
Kemzone2003:

SORRY FOR THE ERROR ON THE STEP 3:
YOU WILL ONLY SEND DS-230 FORMS TO KCC FOR ONLY ELIGIBLE THE CHILDREN BELOW 21YRS OLD.
..Applicants must include on their initial entry their spouse and all natural children, as well as legally-adopted children and stepchildren, who are unmarried and under the age of 21 as of the date of the initial entry.[b]

ADDITIONALLY NOTE A DIFFERENT SCENERIO THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE STATEMENT ABOVE IS FOR EXAMPLE IF A CHILD OF YOUR IS 20YRS AND 8 MONTHS AT THE TIME OF INITIAL DV ENTRY(E.G.OCTOBER 2011)..AND YOU ARE SELECTED FOR FURTHER PROCESSING IN MAY 2012(HE/SHE WILL BE 21YRS AND 3 MONTHS OLD)...IF YOUR INTERVIEW IS IN MARCH 2013(HE/SHE WILL BE 22 YRS OLD)...THAT CASE CAN BE SOLVED BY THE STATEMENT BELOW FROM THE DOS PROCEDURE

9 FAM 42.42 N12.1 The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA)
(CT:VISA-1568; 10-04-2010)
a. The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), Public Law 107-208, permits an applicant for certain immigration benefits to retain classification as a child under the INA, even if he or she has reached the age of 21. If an alien qualifies for CSPA benefits, the alien‟s age is frozen at the age calculation provided for in the CSPA. An alien whose CSPA age is determined to be younger than 21 and is unmarried will continue to treated as a child for immigration purposes throughout the processing of the case.
b. The CSPA potentially applies to virtually all immigrant visa cases including: immediate relatives, family and employment-based visa classifications, derivatives in Diversity Visa (DV) cases, derivatives in Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) cases, immediate beneficiaries under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), and derivatives in asylee and refugee cases (for classes not covered by CSPA, see 9 FAM 42.42 N12.3).

THANK YOU KEMZONE

what i'm much more concern is this:
if my children who are all older than 21 years of age during my initial DV 2014 entry are not eligible, what do i fill in my entry under the colum "number of children"
do i choose NO children or what do i do?

Putting in mind the initial instruction
14. NUMBER OF CHILDREN – Entries MUST include the name, date, and place of birth of your spouse and all living natural children. Entries must also include all living children legally adopted by you, and living step-children who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your electronic entry, even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if the spouse or child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you. Note that married children and children 21 years or older are not eligible for the DV

the confusing part is : you must list the names and date of birth of all natural children............children older that 21 years are not eligible
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bakorede(m): 8:16am On Sep 22, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

thesame form you signed before your interview.
i av sent u a mail.if u are nt able 2get it,dis is my own mail,bakorede_gesbest4u@yahoo.com.thanks alot,i wil appreciates ur swift response.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 9:06am On Sep 22, 2012
Ibracadabra: Yembe, yea... My CN is 7*** and I have my 2ND NL for November by 7am... Try logging in with your Confirmation Number even if you've not gotten d email... I haven't gotten an email- so I'm guessing it's either in my spam folder, or I made a mistake with d email I wrote on d forms I sent back

ok, thanks Ibracadabra. CONGRATS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:16am On Sep 22, 2012
@look4all. nobody is confusing u it is kcc dt is confusing all d pple dt ve gotten their 2NL re right u better believe them and excercise patience,u claimed to send ur form in july ,i sent mine on 20 june and got to kcc on d 26th and am yet 2 gt my 2NL.Dont let us be in a rush d 2NL letter ll nt elude us IJN. Good Luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (869) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.