Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,238 members, 7,936,805 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:15 AM

Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- (1932 Views)

Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” / Jesus Did Not Die To Forgive You Of Your Sins / Jesus Did Not Die For Everybody. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by emofine2(f): 9:28am On Jul 04, 2012
Ajufinz,

Thanks for the patronizing suggestion but I have no urgency in asking Jesus himself when it’s recounted in his “word” aka the bible.
But I do not mean to purposely tread on anybodies sensibilities or even faith although I admit sometimes I'm guilty of both and to that I sincerely apologies but it was not my intent.
However it is an insult to my own sensibility and belief to accept this message of Christ's redeeming blood through his alleged sacrifice.

I am made to feel guilty for indirectly supposedly causing the death of another and thus I am indebted to this person.
By accepting this “gift” there is blood on my hands but that is ok because this blood apparently absolves me of my sins – which ethically is supposed to be my own responsibility and not offloaded to another.
Even before accepting this "gift" I am made to believe that I am responsible for Christ’s death even though this figure died way before I was born (and if I was consulted in this decision or had a say at all I would have been against Christ’s death and would have even lent support in stopping this human sacrifice).

But the most strangest thing of all is that this often told story of a life being sacrificed is somehow blunted by the temporary death and resurrection of the same life offered. Now I do wonder if Jesus had no foreknowledge of his resurrection or if his death was to be permanent would he still have willingly offered himself as a sacrifice.
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 04, 2012
John 10

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father —and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life —only to take it up again. [size=18pt]18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”[/size]
Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by Heathen(m): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2012

Re: Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- by ajufinz(m): 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
@emöfine2
Thanks for your kind submission.
May I add here by maintaining that the Whole redemption thing is foolishness to the human mind... And obviously remains so.
Jesus' death, if it was without rescurrection would have been useless... JOHN 10:18 as the above poster rightly quoted showed that Jesus was obeying His Father's orders, which is another bowl of contention on it's own.
However, my little knowledge and experience with this Jesus is to me a mystery and I yet don't know how to prefectly explain. Jesus, I know never imposes Himself on anyone. It's of my freewill I've given to following Him, having accepted His call to 'whosoever' beliefs.... Matt. 11:28
My Dear, with all my human limitations and inhibitions I have come to my last bus stop as to how my life most go. In the face of my many logical submissions as to WHY Jesus (John14:1-6) I heard a voice soft and clear in my ear 'I have nothing to do with a 'man' who runs his life....' 2003.
Now I know better because I have grown in this 'FOOLISHNESS'. He still leads the way for me and a many other foolish believers who dare to follow.
Cheers!

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (part Two) / Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive / HELP!..,...I Don't Want To Become An Athiest!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.