Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,185 members, 7,960,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 08:03 AM

Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. - Educational Services (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. (64514 Views)

Jamb Computer Based Test To Hold May 18th To June 1st, Result Checking Site Down / A New Scholarship Opportunity For Nigerian Students / Study Abroad Free. Full Scholarship Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 4:19am On Sep 22, 2012
perfildeluna: Hi all! I am from Spain and I really found this forum interesting. Thanks Joaquin for all your help! It is amazing! @Nacida asked the two questions I also had, in fact, I agree with him/her: you know much more than the embassy!
About the rejection... I read in the contract (since I just signed it yesterday) that you must refound the 60% of the scholarship if: 1) they discover falsification and they decide to revoke the scholarship, or 2) you stay in Turkey after you finish your studies. But there wasn´t anything about "voluntary rejection" so I really don´t know.

Then, do you know when are we supposed to be there? Are there fixed dates for the beginning of the turkish courses?

AND last question, I couldn´t find in any post (I read all of them smiley): Can we go out the country when we want and stay (for example) 1 month in Spain (with the permission of the teachers, of course)? Do we have freedom to go out and get in?

Thanks! Really, you make a big effort to help all the confused people!

I would just go ahead and say that a lot of thought and processes has been added to you guys' coming this year. I cannot say anything further on this 'contract' as it was not available during my time and neither have i read yours to explain anything. I am not saying we are all different, it is possible ours too has been modified to include all these rules. Either ways, it is best I do not answer these questions anymore since this is all new to me in order not to give anyone any wrong information.
I don't know the date of when you are supposed to be here nor when the language course begins, sorry. You can go out when u want so far it is for a valid reason and you inform the respective authority. You would be given a residence permit (known as ikamet in Turkish) when u arrive after you have applied for it of course, so u are free to go and come into the country as u please so far the date of your return does not exceed the expiry date on your residence permit. Usually a residence permit is given for one year or the length of your language/school course which has to be continually renewed when it expires(the cost is covered by the Turkish scholarship body). You really need not worry about these details for now, you would know all when u eventually get here. Cheers!
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 4:27am On Sep 22, 2012
blesh_zie: Thanks a whole lot Joacquin for the pain u'v taken in given answers to questions from forum members. Please,I want a clarification on the language course.Are we to take the language courses in our respective universities or at the TOMER centre in Ankara cos I heard some schools don't av this course centre.And please,kindly advice on necessary things to come along with to Turkey to ease living.What's also the weather condition over there? Please,really anticipating urr prompt response cos u'v never given a reply to al my enquiries.

Firstly, I have to the best of my ability tried to provide a response to every individual question. Sorry if i did not respond to yours earlier. Secondly, you would take the language courses at the TOMER centres of particular universities such as Ankara or Gazi University or at centers in Istanbul, Izmir and one or two other Turkish provinces. It is not done in every university. I cannot know where you would likely be sent, i guess they should or would have informed you about that already.
Summer is most definitely over, winter draws nigh. The nights especially, are getting chilly. Then, it gets really cold in mid-late October, November and December and by January to about March or April, comes the very snowy days. Sometimes it gets really bad depending on where you are located. Ankara(to the best of my knowledge) gets one of the worst snowfalls. Istanbul is not so bad. There are parts of Turkey such as Antalya that it is still like summer all year round though I doubt anyone gets sent there for university studies. Lots of tourists go there. As for the 'necessary things to come along with to Turkey to ease living' conditions like you asked for, please you would need to go through one of my earlier posts as this question has been asked many times already. Good Luck.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 7:42am On Sep 23, 2012
The deadline for accepting this years scholarship is over. Now we are expecting emails with further instructions.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by bleshzie: 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2012
@Joacquin,please I'v checked ur old posts and didn't see anything that relates to things one could bring along to Turkey to ease living.Please,help me on this info so as to aid my preparation.Thanks for all
joaquin64:

Firstly, I have to the best of my ability tried to provide a response to every individual question. Sorry if i did not respond to yours earlier. Secondly, you would take the language courses at the TOMER centres of particular universities such as Ankara or Gazi University or at centers in Istanbul, Izmir and one or two other Turkish provinces. It is not done in every university. I cannot know where you would likely be sent, i guess they should or would have informed you about that already.
Summer is most definitely over, winter draws nigh. The nights especially, are getting chilly. Then, it gets really cold in mid-late October, November and December and by January to about March or April, comes the very snowy days. Sometimes it gets really bad depending on where you are located. Ankara(to the best of my knowledge) gets one of the worst snowfalls. Istanbul is not so bad. There are parts of Turkey such as Antalya that it is still like summer all year round though I doubt anyone gets sent there for university studies. Lots of tourists go there. As for the 'necessary things to come along with to Turkey to ease living' conditions like you asked for, please you would need to go through one of my earlier posts as this question has been asked many times already. Good Luck.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Henken: 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2012
@ osram and all,did u people see any undergraduate dat was accepted from nigeria
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by osram(m): 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2012
Henken: @ osram and all,did u people see any undergraduate dat was accepted from nigeria
avent seen any bro...
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Henken: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2012
@ osram did u knw d reason y dey did not accept
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Veneka: 2:59am On Sep 24, 2012
ahamdiheme:

Exactly, I think TUBITAK pays 1800 TL at the moment and it is for a maximum period of five years. Most professors will want to match that amount anyway...Pursuing both will not hurt

Hey Ahamdiheme,

Hope you are doing great. I am currently researching universities that I can apply to like we discussed, but I am constantly coming up on the GMAT/GRE requirement on their websites. Did you have to deal with that? I am wondering if it is a requirement that can be waived based on a great CGPA, or was it different for you because you are in the Engineering department? (I am looking to apply for a doctorate in business). If it can be waived, could you please tell me how to go about getting it waived by the schools.

Thank you very much.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by ahamdiheme: 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2012
Veneka:

Hey Ahamdiheme,

Hope you are doing great. I am currently researching universities that I can apply to like we discussed, but I am constantly coming up on the GMAT/GRE requirement on their websites. Did you have to deal with that? I am wondering if it is a requirement that can be waived based on a great CGPA, or was it different for you because you are in the Engineering department? (I am looking to apply for a doctorate in business). If it can be waived, could you please tell me how to go about getting it waived by the schools.

Thank you very much.

Hi Veneka,

I'm doing well. Quick question, are you checking out the faculty members' web pages/ sending them emails to find out if they have any funded research projects? If you are not, I strongly recommend that you do that (a lot of work I know).
I would say just go ahead and apply even if they ask for GRE/GMAT, like I said earlier if it isn't one of the top schools (METU, Boğaziçi, Bilkent and the likes), they will at least take a look at your documents. Some schools wave GRE but for some reason do not state it. You can find out by calling or I can help you find out if you tell me what school you are applying to.
Please send emails to some of the professors and try to convince them that you are good and you will be useful to them, almost like a job application. State that you are keen on research and highly interested in their line of research (you know this from their published work). The truth is if that professor wants you, your admission to the Uni will just be a matter of paper work.

Good luck smiley
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Veneka: 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2012
ahamdiheme:

Hi Veneka,

I'm doing well. Quick question, are you checking out the faculty members' web pages/ sending them emails to find out if they have any funded research projects? If you are not, I strongly recommend that you do that (a lot of work I know).
I would say just go ahead and apply even if they ask for GRE/GMAT, like I said earlier if it isn't one of the top schools (METU, Boğaziçi, Bilkent and the likes), they will at least take a look at your documents. Some schools wave GRE but for some reason do not state it. You can find out by calling or I can help you find out if you tell me what school you are applying to.
Please send emails to some of the professors and try to convince them that you are good and you will be useful to them, almost like a job application. State that you are keen on research and highly interested in their line of research (you know this from their published work). The truth is if that professor wants you, your admission to the Uni will just be a matter of paper work.

Good luck smiley

Thanks a lot for the tips. Very helpful. The problem is that I can't find lots of information on the school websites about the faculty members; their projects, areas of expertise etc, or maybe I am looking the wrong way. I am interested in the following schools:

1. Bahçeşehir University
2. Fatih University
3. Işık University
4. Istanbul Aydın University
5. Yeditepe University
6. Izmir University of Economics

Do you know anything about these schools? Please do share whatever information you may have on them. I don't intend to apply to all of them, I would like to apply to the ones that would be more inclined to waive the GRE/GMAT requirement. If you could please help me find out about that, I would be very grateful. Also maybe if you look at the Institute of Social Sciences section of their websites, you could give me some advice on how to find out about the faculty members and their work. I do not have any issue contacting the professors once I am able to (don't mind putting in the work).

Thanks a lot for all your help. Really appreciate it.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by wunnam: 9:56am On Sep 25, 2012
could anyone assist with Ankara city map and the metro map in pdf.thanks
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by ahamdiheme: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
Veneka:

Thanks a lot for the tips. Very helpful. The problem is that I can't find lots of information on the school websites about the faculty members; their projects, areas of expertise etc, or maybe I am looking the wrong way. I am interested in the following schools:

1. Bahçeşehir University
2. Fatih University
3. Işık University
4. Istanbul Aydın University
5. Yeditepe University
6. Izmir University of Economics

Do you know anything about these schools? Please do share whatever information you may have on them. I don't intend to apply to all of them, I would like to apply to the ones that would be more inclined to waive the GRE/GMAT requirement. If you could please help me find out about that, I would be very grateful. Also maybe if you look at the Institute of Social Sciences section of their websites, you could give me some advice on how to find out about the faculty members and their work. I do not have any issue contacting the professors once I am able to (don't mind putting in the work).

Thanks a lot for all your help. Really appreciate it.

As per the schools that have online applications, just go ahead and apply. Here are links to the list of academic staff of the universities and the faculty in question:

1. Istanbul Aydın University: http://www.ebs.aydin.edu.tr/index.iau?Page=BolumGenelBilgiler&BK=163
2. Bahcesehir University: http://bahcesehir.edu.tr/kadro/social_sciences/academic_staff
(Prof. Ekrem TATOĞLU might be a good target, his CV: http://content.bahcesehir.edu.tr/personel/361_en.zip)

Admissions are open twice a year, in Spring and Fall.
I will provide more info later, sorry for the half response.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 10:28am On Sep 28, 2012
anybody who got scholarship this year?

Any info about air ticket, accomodation and date of reaching Turkey?
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by perfildeluna: 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
If you look for some groups in Facebook you will find a lot of people talking about this: Turkish Scholarships... and Turkiye Burslari...

They are saying that they have just received a mail with the dates of the flight (Turkish Airlines), so they are buying the tickets and they are between 1st and 6th October... I didn´t receive any mail yet (I am from Spain) and my embassy told me that I have to buy the ticket and then they will refund it... But i think that they don´t have much information...

About the other questions, no idea... Sorry!

1 Like

Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by AlphaCentaur: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2012
thanks..

perfildeluna: If you look for some groups in Facebook you will find a lot of people talking about this: Turkish Scholarships... and Turkiye Burslari...

They are saying that they have just received a mail with the dates of the flight (Turkish Airlines), so they are buying the tickets and they are between 1st and 6th October... I didn´t receive any mail yet (I am from Spain) and my embassy told me that I have to buy the ticket and then they will refund it... But i think that they don´t have much information...

About the other questions, no idea... Sorry!
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 30, 2012
KAYZZZZZZZ: http://www.oyostatescholarship.org/
How to Apply To apply for the 2012/2013 scholarship scheme, please follow the instructions below 1) Applicants must deposit as registration fee for the Oyo State Scholarship Scheme the sum of: (i) N2,000 (Two Thousand Naira Only) for secondary school applicants. (ii) N3,000 (Three Thousand Naira Only) for tertiary institution applicants. 2) Registration fee must be paid into the following account: Bank: Guaranty Trust Bank Account Name: Meridian/Oyo State Scholarship Account Number: 238/239226/111 3) After payment of the registration fee has been made, applicants must fill the online registration form which must also include details of their deposit slip number. 4) We urge applicants to print a copy of the online application form after clicking on Submit Registration. 5) Entry deadline is 30th of November 2012 6) Scholarships will be awarded to successful candidates based on merit after the completion of a screening exercise which will be communicated to all applicants in due course.
Me no fit transact business with State govt ooo.... And why should applicant be made to pay? It should be free & those qualified should be short listed, that's why it's called a Scholarship
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by eduson002(m): 11:36am On Sep 30, 2012
ogbeche77:
How to Apply To apply for the 2012/2013 scholarship scheme, please follow the instructions below 1) Applicants must deposit as registration fee for the Oyo State Scholarship Scheme the sum of: (i) N2,000 (Two Thousand Naira Only) for secondary school applicants. (ii) N3,000 (Three Thousand Naira Only) for tertiary institution applicants. 2) Registration fee must be paid into the following account: Bank: Guaranty Trust Bank Account Name: Meridian/Oyo State Scholarship Account Number: 238/239226/111 3) After payment of the registration fee has been made, applicants must fill the online registration form which must also include details of their deposit slip number. 4) We urge applicants to print a copy of the online application form after clicking on Submit Registration. 5) Entry deadline is 30th of November 2012 6) Scholarships will be awarded to successful candidates based on merit after the completion of a screening exercise which will be communicated to all applicants in due course.
Me no fit transact business with State govt ooo.... And why should applicant be made to pay? It should be free & those qualified should be short listed, that's why it's called a Scholarship
Oyo state na thieve!
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Xeeemii(f): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
And for some1 who want to study medicine is he goin to go for the undergraduate scholarship as well
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by crixix: 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2012
They sent me to Bursa to take turkish course, does anybody have the same city? Please give me some information about this city (nightlife, erasmus students, etc...) since I am deeply thinking about cancelling this scholarship. Thank you!
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Fatone91: 8:43am On Oct 03, 2012
is there anyone on this Forum who is being sent to Trabzon?
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Henken: 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2012
@ Fatone91 are u an undergraduate?
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by OmichaelO: 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
AlphaCentaur:

But I am sure if more students try, some will definitely be successful..
Thanks for the heads up!! @edun why weren't they awarded(undergraduate scholarship)..i mean Nigerians??
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Fatone91: 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2012
@Henken, yes I'm an undergraduate
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Henken: 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
@ Fatone91 which country are u from and your department?
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Fatone91: 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
@Henken, I'm in faculty of architecture. Frm Malawi
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Husnaink14: 11:48am On Oct 16, 2012
i want to ask that can u tell me when my classes will start....i cant get information directly from university ..can u do it for me....i have got addmission in hacettepe university in the department of nuclear engineering at undergraduate level...im from pakistan....i'll be really thankful to you...plzzz
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by joaquin64(m): 3:18am On Oct 17, 2012
For those of you in Turkey already and need help on any issue, join this official group on facebook and ask your questions. http://www./271593096252750/ It doesn't matter if you do it in english, one of your colleagues would respond in english too. Cheers.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by corrine123: 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2012
Hi, i don't know if there's still someone here, i was wondering what is the amount of the scholarship.
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by chuquiz(m): 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2012
corrine123: Hi, i don't know if there's still someone here, i was wondering what is the amount of the scholarship.
completely free, Corrinee, but you have to check their website regularly to know
when they open applications,most likely from May/june 2013
where you from?
Re: Great And Full Scholarship Opportunity In Turkey. Application Deadline June 1st. by Johnnyemy: 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
Please is there any school that can offer postgraduate masters scholarship in Animal science?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Studying In US And Canada Faq's / STUDY IN REPUBLIC OF BENIN,COTONOU 2016/2017 ENROLLMENT / Secrets Of Smashing JAMB With High Scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.