Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,083 members, 7,960,442 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (522505 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2012
Shavel: congrats on ur medical invite, get ur medical done ASAP. Oya Declare location!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2012
@ ebugirl

i was called by CDHC to pay tuition fees,please holla me at halamartyn@yahoo.com,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
ebugirl: Shavel: congrats on ur medical invite, get ur medical done ASAP. Oya Declare location!!!
thanks sis
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
umehmart: @ ebugirl

i was called by CDHC to pay tuition fees,please holla me at halamartyn@yahoo.com,

Sent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2012
J20: Please is anyone going to MUN? I just got admission for Undergraduate studies and I really need some information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2012
CodeBrain: @ all got my package back yesterday nd i was refused. so many flimsy excuses my pple ranging frm not havn enof financial support 4 my tuition fees after d amount in my uncle's account is over 20m, nd that i hav not convinced them of coming back 2 naija after finishn my course in canada. but d truth is that @ least i'm happy bin released frm dis hostage nd suspense.
But really, really it takes only God 2 get trv frm dose pple despite all doc or watever.
Bombshell rite! Haaaaahaaaaaaaaa, but life goes on o.
Let them watch out 4 me again.

It is well CodeBrain. I like the way you took it as a sportsman. Better days are just around the corner.
Did they just treat your case recently or are they clues to show your file was treated a long time ago and perhaps just kept aside while you were waiting all this while?

Some of us submitted months ago too and are wondering.....what's up?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kamloops: 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2012
Hi All. Is everyone intentionally ignoring my question? Or am I invisible? (HELLO) I have been asking if they are people in the forum that got called for medicals after 3-4 months wait?

PLEASE ANY ANSWERS?

Secondly, for those that got their application turned down after waiting for months, was it turned down just before release to VFS or it was turned down and held back in their office before eventually releasing to VFS months later.

THANKS.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2012
@galala123 i dont think people are ignoring your question, just that no one has an answer yet. SInce i Joined the thread late last year i havent seen any such person. A couple of years ago, that might have happened because cdhc took longer to process applications. But recently people get their medicals in 3wks+
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 6:45pm On Jun 29, 2012
Sir P!:
@galala123 i dont think people are ignoring your question, just that no one has an answer yet. SInce i Joined the thread late last year i havent seen any such person. A couple of years ago, that might have happened because cdhc took longer to process applications. But recently people get their medicals in 3wks+

Thanks a lot. I was beginning to wonder if my question was ignored coz it is silly.

My application has been with them for over 3 months now! I hope we will eventually get answers to my second question viz: if they intentionally delay returning the application package to VFS after refusal.

Thanks Sir P and all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:51pm On Jun 29, 2012
@lyf, my email is
earthgreeners@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
galala123:

Thanks a lot. I was beginning to wonder if my question was ignored coz it is silly.

My application has been with them for over 3 months now! I hope we will eventually get answers to my second question viz: if they intentionally delay returning the application package to VFS after refusal.

Thanks Sir P and all.

No body is exactly working with CDHC to give u accurate information.This thread is all about information on likely things not exactly but what i know is that there is a little change in the CDHC service regarding to medical call up,bf it takes months to call for medicals but now is weeks and know body knows why.According to ur qtn what i know is that if you submitted ur application through VAC,it will be return to them as soon as they are through with it whether refusal or granted,then VAC will contact you for collection.No body can tell you if they are intentionally delaying to return your application or not.Gudluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 7:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
Thanks Noswaa. I am aware that no answer on this forum per pending applications is cast on stone. Just making guesses and was hoping for a start to find some people who recently got medicals invite after months of waiting @ least to comfort those of us in that category!

I also hope to find out from those whose applications were turned down after waiting for months if CDHC actually worked on them after such a long time.

I read on this forum about an applicant who was denied after 3 days but got his package back about a month later.

Remember days of US visa denial Stamps in passport? Eventually the practice was stopped as people complained. If you deny me a TRV, @ least release my PP as soon as you deny me to carry on my other activities and explore other opportunities.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2012
galala123: Thanks Noswaa. I am aware that no answer on this forum per pending applications is cast on stone. Just making guesses and was hoping for a start to find some people who recently got medicals invite after months of waiting @ least to comfort those of us in that category!

I also hope to find out from those whose applications were turned down after waiting for months if CDHC actually worked on them after such a long time.

I read on this forum about an applicant who was denied after 3 days but got his package back about a month later.

Remember days of US visa denial Stamps in passport? Eventually the practice was stopped as people complained. If you deny me a TRV, @ least release my PP as soon as you deny me to carry on my other activities and explore other opportunities.

who is ur sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2012
Noswaa:

who is ur sponsor

Self. I paid 1 semester tuition initially and the tuition for the second semester last week as the whole tuition was due on the 27th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2012
galala123:

Self. I paid 1 semester tuition initially and the tuition for the second semester last week as the whole tuition was due on the 27th

your case suppose to be given adequate attention because the people the use to delay their application is those that are been sponsored by distant relatives,i dont know what could be the delay,i suggest you should update them with the second tuition payment receipt and inform them the reason why you did that so that it will not be as if you are desperate.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 7:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
My brother I tire oh! sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
shavel: thanks bro! Urs is on the way!
Congratulation shavel...you going for undergraduate?I hope to receive my medical call up this coming week in JESUS NAME too.
Everybody God will do it for us.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
GuudGod:
Congratulation shavel...you going for undergraduate?I hope to receive my medical call up this coming week in JESUS NAME too.
Everybody God will do it for us.
yeah! Undergrad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by monosetale: 11:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
I got denied a trv today †ђξ reasons where unbelievable
1)I didn't satisfy them I had enuff money to take care of my self over there after I paid over $6,000 per semester
2)I didn't satisfy them I would return after my course..like seriously I have just one sibling(my sister) and my dad's worth well over 120 million naira. And †ђξ third and funniest was that
3)I didn't satisfy them I was a bonafide student-i have a b.sc in physics but I'm going for a diploma in computer programming,have done N.Y.S.C
My questions are. Do I go for an appeal like my sister advices m̶̶̥̲̥̊̅̊e to do,will adding my dad's houses and lands docs Tell them I won't run away. My lectures starts by september 4th what can I do with †ђξ little time left
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 11:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
FYI-List of scholarships, grants and fellowships for international students:

http://www.scholars4dev.com/category/field-of-study/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 30, 2012
monosetale: I got denied a trv today †ђξ reasons where unbelievable
1)I didn't satisfy them I had enuff money to take care of my self over there after I paid over $6,000 per semester
2)I didn't satisfy them I would return after my course..like seriously I have just one sibling(my sister) and my dad's worth well over 120 million naira. And †ђξ third and funniest was that
3)I didn't satisfy them I was a bonafide student-i have a b.sc in physics but I'm going for a diploma in computer programming,have done N.Y.S.C
My questions are. Do I go for an appeal like my sister advices m̶̶̥̲̥̊̅̊e to do,will adding my dad's houses and lands docs Tell them I won't run away. My lectures starts by september 4th what can I do with †ђξ little time left

There is nothing like appeal for canadian embassy, what can be done is to re-apply and address d issues raised.
For no 3, I think they have a point. R u progressing or retrogressing? U hv a degree and u r going not even for a degree bt a diploma. If u have 2.2 I think u shld go for advanced diploma but 2.1 shld go for masters. If u r changing field, u shld tell them d reason why u r changing field in d cover letter.
For 1, is ur dad ur sponsor? How good was d account statement u submitted? Did u attach docs of his landed property if any?
I think no 3 is d major reason and once they want to deny, they will lace up d reasons.

My advise- get anoda admission in a related progressing field and re-apply.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 30, 2012
I hv a friend headed for seneca college dis sept n she has been given trv.
Please tell me how to send u a pm, I need to send u her no so dt u can also discus wit her cos she applied more than once before she was given trv.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 30, 2012
All these bad news r getting me demoralised n scared and coming frm ppl dt hv waited too long makes it more scary. Mtcheew.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 8:08am On Jun 30, 2012
@shavel,
Alhamdulillah! Maa-sha Allah. Congrats bro. smiley Go do ur medicals and wait 4 ur TRV(Insha Allah)

@galala123,
It took 3mths to get my medicals. It took Bashtee about 4mths+. cases are diff.so they are treated accordingly. I am a self-sponsor.

@monosetale,
sorry abt d refusal. mercylicious is right. No right of appeal but u can re-apply. The #3 reason is true. why going for qualification below what u've gotten?
The VO draws d conclusions from the third reason. Address the issues raised and re-apply. u gotta be fine.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 8:26am On Jun 30, 2012
newacca: @shavel,
Alhamdulillah! Maa-sha Allah. Congrats bro. smiley Go do ur medicals and wait 4 ur TRV(Insha Allah)

@galala123,
It took 3mths to get my medicals. It took Bashtee about 4mths+. cases are diff.so they are treated accordingly. I am a self-sponsor.

@monosetale,
sorry abt d refusal. mercylicious is right. No right of appeal but u can re-apply. The #3 reason is true. why going for qualification below what u've gotten?
The VO draws d conclusions from the third reason. Address the issues raised and re-apply. u gotta be fine.
ciao

Thanks newacca.

I am worried coz I have a Bsc and Masters, meanwhile I got admission for a diploma in another field!

Worst case scenario, will apply for another masters if turned down as an advisor from the school (Humber) advised me initially to go for a masters having seen all my credentials. Have not collected my certificates and have been quite apprehensive risking my life travelling up north for now coz of the security issues.

Will wait and see
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 8:31am On Jun 30, 2012
monosetale: I got denied a trv today †ђξ reasons where unbelievable

@ Monosetale, Sorry about that.

Was the refusal letter dated? Any clue if it was just treated or treated months ago? BTW, when did you submit again?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ritze(m): 9:11am On Jun 30, 2012
Noswaa:

No body is exactly working with CDHC to give u accurate information.This thread is all about information on likely things not exactly but what i know is that there is a little change in the CDHC service regarding to medical call up,bf it takes months to call for medicals but now is weeks and know body knows why.According to ur qtn what i know is that if you submitted ur application through VAC,it will be return to them as soon as they are through with it whether refusal or granted,then VAC will contact you for collection.No body can tell you if they are intentionally delaying to return your application or not.Gudluck

I have observed dos called for medicals unda 3weeks use there parent or self sponsored....if u are using a sponsor ie uncle or mentor.....I dnt tink u shld expect notin short of 3months.......my tot dou!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2012
@newacca, jazakumulahi khayran!....thanks bro! Hope ur treatment is going well? See u soon in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
Hi house. Please, is there anything wrong from using sponsors from abroad. My sponsors who are my brothers and sisters
live in USA because they are citizens. I am not a citizen, but I have been to UK and I have a valid two(2) years visa.
I work and also have approximately N1.5M in my account.
Again, my brother is already processing my green card although this is taking time. I have the documents for that too.
I am confused as I am still single and I have my job as my only tie so far in Naija.
One of my sisters who is a nurse in USA has an account of about N2M in Nigeria but there are always diff inflows in it but from different sources.
She has in USA too.
I have pictures and documents to show strong ties. Even, my mum is presently in US as a green card holder. But apart from my mum who is elderly, the rest have good jobs.
Please, will I be denied on the ground that my ties are not in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
@umehmart. I am attending Dal Uni too for sept. I was also asked to provide proof of payment of full tuition fee. But i don't know if its just the 9000CAD tuition fee alone or with the 8000CAD differential fee.

Pls, anyone who has passed this phase pls we need your advice. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by winwin123: 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2012
@codeBrain & monosetale: Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths. Its not over until you quit! (kindly share with us when you documents were assessed to enable us have a clue of what is happening in CDHC)

@shavel: congrat on your medical.

@galala123: The waiting is not funny at all. This is the 9th week counting. . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.