Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,959 members, 7,963,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:36 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1833663 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (938) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kilmix: 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2013
Zachxolan: I will like to inform the house that I finally got my study permit in lagos on friday and will be travelling to SA next week, I really want to thank everyone that contributed to its success from this forum, u guys were WONDERFUL and I am sure it does not end here. once am in SA will check back to see whats going on and update you.
Congrats bro. I will like to apply for the masters in law in 2014. I'll need your help friend. I'll add you to get info from you. Besides what skul are you admitted into?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by havefaithh: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
I just got a text message from VFS my passport is ready for collection.After 9 working days
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Waleabimbola(m): 6:46pm On Mar 19, 2013
havefaithh: I just got a text message from VFS my passport is ready for collection.After 9 working days
Where did you submit it bro?is it Lagos or Abuja...tourist visa or study visa?thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
Babechemist01: finally,finally. I got my study permit today in Abuja after 6weeks. I was denied visa initially cos dey said my yellow fever card was invalid. I actually got it frm d ministry of health in my state and my momentum health insurance was hand written. I got new ones both d yellow card and d momentun cert and reapplied thesame day. Glory be to God,i got my permit today.

Wow...i'm guessing i did see you ysterday when you received your permit and said you'v been on it for six weeks...would have been great knowing you are also a Nairalander.

Finally, Got mine today..Thank You all NLDRS...You made me do this on my own.

Cheers..

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Babechemist01: 10:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
Zzzalexzzz:

Wow...i'm guessing i did see you ysterday when you received your permit and said you'v been on it for six weeks...would have been great knowing you are also a Nairalander.

Cheers..
Yeah u are right. We meet at the embassy. U told me d woman asked u to check back on Tuesday cos d years of study was not stated on ur admmission letter.10k God u got it atlast. Congrats
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IamJerry: 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
Zzzalexzzz:

Cheers..

Hey everybody, I am now selling "NAIRALANDER I.D CARD" so you guys can recognize yourselves everywhere....It costs $1m.... Abi e no good? Laughs!!!!!!! Well, CONGRATULATIONS guys....all the best...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 8:01am On Mar 20, 2013
IamJerry:

Hey everybody, I am now selling "NAIRALANDER I.D CARD" so you guys can recognize yourselves everywhere....It costs $1m.... Abi e no good? Laughs!!!!!!! Well, CONGRATULATIONS guys....all the best...

*Smiling*...$1m.. so cheap

Thanks again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 8:11am On Mar 20, 2013
A first time traveller here,

1. Pls, Can anyone pls share their experience with ARIK or South Africa Airways, someone once said his valuables were once stolen on SA Airways
2. What is the cost for a return ticket for either of the two airliners
3. I'm Planning to Take along some quantity of Food Stuffs from here...pls wat are the traveling limits to carrying foods along
4. What oda documents shd i hold cos of immigration and customs
5. Any oda advise will be appreciated

Thanks Again

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Babechemist01: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2013
IamJerry:

LOlz.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dpaveun(f): 10:58am On Mar 20, 2013
Zzzalexzzz: A first time traveller here,

1. Pls, Can anyone pls share their experience with ARIK or South Africa Airways, someone once said his valuables were once stolen on SA Airways
3. I'm Planning to Take along some quantity of Food Stuffs from here...pls wat are the traveling limits to carrying foods along

Thanks Again

Arik Air, is very good av flown it 5x n I have no regrets, n its way cheaper than SA anyway, abt documents try hold all the copies of what u submitted wen applyin for a visa to be on safer side...u are allowed to carry 2 luggages 30kg each n hand luggage of 15kg.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dpaveun(f): 11:01am On Mar 20, 2013
Has anyone heard abt people traveling to Nija with letter been unable to return to SA except they re apply for visa?....
I have someone in the situation right now and she needs help on how to go abt it.
Pls advice
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 11:05am On Mar 20, 2013
Zzzalexzzz: A first time traveller here,

Thanks Again

As a first time traveler i will suggest you use SAA to south africa.......i ve flown with them 4 times now and i always enjoy their hospitality.Nice and caring cabin crew staff....You can take food stuffs along with you and please make sure ur deodorant/perfume are inside ur luggage.arik should be 102k and SAA 108K.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dpaveun(f): 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
chelseabmw:

As a first time traveler i will suggest you use SAA to south africa.......i ve flown with them 4 times now and i always enjoy their hospitality.Nice and caring cabin crew staff....You can take food stuffs along with you and please make sure ur deodorant/perfume are inside ur luggage.arik should be 102k and SAA 108K.

Anyone you wanna fly, I wish you a very safe trip, but one thing I know is every airline cabin crew are trained to be homely and hospitable....all the best bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 7:01pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thank you'all....I truly appreciate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
Please do not take Yam and Plantain along. I went with plaintain last year and they showed me pepper. Of cos they seized them @ the airport.
Zzzalexzzz:

Thanks Again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
Zzzalexzzz: Thank you'all....I truly appreciate
Hello .. Congratulations on your study permit. I discovered you have just been given admission at the university of western cape. Please when are you travelling to south Africa. I am based in cape town. I don't know if you can help with some documents(original certificate waec and neco) from Nigeria. if you can I would just ask my broda to bring down to you. So maybe when you settle down in school I would come fort to collect it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2013
surdik:
Hello .. Congratulations on your study permit. I discovered you have just been given admission at the university of western cape. Please when are you travelling to south Africa. I am based in cape town. I don't know if you can help with some documents(original certificate waec and neco) from Nigeria. if you can I would just ask my broda to bring down to you. So maybe when you settle down in school I would come fort to collect it.

That's no problem since its just your document...I'm presently in IB till dis weekend..you shd send me a Nairaland email as to receiving the docs from your bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
Zzzalexzzz:

That's no problem since its just your document...I'm presently in IB till dis weekend..you shd send me a Nairaland email as to receiving the docs from your bro.
Thanks I would do that now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 11:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
dpaveun:

Anyone you wanna fly, I wish you a very safe trip, but one thing I know is every airline cabin crew are trained to be homely and hospitable....all the best bro

huh?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluet: 5:51am On Mar 21, 2013
Pls i want to knw the requirement needed to collect student visa,and I wz told dat I will pay some money @ banks.like visa fees ect
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 10:30am On Mar 21, 2013
Hello Friends;

Pls i am trying to book for my Flight Ticket(South Africa Airways). I was planning to book a return ticket for about 300days since i cant book a return ticket for more than a year. My plan was to extend the ticket when the return date is close by, BUT i someone just told me that the return date can't be extended and selling the ticket in south africa may not be easy or possible....

Please whats the best solution in this scenario....My Study permit is up to 2yrs and i am not planning on coming back till then.

Thanks for your urgent response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dpaveun(f): 11:06am On Mar 21, 2013
Zzzalexzzz: Hello Friends;

Pls i am trying to book for my Flight Ticket(South Africa Airways). I was planning to book a return ticket for about 300days since i cant book a return ticket for more than a year. My plan was to extend the ticket when the return date is close by, BUT i someone just told me that the return date can't be extended and selling the ticket in south africa may not be easy or possible....

Please whats the best solution in this scenario....My Study permit is up to 2yrs and i am not planning on coming back till then.

Thanks for your urgent response.

Open tickets Basically last for a year n if not stated dat u shd hold onward return ticket I guess u can buy one way since you are using a permit.... I stand to b corrected
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2013
dpaveun:

Open tickets Basically last for a year n if not stated dat u shd hold onward return ticket I guess u can buy one way since you are using a permit.... I stand to b corrected

Please, where will it be stated if i should own a return ticket or not...which document or where can i check for this

I was told, if i havn't paid my school fees or completed my registration, a one way ticket may not be allowed...

thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dpaveun(f): 11:21am On Mar 21, 2013
Zzzalexzzz:

Please, where will it be stated if i should own a return ticket or not...which document or where can i check for this

I was told, if i havn't paid my school fees or completed my registration, a one way ticket may not be allowed...

thanks
Am almost not getting you well, anyways, buy a ticket for a mnth then call SAA's customer care wen u get to SA that you wanna suspend your the return date on your ticket. This makes ur ticket stil very usable and anytime u wanna come home within a year, u just go to their office and pay for change of date....

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2013
dpaveun:
This makes ur ticket stil very usable and anytime u wanna come home within a year.....

The thing is i am not planning on coming home till after my studies..2yrs

So what you are saying is that i have to use the return ticket within one year and there is no way around it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dpaveun(f): 11:42am On Mar 21, 2013
Zzzalexzzz:

So what you are saying is that i have to use the return ticket within one year and there is no way around it?
The only solution is u get another ticket wen coming....my dear bro get there first hun?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cessna150(m): 11:54am On Mar 21, 2013
havefaithh: I just got a text message from VFS my passport is ready for collection.After 9 working days

That's so nice,Did you submit to Lagos office or Abj?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Babechemist01: 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
i need an advice on the BTA stuff. I dont want to take anymoney with me while tranvelling. I av GTB master card. Is it compusary dat the BTA must be cash in hand? Pls i need an urgent response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dpaveun(f): 3:09am On Mar 22, 2013
Babechemist01: i need an advice on the BTA stuff. I dont want to take anymoney with me while tranvelling. I av GTB master card. Is it compusary dat the BTA must be cash in hand? Pls i need an urgent response
No its not compulsory its in cash
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
Zzzalexzzz:

Zzzalexzzz:

Please like how much does it cost for the whole processing and how much is the school fees for your school. Your reply will be highly appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
Zzzalexzzz:

thanks
You don't need a return ticket, stand your ground before any immigration official who might use that as an excuse to extort you brcause you are a first timer.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (938) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.