Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,978 members, 7,936,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 05:26 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (939096 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 4:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
Adufesco: I have successfully purchase my ticket going to Atlanta next week! Thanks to lovely & wonderful people in the house who made this possible for me 2 achieve including dose dat are waiting for 2nd Nl and Interview, i pray dat we will all share a Good Testimony here, success is
urs all thanks Alot hurray!!!

So happy 4u Adufesco
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Smsm: 4:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
I have a question and really I need your help please ..

My name written on my passport 4 names

My name.
My father.
My grandfather
My grandfather father

I put on my forms all starting from DV application online till forms sent to KCC that my family name is my grandfather name (3) not no. (4)..

Is it a problem or its ok ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2013
rood boy:

@ widelink: pls man, check ur mail?

@nero xp: like I said b4, most case window I6 Handle (couples, BSC, HND, so on)
Yes, I think so too but Garvin was interviewed in Window 16.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 4:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
Smsm:

If your interview by Next March and your 2nd letter received on 11 jan .. That's mean the second letter of current April must be by February. This month
we still hav 8 day before this month comes an end. There is still a lot of time for the 2NL to fall in. So let's just wait for it to com cos we hav been waiting for this sinc last year, I don't think waiting for 8 or more days is too much.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 4:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
d pregnancy is 5 months n i hav a son of 3years old which included him in d prevoius form in june last year..but d pregnancy is my major concern because our interview is very aprochin between april n may dat ud b our interview period..pls is ther anythin i can do so dat on d interview dat will not b any problem since she will b about to deliver den...pls ur urgent repond is highly needed..God bless yall.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 4:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
Spoondar:
How many months pregnant did you say? If its a month then you have no problem and even if she was to give birth next month all you need to do is include the baby's profile and send it to KCC. During the medical test they will indicate that she is pregnant so dont you worry
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
usef83: d pregnancy is 5 months n i hav a son of 3years old which included him in d prevoius form in june last year..but d pregnancy is my major concern because our interview is very aprochin between april n may dat ud b our interview period..pls is ther anythin i can do so dat on d interview dat will not b any problem since she will b about to deliver den...pls ur urgent repond is highly needed..God bless yall.
I will advice you to calm down and not worry but when the day comes and you go to the interview please ask there how you will include the kid if unborn by then because you will get 3 visas only. By the way there was someone with the same case after the interview and got the visas the wife gave birth i dont know how it went but if you can look for his post and follow him up on how he did it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
my wife is 5 months pregnant and we ar xpectin our interview between april and amy..my people is anythin i can now so dat on d day of our interview der will not b any problem..though we hav a son who is 3years old n we included him in d previous form sent to kcc last year june..pls pls wat can i do to avoid any problem.thanks n God bless yall.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
HELLO HOUSE. GOOD NEWS FROM CAMEROON
I had my Interview yesterday Feb 19 in the US embassy in Yaounde. Cameroon,
I arrived Yaounde Friday to collect my Medical cert, there I met a guy and a girl who where also scheduled the same day as I was at 9 and 10 am respectively. I was scheduled at 11. I decided to stay Yaounde till the D-day
Yesterday I arrived the embassy some few minutes after 9 am, while being checked in I saw the lady I met in the clinic leaving the embassy, breathing out seriously in relief, she told me she already had her interview even before her interview time and it was successful. I realised then that I would've been interviewed even before the scheduled time. (No wahala)
I descended down to the interview hall and on my way I also saw the guy I met in the clinic running out as fast as he could. It appeared he didn't photocopied some of his documents. (Panic Attack to?? No I cast and bind)
I went in, collect a piece of paper with a code, and waited for my code to show up on the electric board right infront where people sit.Subsequently it did, I paid the $330 =174,000CFA, there I summited my documents and continue the waiting for about an hour and half. I was called upon to give my finger print in another counter. around 1:45 pm or less, my code flashed on the electronic board, and was directed window7
THE INTERVIEW
CO:I will take your finger print again to check if these are you documents
Me: Ok
CO: put you first finger on the machine
Me: I did
CO: ok
CO:I see you a a graduate in blablabla, from the univeristy of blablabla
Me: yes
CO: Ok, what do you want to do when u arrive US
Me: I want to continue to masters in blablabla
CO: Ok, do you have any relative in US
Me: No
CO: ok, the person you'll live with in US, who is he to you
Me: its a coursin.
CO: ok, (removed the yellow shit, wrote on it) CONGRATULATION.SCome this day and collect your visa
Me: Ok, thank you Sir

The guy I talked about was put in administrative processing. Please prepare WELL BEFORE ENTERING THE EMBASSY. And Also PRAY.
thanks to every forumites for the endless discourse. BABA TEMMY TAMMY,I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
@yembe2013:
Congratulations to you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
[quote author=usef83]my wife is 5 months pregnant and we ar xpectin our interview between april and amy..my people is anythin i can now so dat on d day of our interview der will not b any problem..though we hav a son who is 3years old n we included him in d previous form sent to kcc last year june..pls pls wat can i do to avoid any problem.thanks n God bless yall. or wat if she giv birth befor our interview ar we to refill d form n send it back to kcc or we shud jus hold on..pls reply is highly needed..thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
yembe2013: HELLO HOUSE. GOOD NEWS FROM CAMEROON
I arrived Yaounde Friday to collect my Medical cert, there I met a guy and a girl who where also scheduled the same day as I was at 9 and 10 am respectively. I was scheduled at 11. I decided to stay Yaounde till the D-day
Yesterday I arrived the embassy some few minutes after 9 am, while being checked in I saw the lady I met in the clinic leaving the embassy, breathing out seriously in relief, she told me she already had her interview even before her interview time and it was successful. I realised then that I would've been interviewed even before the scheduled time. (No wahala)
I descended down to the interview hall and on my way I also saw the guy I met in the clinic running out as fast as he could. It appeared he didn't photocopied some of his documents. (Panic Attack to?? No I cast and bind)
I went in, collect a piece of paper with a code, and waited for my code to show up on the electric board right infront where people sit.Subsequently it did, I paid the $330 =174,000CFA, there I summited my documents and continue the waiting for about an hour and half. I was called upon to give my finger print in another counter. around 1:45 pm or less, my code flashed on the electronic board, and was directed window7
THE INTERVIEW
CO: ok, (removed the yellow shit, wrote on it) CONGRATULATION.SCome this day and collect your visa

The guy I talked about was put in administrative processing. Please prepare WELL BEFORE ENTERING THE EMBASSY. And Also PRAY.
thanks to every forumites for the endless discourse. BABA TEMMY TAMMY,I appreciate.

Congratulations yombe!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Smsm: 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
yembe2013: HELLO HOUSE. GOOD NEWS FROM CAMEROON
THE INTERVIEW

Congratulation !!!! Happy for you smiley
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 5:16pm On Feb 20, 2013
@usef83:
i will advise that you relax your mind. Your wife being pregnant or having a new baby before/during and after your interview is a natural occurence and not a fraud.
If for instance your wife gave birth before your interview, all you need to do is to fill a new form for the baby and send it as email to KCC alongside the baby's picture and also remember to copy lagos embassy.
On your day of interview, go with a copy of the mail you sent to KCC and reply gotten afterwards. With this procedure, i don't see you having any problem.
Note: don't forget to go with enough proof to back it up. Like photos of your wife during pregnancy and others.
It is well my brother.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
rood boy:

Good of you man...are you still n 9ja?
Yes broda... Just trying to conclude somethings before moving. Will be out soon anyway. Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Smsm: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
I have a question and really I need your help please ..

1. 2. 3. 4
My name. My father. My grandfather My grandfather father

I put on my forms all starting from DV application online till forms sent to KCC that my family name is my grandfather name (3) not no. (4)..

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
mascotinme: Hello house, please i need ur help, when i filled my DV form last year, i was single, but wen i was sending my form to KCC, i included a letter that am engaged & that i will get married dat same year. After d wedding in nov, i sent another form through scanning to KCC, informing them of the latest development, but to my surprise, when dey send the 2nl, her name was not included as the benefiary, dey only invited me for the interview, please what should i do. Its urgent pls because my interview is next month.
u ar one of the invisible members of this forum. My brother I doubt if there is any other u can do abt it. Just go and get ur visa, wen u ar successful and have gotten to the states, u can then file for her to com. Any other thing aside this might jeopardize ur chance of getting the visa. Correct me if I'm wrong forumite.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oayombo: 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
I want to use this medium to thank God and Bros Temmy. My sister applied as single, had her introduction in January 2012..dvlottery result released in may, she had her court wedding in July...returned the forms in August...2NL arrived in December...gave birth to a baby boy in January...Notified consular office on the new birth...Had a successful interview today.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
usef83: hello my fellow nairaland,pls my wife is month pregnant now i hav sent our form since june last year and probably,our interview may fall in april or may.pls is there goin to b any or not.am the principal winner not her.pls wat can we do.thanks.
There's on cause for alarm bro, my wife was 4months pregnant @ d tym of our interview too, i'm d principal applicant and we gat our visas already(i even entered as single but got married before d result was out and so requested for change of status and sent my wife's form 230 along wit mine). They never expected ur wife not to be pregnant @ any point in tym if u're married and that's y it's good to do ur medicals between one to two weeks before ur interview as it will definately confirm ur wife's pregnancy and other health conditions. My only advice as regards this is dat if she has not given birth before ur interview, pls make sure u know how many months old the pregnancy is and also know her last date of monthly flow cuz u could be asked. I was asked d two questions and confirmation was made from my wife separately but i think it's was a test to know if she is truely my wife and if d marriage was genuine sha cuz i entered as single and later added her.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
junkerhill: u ar one of the invisible members of this forum. My brother I doubt if there is any other u can do abt it. Just go and get ur visa, wen u ar successful and have gotten to the states, u can then file for her to com. Any other thing aside this might jeopardize ur chance of getting the visa. Correct me if I'm wrong forumite.
Congratulations to u and ur siz... It's truly blessings upon blessing... Shalom...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2013
oayombo: I want to use this medium to thank God and Bros Temmy. My sister applied as single, had her introduction in January 2012..dvlottery result released in may, she had her court wedding in July...returned the forms in August...2NL arrived in December...gave birth to a baby boy in January...Notified consular office on the new birth...Had a successful interview today.

A BIG congratulations to your sister and her family.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
Smsm: I have a question and really I need your help please ..

My name.
My father.
My grandfather
My grandfather father

There's no prob broda... Same thing with my case and i av my visa already... I used four names like A, B, C and D from dv application and for sending my forms too though d reason being dat soon of my credentials carry 2 names like A and B, some three name like A, B and C and some three names like A B and D and d four name was what kcc contacted me wit even with my interview. The only advice is make sure ur international passport, NPC birth certificate, police report and medical report carry d four names. Wherever d space provided is not enough, use d first and second names wit d initials of d third and fourt names. That was what i did.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
congrats to the successful applicants.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
usef83: d pregnancy is 5 months n i hav a son of 3years old which included him in d prevoius form in june last year..but d pregnancy is my major concern because our interview is very aprochin between april n may dat ud b our interview period..pls is ther anythin i can do so dat on d interview dat will not b any problem since she will b about to deliver den...pls ur urgent repond is highly needed..God bless yall.
since she'll stil be pregnant during interview, u're good to go by my previous advice. Another thing is dat going by ur post, she is going to give birth around two months after ur interview so u av to make preparations so dat u leave d country before she gives birth if not u may av to go thru some other procedure or even going back to d embassy if she gives birth here to be able to go wit the child

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Schizogony(m): 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
Interview experience
me: gud morning sir
co(window 14): Is dis d form u sent 2 kcc?
Me: yes sir
co: pls sign here.(also captured my fingerprints, administered d oath) Did u pay ur fees dis morning?
co: wat is ur highest level of education?
Me: university degree
co: which discipline?
Me: ans
co: which institution?
co: have done ur national youth service?
Me: I'm on it
co: where?
co: wat is ur work there?
co: (circled an address on a white sheet of paper). Ur visa wil be ready 4 pik up in abt 7 days. Remember 2 pay ur USCIS fees b4 u travel..(gave me a paper containing instructions 4 paying online)
me: thank u sir.
PLEASE NOTE:
1. Once ur documents are wel arranged(speaks wel of u), d c.o wil fall in love wit it even b4 meeting u in person.(my observation anyway.
2. Dont go wit ur phone, even if u intend switching it off,as they won't allow u go in wit it.
Wishing all in d house similar success!

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
really apreciate for those of u who responded to my problem..thank u i will update as e dey o..Godj
bless.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by zahra82: 6:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
Hi there!

I need your advice. I won DV 2013 and got the visa. My visa will be expired on April 29, but my medical exams is alrealdy expired this month (february 18). I plan to travel to USA next month (March). Do i need to take a new medical exams?

thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 6:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
Schizogony: Interview experience
me: gud morning sir
co(window 14): Is dis d form u sent 2 kcc?
co: pls sign here.(also captured my fingerprints, administered d oath) Did u pay ur fees dis morning?
co: wat is ur highest level of education?
Me: university degree
co: which discipline?
co: which institution?
co: have done ur national youth service?
Me: I'm on it
co: where?
co: wat is ur work there?
co: (circled an address on a white sheet of paper). Ur visa wil be ready 4 pik up in abt 7 days. Remember 2 pay ur USCIS fees b4 u travel..(gave me a paper containing instructions 4 paying online)
me: thank u sir.
PLEASE NOTE:
1. Once ur documents are wel arranged(speaks wel of u), d c.o wil fall in love wit it even b4 meeting u in person.(my observation anyway.
2. Dont go wit ur phone, even if u intend switching it off,as they won't allow u go in wit it.
Wishing all in d house similar success!
Congratulations and welcome to d US of A
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2013

I believe your son was included on the online application.If your case is finished at KCC, they can't update your file, so you will do the updating with the embassy.If you've got your interview date, contact the Embassy when your baby arrives and get his/her paperworks and go for your interview. How do they make a passport for some days old kids? I know it's done with ease in the US.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
zahra82: Hi there!

I need your advice. I won DV 2013 and got the visa. My visa will be expired on April 29, but my medical exams is alrealdy expired this month (february 18). I plan to travel to USA next month (March). Do i need to take a new medical exams?

thanks

Yes to avoid delays and passport being held until medicals are redone in the US. This could be much costlier! Please enter b4 April 29 to avoid no entry at all!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
@schizogony:
congratulations to you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2013
Leripa:

A BIG congratulations to your sister and her family.

Did they give her, the baby and hubby visas? Congrats to her!

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.