Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

The Outsiders Test For Faith: Stepping Outside The Box - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Outsiders Test For Faith: Stepping Outside The Box (3523 Views)

Pastor Penuel Mnguni Stepping On His Members (Photos) / Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church / Jesus’ Test For Faith. Have You Tested Your Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Outsiders Test For Faith: Stepping Outside The Box by MrAnony1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
ea7: @mranony sorry for calling u annoying, some insect on this thread was bugging me.

The test requires us to be objective and assume a few things, some of which is that we exist and reality works as advertised. Have you even taken it, this is the problem with you guys. All bluster, no matter how much fanfiction there is to explain the workings of harry potter and make it consistent with our world, it's still fiction.
Dude, I simply can't take an English literature test that expects me to give mathematical answers. A test that limits itself to physicality cannot possibly test the supernatural.

Martian:
You know your five senses are working properly because you use them everyday to smell, feel, touch, hear and see. If you can't do any of that at a satisfactory level then your senses are not working properly. Other than those five, do you have any other senses? Those five are how we all percieve the world unless you evolved and now have more senses than those five. If so, you should say how they work.
they are also some people who list up to 9 senses, but they all have to do with our physical nature and none of them can sense your supernatural.

I can also tell you i know God exists because I pray everyday and He inspires me everyday but you will reject that. You do not know your senses are working properly (even if there were 20 of them). You just trust them without question, you will never know if you really exist and you are are not a figment of someone's imagination somewhere. You just take these things for granted.
But yet you feel authorized to judge all existence based on a tool you can't truly account for.
Re: The Outsiders Test For Faith: Stepping Outside The Box by mazaje(m): 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
Mr_Anony:
[b]I can also tell you i know God exists because I pray everyday and He inspires me everyday but you will reject that. [/b]You do not know your senses are working properly (even if there were 20 of them). You just trust them without question, you will never know if you really exist and you are are not a figment of someone's imagination somewhere. You just take these things for granted.
But yet you feel authorized to judge all existence based on a tool you can't truly account for.

So your god exist because you pray and he inspires you everyday?. . . .I laugh in koine greek. . .
Re: The Outsiders Test For Faith: Stepping Outside The Box by MrAnony1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2012
mazaje:

So your god exist because you pray and he inspires you everyday?. . . .I laugh in koine greek. . .
Oh so it's now laughter time. ..........I also laugh with you in kione greek
Re: The Outsiders Test For Faith: Stepping Outside The Box by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I can also tell you i know God exists because I pray everyday and He inspires me everyday but you will reject that. You do not know your senses are working properly (even if there were 20 of them). You just trust them without question, you will never know if you really exist and you are are not a figment of someone's imagination somewhere. You just take these things for granted.

You've officially gone off the deep end.
Re: The Outsiders Test For Faith: Stepping Outside The Box by ea7(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Dude, I simply can't take an English literature test that expects me to give mathematical answers. A test that limits itself to physicality cannot possibly test the supernatural.

How strange, when mormons have visions christians label it wishful thinking.
Re: The Outsiders Test For Faith: Stepping Outside The Box by mazaje(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
ea7: How strange, when mormons have visions christians label it wishful thinking.

When muslims have visions christians try to use natural explanations to explain such visions or label it as wishful thought, but some how god inspires them and because they pray every day is reason enough for knowing that their god exist. . .Do these people really read what they type before posting at all?. . .I laugh in koine greek. . .
Re: The Outsiders Test For Faith: Stepping Outside The Box by MrAnony1(m): 7:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
Martian:

You've officially gone off the deep end.
.........and how do you know for sure where the deep end is? (lol, kidding) This is what you get when you truly think outside ea7's box.
Re: The Outsiders Test For Faith: Stepping Outside The Box by DeepSight(m): 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2012
Martian:

You, outwit who? Maybe the people around you and the siblings you mesmerize with your word play who can't quite tell you how ridiculous your ideas are because they hold similar inanities as worldviews. . There is no contradiction about ideas and thoughts existing as products of processes in a physical brain. I already used anencephaly as an example and you didn't have anything to say but ask questions about the cerebrum and cerebellum. The other readers who agree with you are mostly theists so that's no skin off my back because they already believe in a variation of your silly superstitous ignorant clap trap.

Now, you describe your "non physical" world where ideas and thoughts exist independent of brains. Try not to be inchoate, but that's impossible, isn't it?

It is ok for me, and I am satisfied with the position being that you - an adamant materialist, admit the existence of non material things, even if you say they come from physical things.

the siblings you mesmerize with your word play who can't quite tell you how ridiculous your ideas are because they hold similar inanities as worldviews. .

I have mentioned in passing a number of times that my siblings are pentecostal and that i do debate with them, but this is no reason for you to begin to take swipes at people you do not know or even interact with in any form. That's very unsporting and most ungentlemanly. Thank you very much.
Re: The Outsiders Test For Faith: Stepping Outside The Box by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
Deep Sight:

It is ok for me, and I am satisfied with the position being that you - an adamant materialist, admit the existence of non material things, even if you say they come from physical things.
I have mentioned in passing a number of times that my siblings are pentecostal and that i do debate with them, but this is no reason for you to begin to take swipes at people you do not know or even interact with in any form. That's very unsporting and most ungentlemanly. Thank you very much.

Tell that crap to your siblings. Their beliefs include things like your ideas of " non physical" things, so they should be a credulous audience for you. They are Pentecostals after all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience As A Deist / The Spiritual Implication Of The Eclipse Of America. The Great American Eclipse. / Pastor Chris Storms His Hometown With His Private Jet For A Convention (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.