Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,024 members, 7,963,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 10:04 AM

North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . (2155 Views)

Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / Breaking News: APC Recruits Obasanjo As 'Navigator'!!! / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Gbawe: 4:17pm On May 08, 2012
http://www.nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4163:north-recruits-obasanjo-to-stop-jonathan&catid=310:current-edition&Itemid=542

North recruits Obasanjo to stop Jonathan

Monday, 07 May 2012 10:42
DANLADI BATURE

Perfects plan to select replacement

AS part of its desperate strategy towards capturing the presidency in 2015, the northern political mafia has allegedly recruited former President Olusegun Obasanjo to assist them in achieving their herculean objectives.

National Daily impeccable sources disclosed that Obasanjo finally succumbed to the pressure to work for a northern candidate in 2015 presidential election after a nocturnal meeting with some delegates from the North who recently met with him to discuss the project.
The conservative North has made it emphatically clear that the region is not willing to compromise being given the chance to produce President Goodluck Jonathan's successor in the next presidential election.
From the fore-boarding, indications have emerged that the relationship between President Jonathan and former President Obasanjo might have suffered a crack because of recent political differences and living up to his vengeful character, Obasanjo has accepted the carrot dangled by northern power brokers and has been allegedly strategizing on how to pull down Jonathan.

The North
Northern political mafia which includes former President Ibrahim Babangida, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, former Federal Minister of Finance, Adamu Ciroma, and Junaid Mohammed have been sorting out their political differences with a view to forging a common front in order to move the northern region forward. “They have held several meetings in Kaduna, Abuja and IBB's Hill Top residence in Minna, Niger State, in recent times. The group at one of their meetings reviewed the political history of the North and conceded that northern leaders have been insensitive to the fundamental needs of their people and seriously desired a change to make amends. They were said to have decried the deplorable state of northern infrastructure, its decaying institution and deplorable education system.

The northern political mafia welcomed President Jonathan's plan to offer education to the Almajiris, but expressed fears that Jonathan may utilize that achievement to get votes from the core north in 2015 presidential election.

The Arewa Political Leaders allegedly reviewed the general performance of President Jonathan so far and were said to have given him average marks. “They observed that only the middle belt political zone seem to have benefitted immensely from federal projects and lamented the alleged neglect of North-West despite that the zone produced the Vice President,” according to our source who added: “It was also observed that the South-South and South-East region has also benefitted so much from the Jonathan administration and urged the need for political intervention in order to correct the so called imbalance.

National Daily competent sources also disclosed that the group was disenchanted with the performance of some northern political appointees in federal and state appointment. “They allegedly criticized the performance of our governors in the far north and three ministers whom the group said are disappointment to the north,” our source said adding: “It was decided that efforts should be made to ensure that the public officers affected vacate office.”

The influential leaders from the north allegedly condemned the new PDP chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, for accepting to become a tool in 2015 political chessboard. “The most visibly angry was Atiku who like Tukur comes from the North-East. It was obvious that Atiku perceives Tukur as an obstacle to his emergence as PDP presidential flagbearer in 2015,” our source said.

The group in its final analysis concluded that President Jonathan have made up his mind to seek for re-election in 2015 and should he concede to a candidate from the north he will prefer his Deputy, Alhaji Namadi Sambo, who it appears he chose as Vice President with a plan to help him become his successor in 2015.

Master plan
“The IBB/Atiku group has begun to map out ideas on how to realize a northern President in 2015. They have identified some northerners with potentials to become presidential candidates; two of them are those serving in Jonathan's administration. They plan to call expanded meeting of northern stakeholders including all the governors from the north. They will be given a tall order at the meeting and if any of them fell to comply with the order they stand the risk of being sanctioned. There are also plans to mobilize the northern youths through sensitization and through measures to ameliorate their poor economic condition. A contact and mobilization committee has been constituted by the mafia group to woe the South-West and South-East zone,” our source said.

It was further gathered that the group chose to identify with a northern leader with extensive political influence across the country to act as its political anchor man. A candidate who is not from the north was identified, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. It was agreed that a delegation of influential northerners be sent to him in no distance time with the fundamental argument that he now has an opportunity to correct the mistake of not allowing a northerner to complete late Umaru Yar'Adua's eight year tenure which was abridged by his sudden death in office. His preferred choice, President Goodluck Jonathan, would have had five years in office in 2015; he should endear himself to the north again by working for a northern candidate to succeed Jonathan in 2015.

The delegates, according to our sources, met with Obasanjo who initially asked for time to think about the idea after he had made the point that it is still too early to talk about 2015 elections. After all, Jonathan has barely spent a year in his own presidency.

At another meeting the delegation from the north tacitly explained to Obasanjo that preparation for the next elections begins immediately after the extant one is completed.

“It seems Obasanjo has fallen for the northern bait. His resignation as PDP Board of Trustees Chairman as soon as Tukur was elected is very suspicious. Although, he was nearing the end of his tenure and may have perceived that PDP stakeholders will kick him out. His relationship with President Jonathan recently has not been very cordial owing to Obasanjo's meddlesomeness and vindictive nature. Our thinking is that Obasanjo's decision to detach himself from the BOT is to enable him play his card on the issue of who becomes PDP's presidential candidate in 2015,” our source said.

Jonathan camp
However, Jonathan's presidential Political Advisers are not losing sleep over obasanjo's newest political drift which they said is good radiance to bad rubbish. The president's think tank has known ahead of time where Obasanjo's future political ship is sailing towards. He is now a man who has lost his relevance and is desperately seeking to get it back. “But we are sure that he will fail because Jonathan is acceptable to all Nigerians because of his visible performance since he was sworn into office. At the end, the north will regret ever recruiting Obasanjo who is very much disliked across the country even in his own South-West region. Obasanjo's relevance in 1999 stems from the fact of his unjust imprisonment but he has since lost that sympathy because of his dictatorial attitude as President and later as PDP BOT chairman,” an angry politician close to Jonathan said, adding: “Obasanjo cannot walk freely in any of the South-West states including his immediate communities in Sango-Ota and Abeokuta. You know the Igbos don't like him at all. So, is he going to influence who to vote for a northern presidential candidate in 2015?

Obasanjo has been making desperate efforts to build a strong political structure in the South-West as a strategy to remain relevant. For over eight years he was the deciding authority of a major political event among PDP members in the zone. It is he also who eventually gave nod to any South-West PDP members who aspired to occupy a top national position. During the 2003 governorship election, Obasanjo was able to use the power of incumbency to install PDP governors in all the South-West States except Lagos where Bola Ahmed Tinubu of the then Action Congress resisted Obasanjo's foul tactic. Obasanjo continued to ride rough shod on the PDP members in the South-West until the expiration of his presidency and following his lost of substantial political influence even before his purported resignation as PDP BOT chairman. First, his associate, Bode George, was jailed for corruption. He lost his wish to install a House of Representatives Speaker from the South-West. Recently most of his preferred choice for PDP national top position lost except Segun Oni who emerged National Vice Chairman, South-West.

It appears Obasanjo is merely deceiving himself as being the new bride of Nigeria politics.
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by hakanai(m): 4:39pm On May 08, 2012
crap and someones imagination/political manipulation to drive multiple wage against the political elite.Anyway wetin concern man pikin.Abegi we need Light and security.Enough of the political wahalah!
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 08, 2012
Classic junk... cheesy. Gbawe, do you believe this article for real?
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On May 08, 2012
ilugunboy: Classic junk... cheesy. Gbawe, do you believe this article for real?

I concur!!! This is news tailor-made for the gullible, and delusional, out there!
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by hakanai(m): 4:59pm On May 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I concur!!! This is news tailor-made for the gullible, and delusional, out there!

^^^^ couldn't agree more cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Onlytruth(m): 5:02pm On May 08, 2012
I knew that OBJs willing departure as PDP Board of trustees chairman must be for a very important SELF SERVING reason!
I knew it.
Well, at least GEJ will have Ekpeyong (current DG of SSS and future NSA) to checkmate OBJ and his Northern allies.
I read the tea leaves a lot.
Recent Ezeife's statement that Igbo must produce the next president(after GEJ) is also indicative of how the future politics of Nigeria will be played. These are very interesting times. GEJ should focus on getting Northern Christian support as well as Igbo support, HE WILL WIN AGAIN. cool
Now, let the games begin. cool cool
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Gbawe: 5:02pm On May 08, 2012

No, not really. Comical actually and as Haka Nai said, it is most likely the work of an active imagination. Nonetheless still worth putting out there because of the OBJ factor grin grin grin

I personally think OBJ's influence has waned considerably. We have to remember that he lost the SW to the ACN and is now only boss to failed Politicians like Oni, Oyinlola, Omisore et al who are as disliked as he is in the SW.

Also, the North is unlikely to ever trust OBJ again given that he wrong-footed them with GEJ after enjoying 8 years on behalf of the SW as per the 'arrangement'.

1 Like

Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by hakanai(m): 5:58pm On May 08, 2012
Gbawe:

No, not really. Comical actually and as Haka Nai said, it is most likely the work of an active imagination. Nonetheless still worth putting out there because of the OBJ factor grin grin grin

I personally think OBJ's influence has waned considerably. We have to remember that he lost the SW to the ACN and is now only boss to failed Politicians like Oni, Oyinlola, Omisore et al who are as disliked as he is in the SW.

Also, the North is unlikely to ever trust OBJ again given that he wrong-footed them with GEJ after enjoying 8 years on behalf of the SW as per the 'arrangement'.

^^^ That is why i feel the poly is more of a stunt to even further alienate the political players and OBJ who seems to be going rogue.If you ask me,the content of this is more discrediting.For some elements in certain areas,particularly southern.I see Nigerian Politicians from the GEJ camp trying to lump up political king makers and disgracing them as scape goats to win another cheap favor and as usual ride on the sentiments destroying the nation.
While The same crooks try to market themselves as clean and new,they will associate,suggest and direct public distrust and failures to former key elements of the PDP who may not want to support a person like GEJ again.I also see likely incrimination of elements too.Before now OBJ used a stylish anti-corruption crusade to hold victimize. While this GEJ peeps will deploy both corruption evidence and linking of elements to Boko-haram.To black mail,tune public sentiments etc
I just hope when they are done,a build up hate and an expanding divide to allow one party and one man to continue to rule does not destroy a nation. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by otokx(m): 6:41pm On May 08, 2012
What achievement have JONATHAN done in the south south? that some in the North West would say they are marginalized. Work on the east west road is going at a snail speed if not altogether abandoned as we speak so what are these guys saying?
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by OAM4J: 8:14pm On May 08, 2012
Onlytruth: I knew that OBJs willing departure as PDP Board of trustees chairman must be for a very important SELF SERVING reason!
I knew it.
Well, at least GEJ will have Ekpeyong (current DG of SSS and future NSA) to checkmate OBJ and his Northern allies.
I read the tea leaves a lot.
Recent Ezeife's statement that Igbo must produce the next president(after GEJ) is also indicative of how the future politics of Nigeria will be played. These are very interesting times. GEJ should focus on getting Northern Christian support as well as Igbo support, HE WILL WIN AGAIN. cool
Now, let the games begin. cool cool

Err... If OBJ has any hidden agenda, do you think that agenda will be better served as nobody in PDP or as chairman PDP BOT?
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by PointB: 10:23pm On May 08, 2012
Obj is a now a failed politician! I'll more likely shiver at the sight of a dead dog than Obj who was pelted with satchet water in the East, who avoids road journey in the West, and has no friend in the North!

His political worth is in the negative. No one but desperadoes will have anything to do with this deadweight!
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Beaf: 10:30pm On May 08, 2012
Gbawe:

So why did you post it? Are you a comedian? shocked

1 Like

Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Gbawe2: 12:24am On May 09, 2012
Beaf:

So why did you post it? Are you a comedian? shocked

Dude, how many times will I tell you to stop following me around? Please focus on the groupies here licking your azz, while you lick that of PDP bigwigs, instead of trying to harrass those not interested in your perversion. Abeg, I am not into men like you. Aregbesola will soon take out a restraining order against you. Many have noticed you are the perv with a b.o.n.er at every public function Aregbe attends.
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Beaf: 12:40am On May 09, 2012
Gbawe.:

Dude, how many times will I tell you to stop following me around? Please focus on the groupies here licking your azz, while you lick that of PDP bigwigs, instead of trying to harrass those not interested in your perversion. Abeg, I am not into men like you.

I simply asked if you were a comedian for posting a thread you yourself admit was so foolishly constructed as to constitute comedy.
Isn't it comedians that propagate comedy?

Bros, why are you so annggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy like dis na?

Are you a comedian? Simple question. cool

1 Like

Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Onlytruth(m): 5:43am On May 09, 2012
OAM4J:

Err... If OBJ has any hidden agenda, do you think that agenda will be better served as nobody in PDP or as chairman PDP BOT?

lol, I hope you are not serious about the bolded. undecided
OBJ a nobody? That guy can never be a nobody even if dead and buried. cheesy Every OBJ's move is aimed toward feathering his own political nest. I won't be surprised if that guy is scheming to return to Aso rock! cheesy cheesy
The only way is to checkmate him, by blocking all his moves and countering with ones he cannot counter. cool
I hope GEJ knows how to do that, else he will be very sorry.
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Geomac: 8:42am On May 09, 2012
Onlytruth:

OBJ a nobody? That guy can never be a nobody even if dead and buried. cheesy Every OBJ's move is aimed toward feathering his own political nest. I won't be surprised if that guy is scheming to return to Aso rock! cheesy cheesy
The only way is to checkmate him, by blocking all his moves and countering with ones he cannot counter. cool

You are very correct
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by nagoma(m): 12:38pm On May 09, 2012
Speculations and outright falsehood. This is the kind of reporting that annoys.
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:54pm On May 09, 2012
My internet friends, remember the saying, 'old soldier never dies', please don't write off OBJ yet.
I think the old man still has some tricks up his sleeves , if he's still alive by 2015. Just watch this space.
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Johndoe100(m): 3:24pm On May 09, 2012
Another traitorus Yoruba man? Are they not all like this? Honestly I don't give this story much credibility,
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by OK2NV3: 3:38pm On May 09, 2012
They shuld rename this board to tribalism. No politics in nigeria without a heavy dose of tribalism
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Gbawe: 4:00pm On May 09, 2012
Onlytruth:

I agree with checkmating OBJ because when he is out of office or handing over to others he is only inetrested in 'dashing' Nigerians the worst looters and most mediocre administrators possible. A very dangerous, egotistical, vengeful and callous man.

Nonetheless, I don't want GEJ to be a beneficiary of OBJ's 'caging' either. Look closely and you will see that GEJ is fast morphing into OBJ/Anenih/IBB et al combined with his machinations. Everything OBJ did (rout Peter Obi undemocratically for his "son" Andy Ubah) GEJ is matching (Sylva ousted for Dickson). GEJ is only ever keen to learn and implement the retrogressive style of the 'old brigade'. It has been like that with him from day one when he ignored the many who marched for him to embrace the Danjumas and Anenihs of the world after being sworn in as substantive President. He is now also a dangerous and callous man like OBJ.

The middle ground would be for a coalition to throw up a decent and detribalised President who will be fair to all Nigerians and will not , attested to by his history, be a 'pal' or beneficiary of the AGIPs and most ruinous hands in the land.
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Onlytruth(m): 4:12pm On May 09, 2012
Gbawe:

I agree with checkmating OBJ because when he is out of office or handing over to others he is only inetrested in 'dashing' Nigerians the worst looters and most mediocre administrators possible. A very dangerous, egotistical, vengeful and callous man.

Nonetheless, I don't want GEJ to be a beneficiary of OBJ's 'caging' either. Look closely and you will see that GEJ is fast morphing into OBJ/Anenih/IBB et al combined with his machinations. Everything OBJ did (rout Peter Obi undemocratically for his "son" Andy Ubah) GEJ is matching (Sylva ousted for Dickson). GEJ is only ever keen to learn and implement the retrogressive style of the 'old brigade'. It has been like that with him from day one when he ignored the many who marched for him to embrace the Danjumas and Anenihs of the world after being sworn in as substantive President. He is now also a dangerous and callous man like OBJ.

The middle ground would be for a coalition to throw up a decent and detribalised President who will be fair to all Nigerians and will not , attested to by his history, be a 'pal' or beneficiary of the AGIPs and most ruinous hands in the land.

The bolded is part of the CORE reason why I hate PDP with a passion.
I'm only holding my nose to support Jonathan so far because I'm hoping he would do at least ONE THING different before the end of this year. He owes Nigeria a functioning constitution produced by the will of the Nigerian peoples.
If he fails to do that or initiate strong moves towards that, he will not retain my support going into 2015. No Nigerian should ever ally with those who make life miserable for Nigerians.

At state and local levels, I would never support PDP because it is a party of thieves! cool
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Nobody: 4:35am On May 10, 2012
Gbawe:

O-shiit
O-long shiit.
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Beaf: 5:13am On May 10, 2012
chima12: [size=14pt] O-shiit
O-long shiit.[/size]

Lolzzzzzz! grin
One day, una go take laf turn man to kres for dis NL o! grin grin grin
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 10, 2012
^^^^some of you need to be caged permanently away from saner minds, you abuse freedom of speech to the extreme...that said!

Gbawe:

Gbawe...as long as Nigeria still stands the way it is, without the required restructuring...those murderous gang you mentioned will still hold the ace.
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Gbawe: 12:47pm On May 10, 2012
ilugunboy: ^^^^some of you need to be caged permanently away from saner minds, you abuse freedom of speech to the extreme...that said!

Please ignore those fools. Let them keep trying to derail every single threads via running around childishly and displaying retarded bad belle without contributing to the subject matter. It just shows their immaturity, empty/purposeless lives and total obsession with following others round.

Gbawe...as long as Nigeria still stands the way it is, without the required restructuring...those murderous gang you mentioned will still hold the ace.

That is why I said:

We need a President who will shun partisan/sectional interests to do what is best for the majority. We can list 10 things a brave and sincere President, committed to what is best for the entire nation, can do that can transform Nigeria drastically within even a year.

1 Like

Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by Beaf: 12:48pm On May 10, 2012
[size=23pt]O-Power! O-15kw! O-Lies![/size] grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by PointB: 1:31pm On May 10, 2012
^^^
lwkmd grin grin grin
Re: North Recruits Obasanjo To Stop Jonathan . by aletheia(m): 1:42pm On May 10, 2012
Gbawe:
Look closely and you will see that GEJ is fast morphing into OBJ/Anenih/IBB et al combined with his machinations. Everything OBJ did (rout Peter Obi undemocratically for his "son" Andy Ubah) GEJ is matching (Sylva ousted for Dickson). GEJ is only ever keen to learn and implement the retrogressive style of the 'old brigade'. It has been like that with him from day one when he ignored the many who marched for him to embrace the Danjumas and Anenihs of the world after being sworn in as substantive President. He is now also a dangerous and callous man like OBJ.
^Really? "GEJ is fast morphing into OBJ/Anenih/IBB"? But I thought in January you said these "owners" of Nigeria were going to "remove" the president within 3 months. Now according to you, GEJ is now "morphing" into these "owners". How you clutch at straws. Your thought process is so transparent.

You posted the article from a dubious source without comment, seeking to paint a picture of a president whose allies are abandoning him. The first few comments showed that by and large posters were not fooled by the article describing it in clear terms as "crap", "junk" and "news tailor-made for the gullible, and delusional."

Stop trying to be clever by half: you were asked pointblank

To which you replied:
Gbawe:

O-really, so what was the point of posting an untrue article, a lie (or has it become a habit for you to seek to manipulate our perceptions by posting untrue articles?)...just because OBJ is mentioned?
Why didn't you make clear from the outset that you considered the article untrue. I believe you only adjusted your position when you saw that NL were not as gullible and excited as you initially were on seeing the article.

I used to respect your views but these days your unobjective rants are quite disgusting. You have fallen and mired yourself in the mud.

Gbawe:
Very funny. Not. Where will such a "decent and detribalised President" come from? From the tribal identity conscious ACN or APGA? From the dangerously religiously motivated CPC? From the politicians in ACN, APGA, CPC who all one way or the other are clones and associates of the ruling PDP?

Nigeria is for the present a de-facto one-party state when it comes to the Presidency. Learn to live with it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lates Naija Gist / ACN to Jonathan: Take governance seriously in 2013 / GEJ In Handshake With A Muslim Woman In Purdah (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.