Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,116 members, 7,960,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 02:38 AM

The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. (2079 Views)

Igbo People Are The Hebrews Of The Bible ... 100% Proof / Salient Points From the Epistle to the Romans / Tithing Ended And Abolished In The N.T - An Exposition On Hebrews Chapter 7. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. by buzugee(m): 6:12am On Jul 03, 2012
GENTLEMEN, i think i may have cracked the case.So a couple of weeks ago i treated myself to a KJV bible. i am looking at it now and at the back of the book of hebrews it says WRITTEN TO THE HEBREWS FROM ITALY BY TIMOTHY. so there you have it, it wasnt appollos or barnabas or paul or whatever name yall came up with. it was TIMOTHY. wink
Re: The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. by danwo: 6:40am On Jul 03, 2012
buzugee:

GENTLEMEN, i think i may have cracked the case.So a couple of weeks ago i treated myself to a KJV bible. i am looking at it now and at the back of the book of hebrews it says WRITTEN TO THE HEBREWS FROM ITALY BY TIMOTHY. so there you have it, it wasnt appollos or barnabas or paul or whatever name yall came up with. it was TIMOTHY. wink
You are 100% right, Timothy was the writer however he was not the author. Author and writer are often interchangeably used though both words, really are quite different.
Re: The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. by buzugee(m): 6:54am On Jul 03, 2012
danwo:
You are 100% right, Timothy was the writer however he was not the author. Author and writer are often interchangeably used though both words, really are quite different.
HMMMM you dont say. all this time my whole life i thought writer was the same as author cry
Re: The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. by danwo: 7:03am On Jul 03, 2012
buzugee:

HMMMM you dont say. all this time my whole life i thought writer was the same as author cry
Well, the author and writer of the 10 commandments on the tablet is God but then if thought through another way, like who is the author of the Bible and who are the writers of the Bible, the author-writer difference becomes apparent.
Re: The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
Goshen360:

First I didn't say the book was "exclusively" written to the Hebrews. Maybe you misunderstood the context of my words. You know Christianity/body of Christ is made up of the Jews and Gentiles right. So what am saying is that, the book was "primarily" NOT "exclusively" written to the Jewish Christians who came to Christ but still considering Judaism. I also said, NOT only the Jews but all those who comes to Christ by faith. See the quote below and the highlights.

Second. I believe and can also prove to you and everyone that Paul wrote this book of Hebrews. Here is my thought:

Peter primarily ministered to the Jews ONLY that became Christians while Paul was primarily sent and ministered to the Gentiles ONLY who became Christians (Galatians 2:7 ). Peter when he wrote to the Jewish Christians he was primarily sent to and ministered to made mentioned about an epistle written by Paul to the Jews (2 Peter 3:15-16) different from Paul's usual epistles that are primarily to the Gentiles. Take a look at this:

And account [that] the longsuffering of our Lord [is] salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 2 Peter 3:15-16 Kjv.

This is the parallel line. "Written unto you....according to wisdom" in comparison with "As also in....". Read from different translation and see the sense that "this certain/specific writings of Paul" is different from his usual "all other epistles". Now, we all know the root of the Jews is Abraham who is called Hebrew and from which God's covenant began with the Jews. I also showed you a verse where God himself called Himself the God of the Hebrews. I did not say it was exclusively written to them but primarily because of the OT content of the Jewish people heavily drawn from. Am not arguing for the title here anyway because I do not query the names of books of the bible as deemed fit by the Holy Spirit.
i will like to chip in, though peter spent most of his ministry with the jews his concluded his ministry with the gentiles, to claim that peter was a jew only apostle isnt very accurate .
Thanks
Re: The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
buzugee: GENTLEMEN, i think i may have cracked the case.So a couple of weeks ago i treated myself to a KJV bible. i am looking at it now and at the back of the book of hebrews it says WRITTEN TO THE HEBREWS FROM ITALY BY TIMOTHY. so there you have it, it wasnt appollos or barnabas or paul or whatever name yall came up with. it was TIMOTHY. wink
this is a good one but it wont stand the light. History will reject it. Non of the early christains ever thought that hebrew is from timothy your idea will be treated as an unfounded theory because it doesnt have a source.
Re: The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. by buzugee(m): 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
danwo:
Well, the author and writer of the 10 commandments on the tablet is God but then if thought through another way, like who is the author of the Bible and who are the writers of the Bible, the author-writer difference becomes apparent.
semantics, my friend, semantics wink
Re: The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. by buzugee(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ubenedictus: this is a good one but it wont stand the light. History will reject it. Non of the early christains ever thought that hebrew is from timothy [b]your idea [/b]will be treated as an unfounded theory because it doesnt have a source.
not my idea Sir, i got it from the king james bible. at the back of the book of hebrews.
Re: The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. by danwo: 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
buzugee:

semantics, my friend, semantics wink
There is nothing semantic here. Its just like when you helped big momma write letters, you were the writer and big momma was the author, you penned big momma's thoughts etc on paper for her, afterwards then posted the letter. OK, notice similarly, how Timothy too penned the thoughts of the author by writing "I want you to know that our brother Timothy has been released. If he arrives soon, I will come with him to see you" There is no doubt Timothy was the writer of Hebrews however he wasn't the author. If Timothy were the author and not merely or only a writer, then it is absurd that Timothy is writing he will arrive with himself; when " our brother Timothy has been released. If he arrives soon, I will come with him" was penned.
Re: The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. by buzugee(m): 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
danwo:
There is nothing semantic here. Its just like when you helped big momma write letters, you were the writer and big momma was the author, you penned big momma's thoughts etc on paper for her, afterwards then posted the letter. OK, notice similarly, how Timothy too penned the thoughts of the author by writing "I want you to know that our brother Timothy has been released. If he arrives soon, I will come with him to see you" There is no doubt Timothy was the writer of Hebrews however he wasn't the author. If Timothy were the author and not merely or only a writer, then it is absurd that Timothy is writing he will arrive with himself; when " our brother Timothy has been released. If he arrives soon, I will come with him" was penned.
Ahhhhhh i see where you are coming from Danwo. Well in that case i am interested in the writer and not the author. In which case Timothy is the writer, or at least thats what it says at the back of my KJV wink
Re: The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:44am On Jul 05, 2012
buzugee: Ahhhhhh i see where you are coming from Danwo. Well in that case i am interested in the writer and not the author. In which case Timothy is the writer, or at least thats what it says at the back of my KJV wink
i guess danwo is saying that the words were dictated to timothy, he simply wrote another mans thought.
Re: The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. by buzugee(m): 12:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: i guess danwo is saying that the words were dictated to timothy, he simply wrote another mans thought.
AHHHH i see where you guys are coming from with this. OK so maybe he had the letter ( from someone else ) in his possession and then he rewrote it. thats the only thing that makes sense because if the person who was narrating it for him to write was there, then he could have given him the message verbally as opposed to dictating the letter and then referring to Timothy in the third party in Hebrews 13 vs 23

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Atheists Angry With God When He Does Not Exist ? / A New Month Message To Nairalanders / Will Anambra, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi And Enugu Ever Have Muslim Governors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.