Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,738 members, 7,962,383 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 10:03 AM

Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? (62077 Views)

Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable / Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Worst Governor And Slowest Developing States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by zumarock8(m): 10:00am On May 25, 2012
Igbo_hater: Every other state governors are performing including the north but igbo governors are no where to be found. Smh

imediatly i saw ur name i knw u were a fool grin

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by vanunu: 10:01am On May 25, 2012
Rochas in less than one year is constructing not less than 1000 roads, Though I doubt whether he will be able to finish them. Perhaps, his most astounding achievement so far is the reduction in the govt. running cost, this is what sets him apart from other governors. Also he is paying the highest minimum wage in the country.

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by prettyrich(f): 10:02am On May 25, 2012
401kk:
Stop talking nonsense.

@OP
Akwa Ibom. The governor is performing above the average nigerian standard.
U r absolutely right! I score him 100.Kudos

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by INFO70: 10:12am On May 25, 2012
ortopazz:

pls o! Thatz stil a model talk o! He met d airport and as 4 the seaport tribalism wnt let him do it.

Sorry, Gov. Akpabio is not tribalistic . This is judged from his landscape of development
He is the best Gov. ever since 1960

Akpabio, 3000 Rural Projects and the Akwa Ibom People
By Essien Ndueso
It was John Quincy Adams(1769-1848) who once said that if your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. To Adams, the sixth American President, effective leadership occurs when a leader possesses the ability to successfully integrate and maximize available resources in line with the expectations of his people.
One of such ways in which Gov Godswill Akpabio has re-defined leadership to meet with the expectations of the populace, is through massive transformation of rural areas with life-touching projects .
Governor Godswill Akpabio’s resolve to execute developmental projects across the length and breadth of Akwa Ibom State using the direct labour approach is indeed a step to the right direction. The approach is yielding the desired results. In the past four years, over 3000 projects executed by the government so far through this intervention committee, have been completed and many are now being commissioned.
The current phase of commissioning which includes 717 projects was symbolically flagged off by the Governor of Anambra State Dr. Peter Obi, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives Alh. Aminu Tambuwal on September 23, with the inauguration of the ultra-modern Banquet Hall, three new guest houses and some technical facilities constructed at the Government House in Uyo.
Statistics of the projects spread across the three senatorial districts of the state indicates the more than 3000 projects are spread evenly across the 329 political wards of the 31 local government areas in the state, leaving each local government with about a 100 projects each. The projects include electrification schemes, mini water works, schools and offices blocks that have either been constructed or rehabilitated, medical institutions and civic centres, skill acquisition centres and motor parks. Others are agricultural facilities, fishing equipments, offices for judiciary officers, market places end so on.
Between June 3 and September 1, 2008 more than 191 projects initiated and completed, while 550 more were added between January 10 to April 23, 2009.
Similarly, the period between January 26 and July 1, 2010, saw more than 700 community projects completed and commissioned by the Akpabio administration for use by Akwa Ibom people, and thereafter the number grew to over 3000 with some communities which had never known of the existence of government, not just seeing government for the first time but also feeling the direct impact of government.
The bold expressions on the faces of Akwa Ibom people show how much they appreciate the courage, ingenuity, vision, steadfastness and the will power of Governor Godswill Akpabio in his effort to liberate Akwa Ibom State and transform it from its traditional Civil Service status to a viable industrial, economical and physical developed choice destination.
The projects vary from one local government area to another and are sited based on the prevailing needs of benefiting communities.
The inter-ministerial direct labour committee is the warehouse and transformational vehicle for the actualization of the laudable vision of the Akpabio- led administration in the area of rural development.
The Committee headed by the Commissioner for Finance Mr. Bassey Albert Akpan is made up of experts in various spheres of infrastructural development. among them are engineers, technicians, quantity surveyors, estate valuers and architects-all drawn from government ministries, parastatals and agencies.
Governor Akpabio’s government chose the option of using the inter-ministerial direct labour committee in executing the projects because it saves cost and is also devoid of bureaucratic bottlenecks.
Another advantage of the option, according to Mr Akpan, is that Governor Akpabio through the intervention body ensures that the projects are not only delivered on schedule but meet the quality. He emphasised that the current projects handled by the committee were better executed than some of those handled by contractors over the years.
The committee co-ordinates the projects; accordingly, when a potential project site is identified, members of the committee would evaluate it to ascertain the particular aspects that needed to be done. After that, the committee members would visit the various communities to find out their peculiar needs and recommend same to the committee.
Asides speedy completion of the projects, this approach also provides empowerment opportunities for the people of each community.
So far, the government has, through this option, been able to positively impact on the people through physical development of the urban and rural areas; hence, the encomiums that the communities have showered on the governor during the commissioning of the projects.
Governor Akpabio himself has assured that the momentum raise by this direct people-oriented approach to rural and community transformation spree will be sustained.
The celebration that has come with positive impact on the people through the community-based projects, has defied class, age and gender. This is because the numerous projects have impacted on all- the old and young, civil servants and farmers, artisans, men and women alike.
If as Steve Job puts it, leadership is about innovations, then history will definitely maintain an eloquently favourable epitaph on the progenitor of uncommon transformation in Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio, for electing a realistic and people-oriented approach to governance.

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by icerberg(m): 10:16am On May 25, 2012
fados4sure: Edo state is the fastest developing state in Nigeria and the governor is Adams Oshiomolem..
Reconstruction of all the school,
construction of six lane road with work way park way and drianage,
Diverting of storm water project( gully erotion) and so on..
Akwa Ibon been the state with the highest allocation suppose to be the fastest but, is the slowest developing state in Nigeria.

Where is the six lane road?
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by don33310(m): 10:21am On May 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Uduagan completed a functional teaching hospital and airport.
The governor did NOTHING in Delta,tell me the project he did and i will show you an uncompleted project,the airport you are talking about is uncompleted and the teaching hospital was 80% completed by Ibori,the governor would have abandoned that project if not for the influence of Ibori cos the project was located in his village.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by AnotherOkija: 10:22am On May 25, 2012
franky023: bulshit!...Amechi isnt beta dn Rochas...Guy be rational

Frankly, lets not even compare

Go and see Owerri Port-Harcourt road.. Both are tarred.. But the differences are;

Port Harcourt Axis; Road well tarred, drainages, divided into two, streetlights and soon to be painted with driving aid..

Owerri axis: Poor tar job, no drainages, no divide and when the rians come fully, would return to its status quo!!

ALL ROADS in port harcourt constructed under Amaechi all come complete with drainages.. In some cases the drainages are even underground!! Wait for greater port-harcurt to kick off... IMO STATE!! What a joke!!

Rochas is just 1 year in office, lets wait for him to catch up before we even start to count miles.. When Ekuemes like Amaechi, Apkabio, Sullivan and Fashola are talking, and Otimkpu like Rochas should not even be found in the same state talkless of arena..
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by SEGAD: 10:22am On May 25, 2012
megxo: u'r talking bout roads, y did he leave d road linking Abia state in such "sowie" state................
If governor is really working, i don't think the governor will waste public fund on publicty. Enugu governor is the best. My governor in Osun state and our dear Fashola make serious noise about nothing, like empty barrel. I think media hype is ACN main strategy.

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by purplekayc(m): 10:24am On May 25, 2012
Only if Donald duke wwas still around,, cry cry

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by illrhymes(m): 10:25am On May 25, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:

Have you ever been to Akwa Ibom state before and Uyo in particular or you just want to display ur ignorance and naivity on nairaland

God will bless you for dis comment....ppl just pass judgment unnecessarily, you need to go to Akwa Ibom state and see for yourself, that way you'll know every other governor is sleeping. Akpabio has already started the 2nd phase of the airport...bringing in intl airlines and constructing the 2nd runway. The road both in Uyo and other LGA's are neatly constructed....you hardly see a bad road in Akwa Ibom, free education, seaport, e-library,new govt. House, Tropicana etc. If I wanna go on, then I'll need a whole site to mention what Akpabio has done. The most interesting part is that he's so generous....he gives anybody that complains, he has single handedly empowered more than 1000 youths....that's why you rarely hear of crime in Akwa Ibom state cos everybody is smiling.....now every corper wants to re-deploy to Akwa Ibom cos they know the man pays well and even host visitors. Nuff' said.....I've been every state you guys have mentioned but I think Akwa Ibom is the deal.

2 Likes

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by shadrach77: 10:40am On May 25, 2012
my ranking / rating

1. rochas okorocha - imo
2. adams oshiomole - edo
3. raji fashola - lagos
4. olusegun mimiko - ondo
5. princewill akpabio - akwa ibom
6. peter obi - anambra
7. rotimi amaechi - rivers
8. sullivan chime - enugu
9. rafiu aregbesola - osun

...IN THAT ORDER cheesy wink smiley
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by dj187: 10:42am On May 25, 2012
It jst have 2 be governor amaechi of rivers state, the guy has achieved tremendously in terms of infrastructure, good & quality learning environment, good health care system with state of the art equipments, quality roads though some are yet to be comlpleted but work is still in progress, electricity, so wat else can the people of the state ask for, but i jst still have 2 give it up for governor fashola d guy is the BOMB.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by gulfer: 10:45am On May 25, 2012
Adamawa state is the fastest developing state in terms of .....................wait for it........................

You will see the answer after the National Anthem......... grin

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 10:50am On May 25, 2012
Peter Obi is tha bomb, bringing multi-nationals (Sabmiller and LG Electronics Plant to Anambra to revolutionize the economy of Anambra, which ranks 3rd after Lagos and Rivers. Creating enabling environment and needed infrastructure for pharmaceuticial giants Juhel, Emzor, Orange drugs that has already set their plants in the state and thereby creating the much needed employment.

3 Likes

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by dj187: 10:58am On May 25, 2012
The problems & challenges the states in nigeria are facing is lack of exposure, avarice, greed & lack of vision from the various state governors while decent, well exposed capable elites don't want to involve themselves in the messy politics of nigeria.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by berryjohnson: 11:04am On May 25, 2012
Leather hides for sale.

Buy leather hides for sale at wholesale leather hide prices. For use in upholstery, automotive, garment and all types of leathercraft.

http://www.leatherhidestore.com/

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Stainless444(m): 11:06am On May 25, 2012
seeing is believing! just take a day visit to akwa ibom then come back and share ur opinion

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by cowgurl: 11:10am On May 25, 2012
Fashola & Akpabio are my BEST Governors.

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by chino11(m): 11:10am On May 25, 2012
Of course Akwaibom has the infrastructure that can match Abuja anytime any day . Kudos to Akpabio

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Tinkybabe(f): 11:14am On May 25, 2012
Fashola it is..
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by niyivasaz(m): 11:16am On May 25, 2012
AREGBESHOLA........
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by megxo(m): 11:18am On May 25, 2012
SEGAD: If governor is really working, i don't think the governor will waste public fund on publicty. Enugu governor is the best. My governor in Osun state and our dear Fashola make serious noise about nothing, like empty barrel. I think media hype is ACN main strategy.
dnt fink u got ma gist
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by msb247(m): 11:23am On May 25, 2012
No one but the Chief Servant in person of Dr Mu'azu Babangida Aliyu (OON) - Talban Minna.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by megxo(m): 11:23am On May 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:

because Abia state is in a 'sowie' state. If they need good roads they should start from within.
mr globe, u funny wo.......... grin
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by nsiadi: 11:30am On May 25, 2012
Even though Enugu isnt an oil producing state the pace of development , since Chime came on board, is v laudable
He works & keeps working. I wish he will find little time to allow the press know of his achievements
If we are looking for the governor who has achieved most with little resources Chime has no rival
The quality of work is superb---all without exception. The fellow who succeeds him is blessed---going to rest!

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by okparadamian(f): 11:30am On May 25, 2012
Abagworo: If we mean projects, housing, education, health, electricity, and city expansion then Rivers carries the day by far.
why not d
elete Rivers nd add imo,bcus Rochas is don go far in 6months only.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by ifihearam: 11:31am On May 25, 2012
Keep wasting ur time
The governor of all governors is Lagos state.
Who can you compare to BRF
I am frm South south ooo
But BRF is the best
How many of the other states have IGR
How many can survive without allocation
Let's base our judgement from that angle
My question now is how many state can survive without federal allocation

2 Likes

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by bdabuwa(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2012
Gov.sule lamido of jigawa state is the best
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by AnotherOkija: 11:34am On May 25, 2012
okpara damian: why not d
elete Rivers nd add imo,bcus Rochas is don go far in 6months only.

Lets match pond for pound Rochas versus Amaechi on projects that have been completed by both (not on-going o) .. Start!

Even Rochas use ehn mouth confess of the awesomeness of Amaechi when he visited Rivers State!!
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by okparadamian(f): 11:35am On May 25, 2012
msb
247:

No one but the Chief Servant in person of Dr Mu'azu Babangida Aliyu (OON) - Talban Minna.
north is no were intence of development,but wen u talk abt boko, u ar dere
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by unclenna(m): 11:35am On May 25, 2012
Flyboy Zee: Most posters have been mentioning some names such as Godswill Akpabio, Rotimi Amaechi, Rochas Okorocha, Adams Oshiomhole, Sullivan Chime and so on. Don't dare to give any of them Lagos to govern, 'Cos the State (Lagos) will crumble and fail under them.

As far as I am concerned BABATUNDE FASHOLA is the man.

Reasons
Lagos is a City State. That is to say, the whole of Lagos state is a city on its own.
If you know what it takes to keep a city clean, spike and span, then you will understand my drift.
The challenges any Governor of Lagos faces is like half the total problem Nigeria as a nation faces.
Development, IMHO, is not just about construction, renovation and refurbishment. The ability to keep the economy afloat without Federal Government's allocation is a great job that very very, I mean very few Governors can do. They all look unto Abuja to do all those things you are shouting about here.
bring d seaports and containers to south south n east and force all oil industry 2 relocate 2 south-sth n see what lagos will look like.

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by RoadStar: 11:36am On May 25, 2012
chino11: Peter Obi is tha bomb, bringing multi-nationals (Sabmiller and LG Electronics Plant to Anambra to revolutionize the economy of Anambra, which ranks 3rd after Lagos and Rivers. Creating enabling environment and needed infrastructure for pharmaceuticial giants Juhel, Emzor, Orange drugs that has already set their plants in the state and thereby creating the much needed employment.
Look at how desperate u are to include this loosers name.
You've now resorted to listing the achivement of private individuals/sector as that of the governor.
This guy is the worst thing that happenned to Anambra since Mbadinuju

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Could Not Fill His Presidency Form . PHOTO / Police Open Fire On Lagos Drivers Protesting Agbero Taxes (pics) / PHOTO: This Police Signboard Has Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.