Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,176 members, 7,960,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (633311 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
I just heard a rumour that ASUU strike starts today, can anyone pls confirm this?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
Richiez: I just heard a rumour that ASUU strike starts today, can anyone pls confirm this?
hmmmm! I heard d news on radio nigeria too
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Adonis4u: 2:40am On Jul 02, 2013
Wittywizard: Gud p.m...
Av told most of us that haven't checked his or her name to send it to my numbas... It should be now till 6pm or till monday... D security do remove d list @nite..... My cell phone is 07037169000...
Witty cares... U kan aswell add me on 2go wit dat numba...
Thanks

Hi Witty,

Am sorry to bother you but I would really need your help for something. I had sent you a PM

I may as well call your mobile.

Thanks
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dfinex1: 6:25am On Jul 02, 2013
They is stil 2 list cumin out soon,bt its 4 dos dt runs it,and also d admtn calld hand 2 hand own is also there,so dt uniabj 4u,nd 4dos dt pt in unabj 2013/14,go nd b wrk in order 2 gather moni,bcus uniabj is nt by merit bt runs,xcept u are given admtn tru jamb,so success in advance frnds
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dfinex1: 6:32am On Jul 02, 2013
They is stil 2 list cumin out soon,bt its 4 dos dt knw their way,and also d admtn calld hand 2 hand own is also there,so dt uniabj 4u,nd 4dos dt pt in unabj 2013/14,go nd b wrk in order 2 gather moni,bcus uniabj is nt by merit bt runs,xcept u are given admtn tru jamb,so success in advance frnds
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 02, 2013
I also heard anoda list iz kumin owt,but it‘z d v.c‘s list....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bsquare18(f): 7:17am On Jul 02, 2013
Pls is this news abt ASUU strike real? Abegg oo i dnt pray 4any form of strike nw o
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Lanreak(m): 8:57am On Jul 02, 2013
[quote author=bsquare18]yeah d news x on point its real!!! Jus dat its indefinite strike in nature it wil nt longlast.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
smiley
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 3:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
Update from uniabuja campus: most lecturers are adhering to the strike while a few others has vowed not to participate. As it stands now, uniabuja ASUU chapter is divided
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by DPGzz(m): 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr presido...abeg u fit drop me ur numba?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by gameplan1(m): 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
D strike is vry tru........started earlier today
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2013
Although the strike is still on, those of you who saw their names in the new list but haven't collected the admission letter should do so immediately
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by enyo001: 6:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
Richiez: Although the strike is still on, those of you who saw their names in the new list but haven't collected the admission letter should do so immediately
is d admission leta out?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
enyo001:
is d admission leta out?
YES its out, go collect 2moro and friday also with dat of remedial stdnts which started 2day.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by francisNewton(m): 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
guys pls after admission leta wats next aw can one reg pay fees get admission letter n of course d screenin n is it possible to do all dis now dat d skool is on strike(dough admission letter is being given)
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by youngweezy1: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2013
francis Newton: guys pls after admission leta wats next aw can one reg pay fees get admission letter n of course d screenin n is it possible to do all dis now dat d skool is on strike(dough admission letter is being given)
which department are you in??
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by youngweezy1: 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
Richiez: Update from uniabuja campus: most lecturers are adhering to the strike while a few others has vowed not to participate. As it stands now, uniabuja ASUU chapter is divided
na u sabi ooo
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 3:14am On Jul 05, 2013
francis Newton: guys pls after admission leta wats next aw can one reg pay fees get admission letter n of course d screenin n is it possible to do all dis now dat d skool is on strike(dough admission letter is being given)
now that you have collected your admission letter, you just be on the alert, at anytime the screening may be called for. It is after the screening that you will be fully certified and then given a matric number, it is with that matric number that you can now use to pay school fees and do any other registration. For now that you havn't been screened, you are only allowed to participate in lecture that is if the strike is called off in soonest time.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Deliz: 10:12am On Jul 05, 2013
Dfinex1: They is stil 2 list cumin out soon,bt its 4 dos dt runs it,and also d admtn calld hand 2 hand own is also there,so dt uniabj 4u,nd 4dos dt pt in unabj 2013/14,go nd b wrk in order 2 gather moni,bcus uniabj is nt by merit bt runs,xcept u are given admtn tru jamb,so success in advance frnds
I was given admission by jamb,my name didn't come out in the merit list and am still at home ,i didn't even write jamb this year thinking i have gotten admission. So people please don't depend on any admission given by JAMB.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by francisNewton(m): 11:12am On Jul 05, 2013
Deliz: I was given admission by jamb,my name didn't come out in the merit list and am still at home ,i didn't even write jamb this year thinking i have gotten admission. So people please don't depend on any admission given by JAMB.
guy come to d skool bring d jamb admission letter n u will b admitted am sure its an error or typo dats y ur name was nt on d list u u better start comin to d skool its a minor case i av seen four pipu dat got admitted tru jamb one wix is ma cousin
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Deliz: 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2013
francis Newton: guy come to d skool bring d jamb admission letter n u will b admitted am sure its an error or typo dats y ur name was nt on d list u u better start comin to d skool its a minor case i av seen four pipu dat got admitted tru jamb one wix is ma cousin
who should i meet? Went to the registrar's office when the 1st list was released they helped re-check the list but couldn't find my name. I have been trying to see the vc since the time the first list was released but couldn't,his staff either say he's in a meeting or he's not on seat. Only God knows how much i've spent going to Gwags almost every week. And *am nt a guy* LOL
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by piethurn: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
go 2jamb office n lodge ur complaint they wil gve t a letter 2d vc
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Deliz: 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
Thanks,I'll try to collect the letter.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Sholani: 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
Download UNIABUJA Post-Utme Past Questions And Prepare Today!!

The Past Questions IS Free For All, And All you have to do is Click Here To Download Yours, And Share With friends: www.freepumepastquestions.tk

Say Thank You when you download yours
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dfinex1: 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
Deliz: I was given admission by jamb,my name didn't come out in the merit list and am still at home ,i didn't even write jamb this year thinking i have gotten admission. So people please don't depend on any admission given by JAMB.
its u dt caused it,nex tym u shud hv gone 2d permanent site 2 complain to d registra or even 2d v.c ur name is surely there,wel u cn stil cum nd claim it,bcus dis yr adm is stil on,so dts d solutn
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 12:48am On Jul 06, 2013
Academic activities may be paralyzed on university campuses nationwide as the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has declared indefinite strike action to compel the Federal Government to implement the agreement reached with the union in October 2009.

Indications to this emerged at the University of Ibadan when the academic staff of the university received a text message which reads “Good morning, this is to officially inform you that ASUU has declared a total, comprehensive and indefinite STRIKE from Monday, July 1, 2013. Await further briefing.

ASUU UI.”

Immediately the text was received, academic staff who had been expectant, praised the decision of the National Executive Council (NEC) on the decision to proceed on strike to improve the condition of the nation’s universities and improve quality of service delivery.

The NEC of ASUU, which concluded its meeting at the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, was said to have considered the state of implementation at the universities and concluded that the Federal Government had not been faithful in implementing the agreements substantially.

Although, ASUU is to officially address a world press conference today, sources at the NEC said the decision to proceed on strike included failure of the Federal Government to meet the funding requirements for revitalisation of Nigerian universities; progressive increase of annual budgetary allocation to education to 26 per cent between 2009 and 2020, earned allowances, and setting up of research and development units by companies operating in Nigeria and teaching and research equipment provision to laboratories and classrooms.

According to the source, ASUU took the decision after “observing all possible means of making government to implement the agreement yielded no results.”

Meanwhile, immediately the text message circulated, some lecturers at the Premier University who were slated for lectures did not go while students waited in vain.

The University of Ibadan undergraduate resumed the second semester last week leaving the students to groan with the latest development.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 9:09am On Jul 06, 2013
Finally faculty of medicine has gotten accreditation...thanks to the new Governing council they have done what adelabu could not do
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
I think another thread should be started for students who wrote this years JAMB, they have little or no reason to be coming on this thread because its content might not be apt to what they wanna hear. That being said, I want to congratulate all those who have been given admission into the only Federal Ivory Tower in the Nation's capital. While you merry and celebrate, you should do well to know that you have a behemoth task ahead of you. Once again! Congratulations to all the medical students, finally! At last!! The besotted accreditation is upon us. A million thanks to Ogbemudia's led university council for working diligently in getting the unsavoury quagmire surmounted. We pray ASUU call off the strike soon and I wish you all a good stint in the school.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 07, 2013
Hw abt Direct Entry admiSsion list?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
According to Fagge, the Federal Government, in 2009 made a law to pay each lecturers N12,500 per month
as earn allowance which it never did since 2009.

Two months into a nationwide strike by polytechnic lecturers, Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Monday, began a nationwide strike over alleged Federal Government’s refusal to implement the agreement between it and the union over unpaid entitlements, its National President, Dr. Nasir Fagge, has said.

Polytechnics lecturers are also on strike due to alleged non-implementation of agreements and lack of infrastructure in their institutions.

According to Fagge, Federal Government, in 2009 signed an agreement to pay each lecturer N12,500 per month as EARN allowance, which it has not done since then.

He said: “The allowances include excess work load, high carriage of student per lecturer, responsibility allowance, ranging from administrative responsibility borne by lectures for example, as Head of Department, Deans of Faculties, Examination Officers, Course Advisers and Supervision of thesis.

“The highest any lecture gets from this allowance is N12,500 per month. The truth is that since 2009 no lecturer has been paid any allowance apart from his salary.”

Fagge explained that when the non-payment of allowance was brought to the notice of Federal Government, it said that it forgot to include it in the budget and promised to make amends in subsequent but never did.

Before the commencement of strike, Fagge noted that the union held several meetings with officials of the Federal Government on the issue but regretted that government did not take the union seriously.

He said: “We went ahead to go on a warning strike and they never did anything to avert the industrial action.

“We had series of interaction with the Federal Government at the national level, but to the dismay of ASUU, the government recently came with a new position that they can not pay more than 50 percent of the agreed amount

“It had earlier been reduced to 80 percent by the union.

“Between December and January 2011, the union suspended its industrial action over ASUU/FG agreements. Within the period, the union had series of meetings with Federal Government.

“When the strike was suspended two and half years ago, there was an MoU signed with the Federal Government.

“In the MoU, the Federal Government agreed to inject funds to uplift the infrastructure in the universities which it never did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.