Stats: 3,188,973 members, 7,936,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:25 AM

d - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / d (3991 Views)

Ejigbo In Lagos: A Town Abandoned By The Government. / What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' / Wikileak: Why Omisore Should Never Become Governor Of Osun State (2) (3) (4)

Re: d by PointB: 9:56am On Jun 17, 2012
Fhemmmy:

This is Mega?

Lol. You didn't get the joke.

Anyway, that is what his supporters would have us believe. Hehehehehehe
Re: d by Gbawe: 9:58am On Jun 17, 2012
@Koruji.

Bruv, you better wake up and see what everyone else sees. Have you not noticed that you are the only decent person in these sort of threads, concerning the SW, posting with 'omo ale' Yorubas foolishly cackling with these known and 100% established haters who now take pleasure crying more than the bereaved? I can't ever recall seeing you mocking the efforts of non-SW administrators but it should be obvious to you that you will gain nothing speaking to those hellbent on hateful negativity. Most folks here know you to be a good guy so I will advise you to join others who now ignore these sort of thread and leave omo ales and awon ako ti ile ta to discuss with the sly and treacherous creatures who cannot discuss the serious misrule in their States only to prefer a malevolent focus on the SW. Learn to leave certain threads to the usual divisive and hateful creatures because the entire forum now knows there mission that starts and end with giving a dog a bad name to hang it. Remember it is very easy for anyone to claim they live in Osun and "see nothing" under Aregbesola. In fact, I laughed really hard when I read this in the opening post that could have been writtien by Omisore or Oyinlola himself:
Such could be said of the then Governor of the state, the prince, that transformed Osun from a zero economy state to a state boasting of a luxurious standard of living.

It was the cue for any sensible person to stay away from this garbage thread written in a style to attract the losers and Vultures. Those who "live" in Osun must have had a day off when Aregbesola laid the foundation for one of the ambitious modern markets ( something "Prince" thief Oyinlola could never have conceived let alone be part of) below . Is it not how a known hater of Fashola and Yoruba folks , Edicolove, always negatively stereotyping an entire ethnic group , tried to fool the entire forum by dishonestly stating that Fashola has never carried out one single drainage project in Lagos when all I had to do to discredit such wickedness was to produce my own pictures of superb drainage work outside my own house in Surulere being carried out by Julius Berger? Abeg, bruv , learn to ignore the haters and leave them to turn threads into whatever satisfies their malevolence and hatred. Discrediting the article and picture below will now be a waking obsession for some here. What you will not get from anyone on this thread , including the omo ales, is praise for what is written below that "Prince" Oyinlola could never be part of simply because it would mean less kudi for him and his rampaging dogs who turned Osun into one big PDP 'owambe' zone. Rather you will see them in their idiotic glory having issues with everything else and even revising the real role a clueless administrator (Oyinlola) played to now portray him as something else.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=32561

Osun Begins Construction Of International Market In Osogbo

Governor Aregbesola laying the foundation for the new Ayegbaju International Modern Market in Osogbo

The construction of the N1.3 billion-worth new Ayegbaju International Modern Market in Osogbo, the capital of the State of Osun was kick started on Wednesday, with the governor of the state, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, laying the foundation for the construction of the market.
The government is partnering with a construction firm, Edward Property Consult Limited, to construct the market under a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement.
When completed, the market would have 770 open stalls, 392 lock-up shops, 80 lettable office spaces, 192 key lamps, warehouses, public parking, trailer parks, cold room, food outlet, medical centre, 24-bedroom hotel and mega shopping malls comprising of 100 exclusive stores and a cinema.
Speaking at the foundation laying of the market, the governor said that unlike what used to be the experience when genuine, but vulnerable or low income traders were denied access to similar modern markets, in the partnership arrangement, the interest of every category of traders have been taken care of.

According to him, the government has decided to bear the cost of the consultancy fee on design, technical drawing and supervision of construction of the market, with a view to bringing down the overall cost of construction with the aim of reducing the cost of rent and sale, saying, “this, we believe, will greatly assist the economically vulnerable traders in accessing the market.
“It has been structured in a way that traders, desiring to own shops and outlets in the market do not have to have money to pay at once. “The acquisition of the outlets in the market will largely be by the way of payment of rent for a period of six years, with an option to purchase thereafter and the rent will be deducted from the sale price.
“The market is designed in such a way that the low income and vulnerable traders can conveniently trade in the market. This is because there is open trade area of about 1550 square metres and there is also 192 key clamps to take care of the need of these categories of traders”, he said.
Aregbesola reiterated that the construction of the market is one of the markets the government is proposing to establish in Osogbo and other major towns in the state, noting that this is in a view to improving the economic, commercial and social lives of the people, as well as increase the revenue generation capacity of the state to be able to deliver necessary social services.
Assuring the people that the project would be executed in accordance with the stipulation of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), the governor warned all ministries, departments and agencies of government that are involved in the supervision of the project to live up to their responsibilities by ensuring that good and quality work is delivered.
While commending the governor for making the project a reality, the state Commissioner for Regional Integration and Special Duties, Mr Ajibola Basiru, said that with the turning of sod for the project, the vision of making the state a commercial hub is gradually becoming a reality.
The Managing Director of Edward Property Consult, Engineer Femi Oseniyi, promised that within the next nine months, the people of the state would be proud of the market, as it would be the best in the whole of the old Western Region.
Re: d by lateef4me(m): 11:55am On Jun 17, 2012
^^^

Bros,
When sir,are we going to see you post the 'achievements' of Aregbesola from punch,vanguard and thisday and not from silly osundefender ?
Re: d by koruji(m): 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2012
Thanks my brother. Indeed I stayed away for a long time. Sometimes Beaf just need to be held down and forced to take doses of his own medicine. grin

Gbawe: @Koruji.

Bruv, you better wake up and see what everyone else sees. Have you not noticed that you are the only decent person in these sort of threads, concerning the SW, posting with 'omo ale' Yorubas foolishly cackling with these known and 100% established haters who now take pleasure crying more than the bereaved? I can't ever recall seeing you mocking the efforts of non-SW administrators but it should be obvious to you that you will gain nothing speaking to those hellbent on hateful negativity. Most folks here know you to be a good guy so I will advise you to join others who now ignore these sort of thread and leave omo ales and awon ako ti ile ta to discuss with the sly and treacherous creatures who cannot discuss the serious misrule in their States only to prefer a malevolent focus on the SW. Learn to leave certain threads to the usual divisive and hateful creatures because the entire forum now knows there mission that starts and end with giving a dog a bad name to hang it. Remember it is very easy for anyone to claim they live in Osun and "see nothing" under Aregbesola. In fact, I laughed really hard when I read this in the opening post that could have been writtien by Omisore or Oyinlola himself:

It was the cue for any sensible person to stay away from this garbage thread written in a style to attract the losers and Vultures. Those who "live" in Osun must have had a day off when Aregbesola laid the foundation for one of the ambitious modern markets ( something "Prince" thief Oyinlola could never have conceived let alone be part of) below . Is it not how a known hater of Fashola and Yoruba folks , Edicolove, always negatively stereotyping an entire ethnic group , tried to fool the entire forum by dishonestly stating that Fashola has never carried out one single drainage project in Lagos when all I had to do to discredit such wickedness was to produce my own pictures of superb drainage work outside my own house in Surulere being carried out by Julius Berger? Abeg, bruv , learn to ignore the haters and leave them to turn threads into whatever satisfies their malevolence and hatred. Discrediting the article and picture below will now be a waking obsession for some here. What you will not get from anyone on this thread , including the omo ales, is praise for what is written below that "Prince" Oyinlola could never be part of simply because it would mean less kudi for him and his rampaging dogs who turned Osun into one big PDP 'owambe' zone. Rather you will see them in their idiotic glory having issues with everything else and even revising the real role a clueless administrator (Oyinlola) played to now portray him as something else.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=32561

Re: d by Gbawe: 12:33pm On Jun 17, 2012
lateef4me: ^^^

Bros,
When sir,are we going to see you post the 'achievements' of Aregbesola from punch,vanguard and thisday and not from silly osundefender ?

@Koruji.

You see, with the response above, proof of what I precisely highlighted when I wrote:

Discrediting the article and picture below will now be a waking obsession for some here. What you will not get from anyone on this thread , including the omo ales, is praise for what is written below that "Prince" Oyinlola could never be part of simply because it would mean less kudi for him and his rampaging dogs who turned Osun into one big PDP 'owambe' zone. Rather you will see them in their idiotic glory having issues with everything else and even revising the real role a clueless administrator (Oyinlola) played to now portray him as something else.

When some are beyond redemption, to the point of trying to ridicule something as big as this market project because of the messenger, then you appreciate what I mean that certain threads, with certain posters, are best ignored. You also see, beyond doubt, that progress for the SW is the last thing they want regardless of their fake Crocodile tears. Not even the decency to praise this (as I predicted) yet we see the negativity and cynicism that leads them to limit their talk to maligning Osundefender. What is greater proof that some are not really here to contribute positively or productively to debate? You will do well to ignore some posts and some folks.

Think about it. Would anybody, with any goodness left in them, especially those pretending to be on-the-ground 'patriotic' citizens looking for Osun's progress, not react along the line of "nice project hope it is delivered"?. Instead you get this response that confirms all I said and just shows plain idiocy and mischief given how we all know a 2 second search of the net will reveal that many reputable news sources have indeed carried this report enough for even a a mentally challenged person not to distractively make a project of this scale and importance about Osun defender.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/city-file/city-file/39533-osun-begins-construction-of-multi-billion-naira-international-market

Osun begins construction of multi-billion naira international market
FRIDAY, 15 JUNE 2012 00:00 REMI FEYISIPO
Osun State government has begun the construction of ultra-modern Ayegbaju International Market and Shopping Mall in Osogbo, the state capital.

The market, which was awarded to Edward Property Konsult under a Public Private Partnership (PPP), when completed will have 770 open stalls; 392 lock-up shops; 80 lettable office spaces; 192 key clamps; warehouses, public car park; trailer park; cold room and cafeteria.

It will also have social amenities like medical centre, 24-bedroom capacity hotel and mega shopping malls comprising 100 exclusive stores and a cinema.

Speaking at the turning of the sod in Osogbo, Osun State capital, Governor Rauf Aregbesola, declared the readiness of his administration to halt riotous commercial activities in the state with all their attendant problems through a more organised market system.

He said the revival of the economy of the state is paramount to his administration’s six-point programme in order to banish hunger and poverty in the state saying that the vision and mission of his government is to transform the state into symbols of everything that is good.

The governor attributed routine chaotic atmosphere that normal characterises markets to lack of organisation and proper planning. He said the proposed market would be a clear departure from the past tradition as its construction would be a positive statement of a new order different from the usual concept of market as a riotous place.

He stated that the plan of the government to construct the ultra-modern market was to make the state the commercial nerve-centre of the South-West.

“Part of our six-point Integral Action Plan is to banish poverty, banish hunger and banish unemployment. In realising the vision, it is imperative to make Osogbo, the State Capital, the commercial hub of the South Western Region.

“We know that creating a commercial hub in our state capital entails a lot of infrastructural development in terms of good road networks and of course markets of international standards that will be veritable place of exchange of goods and commodities,” he said.

Aregbesola said the Ayegbaju Market is one of the markets the government is proposing to establish in Osogbo and other major towns in the State.

He stated that this resolve was with a view to improving the economic, commercial and social life of the people and increase the revenue generation capacity of the government to be able to deliver necessary social services to the people.

According to him, one of the challenges facing our race is that of meticulous and careful organisation of our activities and in the area of commerce, this is exemplified by street trading, trading in shanties and setting up of stalls on road setbacks with the attendant evils of danger to human life, negative impacts on aesthetics of our towns and cities, distortion of layout plans and of course, making shopping a really excruciating tasks for the citizenry.

“It is our vision and mission to make this geographical space called the State of Osun a springboard of positive change to our race and as such embarking on this market project is not accidental but part of our overall intention of being agents of positive change. From the design of the market, it is clear that upon completion of the market, the ways in which commerce is being carried out here will have been positively impacted.”

Re: d by lateef4me(m): 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2012
^

Guy,
If you are not lying,it doesn't take long epistle to make your points clear and God knows I have much stake in Osun than folks and party loyalists like you who will brand me an 'omo ale ' because I refuse to see things thru your ACN lensed eyes .
Hmmmmmmm,o-gbawe, tell us the last time you've been to osun and let's compare notes from there .
Re: d by Gbawe: 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2012
lateef4me: ^

Guy,
If you are not lying,it doesn't take long epistle to make your points clear and God knows I have much stake in Osun than folks and party loyalists like you who will brand me an 'omo ale ' because I refuse to see things thru your ACN lensed eyes .
Hmmmmmmm,o-gbawe, tell us the last time you've been to osun and let's compare notes from there .

You are a perfect example of the cretins I advise Koruji to ignore. Do you see how, till now, all you pander to is negativity despite your hollow claim to "much stake in Osun"? A modern Market , one of a few planned, has just kicked off[b] under a PPP arrangement[/b] that will be a BOT model (build, operate and transfer). This, in itself, is very laudable for many reasons I won't bother explaining to pretend 'concerned citizens' like you.

Suffice to say your totally inappropriate pessimistic and distractive reaction , to a genuinely and economically transformational project for Osun, vis-a-vis the concept of drastic increment of IGR and overall per capita income, adequately reveals your mischief and agenda to the likes of Koruji who I consider a decent poster. By the way, drop the silly Lateef4me act. Some of us see through you and your routine mischief on virtually every thread. You are no more from the SW than I am from Katsina. It is very obvious.
Re: d by lateef4me(m): 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2012
God save your soul gbawe ,because u are beyond redemption !
Re: d by 999666: 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2012
lateef4me: God save your soul gbawe ,because u are beyond redemption !
Why don't you give it a rest buddy. He is obviously not interested in discussing with you.
This is a public forum for God's sake,find someone else to talk with.
Re: d by Gbawe: 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2012
999_666:
Why don't you give it a rest buddy. He is obviously not interested in discussing with you.

Thank you my brother. It is mischievous cretins like him hounding the best posters away from this forum via reproducing the general Nigerian malaise where the biggest empty barrels and most clueless fools, devoid of solutions, talk loudest, take charge of the ship and ground it with negativity and a penchant for witch hunting instead of a genuine desire to search for solutions.

The fool claims to be a concerned 'stakeholder' yet he finds it more expedient to be very negative, foolishly blaming the messenger, about very positive news regarding Osun's economic fortunes. Unless Nairalanders themselves rise up to protect the integrity and productivity of the forum, this place will simply remain a hate-filled arena of negativity , taken over by the criminal-minded bigots and deceitful element, much like our Country, that decent folks will turn their back on. What is seen on Nairaland is a microcosm of the larger National model that ensures the likes of Soyinka, Falana, Achebe, Umar et al cannot be accommodated in Governance while crooks and empty barrels hold sway everywhere insulting others far more decent and well-meaning than they are.
Re: d by lateef4me(m): 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2012

***ignores another ranting of mr epistle***
Re: d by PointB: 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
Congratulation Gbawe, after just two years as Governor of Osun, Aregbesola has laid foundation for the construction of a Mega Market.

All critics of Aregbesola should pls cut the rascal a slack! Do you know what is involved in laying foundation for a market? Yes O-market!

That market foundation stone laying is unparalleled. After just two years, Aregbe has laid the foundation for a market! I mean even though we see two stones, it is 'ground breaking' (again no pun intended.) I rejoice with the people of Osun state on this epochal event!

Wonderful.
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2012
With reference to the post above me, LAUGH WON RESTORE MY VIRGINITY O.
Re: d by Beaf: 10:58am On Jun 18, 2012
@PointB
This is funny stuff! Can you imagine Gbawe posting the pic of a single miserable block after two damn years? shocked
Thats how on the thread where he was challenged to produce evidence of Aregbe's "massive dry season road construction across Osun in partnership with Julius Berger and funded by 50billa World Bank cojones;" he simply started posting pictures of Ghana!!!!! grin grin grin

[size=14pt]Aregbe surely laid a single miserable block! All hail the great man!!![/size]
--Beaf violently bites his cassava bread--
Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! No be small sontin o!
Re: d by PointB: 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
Ground breaking, and history event in Osun state!

Laugh wan tear my belly!
Beaf: @PointB
This is funny stuff! Can you imagine Gbawe posting the pic of a single miserable block after two damn years? shocked
Thats how on the thread where he was challenged to produce evidence of Aregbe's "massive dry season road construction across Osun in partnership with Julius Berger and funded by 50billa World Bank cojones;" he simply started posting pictures of Ghana!!!!! grin grin grin

[size=14pt]Aregbe surely laid a single miserable block! All hail the great man!!![/size]
--Beaf violently bites his cassava bread--
Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! No be small sontin o!

I was using my phone then, I didn't see clearly it was just a single block! I thought it was even a corner stone. Damn!
Did he say he was building a mega market! That single block must be block-buster, judging from the size of the crowd! grin grin grin grin

Mega market?

I am not an expert in building, but looking closely at that foundation (without enough concrete support at the base), can this foundation support a poly tank? grin grin grin grin grin

Perhaps, it's for chicken shed! Mega market?

Let me borrow one of Beaf's phrase, "laugh wan scatter antelope legs!" grin grin grin grin

Osun begins construction of multi-billion naira international market
on quicksand! grin grin grin
Re: d by lateef4me(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2012
O-jigbijigbi ! .......lol
Re: d by dayokanu(m): 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2012
lateef4me: ^^^

Bros,

Now they have given you post from businessday instead of osundefender so what next?
Re: d by lateef4me(m): 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2012
What's next is for me to see the modern market with my two 'korokoro' eyes when I visit Osogbo in december or how far the project has gone with structures on ground ....
Re: d by dayokanu(m): 4:02pm On Jun 18, 2012
You said you wanted to see in a site not osun defender and you have it.

You want to see the market in December? No wonder you are used to voodoo politics from oyinlola and Omisore
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
Gbawe:

Thank you my brother. It is mischievous cretins like him hounding the best posters away from this forum via reproducing the general Nigerian malaise where the biggest empty barrels and most clueless fools, devoid of solutions, talk loudest, take charge of the ship and ground it with negativity and a penchant for witch hunting instead of a genuine desire to search for solutions.

The fool claims to be a concerned 'stakeholder' yet he finds it more expedient to be very negative, foolishly blaming the messenger, about very positive news regarding Osun's economic fortunes. Unless Nairalanders themselves rise up to protect the integrity and productivity of the forum, this place will simply remain a hate-filled arena of negativity , taken over by the criminal-minded bigots and deceitful element, much like our Country, that decent folks will turn their back on. What is seen on Nairaland is a microcosm of the larger National model that ensures the likes of Soyinka, Falana, Achebe, Umar et al cannot be accommodated in Governance while crooks and empty barrels hold sway everywhere insulting others far more decent and well-meaning than they are.

cant you make do without this MEANINGLESS british madness you call English?

South West Sells Out Southern Nigeria To Hausa/fulani As Slaves / Breaking News: Tribunal Rules Out Petition Against Rivers Governor, Wike / Anytime I Pass Through Ilorin - Jebba Road. I Curse PDP 16yrs( Pics )

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76