Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,176 members, 7,960,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (633311 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2013
GOD IS IN TOTAL CONTROL
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by splendidRoland(f): 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2013
when will Uniabuja start selling their post Ume For for dis Yearwhen will Uniabuja start selling their post Ume For for dis Yearwhen will Uniabuja start selling their post Ume For for dis Year
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 12:40am On Jul 21, 2013
splendid Roland: when will Uniabuja start selling their post Ume For for dis Yearwhen will Uniabuja start selling their post Ume For for dis Yearwhen will Uniabuja start selling their post Ume For for dis Year
Relax! Splendid, I'v already promised to inform you when it's time last time you called
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by astronautog(m): 8:11am On Jul 21, 2013
Futo [engineering only] cost 3000 naira
imsu [all departments] cost 3000 naira
esut [all departments] cost 3000 naira
fact:all answers would be sent to your mobile phones 10 minutes after exam starts!!!!
If you need accomodation in any of the above schools contact me.read my signature for contact details
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 10:50am On Jul 21, 2013
ASUU strike will not affect preparations for Nigeria University Games - Don: Professor Ademola Onifade of the Lagos State University (LASU) says the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of University's (ASUU) will not adversely affect athletes' preparation for the Nigeria

Universities Game (NUGA).

The Games will be hosted by the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife from October 2 to13.

Mr. Onifade, a Professor of Sports and Chairman, LASU Sports Council, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos that in spite of the persisting strike, the athletes could still be preparing for the Games.

He explained that the strike was only directed at stopping the lecturers from teaching and holding meetings and not crippling other activities in the institutions.

"ASUU strike does not in any way affect student sports. I mean ASUU strike is for ASUU, that is, we the staff are not expected to teach. We are not expected to attend meetings, so the strike is basically for academic staff, not for students, so it doesn't affect students in anyway.

"And again, you must appreciate the fact that in all Nigerian universities, there is a sport office and academic staff are not the ones running the sport offices. There are professional sports people who are in the sports offices and they take care of the student sports, so the strike doesn't affect it in any way.

"Even if an academic staff is engaged as a part time coach, it doesn't, because ASUU is not against that per say, since we are not teaching. We are not attending academic meetings. No, it does not affect it (NUGA preparations) in anyway," he said.

The chairman said that the strike could be a blessing in disguise as affected athletes could use the period to prepare for the Games.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2013
ASUU Strike: Union Accuses FG Of Insincerity And Infidelity!! The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) at the weekend accused the Federal Government of insincerity in the implementation of the agreement it reached with the union.
The union said the government has not shown interest in addressing the problems of the Education sector.
It also said the government was feigning ignorance about the union’s demands.
The National Convener, ASUU Committee on Human Rights, Dr Sola Olorunyomi, spoke on a Splash FM programme, “Voices”, monitored in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
He said ASUU’s leaders, who met with representatives of the Federal Government, were shocked when the government feigned ignorance about the strike and its agreement.
The academic explained that it was only when the representatives were shown the government’s signature on the document that the reality dawned on them.
Olorunyomi said: “We are resolute this time. We are prepared to go hungry.You can’t believe that the people we met first feigned ignorance about the agreement. It was not until our team brought out the memorandum of agreement and then some of them saw their signatures. It was a drama of sorts. But you can only have that in Nigeria.”
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by ibiafrica: 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ike Ifeanyi smiley[color=#990000][/color]
pls guys i want to be inform when the UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA post ume for 2013/2014 will hold, i mean the date of the screening .. i wouldn't like to miss this year own pls guys you can contact me by my phone line: 07063286219 or my BB Pin 27FCF807 or on 2go: ibiafrica
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Drayzeal(m): 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
ibiafrica: Ike Ifeanyi smiley[color=#990000][/color]
pls guys i want to be inform when the UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA post ume for 2013/2014 will hold, i mean the date of the screening .. i wouldn't like to miss this year own pls guys you can contact me by my phone line: 07063286219 or my BB Pin 27FCF807 or on 2go: ibiafrica
Goddon32: go 2 hell

Young man I don't think no1 we waste his call card to call any1,all u need s to b on this thread a frequent as u can

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by daramolamercy2: 6:29am On Jul 24, 2013
FG opens fresh negotiations with ASUUon July 24, 2013 at 1:00 am in News
By Henry Umoru
ABUJA — AS part of moves to end the ongoing strike by university lecturers, Federal Government, yesterday, disclosed that it has entered into fresh negotiation with Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU.
The government team, according to Federal Government, was being led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim.
Minister of Labour and Productivity, Emeka Wogu, disclosed this, yesterday, when he briefed the Bamanga Tukur-led leadership of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, National Working Committee, NWC, on the activities of his ministry.
He noted that the government had serious issues with the original agreement, which he described as complex.
He said: “We have made offer to ASUU. It is as complex as presented. Negotiation is ongoing. The National Assembly is equally involved.
“We believe they will soon call off the strike. I personally and passionately appeal to them to call off the strike.
“It will not affect the negotiation if they call off the strike. It is better for them to be inside than outside. Students have equally appealed to them.”
The nine-point agreements ASUU signed with Federal Government were: funding requirements for revitalisation of Nigerian universities and Federal Government’s assistance to state universities.
Other are establishment of NUPEMCO and progressive increase in annual budgetary allocation to education to 26 percent between 2009 and 2020.
Also, they agreed on payment of earned allowances, amendment of the pension/retirement age of academics on the professorial cadre from 65 to 70 years, reinstatement of prematurely dissolved governing councils and transfer of Federal Government landed property to universities.
There was also an agreement on setting up of research development council and provision ofresearch equipment to laboratories and classrooms in universities
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
The hitherto suspended courses at the
University of Abuja - Medicine, Veterinary
Medicine and Agriculture - have been granted
accreditation by the National Universities
Commission (NUC).
The university also received an approval to run
engineering courses.
The suspension and non-approval of the
courses had been one of the major causes of
the crises rocking the institution in recent
times.
The announcement was made by the Chairman
of the Task Team on the accreditation of the
College of Medicine and Visiting Professor to
NUC, Professor Eugene Okpere, after an
inspection of the needed facilities at the
university yesterday, where he added that
while Medical and Agriculture courses had full
accreditation, veterinary medicine had been
given interim accreditation. "All the courses
can, however, take off."
"We are happy to say that University of Abuja
is more than ready to run these courses and
the facilities we see here are even superior to
those in other teaching hospitals," he said.
The institution now has the capacity to run the
affected programmes.
Providing further explanation on the status of
the engineering programme, Okpere said it had
just been granted approval and could now
commence steps to seeking accreditation.
The Vice-Chancellor of the university,
Professor James Adelabu, while speaking with
journalists, said the management carried the
NUC along, while putting the necessary
facilities in place.
He added that this became necessary as the
issue of the non-accreditation of the
programmes entered national discourse.
On the fate of the engineering students
transferred to other schools to complete their
programmes, Adelabu said: "Those that have
not been accepted in those universities will
come back to University of Abuja and we can
see what courses they can fit into.
"The journey to get to where we are today has
not been easy, but we thank God that all is now
over," he said.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
^^^^^^
The following got me smiling:
Our school can now graduate all her Medicine, Agric and Vet students.
They can now admit freshers into Medicine, Agric (and maybe Vet) since theirs is interim.
Engineering has being approved so hopefully they too would be accredited.
Medicine and Agric got FULL accreditation so they no longer have palaver with NUC again kpata kpata.
The last statement there, "ALL IS NOW OVER...!"
Congrats unibuja...
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by DPGzz(m): 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
Abeg, hwfa with screenin' and reg fr new intakes
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Sunmax01(m): 11:55am On Jul 25, 2013
Pls i wil lyk to knw wen the post utme form of uniAbuja wuld be owt..tnkx
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sunmax01: Pls i wil lyk to knw wen the post utme form of uniAbuja wuld be owt..tnkx
pray that ASUU calls off the strike
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Bashimi: 7:41am On Jul 26, 2013
Pls is it post ume or screening
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) on Thursday insisted that it would not open fresh negotiation with the Federal Government on the agreement reached with the latter on the management of Nigerian universities in 2009.

Ademola Aremu, the National Treasurer of the Union, who gave the hint on Thursday, urged members to stockpile food stuff in preparation for a sustained battle with the government over the controversial pact.

ASUU has been on an indefinite strike for over three weeks over government's refusal to honour the 2009 agreement and a 2012 Memorandum of Understanding between both parties.

The Minister of Labour and Productivity, Emeka Wogu, had said on Monday that the Goodluck Jonathan administration could not implement the agreement as it is. He said the government would renegotiate the agreement with the lecturers.

But, Mr. Aremu, speaking at a symposium held at the University College Hospital, Ibadan, said the strike will continue until the government "comes to term with reality."

The official, a former University of Ibadan chairman of ASUU, accused the government of deceit and insincerity. He described as ruse, the claim by the government that it lacked sufficient money to implement the agreement, saying government only needs to stop the frivolity it spends on.

"Nigeria votes the least budget to education, while siphoning huge sums to irrelevant projects that do not encourage research and development," he said.

Themed: "Education, Research and Development in Nigeria," Thursday's symposium was organised by the University of Ibadan Branch of ASUU at Paul Hendrickse Hall of the College of Medicine, University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan.

Discussants at the symposium included Mr. Aremu; Segun Ajiboye, incumbent ASUU Chairman of the university; Millicent Obajimi, former Chairman, Nigerian Medical Association; Abass Abdulsalaam; and Femi Afolabi.

"We believe that many of the Nigerian leaders wanted public education dead, reason they have been establishing well equipped private universities at the expense of the poor masses of this country.

"But, we will not allow them the way they did to public primary and secondary education", the university teachers noted.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by daramolamercy2: 6:16am On Jul 27, 2013
ASUU Indicates Strike May Be Called Off Next week
Posted by: Channels TelevisionPosted date:July 26, 2013In: Current, Local|comment : 0 Comments and 0 Reactions
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has indicated that it may call off its indefinite strike next week.
The Academic Union hinted after severalagreements were reached with the federal government during talks which resumed today.
After hours of talks behind closed doors, the chairman of the 19-man committee, Governor Gabriel Suswam said it had resolved many of the outstanding issues with the ASUU except two which would be tackled at aresumed meeting next week.
Governor Suswam explained that the committee will work assiduously to wipe out all issues that have led to strikes for several decades as well as enhance the internally generated revenue base of all public universities inthe country
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Jideyuny(m): 10:38am On Jul 27, 2013
Sureli dey av reach an agreement...b prepared to resume bck to sku.........also anyone wu score more dan 220 in dis year nd wisg to got admited witout stress shud kinli contact me on 08134551186....olajide is ma name.....note d@ uniabuja addmission is by invitation nt by ur knowledge
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Jideyuny(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2013
Am sowi for d typin error....no one z perfect bt will kip chasing it
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 11:35am On Jul 27, 2013
Jide yuny: Am sowi for d typin error....no one z perfect bt will kip chasing it
Not only are there errors in your typing but your use-of-English is pathetic, you are surely betoken of the fact that admission these days isn't by merit but by invitation. #SMH
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
Jide yuny: Sureli dey av reach an agreement...b prepared to resume bck to sku.........also anyone wu score more dan 220 in dis year nd wisg to got admited witout stress shud kinli contact me on 08134551186....olajide is ma name.....note d@ uniabuja addmission is by invitation nt by ur knowledge
invitation how,na wedding?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Goddon32(m): 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
Dannyxy: invitation how,na wedding?
guy abeg help me ask am o
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
ASUU Strike May End Next Thursday

The latest and Update on the ongoing ASUU Strike is that the strike may end soon- next Thursday to be precise.

Here is the details as reported by InformationNG:

The meeting between the Federal Government and the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, may have yielded results, as there are now indications the on-going strike might be called off next Thursday.

Governor of Benue State, Mr Gabriel Suswam who dropped this hint Friday said ASUU and the Federal Government had reached agreements on all the contentious issues that led to the industrial action except two.

Suswam who was appointed as Chairman of the Needs Assessment Implementation Committee of the Federal Government said after next Thursday’s deliberations between his Committee and the various agencies of government funding tertiary education, all the contentious issues would likely be resolved.

Suswam told journalists in Abuja after attending a meeting between the Federal Government’s delegation and ASUU that agreements had been reached by both parties on all issues save two.

“We reached agreements on all issues except two. These two issues are those of earned allowances of lecturers and intervention for the federal universities. These are the only issues that are still outstanding.”
The Benue Governor further said he believed that by next week after his Committee would have arrived at an agreement on all the issues, ASUU would call off the strike.

“The SGF would meet with the leadership of ASUU on the issue of earned allowances by next Monday.
“Then my committee which is dealing with the issue of the needs assessment of the universities would meet again next Thursday and take another look at all the infrastructural deficits which the federal universities are facing.

“If you go to our universities, you would agree that they are facing infrastructural deficits and that is why my committee would meet with all the funding agencies next Thursday for the purpose of prioritizing all the projects that need to be executed. We are going to invite all the agencies that are involved in the funding of the universities including the Central Bank of Nigeria.”

Suswam said agreement has been reached on retirement age for university lecturers, which has now been increased from 65 to 70 years; the constitution of the governing councils of the universities which has already been done by the Government; the setting up of a pension administrator and the issue of persuading companies operating in the country to set up research centers in the universities.

“As far as I am concerned, if the issues concerning intervention and earned allowances are resolved next week, then the strike could be called off,” he said.

Present at the meeting were Secretary to the Government of the Federation Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Minister of Labour, Hon. Emeka Wogu, Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayatu Rufai and President of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Dr Nasir Fagge, among others.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 28, 2013
Non of u guys ar tAlkin abt direct enrty intake nd its annoying...
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 9:42am On Jul 29, 2013
Phinity318: Non of u guys ar tAlkin abt direct enrty intake nd its annoying...
Phinity318: Non of u guys ar tAlkin abt direct enrty intake nd its annoying...
there is no any separate list 4 D.E, so if u ar waiting 4 a list to cm out den u ar westing ur time because dose dat applied through D.E their names hv ben posted in d previous
Lists.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Wittywizard(m): 11:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
mr Goddon. I want to use dis medium to shawn u, pls no1 s a kid here... If UniAbuja didn't give u admission, dont come here & start being too aggressive on any1, its nobody fault & moreova, d list is not fully out... Am highly battered wit ur unusuall comment nowadays... Pls, u just av to calm down in life...thank u.
Witty cares.
Phone: 07037169000
2go: francis6781
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Wittywizard(m): 1:45am On Jul 31, 2013
I weep for all the Nigerian
students begging for ASUU
to call off strike so that
they can finish school. After
school what? You graduate
from a system that cannot
compete with 2000 world
rated universities. The
paper you collect
only shows that you
are capable of learning as companies will have to
train you again to learn
what you need to know
when others in other land
spend 4 years to know all
the theories and practicals that will take you 10 years
to acquire in Nigeria.
ASUU is fighting to correct
this. Instead of you to put
pressure on the FG
to make tertiary education world
standard , you are call on
ASUU to return to you
dirty, ill-equiped classroom
and labs. The mere fact that
you are satisfy with the
status quo and want to
go back to it means
that you have no
education. Because the
number 1 objective of an
educated mind is to
know that something is
wrong and a solution
should be found and
implemented. ;DI weep for all the Nigerian
compete with 2000 world
rated universities. The
paper you collect
only shows that you
train you again to learn
what you need to know
to acquire in Nigeria.
pressure on the FG
ASUU to return to you
you are satisfy with the
status quo and want to
go back to it means
that you have no
education. Because the
number 1 objective of an
educated mind is to
know that something is
wrong and a solution
should be found and
implemented.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by nyles: 4:47am On Jul 31, 2013
Wittywizard: I weep for all the Nigerian
compete with 2000 world
rated universities. The
paper you collect
only shows that you
train you again to learn
what you need to know
to acquire in Nigeria.
pressure on the FG
ASUU to return to you
you are satisfy with the
status quo and want to
go back to it means
that you have no
education. Because the
number 1 objective of an
educated mind is to
know that something is
wrong and a solution
should be found and
implemented. ;DI weep for all the Nigerian
compete with 2000 world
rated universities. The
paper you collect
only shows that you
train you again to learn
what you need to know
to acquire in Nigeria.
pressure on the FG
ASUU to return to you
you are satisfy with the
status quo and want to
go back to it means
that you have no
education. Because the
number 1 objective of an
educated mind is to
know that something is
wrong and a solution
should be found and
implemented.

Whatever the case is, ASUU will come back to classrooms, the FG or ASUU cannot truncate anyone's future. Both parties have no choice, they cannot keep us at home forever. it is still left to us to develop ourselves on our own if we want to succeed in life, ASUU or no FG! I HAVE FOLLOWED this problem for years and i know something is not right somewhere within both parties! This is the kind of post that takes away God and faith and hope from the hearts of men, instead, you should say positive things to encourage people in the face of this stand off! Please restrict your weeping, it is not for us! A man is fighting to cross a river of crocodiles and all you tell him is that wild animals will devour him even if he succeeds??!! We all are aware of the tense situation on ground but some of us have made a decision to stop complaining around and start maintaining determination. it is only us that can change things starting with ourselves. whether you like it or not, those who work, contribute and stay positive will rise above all this confusion and bring Nigeria pride and those who like to analyse without raising a muscle will fade into obscurity Please try to encourage people, you need to see what people post sad, no one will need to tell you that some are close to suicide, not everyone is strong that is why so many need words of strength; dont increase the depression index for our youths, we have a future by God's grace! angry undecided . All the same, great post, you are very articulate! smiley
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Babsbak(m): 8:36am On Jul 31, 2013
Plz wen wil uniabuja p.ume 4m b on sale
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Goddon32(m): 9:45am On Jul 31, 2013
Wittywizard: mr Goddon. I want to use dis medium to shawn u, pls no1 s a kid here... If UniAbuja didn't give u admission, dont come here & start being too aggressive on any1, its nobody fault & moreova, d list is not fully out... Am highly battered wit ur unusuall comment nowadays... Pls, u just av to calm down in life...thank u.
Witty cares.
Phone: 07037169000
2go: francis6781
i dont realy get u, did i sa somtin? Wel In my case God as already taken charge of it, God is presently fightin 4 my admision bt nt in uniabuja bt in jos, i beliv dat at d end victory shal n wil b ours

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by cjs10lib(m): 10:52am On Aug 01, 2013
Pls can anyone here help me with the VC's phone number cos i need to make an urgent contact to him. Tanks in advance for any help rendered. Secondly, wen is d registration for DE postUME starting?

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.