Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,953 members, 7,963,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 01:24 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1833620 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (938) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stone2x: 6:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
just collected my sa vissa Bleep UK
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IamJerry: 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
stone2x: just collected my sa vissa Bleep UK

Wow! Great news....did you apply in Lagos?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jeffobodo: 12:06am On Mar 23, 2013
just received a text from vfs to come and pick up ,my sa visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IamJerry: 6:51am On Mar 23, 2013
jeffobodo: just received a text from vfs to come and pick up ,my sa visa

That's great! Where did you apply? Lagos or Abuja? How many days did it take?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stone2x: 7:29am On Mar 23, 2013
yes i applied in lag and it took just 6 days very fast
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IamJerry: 8:59am On Mar 23, 2013
stone2x: yes i applied in lag and it took just 6 days very fast

Am happy for you!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stone2x: 10:54am On Mar 23, 2013
thanks but am not dat hapi jor wanted to go to the uk and spend my vac and sightcing with lots of goodygoody...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IamJerry: 11:40am On Mar 23, 2013
stone2x: thanks but am not dat hapi jor wanted to go to the uk and spend my vac and sightcing with lots of goodygoody...

Ha! Brother, Abeg be happy o... God knows best!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stone2x: 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2013
u are right na my oga ontop knows betta
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stone2x: 1:32pm On Mar 23, 2013
thanks house didnt hav to pay nobody to get my sa visaa..infomation is power.. u need to know

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zachxolan(m): 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
Zzzalexzzz: A first time traveller here,

1. Pls, Can anyone pls share their experience with ARIK or South Africa Airways, someone once said his valuables were once stolen on SA Airways
2. What is the cost for a return ticket for either of the two airliners
3. I'm Planning to Take along some quantity of Food Stuffs from here...pls wat are the traveling limits to carrying foods along
4. What oda documents shd i hold cos of immigration and customs
5. Any oda advise will be appreciated

Thanks Again

I will advise u to bring enough food o o as I didnt quite bring enough and am almost running out after a month...congrats bro am just opposite your school at Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2013
Zachxolan:

I will advise u to bring enough food o o as I didnt quite bring enough and am almost running out after a month...congrats bro am just opposite your school at Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Thanks very much Bro, i was planning on bringing low quantity of food stuffs until i read your post...Please, which food items do you suggest that i bring in Large Quantity and are raw food stuffs more expensive in SA (Rice, Garri, Beans, Spag etc)

Thanks again...Won't mind meeting up with you when i finally settle down.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 9:05pm On Mar 23, 2013
Friends, please i will also want to know if i can use my Study permit to register a Business Name in South Africa since i am a Student entrepreneur with no Work Permit. I'm only planning on devoting a little percentage of my study time to my Biz.

Or what other documents do i need to legitimately register a company business name in South Africa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 3:55pm On Mar 24, 2013
Zzzalexzzz: Friends, please i will also want to know if i can use my Study permit to register a Business Name in South Africa since i am a Student entrepreneur with no Work Permit. I'm only planning on devoting a little percentage of my study time to my Biz.

Or what other documents do i need to legitimately register a company business name in South Africa?

I would like to know how you went about payment to momentum and how much you paid because I want to apply for a study permit soon and want to get the health insurance. How many months did you pay for? Thanks for your response.

Anyone that knows is free to make comments. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
stone2x: thanks but am not dat hapi jor wanted to go to the uk and spend my vac and sightcing with lots of goodygoody...

As soon as u land SA u will regret ever applying for UK visa.......same tin with me,i was denied twice by uk VFS..............SA is a very nice place u will surely enjoy that town

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2013
P406:

I would like to know how you went about payment to momentum and how much you paid because I want to apply for a study permit soon and want to get the health insurance. How many months did you pay for? Thanks for your response.

Anyone that knows is free to make comments. Thanks.

It depends on How many months your sch stated, I paid for 9Months and had the money sent to someone who paid the equivalent in Rand. Learnt from Nairaland that u can also pay with you ATM MasterCard...If you paid with your ATM, you wait for some days for the confirmation...You only submit the confirmation which bears your member's No, Doctors Name etc

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 7:03am On Mar 25, 2013
Zzzalexzzz:

It depends on How many months your sch stated, I paid for 9Months and had the money sent to someone who paid the equivalent in Rand. Learnt from Nairaland that u can also pay with you ATM MasterCard...If you paid with your ATM, you wait for some days for the confirmation...You only submit the confirmation which bears your member's No, Doctors Name etc

Thanks for your response . I thought about doing that but I saw they required some documents to be presented by the person making payment in SA and I am in Naija right now. how long did it take for confirmation after the person made payments. My school did not indicate the number of months to pay for so I want to pay for 6months.i may pay by master card today . Collinsfbi I would appreciate your imput. my program is actually one that I go to SA twice a year for two weeks each, its a 2yr masters course. I was there in January on a visitors visa cos there was no time to apply for study permit.i spent about 18dys and returned.

but I am thinking if I should get another visiting visa in june and apply for study permit in SA on my next trip or get it here now.i have registered for course and have a letter from the faculty to the embassy also student i.d.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 7:17am On Mar 25, 2013
P406:

Thanks for your response . I thought about doing that but I saw they required some documents to be presented by the person making payment in SA and I am in Naija right now. how long did it take for confirmation after the person made payments. My school did not indicate the number of months to pay for so I want to pay for 6months.i may pay by master card today . Collinsfbi I would appreciate your imput. my program is actually one that I go to SA twice a year for two weeks each, its a 2yr masters course. I was there in January on a visitors visa cos there was no time to apply for study permit.i spent about 18dys and returned.

but I am thinking if I should get another visiting visa in june and apply for study permit in SA on my next trip or get it here now.i have registered for course and have a letter from the faculty to the embassy also student i.d.

Hello Again,

Its easy when you pick up your phone and call your sch to ask questions like the least number of months for the health insurance. I forwarded the documents to Momentum myself after the individual paid for me, check some of the previous pages on this thread, a NLNDR once gave me the number for their account section which i called to speed up the confirmation when i noticed it was taking more days. Then i forwarded the docs directly to her. I later received the first and second confirmation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 7:18am On Mar 25, 2013
Friends, please i will also want to know if i can use my Study permit to register a Business Name in South Africa since i am a Student entrepreneur with no Work Permit. I'm only planning on devoting a little percentage of my study time to my Biz.

Please i still need help with above
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 7:44am On Mar 25, 2013
Zzzalexzzz:

Hello Again,

Its easy when you pick up your phone and call your sch to ask questions like the least number of months for the health insurance. I forwarded the documents to Momentum myself after the individual paid for me, check some of the previous pages on this thread, a NLNDR once gave me the number for their account section which i called to speed up the confirmation when i noticed it was taking more days. Then i forwarded the docs directly to her. I later received the first and second confirmation.

Thanks man I will search here for the number and call.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
Zzzalexzzz: Friends, please i will also want to know if i can use my Study permit to register a Business Name in South Africa since i am a Student entrepreneur with no Work Permit. I'm only planning on devoting a little percentage of my study time to my Biz.

You may start a business in the RSA if you have the permission from the Department by means of being in possession of a business permit but you have just be granted study permit which only permit you to study, I wonder why you want to do business with a study permit. Meanwhile a business permit is issued in terms of section 15 of the Immigration Act, 2002 (Act No 13 of 2002), read with regulation 24. This permit is issued to a foreigner who intends to invest in or open an own business in the Republic.

What are the requirements?
(a) Duly completed application form BI-1738.
(b) Passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended visit.
(c) Payment of the prescribed application fee.
(d) Vaccination certificate, if required by the Act.
(e) Medical certificate in respect of the applicant and all members accompanying him/her if any?
(f) Birth certificate, to be unabridged where relevant to prove parenthood.
(g) Marriage certificate (if applicable) or
(h) Proof of spousal relationship in terms of the Act and these Regulations
or
(i) Divorce decree (if applicable).
(j) Proof of custody (if applicable).
(k) Death certificate in respect of late spouse (if applicable).
(l) Consent from parent(s) (if applicable).
(m) Proof of adoption (if applicable).
(n) Proof of legal separation (if applicable).
(o) Police clearance certificates in respect of all applicants 21 years or older, in respect of all countries where person(s) resided 1 year or longer, to be submitted within 12 months of the application if not immediately available.
(p) Additional information which the Department may request to satisfy itself of the existence of a good faith spousal relationship as set out in regulation 33(5), where applicable.
(q) Proof of funds available or transfer from abroad.
(r) Undertaking to register with the appropriate statutory body, if required by the nature of the business.
(s) Business track record to prove entrepreneurial skill.
(t) Proof that the business contributes to the geographical spread of economic activity.
(u) Proof that at least 5 citizens or residents shall be employed.
(v) A foreigner who is applying for a business permit must submit a certification by a chartered accountant which confirms that at least 2 of the following requirements have been met, OF WHICH ONE MUST BE THE
CAPITAL TO BE INVESTED [section 15(1)(a)]:
1. proof that the business in question is in one of the following sectors:-
(i) information and communication technology
(ii) clothing and textiles
(iii) chemicals and biotechnology
(iv) agro-processing
(v) metals and minerals
(vi) automotives and transport
(vii) tourism
(viii) crafts
2. the export potential of the business; or
3. calls for or involves a transfer of technology not previously generally available in the Republic; or
4. proof that at least 5 citizens/residents shall be employed; or
5. business track record to prove entrepreneurial skills; or
6. proof that the business contributes to the geographical spread of economic activity.
The Department may waive or reduce the capitalisation requirement of R2,5 million on recommendation or request of the Department of Trade & Industry, or Science & Technology, or on the basis of a recommendation of another competent organ of state.

Note: If the business no longer maintains the capitalisation requirement, the permit may be withdrawn. A business permit may be issued for 24 months at a time. Work permit/business permit requirements are somehow difficult to gather individually, that is why many people use immigration lawyer to apply for permit.

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2013
P406:

If your course is found to be the type you can write the exam in your home country, you may not be granted study permit, sorry to discourage you but that is the truth, your course seems to be online course.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
collinsfbi:
You may start a business in the RSA if you have the permission from the Department by means of being in possession of a business permit but you have just be granted study permit which only permit you to study, I wonder why you want to do business with a study permit. Meanwhile a business permit is issued in terms of section 15 of the Immigration Act, 2002 (Act No 13 of 2002), read with regulation 24. This permit is issued to a foreigner who intends to invest in or open an own business in the Republic.

(c) Payment of the prescribed application fee.
(d) Vaccination certificate, if required by the Act.
(e) Medical certificate in respect of the applicant and all members accompanying him/her if any?
(f) Birth certificate, to be unabridged where relevant to prove parenthood.
(g) Marriage certificate (if applicable) or
(h) Proof of spousal relationship in terms of the Act and these Regulations
or
(i) Divorce decree (if applicable).
(j) Proof of custody (if applicable).
(k) Death certificate in respect of late spouse (if applicable).
(l) Consent from parent(s) (if applicable).
(m) Proof of adoption (if applicable).
(n) Proof of legal separation (if applicable).
(o) Police clearance certificates in respect of all applicants 21 years or older, in respect of all countries where person(s) resided 1 year or longer, to be submitted within 12 months of the application if not immediately available.
(p) Additional information which the Department may request to satisfy itself of the existence of a good faith spousal relationship as set out in regulation 33(5), where applicable.
(q) Proof of funds available or transfer from abroad.
(r) Undertaking to register with the appropriate statutory body, if required by the nature of the business.
(s) Business track record to prove entrepreneurial skill.
(t) Proof that the business contributes to the geographical spread of economic activity.
(u) Proof that at least 5 citizens or residents shall be employed.
(v) A foreigner who is applying for a business permit must submit a certification by a chartered accountant which confirms that at least 2 of the following requirements have been met, OF WHICH ONE MUST BE THE
CAPITAL TO BE INVESTED [section 15(1)(a)]:
1. proof that the business in question is in one of the following sectors:-
(i) information and communication technology
(ii) clothing and textiles
(iii) chemicals and biotechnology
(iv) agro-processing
(v) metals and minerals
(vi) automotives and transport
(vii) tourism
(viii) crafts
2. the export potential of the business; or
3. calls for or involves a transfer of technology not previously generally available in the Republic; or
4. proof that at least 5 citizens/residents shall be employed; or
5. business track record to prove entrepreneurial skills; or
6. proof that the business contributes to the geographical spread of economic activity.
The Department may waive or reduce the capitalisation requirement of R2,5 million on recommendation or request of the Department of Trade & Industry, or Science & Technology, or on the basis of a recommendation of another competent organ of state.

Note: If the business no longer maintains the capitalisation requirement, the permit may be withdrawn. A business permit may be issued for 24 months at a time. Work permit/business permit requirements are somehow difficult to gather individually, that is why many people use immigration lawyer to apply for permit.

Gbamm over n out

Thanks bro, i sincerely appreciate your reply....Thanks Again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
collinsfbi:

Gbamm over n out

Thanks bro, i sincerely appreciate your reply....Thanks Again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 10:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
collinsfbi:
If your course is found to be the type you can write the exam in your home country, you may not be granted study permit, sorry to discourage you but that is the truth, your course seems to be online course.

Gbamm over n out

Collinsfbi thank you for your input.
The course is an online course but it requires contact periods at the beginning of each semester. This contact time is 2weeks
at the beginning of the semester. I have a good job in Nigeria and have no intention of living in SA. What counsel would you
give me. will it be easier to get the permit in SA at my next visit via visitors visa?

Everyone, your input will be appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stone2x: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2013
wat do i need to take along to SA upon arrival please...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2013
P406:

Collinsfbi thank you for your input.
The course is an online course but it requires contact periods at the beginning of each semester. This contact time is 2weeks
at the beginning of the semester. I have a good job in Nigeria and have no intention of living in SA. What counsel would you
give me. will it be easier to get the permit in SA at my next visit via visitors visa?

Everyone, your input will be appreciated.
is it must to book an hotel before applying for south african visa, cant i tel;l them i will get an hotel when my visa comes out ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lushesan: 9:53am On Mar 27, 2013
Goodday House,

Nice job going on here, thumbs up smiley

I hope to apply for my study permit from the abuja office soonest, but read this along the line : "Make sure the Medical Certificate is the Form collected from the embassy, signed and stamped then your flight booking should also be included" for Student Permit, i now have to wonder that now that the Lagos SA High commission is not attending to Study Permit sad , but only the Abuja office (Address required pls anyone), such forms will be required to be seen by my doctor obviously before submission. I am just confirming that this is the only place to collect such forms, i called the lagos office, and all they had to tell me is that they are no longer attending to study permit issues till Nov.

Thus am guessing ,will i have to go to Abuja embassy pick the forms, then get a doc to confirm the x-ray, write notes and sign medical certificate. Please im just guessing, so if you went through this or have any advice pls i will appreciate.

Also what is it with the flight booking i see, am i to book for my flight before applying for my Student Permit??

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by skibochi(m): 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
Hi guys, not to sound like a JJC i got interested in the thread as i plan to visit SA for my vacation, collinsfbi has been quite wonderful with information and thumbs up to him. Please what are the latest documents/documentations needed to get an entry visa for visiting? cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stone2x: 2:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
[size=15pt]@skibochi

just collected my SA vissa wit d docs below

1.bank statement
2. employment letter
recommendation letter from my organization
payslip
utility bills
hotel reservation
flight reservation
yellow card

wish u luck[/size]

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Akaraiwe(m): 5:54am On Mar 29, 2013
stone2x: wat do i need to take along to SA upon arrival please...
Your valid passport and visa,yellow card,drug/firearm free luggage,some cash or credit cards and lots of condoms!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kma(m): 9:52am On Mar 29, 2013
Good morning house.How is everyone.pls I need u all to inform me and advise me.I need to know what is happening.I am a medical doctor and I just finished my internship in Luth on the 31st of jan.I submitted a south african visiting visa application since the 20th of feb but still no response.the following were the documents I submitted.
1.My passport.got a new one to expiere in 2017.d last one was to expire in april 2014 but had to renew it as it has rusts from staplers on it and I need the new one to apply for a permit.the 2 old passports I attached both had a uk visa on each as I've been to the uk twice.
2.Hotel reservation from 15th to 27th april.I attached the paid reservation I did.
3.Flight reservation with south african airways.
4.Yellow card for port health authority ikeja
5.My letter of introduction I was given from the hospital when I was an intern.
6.A letter of refernce from my doctor's association in the hospital.
7.My 6 month gtb bank statement.
8.My payslips wen I was in luth.
Also my uncle who has been taking care of me for 20 years attached the following.
1.Letter of sponsorship on my behalf.
2.His company's bank statement with skye and uba and letters from each bank backing them up.
3.His personal account statement with skye.
4.his personal count statement with barclay bank in uk.
5.His Cirt of incorporation of his company.
6.His daughter(my cousin's) cirtificate as an extra evidence as she schooled in nelson mandela metropolitan uni,south africa from 2005 to 2012.this was to show that he and his daughter have been to south african on a number of occasions and have returned.

With all these,I didn't expect the visa will take long.I ve just 2 weeks before the departure date.pls I need u all to scrutinize the attached documents.I'm a bit worried I may be denied.they are all very genuine documents.
Pls u all should reply ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (938) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.