Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,092 members, 7,960,484 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (522514 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 4:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
@winwin123.... Not funny @all. 14 weeks now and still counting!

@newacca...thanks for the info. Some of us waiting for long found a lot of comfort knowing dat U still got called for medicals after months of waiting. Were U invited for interview or did you gate crash the interview?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2012
galala123: @winwin123.... Not funny @all. 14 weeks now and still counting!

@newacca...thanks for the info. Some of us waiting for long found a lot of comfort knowing dat U still got called for medicals after months of waiting. Were U invited for interview or did you gate crash the interview?

During last year,it took longer time to call for medicals but for this september academic entry has changed,almost every self,parents sponsored applicants receives medical call up within 1month of submission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by winwin123: 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2012
@galala123: mine is 12 weeks counting (28/03/2012)...self sponsor

@Noswaa & @newacca: ...Thank you very much.

@All: When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.
God is perfecting things for us.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2012
@codebrain and other that have been refused.last year I refused UK student visa, it was vey sad as well as disconcertain because I was the only one among all my friends and pple I know that has been refused visa to UK which is practicatly the most straight forward visa application process. I was obivously less informed at the time of my application. I was sad and discourage for a short while but I made up my mind that I will make the best out of the situation. Then I heard about canadian education and started working towards it. Now I have gotten admission and have applied for canadian study permit and by the grace of God I will get it.presently I am grateful to God that I was refused by the UK consolate. My point it is either reapply making sure that all the loop hole are covered or if you so desire try something else and ensure you have all the details, information and advice you can possibly get before starting because its not one road that leads to success. In all give glory to God and look for the good in every situation.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 30, 2012
@ win win, r u on bb? Plz add me on bb-
21F519B3 . Am self sponsor too n I applied 27th march.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by keth: 6:48pm On Jun 30, 2012
Hey Friends......
I want to share some tips that are highly useful for you whenever you plan to go on the travel....first of all you should need to checkout where you want to go online or in travel books before you go. that way you know to expect large crowds or maybe certain things are closed. also, knowing the costs of the places you want to go and approximate costs for lodging and gas will help you keep a budget and know where you can spend extra money.

Top Car Reviews
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 7:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
mercylicious: @ win win, r u on bb? Plz add me on bb-
21F519B3 . Am self sponsor too n I applied 27th march.
@mercylicious, have you received medicals invite? I applied 13th March. Self sponsor too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2012
@All concerning the refusal of TRV by CDHC its on the ground of ties to naija. I think what CDHC is looking at that critacally because most self sponsors are married and they are the ones they really respond to on the other hand they also respond to those that are been sponsored by thier parents.
and note that if u are filling thier questionier dont agree that u have anybody in canada. My opinion though.
but lets look at the bright side when you get here u will see that its just shakara they are doing because they know that nobody is coming back frm naija rite here there are alot of illegal immigrants.
And for stouville hopefulls hope to see u all here winwin newacca
@winwin pls send me ur number so we can talk I didnt go with my fone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2012
Noswaa:

During last year,it took longer time to call for medicals but for this september academic entry has changed,almost every self,parents sponsored applicants receives medical call up within 1month of submission.

When i went for my medicals last 2wks i met a trv hopeful who also came for his medicals the same day with me and we got chatting. He told me he applied to a school in New brunsweek to study immunology as he is a medical doctor. His sponsor was his uncle and he applied only 3weeks ago frm dat day he came for medicals. He even said the embassy called him that the money in his uncle's account is not enough and it was sorted out eventually...It was a long story as he told me but ascribed his early medical call up to God. So prayer is key !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
Noswaa:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
As of July 1, 2012, CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again when the revised FSWP selection criteria take effect. Proposed FSWP changes should come into force in early 2013.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 11:41pm On Jun 30, 2012
@ all trv hopefuls, I wish Us all the best of luck. For those that haven't gotten response after 3 months+ I pray that something good will come out of it. I now know how it feels for one to wait for so long. I submitted my application a month ago today, and it already seems like a year. I wish everyone all the best and I pray that we shall hear good news insha allah.

For those that have gotten their TRV but are still giving advice and explanation to the newbies on how to go about their applications you guys are marvelous and ways shall open for U when U get to canada (ways shall continue opening for those that are there already) insha allah, Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 01, 2012
Noswaa: As of July 1, 2012, CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again when the revised FSWP selection criteria take effect. Proposed FSWP changes should come into force in early 2013.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

I saw dis yesterday o, wat it means is dyt they want to tighten things. Well, I was expecting dt cos no one ois going to UK again. Everyone needs canada. Make dem wait make we all enter first.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 7:19am On Jul 01, 2012
[quote author=Noswaa]As of July 1, 2012, CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again when the revised FSWP selection criteria take effect.
Have u already applied or interested in applying? Trust me if u are a professional with good amount of years of work experience,there is no better time to appy than the due date mentioned. If ur interested i will give u all the details
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 7:37am On Jul 01, 2012
I saw dis yesterday o, wat it means is dyt they want to tighten things. Well, Everyone needs canada. Make dem wait make we all enter first.

@mercylicious...lol they are not tighening anything o! Canada needs as much qualified professionals frm all over the world that can immigrate to canada now. So they want to effect a new policy regime that would meet their economic and labour shortage needs and at the same time make their services more nimble n faster to their growing applicants.so the 6monts timelag b4 next yr is to enable them clear n treat all the old applications b4 they start recieving new ones
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kamloops: 11:37am On Jul 01, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 11:59am On Jul 01, 2012
Indeed you have, nothing can be said further. Remember peeps prayer works wonders.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bullstriker: 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
@kamloops
wow!that post of yours would be of immense benefits to prospective applicants.please i will need a sample of your letter of intent.thanks in anticipation.my email is-bullstriker50@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kamloops: 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2012
deja vu.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2012
CodeBrain: deja vu.

Deja vu
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 2:01pm On Jul 01, 2012
@ Kamloops. Thanks for the rich info provided.

Reminds me of my school days when you get afraid you will fail after hearing what your course mates wrote in the hall.

I will save the info you provided somewhere handy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 2:32pm On Jul 01, 2012
kamloops: [color=#006600][/color][b][/b]

@ all prospective applicants...

I am no immigration expert but let's just say iv learnt a lot from my experience, peoples experience, iv tirelessly read articles and gone through the website of the consulate, worked a little with the experts and thus I know one or two about immigration which I would like to share.

First of all no two individual applicaton are treated the same way. Two friends may apply on the same day but they are not likely to get their passports or instructions back at the same time. Basically, it takes between 3-6 months for the entire process. Some (like myself) are called for medicals early, after a few weeks and some are called after months. It depends on how well arranged and organised ur application is, and how fast an easy it is to verify all your documents and most importantly the grace of God (as your application maybe perfect but the consular not in a good frame that day). Thus, you have to pray hard and work hard...you should ensure that every detial is covered, from passport photograph specification to school document etc. I remember when I took my passport photo, I dint like the first set of pics and I went all the way to ikoyi to take another because of the quality and experience I know the photographer had. This is to say that NOTHING should be taken for granted.

Also, you should never apply late or too early. For instance if your school starts september the best time to apply is march so you wouldn't get the excuse of insufficient time or look to desperate by applying much earlier.

The whole idea of your application should be based on the fact that your a genuine student,'one who is progressive' by this I mean if you have a bsc you should be going for a msc, mba, ma etc not a diploma. A pgd is only ok if ur degree class is a 2.2 and below. And you should b able to demonstate that the pgd, msc, mba, mphil etc is the right course for you, butressing on the connection to your previous degree. (This can be demonstrated through your transcripts, choice of school, choice of course, your letter of intent, professional body membership, awards, work experience etc) just make sure there is a connection.

Well below is the list of documents I submitted:

1. All relevant application forms, family form, study permit questionaire, etc (which I typed and filled online)

2. Letter of intent (which I titled 'my story') this is a brief introductory about the applicant. It should be a one-two page typed intro about you, your motivation, academic succes, reasons why ur going for a particular course, why canada, little bout ur family etc. Keep it short, smart and brilliant.

3. International passport

4. Passport photographs (with my details written on the back) pls make sure it meets the specification, plus wear a nice shirt, not much make up, look good and smart. Like a student should. Neatly hold the photos with an office pin.

5. Police clearance certificate. This is done somewhere near obalende.

6. Final admission letter from school with evidence of fees payment- if required of from the school.

7. Transcripts from previous university or institution(original copy)

8. Waec, neco (yes! Include it, with scratch cards for them to verify)

9.Nysc discharge certificate (if you have)

10.Testimonials, certificates, awards etc

11. Your birth certificate (original)

12. "COPY" of birth certificate of your siblings OR copy oftheir intl passport bio data page. If your parents don't have passport or birth certificate u can put a copy of their marriage certificate. Same applies to you spouse or kids if you are married.

13. Reference letter from present employer if employed, also include payslip.

14. Affidavit of support from your sponsor which should be typed on a page and notarised. (Your sponsor is best if its a close relative like brother, father, wife etc.)

15. 6months - 1year bank statement. Pls just don't deposite a chunck of money in your account/sponsors account. They want to see the history and flow of income in and out of the account. And yes they do verify all accounts!!
Make sure it is recent, stamped and signed.

16. Personal bank statement (if it also looks good)

17. If you are self employed or your sponsor is self employed attach dovs like certificate of incorporation, tax clearance, company registration papers, form co7 etc. If you work for someone and your sponsoring urself your pay slip, reference frm company and bank statement I enough.

18. Be sure to add fixed deposit proof, landed property proofs, tenancy agreements(if ur sponsor has a house), deed of assigment, treasury bills etc

Pheww!! That's about it. Pls ake sure u organise and arrange all documents in an orderly manner, like how I listed them, so it would be easier for them to go through.

NB...you can also add a check list which lists all documents in application. The truth is not everyone will get a visa, some are granted, some denied. If not canada or any place would be chocked up. All countries usually have a quota which dey cannot exceed yearly, so make sure u pray hard and work hard to be granted.

All the best to everyone and myself. I have payed my dues.

nice one

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by winwin123: 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2012
@Sucre Cruz: I have sent my phone number to your yahoo.

@kamloops: Thank you for the detailed explaination. This will surely serve as a guide to forum members that have been refused and newbies.

@All: This is our month!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2012
@Kamloops, well said. Thanks for sharing the vital information and God bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2012
@shavel,
Baraqahllah Fihi. smiley Maa-sha Allah brova. smiley we gotta c in Canada(Insha Allah)

@galala123,
I was called for interview,immediately 3mths after my application and I was called for medicals 9days after d interview.

@kamloops,
2thumbs up for u. cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bashtee: 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2012
@Sucre Cruz
All concerning the refusal of TRV by CDHC its on the ground of ties to naija. I think what CDHC is looking at that critacally because most self sponsors are married and they are the ones they really respond to on the other hand they also respond to those that are been sponsored by thier parents.
and note that if u are filling thier questionier dont agree that u have anybody in canada. My opinion though.
but lets look at the bright side when you get here u will see that its just shakara they are doing because they know that nobody is coming back frm naija rite here there are alot of illegal immigrants.

I dont think the issue of ties to Nigeria is a strong factor, because they know that most students would not want to go back after study, they even made provision for post graduate work permit which you can apply for after completion of your program.they are even encouraging real student to stay and work after graduation.I think what they consider most is how you can take care of your self financially and your intention of coming, they dont want people that will come and start causing problems.If you can prove to them that you can take care of yourself financially and also prove that you are actually coming for study(the program should be related to your undergrad, what you do,the professional affiliation etc)you should be fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2012
@Bashtee,
what'z up?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bashtee: 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2012
@Newacca

Bashtee,
what'z up?

Am good broda, how is the treatment going, how many more months?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2012
@ebugirl, inbox me, shevy4real4u@yahoo.com......we need to chat
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by debosky(m): 11:35pm On Jul 01, 2012
bashtee: @Sucre Cruz
All concerning the refusal of TRV by CDHC its on the ground of ties to naija. I think what CDHC is looking at that critacally because most self sponsors are married and they are the ones they really respond to on the other hand they also respond to those that are been sponsored by thier parents.

I dont think the issue of ties to Nigeria is a strong factor, because they know that most students would not want to go back after study, they even made provision for post graduate work permit which you can apply for after completion of your program.they are even encouraging real student to stay and work after graduation.I think what they consider most is how you can take care of your self financially and your intention of coming, they dont want people that will come and start causing problems.If you can prove to them that you can take care of yourself financially and also prove that you are actually coming for study(the program should be related to your undergrad, what you do,the professional affiliation etc)you should be fine.

I completely disagree with this, from personal experience.

I know a highly intelligent, first class Engineering grad who was denied (despite having a partial scholarship) because of family ties at the exact same time I applied. We were in exactly the same position and he even had a better scholarship than I had - but he got denied while I got my TRV. This was about 8 years ago now.

While once you get that first TRV things become MUCH MUCH easier and no one really cares, for that first one they do care about ties to Nigeria, or they use that to reject an applicant if they can't find any other cogent reason to deny the application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2012
Good Morning All,

Wishing you all a great week ahead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.