Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,976 members, 7,960,096 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 12:54 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (942161 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 11, 2012
brightmon:
Sorry bro, thats it.

u mean no solution?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 11:12am On Sep 11, 2012
coax: Guys,
I have a special situation.
I've done my master and bachelor in engineering, and had worked in related field for 1.5 years. But since last Oct, I'm working in a totally different field, which is retail!
My wife also has done her masters and is working in a related field, but I'm the winner not her!
So just wondering if it has adverse effect on my interview?

Cheers all.
No. Just explain if ask
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 11:14am On Sep 11, 2012
austushi1:

u mean no solution?
yep. Or pray God direct you to were you will find it. Good luck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 11:54am On Sep 11, 2012
coax: Guys,
I have a special situation.
I've done my master and bachelor in engineering, and had worked in related field for 1.5 years. But since last Oct, I'm working in a totally different field, which is retail!
My wife also has done her masters and is working in a related field, but I'm the winner not her!
So just wondering if it has adverse effect on my interview?

Cheers all.

The minimum qualification is high school so you are over qualified. If you think going the employment based way will complicate matters just go the educational way to avoid all hustle. In any case you high school completion is a must so just go with education.

In the interview you will be asked what you have been doing since leaving school in which case you will have the opportunity to tout your working experience.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by busayodot: 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
@temmytanny, so good to hear from you. Remember I earlier talked about the validity of your medicals, I think you should find out more about it because without you medical aid, it gets expensive and it may not be easy on your purse. I had to wait till I got the SSN and Green cards for my Niece and Nephew before taking them for school medicals so as to pay very small. I just got them registered on medic aid because I have some things I want to check up at the clinic. I really hope you don't do it at the premium. Pele hope the weather is not too hot, LOL. I hope the processing of your SSN and Green card is not delayed by this.

@Ifeayin.abdul, I track prices on bt-store.com but calls my agent when purchasing not to be swindled or too much. I would not vouch for any agent, sorry. Let me know if I can help with any other.

Regards
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
Gentiger:

Is there any specific reason for this?

The General holidays were no taking into consideration when scheduling interview, that is just the reason:
Oct 8th Columbus day
Nov 6th Election day
November 12th Veteran day
November 24th Thanksgiving
December 25th xmas
December 26th boxing day
Jan 1st new year
Jan 21st martin Luther Day
If your interview falls on any of this date you may receive a call for rescheduling
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
busayodot: @temmytanny, so good to hear from you. Remember I earlier talked about the validity of your medicals, I think you should find out more about it because without you medical aid, it gets expensive and it may not be easy on your purse. I had to wait till I got the SSN and Green cards for my Niece and Nephew before taking them for school medicals so as to pay very small. I just got them registered on medic aid because I have some things I want to check up at the clinic. I really hope you don't do it at the premium. Pele hope the weather is not too hot, LOL. I hope the processing of your SSN and Green card is not delayed by this.

@Ifeayin.abdul, I track prices on bt-store.com but calls my agent when purchasing not to be swindled or too much. I would not vouch for any agent, sorry. Let me know if I can help with any other.

Regards
thanks busayodot, can i proceed with my SSN and medic aid witout use of my passport? I was given a form like card to use as identification pending when i get my passport but i dont know if they would accpet this for my SSN and co.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
temmytanny:
thanks busayodot, can i proceed with my SSN and medic aid witout use of my passport? I was given a form like card to use as identification pending when i get my passport but i dont know if they would accpet this for my SSN and co.

Try that first.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mascotinme(m): 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
Pls
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
brightmon:
lol, c who dey ask 4 ans, u?

oga wetin you mean na? wetin i nor know make i nor ask? lol
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
mascotinme: Pls and pls, let somebody help me out of this! When am I going to be interviewed? My CN is 2013AF00011***....pls I need a urgent reply...

maybe nxt month's visa bulletin mite be 11,500, for current numbers in nigeria.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
Tiwanna:

oga wetin you mean na? wetin i nor know make i nor ask? lol
lol, ok na, sidon dey wait for ans.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
brightmon:
lol, ok na, sidon dey wait for ans.

tell me na? make me sef know the ans.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mascotinme(m): 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2012
Tiwanna:

maybe nxt month's visa bulletin mite be 11,500, for current numbers in nigeria.

Pls tell me more, are u saying I might have my interview by next month?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lateefdauda(m): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2012
Guys pls ve nt receive d 2NL.my CN is 2***
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
mascotinme:

Pls tell me more, are u saying I might have my interview by next month?

I NOTICED THAT THEY ADDED 3000 TO THIS MONTHS VISA BULLETIN FOR NIGERIAN(B4 5500, NOW 8500) SO I JUST ADDED ANOTHER 3000 FOR NEXT MONTHS OWN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
lateefdauda: Guys pls ve nt receive d 2NL.my CN is 2***
When did u sent ur forms to kcc & did u filled it very well.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
Tiwanna:

I NOTICED THAT THEY ADDED 3000 TO THIS MONTHS VISA BULLETIN FOR NIGERIAN(B4 5500, NOW 8500) SO I JUST ADDED ANOTHER 3000 FOR NEXT MONTHS OWN.
lol, ok. So if i add 3000, what will it add up to? Ans na?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2012
Bussyme: When did u sent ur forms to kcc & did u filled it very well.
or when did he send his form to KCC?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by busayodot: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
[quote atemmytanny]
thanks busayodot, can i proceed with my SSN and medic aid witout use of my passport? I was given a form like card to use as identification pending when i get my passport but i dont know if they would accpet this for my SSN and co.[/quote]

Ok, but you executed every document you were meant to at the port of entry? I think your SSN would come still except they did not process it at the port of entry. It shouldn't take long before the mail comes to you
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2012
busayodot:

Ok, but you executed every document you were meant to at the port of entry? I think your SSN would come still except they did not process it at the port of entry. It shouldn't take long before the mail comes to you

They dont process SSC from poe,they only process green card, he needs to go to homeland security with mean of identification and residency for social security card.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by soye35: 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2012
Pls can how true is it that american embassy doesnt accept neco result for the Dv applicants.can anyone confirm pls and update me!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by soye35: 11:43pm On Sep 11, 2012
Pls guys how true is it that american embassy doesnt accept neco result for the Dv applicants.can anyone confirm pls and update me!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 12:05am On Sep 12, 2012
soye35: Pls guys how true is it that american embassy doesnt accept neco result for the Dv applicants.can anyone confirm pls and update me!!
read frm page 1 to 60 at DV2012 winners,u will see how pple used NECO at embassy. Its accepted.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gebr: 7:53am On Sep 12, 2012
Hello people, I have some confusion- is form DS-122 sent signed? Some say yes and some no. Please answer
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:42am On Sep 12, 2012
gebr: Hello people, I have some confusion- is form DS-122 sent signed? Some say yes and some no. Please answer
Relax my guy u re vry right d only page u re nt allowd to sign is form ds 230,page 4 of 4.good luck

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by busayodot: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

They dont process SSC from poe,they only process green card, he needs to go to homeland security with mean of identification and residency for social security card.
yes you are right, thanks for the correction. I guess he could do that with the card he was given for identification, I really hope for an easy way out for him.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by talatutalatu: 10:08am On Sep 12, 2012
Does anyone know why some people 2nd notification letters are delayed??
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 10:16am On Sep 12, 2012
Hello Guys am posting this just to encourage us in this forum i copied it from dv2012.We should all believe and trust in God. for u to ve emerge as a winner in dv2013 God knws about it if this Elderly woman who could not even speak ENGLISH could be given VISA i believe it is her tym and WHAT WILL BE WILL BE No Consular can stop you if GOD says its ur tym.please read
(from Ashes 0725) one interesting episode, i saw yesterday: an elderly woman who couldn't even speak English got the visa, the White CO at window 14 used an interpreter to communicate with her.she was soo excited when the guy announced that she'd gotten the visa, and was busy thanking everyone in yoruba.
Pls also note: you wont be allowed to take your phones inside the building, so you might as well drop it at home before you come or be prepared to pay a policeman to hold it for you outside.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jay92: 10:39am On Sep 12, 2012
talatu.talatu:
Does anyone know why some people 2nd notification letters are delayed??

i also ve the same problem.case number is 2***.dont noe d reason
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 10:54am On Sep 12, 2012
soye35: Pls guys how true is it that american embassy doesnt accept neco result for the Dv applicants.can anyone confirm pls and update me!!
NECO certificates are accepted anywhere in the world including the US embassy.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 11:04am On Sep 12, 2012
gebr: Hello people, I have some confusion- is form DS-122 sent signed? Some say yes and some no. Please answer
You can sign the DS-122 form. But you are not to sign on page 4 (part II) of the DSP-230 form.
That you sign at the embassy during interview in front of the CO.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (869) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.