Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,188 members, 7,960,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up (17320 Views)

Beware Of Another Civil War, US Report Warns Nigeria / Lucky Boko Haram Survivor Warns Nigeria..(Photo & Video) / US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by joshuaidibia(m): 12:47am On Jul 01, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Why not come out on national TV and say it naa. . .why is it during the convocation ceremony, which less than .1% of the population is aware of, he discusses it?

All this half assed criticism made from the pulpit of their "safety zone" means nothing.

A true hero. . .someone who is genuinely concerned will put himself out there and speaks the truth regardless of what might be at stake.

Until he and his ilk are ready to call a press conference and out-rightly condemn what is so clearly morally wrong. . .he should STFU and just stick to reveling in his sheeple worshiping in Canaan Land.

cos u r a muslim and he said the truth that boko haram is an islamic agenda you are castigating him...
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by REMMEI(m): 12:56am On Jul 01, 2012
ARE YU GUYS HATIN THE MSG OR THE MESSENGER?..SOME OF YU HATING ON THIS MAN ARE WORSE THAN BOKO HARAM..FINE,WE'VE ALL HEARD WHAT HE SAID BEFORE HAVEN'T WE HEARD OR READ UR KINDA COMMENTS BEFORE TOO?..NO WONDER SOME GOATS THINK THEY ARE CYBER CHAMPIONS...AND WHY CAN'T SOME OF YU GO TA NTA OR AIT AS A PATRIOTIC CITIZEN TA SAY WHAT'S ON UR MIND..

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by SisiKill1: 1:26am On Jul 01, 2012
I swear I love Papa's children.

Their earnest defense of the man never ceases to amuse me. cheesy cheesy

God bless y'all!
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Mafun: 1:31am On Jul 01, 2012
ASOROCK b: Break up the Best way to Solve all this Madness.

du u think its easy to break up?
Use ur brain nw.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by benjy32: 4:23am On Jul 01, 2012
Billyonaire: [img]http://ascology.com/news/thumbnail.php?file=Nigeria/David_Oyedepo_614665774.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]
Chancellor Covenant University (CU), Otta, Ogun State, Dr. David Oyedepo, has called for a complete overhaul of the nation’s security system against those he called ‘religious bigots’ scheming to Islamise Nigeria through repeated attacks on churches.

Oyedepo also urged the Federal Government to be more committed to the insecurity problem, failure of which he noted, may lead to disintegration.

“I want to believe that what we have on our hands today is an islamisiation agenda being propagated and sponsored by some religious bigots who are poised for war, and if government does not decisively stem down this tide, Nigeria may cease to be a nation.”

In his address themed: Towards the rescue of a nation on the brink of collapse: Necessity for a new generation of thinkers, delivered at the seventh convocation of CU at the university premises yesterday, Oyedepo said consistent attacks by the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram (Western education is forbidden) leaves much suspicion in its trail. He noted that if Boko Haram members are agitating for their rights as they claim, government institutions rather that churches should have been their targets.

“Now let us think: If Boko Haram, as claimed by some of their symphatisers, is fighting the government for its rights, the question is, is it the church that is depriving them of such rights? If the bombs in the north are just reactions to class oppression or poverty in the nation, why are mosques exempted from bombs?

He continued: “Did the militants in the South South, during their struggle, ever attacked worshippers in the mosque on Fridays? A lot of political hypocrisy must be going on here.

“Are there no Muslins in the West, South and East of Nigeria? Why are they not shooting at people in churches who gather for worship? Why are they not throwing bombs at Christians? I believe some individuals are simply without any other mission other than breaking Nigeria.”

He said insecurity today remains the nation’s greatest albatross, dwarfing other national malaise like poverty, corruption, unemployment, among others.

Oyedepol lamented that the Boko Haram phenomenon has cost the nation huge human, economic and financial loss, which the World Investment Report put at N1.33 trillion in foreign direct investment (FDI). He said despite huge unemployment in the country, the few existing institutions and organisations are relocating to neigbouring countries like Ghana because such companies consider security as key to their continued existence.

Oyedepo further cited the case of wars in some African countries such as Sudan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sierra-Leone, Liberia, Congo, Ethiopia and the ongoing Malian uprising, juxtaposing the causes and durations of such wars with the level of human loss and victims displaced.

The above examples, the cleric stressed, are enough to provoke Africa, nay Nigeria, to a new realm of thinking, noting that the black continent is yet to learn the fact that war does no one any good.

Oyedepo described those perpetrating the atrocities as selfish, self-centered with low self-esteem who fail to think about the consequences of their action.

‘The question now is, when would Africa start to learn her lessons? In spite of the gruesome data captured in this speech, Malians are still killing themselves today. It is not what we hear through lessons but thinking through what we hear. It is no what we see that equals lesson learnt but thinking through what we see. This is what I believe is the problem of Africa-inability to draw lessons from the things we see, hear and observe and even experience.”

Advocating a ‘stop and think’ approach to the nation’s malaise, Oyedepo further added: “The greatest challenge to Africa’s development is the underdeveloped minds of Africans. He (African) therefore becomes cheap as pawns in the chessboard of their benefactors. The mind of the Nigerian should be transformed into new mind that can dream new Nigeria into existence; minds that can resist indoctrination of evil.”

Dr Oyedepo called on well-meaning Nigerians, the academia to join in the clarion call for an end to violence and also help the perverted towards a new re-orientation.

“Until we solve the security problems, we may not solve the economic problems. If you kill for the sake of conversion, can that dead man be convertible? Rather, you have lost a God-like asset for your nation and lost an opportunity to live a better life.

http://ascology.com/news/local-news/25806-Boko-Haram-Bishop-Oyedepo-warns-Nigeria-imminent-break-.html
Look at him after stealing peoples money in the name of your satan u call GOD u are now trashing rubbish out of ur mouth go Bleep ur self oyedepo after hyptonizing ur clients called congregation.Bleep u NIGERIA IS ONE NATION INDIVISABLE UNDER GOD
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by dasparrow: 4:45am On Jul 01, 2012
drnoel:

has he said anything different from what we know or has he added any new knowledge to what we didn´t know about.

Not really but that does not change the fact that I support what he is saying. Whether what he is saying is old news or not is not the point here so let's not derail this thread with snide remarks since we are all adults.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by dasparrow: 4:46am On Jul 01, 2012
mai gaskiya: a stich in tyme

........saves nine I guess undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by dasparrow: 4:49am On Jul 01, 2012
Ma-fun:

du u think its easy to break up?
Use ur brain nw.

Ok, so let's stay together and keep slaughtering each other like cattle or hold a SNC and go back to regional government. One thing is for sure. We cannot continue this way as a nation. Soon the life expectancy rate in Nigeria will fall to 18 years of age.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by tothemax86: 6:10am On Jul 01, 2012
Doesn't our pastor realise that BOKO HARAM IS NOT AGAINST CHRISTIANS, IT IS AGAINST FREEDOM!!! MUSLIMS ARE GETTING KILLED EVERYDAY IN THE NORTH!!!! SOUTHERN LEADERS ARE NOT VERY ARTICULATE!!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by maybel(m): 6:56am On Jul 01, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Why not come out on national TV and say it naa. . .why is it during the convocation ceremony, which less than .1% of the population is aware of, he discusses it?

All this half assed criticism made from the pulpit of their "safety zone" means nothing.

A true hero. . .someone who is genuinely concerned will put himself out there and speaks the truth regardless of what might be at stake.

Until he and his ilk are ready to call a press conference and out-rightly condemn what is so clearly morally wrong. . .he should STFU and just stick to reveling in his sheeple worshiping in Canaan Land.
I dont know dat people like u still exist. Must u say something even if u have nothing to say? Pls, let us respect God. Even Jonathan (a politician) who is d president of dis country does not appear on national Tv on every issue. Besides,tv is just one example of electronic media,there are others. Honestly d way you reason terrifies me and to worsen d matter some people started ticking 'like' on your post. I know Oyedepo could sometimes be wrong and that's why he's human but in this case i dont think he is wrong. We have a long way to go in this country if people like u still exist.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by yvonnejoe(f): 8:38am On Jul 01, 2012
smileydaddy is ryt,y? I tot,was I d only 1 notin dis points?
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Fash20: 9:01am On Jul 01, 2012
WE ARE ALL NIGERIANS WE ARE NOT TERRORIST SO DONT LET US TINK ABOUT DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA.NIGERIA UNITED WE STAND REGARDLESS OF D DIFFRENCES IN CULTURE,TRIBE AND RELIGION.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by noiseless: 9:36am On Jul 01, 2012
Why is this man always talking as he stands not to gain anyting should the haramites have their own country and we all have ours?
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by mikolo08(m): 11:09am On Jul 01, 2012
maybel: I dont know dat people like u still exist. Must u say something even if u have nothing to say? Pls, let us respect God. Even Jonathan (a politician) who is d president of dis country does not appear on national Tv on every issue. Besides,tv is just one example of electronic media,there are others. Honestly d way you reason terrifies me and to worsen d matter some people started ticking 'like' on your post. I know Oyedepo could sometimes be wrong and that's why he's human but in this case i dont think he is wrong. We have a long way to go in this country if people like u still exist.

grin those ticking 'like' on sisi posts are retards and fools.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2012
Mandelaguy: He is not a politician,be mindful of your utterances else, if he releases a curse on you,you are finished. He is too dignified for you to try and raise issues about him...my advice steer clear fom destruction.

HaHAAHAHAHAHA! U honestly beleive that! shocked
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by T9ksy(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2012
mikolo.007:

grin those ticking 'like' on sisi posts are retards and fools.

I wonder the same too.

Am not a fan of Oyedepo but the man hasn't said anything that even a 10 yr old wouldn't

have come up with. With the rate BH are slaughtering their fellow nigerians, its just a

matter of time before the whole dumb contraption, implodes.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by swtsuny: 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2012
speak up papa! U are always on point.... We love u so much sir
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Onliie(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2012
alaoeri: Y bishop with all his spiritual power never pray since all these days for BH τ̲̅ȍ end?

Your statement is like saying 'why as God with all His powers not stopped evil from this world?'
You're surely a fool!
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by bombwar(m): 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2012
This bussines man is afraid of loosing members and students if Nigeria seperate,,,,,,,,,LOL
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by bombwar(m): 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
Mandelaguy: He is not a politician,be mindful of your utterances else, if he releases a curse on you,you are finished. He is too dignified for you to try and raise issues about him...my advice steer clear fom destruction.
Who is too Dignified,,,,,is he not a human being ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,abeg
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2012
See them....fighting ....
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by juman(m): 3:48pm On Jul 01, 2012
No to one nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2012

Oyedepo is a private citizen, and he is not even a politician. The man you elected cravenly announced to the world that Boko haram is a new reality you have to live with and he is still your president and Boko haram is still your reality.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2012
Its actually been a yl i replied.. I just read.. But d foolishness of nairalanders dis days is wat i am out 2 address.. Its actually seems most nigerian like 50% dont tink.. And 25% assume dey tink.. Cant u draw d line..? Its obviously 2 transparent now.. Every1 is takin dis 2 personal nw.. Are U GOD 2 pass judgement.. ? Dont u tink of oda causes must it always b religious? Is it now 2 dat black r ignorant & selfish? instead of solvin problem choose vengeance.. If @ all u r religious.. Do u act accordin 2 d Holy Scriptures.. 4 God sake all dey want is 4 ppl 2 kip stainin their hands. They r Muslims; those who bear d name and dos who actually r.. If u tink u r still human or God fearing, dont take dis personal.. Sit back and tink clear, Probably wif 7up. Wit an unbias mind.. What r dis ppl up 2.. Who r they.. wake up b4 d devil make u his companion kip ur hands and mouth clean kip ur head workin.. Respect.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by SisiKill1: 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
Errr. . .the last I checked, Oyedepo is a PROLIFIC CHRISTIAN LEADER

CHRISTIANS [/b]are being murdered and their [b]CHURCHES burned down

So what is this nonsense about him being a private citizen thus exempted from standing up for what's right?

When you get to a position like Oyedepo's there is a certain responsibility that comes with it. If the Martin Luther King Juniors, Al Sharptons (even though I can't stand him) and Jesse Jacksons of the world sat on their fat asses in their cosy mansions making half assed criticism instead of going out there, marching with the people who look up to them because of their position and demanding that justice be done where there is an injustice . . .where would the African American community be today? Abegi!!

Anyway, that's not why I am posting today. . .I want to apologize for what I wrote in my first post. I shouldn't have written that Oyedepo should STFU for making his statement during a far out of the way convocation ceremony instead of coming out openly in the spirit of Real honest to Goodness Activism. I realize now that he couldn't have done that. . .after all doing so would put him at loggerheads with the politicians who by virtue of attending his church (once in a while) gives him and the church the prestige they so desperately seek.

How can he stand on the pulpit and brag about the politicians who was just here last night, last week or last month, if he by offending them they no longer send him? How will he be able to revel the congregation with stories about having lunch with the President or governor or senator just before coming for the night vigil service, if he alienates them? See these are the things I didn't put in mind before making that comment. I can see clearly now, the rain is gone (ooh, I love that song ehn... cheesy) and I know where I've erred.

So it is with all the humility I possess that I ask you all to forgive me. embarassed

Shall we hug it out?

Now let's end it the Winners way - PEEEEEEEEEEEEACE!!!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by xtayle(m): 1:56am On Jul 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I swear I love Papa's children.

Their earnest defense of the man never ceases to amuse me. cheesy cheesy

God bless y'all!

A psychological evaluation of your hatred towards Dr. Oyedepo wld definitely reveal that you are not happy that he's a successful Pastor. Especially that he preaches Prosperity and showcases it in his personal life angers u because you strongly feel he's deceiving his followers and extorting money from them. You are delusioned and suffering Psychosis.

Let me tell you this, the reason you believe in deception is because your mentor, Mohammed (peace cannot possibly be upon him) is a deceiver. He deceived over 1 billion Muslims worlwide to think that Allah, His ancestors' Idol is God. Allah does not mean God. In arabic language, it means “the god”. The arabic word for God is illah. That’s why u say “la illah il Allah” meaning “no god but Allah” Allah existed before Mohammed. His grand father worshiped Allah. The grand father of Mohammed (Abdul Muttalib) named his son, AbdAllah(meaning the servant of Allah). AbdAllah is the father of Mohammed and he’s “servant of Allah”. More like Sangodeyi, Ogungbemi etc. Allah was one of the over 360 idols housed in the Kaaba. Mohammed came and dislodged all others and left only “the god” (the black stone).

There’s also Allat(meaning “the goddess”) She is mentioned in the Qur’an (Sura 53:19), pre-Islamic Arabs considered her as one of the daughters of Allah along with Manāt and al-‘Uzzá. The shrine and temple dedicated to Allat in Taif was demolished by Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, on the orders of Mohammed (trying to cover up on his claim that allah has no child), during the Expedition of Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, in the same year as the Battle of Tabuk.

So if Allah ("the god"wink dates back to Mohammed’s grand father (pre-islamic era) and has a female counterpart (Allat) believed by pre-islamic arabs to be one of the daughters of Allah, then you and your fellow Muslims are worshiping Satan.

That's why its easy for you to believe Dr. Oyedepo may be deceiving Pple and you habour a sociopath hatred for his person. You need deliverance
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by SisiKill1: 2:54am On Jul 02, 2012
^^^^Brilliant!!!

Rotflmao!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Errr. . .the last I checked, Oyedepo is a PROLIFIC CHRISTIAN LEADER

CHRISTIANS [/b]are being murdered and their [b]CHURCHES burned down

So what is this nonsense about him being a private citizen thus exempted from standing up for what's right?

When you get to a position like Oyedepo's there is a certain responsibility that comes with it. If the Martin Luther King Juniors, Al Sharptons (even though I can't stand him) and Jesse Jacksons of the world sat on their fat asses in their cosy mansions making half assed criticism instead of going out there, marching with the people who look up to them because of their position and demanding that justice be done where there is an injustice . . .where would the African American community be today? Abegi!!

Anyway, that's not why I am posting today. . .I want to apologize for what I wrote in my first post. I shouldn't have written that Oyedepo should STFU for making his statement during a far out of the way convocation ceremony instead of coming out openly in the spirit of Real honest to Goodness Activism. I realize now that he couldn't have done that. . .after all doing so would put him at loggerheads with the politicians who by virtue of attending his church (once in a while) gives him and the church the prestige they so desperately seek.

How can he stand on the pulpit and brag about the politicians who was just here last night, last week or last month, if he by offending them they no longer send him? How will he be able to revel the congregation with stories about having lunch with the President or governor or senator just before coming for the night vigil service, if he alienates them? See these are the things I didn't put in mind before making that comment. I can see clearly now, the rain is gone (ooh, I love that song ehn... cheesy) and I know where I've erred.

So it is with all the humility I possess that I ask you all to forgive me. embarassed

Shall we hug it out?

Now let's end it the Winners way - PEEEEEEEEEEEEACE!!!!!! cheesy cheesy

Apology accepted! Lesson for all:- (Think before you talk, and don't talk before thinking.) Else, you'll only display how foolish you are.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by princeada: 11:57am On Jul 02, 2012
Elijah of our generation.

Fire has started consuming them one one.Instruments of death and diseases have commenced visitations on sponors of sympathizers Boko Haram elements.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
princeada:
Elijah of our generation.

Fire has started consuming them one one.Instruments of death and diseases have commenced visitations on sponors of sympathizers Boko Haram elements.
Yes bro! Yesterday's P.Point... God is at work.
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by SisiKill1: 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2012
kunletiwoo:

Apology accepted! Lesson for all:- (Think before you talk, and don't talk before thinking.) Else, you'll only display how foolish you are.

Thank you!!

I guess it is true what they say about Winner's Members!! smiley
Re: Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 03, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Thank you!!

I guess it is true what they say about Winner's Members!! smiley
And what was it you've heard about Us?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 92nd Birthday Today / INEC Denying Atiku Access To Electoral Materials - PDP / Military Loses N4.8bn Weapons In North-east Since January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.