Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,982 members, 7,963,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 06:16 AM

Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan (18912 Views)

Jonathan Bans Gmb From Receiving International Visitors And Guests Till May 29 / Pictures Of Buhari Receiving Congratulatory Call From Jonathan / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by PhysicsQED(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
ifihearam: Mr physics
It will shock you to know that I knw very much of what transpires in edo state,should in case you were not born then,pls ask your father he will tell you how igbins divided the palace chiefs and bought some to himself. The ridicule the oba has suffered from igbins is immeasurable.

Igbins has no regard for the oba and yet the gods have not struck him

The same Lucky Igbinedion was accused by some people of overpraising the Oba and tacitly elevating him above other traditional rulers from other parts of Edo state because of a speech he gave.

The Oba walked to the court as he did not because someone "blocked his car" but out of contempt for and displeasure at the action of calling him to court over the actions of someone else (a Benin chief made his own declarations of support for Lucky's rival and called for others to support that candidate for governor).
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ifihearam: 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
@physics
A question for you

Who crowns a kinng?
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
It will shock you to know that I knw very much of what transpires in edo state,should in case you were not born then,pls ask your father he will tell you how igbins divided the palace chiefs and bought some to himself. The ridicule the oba has suffered from igbins is immeasurable.

Money pass juju.Igbinedion has been impersonating the oba for a long time and the oba cant do shiit to him.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by london2lasgidi(m): 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ok, the gods aren't powerful but so also is Jesus...

How many churches have been bombed yet Jesus has refused to act? lmao....

If the gods are dead, then Jesus must be a lame duck joke. His slaves keep getting killed like chickens by bombs yet the blonde man has refused to act lmao.

Get over this already kmt.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by PhysicsQED(m): 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
ifihearam: @physics
A question for you

Who crowns a kinng?

The Oliha of Benin crowns the Oba. I don't know how other kings are crowned elsewhere.

Now a question for you

Who feeds you when you run out of grass??

5 Likes

Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ifihearam: 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
@hysics
You be complete mugu
Who is referring to lucky
I am talking about the Esama of the universe
The only esama that place the oba under his feet
The esama that told the whole world he is the oba of benin
The same esama that made the so called oba trek from the court to the palace with tears on his face
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ifihearam: 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2012
@london2lasgidis
You doom is nigh
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by honeric01(m): 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
~Bluetooth:

He was suspended and later RECALLED to the palace.Haha money pass juju grin the gods are not smiling.

Symptoms, symptoms
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by london2lasgidi(m): 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
ifihearam: @london2lasgidis
You doom is nigh

Tell Jesus I said fukk him.

If you can respect a white blonde with blue eyes, why can't you respect your own tradition, simpleton?
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2012
I laugh at those who think that any Nigerian president has REAL powers to depose an Oba of Benin.
His throne is one of FEW real traditional thrones in Nigeria. His office is not contested.
Anyone who thinks he can try to remove him is welcome to try! lol

The Oba had every right to defer to the spirits that guide him. I may not worship the same spirits, but I revere folks who are guided by spirits rather that those guided by lucre. cool

1 Like

Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by PhysicsQED(m): 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
ifihearam: @hysics
You be complete mugu
The same esama that made the so called oba trek from the court to the palace with tears on his face

The same Esama that sent people to go and beg the Oba for forgiveness? grin grin That's who you're referring to? Maybe you're referring to him because you're an id1ot and you don't keep up with those events in Edo state that you don't like.

1 Like

Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Beaf: 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2012
In my opinion, it is better for this matter to be dropped, because the two sides engaging vigorously in arguments are only worsening matters.

I predicted over the weekend, that come Monday, we would hear a rebutal from the Oba, because the matter was being used by ACN as a primitive, reckless and shameless lever to cause embarrassment, for GEJ.
Predictably, their foolishness has instead, splashed stains of a faecal kind on the aura of the entire Benin Royalty, especially the reverred Oba Erediauwa, Omo N'Oba N'Edo Uku Akpolokpolo. It is an abomination.

For every power, there is superior power. Let us be appreciative that both the might of the Federal Executive and the traditional authority of the Benin Palace are being wielded by calm, wise heads.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ACM10: 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2012
Onlytruth: I laugh at those who think that any Nigerian president has REAL powers to depose an Oba of Benin.
His throne is one of FEW real traditional thrones in Nigeria. His office is not contested.
Anyone who thinks he can try to remove him is welcome to try! lol

The Oba had every right to defer to the spirits that guide him. I may not worship the same spirits, but I revere folks who are guided by spirits rather that those guided by lucre. cool

Though the president does not have power to dethrone him since his power is derived from traditional source. But he has the power to diminish his influence or even make things difficult for him. I remember when Gov. Chimaroke Nnamani had problem with Igwe of Nara Unateze in Nkanu. He devised an ingenious way to reduce his influence and prestige by dividing his kingdom into fragments and recognizing pretenders to the thrones as the trditional rulers of autonomous communities from those fragments. At the end of the day, the real Igwe was controlling only a small portion of what was once his dominion, surrounded by other hostile Igwes of the autonomous communities.

1 Like

Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bakila: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Nwokem, you are toying with madness.. Becareful lest you become a performer in the market.. The Gods are wise..

Electricity 13hours a day, please.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bakila: 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACM10:

Though the president does not have power to dethrone him since his power is derived from traditional source. But he has the power to diminish his influence or even make things difficult for him. I remember when Gov. Chimaroke Nnamani had problem with Igwe of Nara Unateze in Nkanu. He devised an ingenious way to reduce his influence and prestige by dividing his kingdom into fragments and recognizing pretenders to the thrones as the trditional rulers of autonomous communities from those fragments. At the end of the day, the real Igwe was controlling only a small portion of what was once his dominion, surrounded by other hostile Igwes of the autonomous communities.
Where mbadinuju dey now?
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACM10:

Though the president does not have power to dethrone him since his power is derived from traditional source. But he has the power to diminish his influence or even make things difficult for him. I [b]remember when Gov. Chimaroke Nnamani had problem with Igwe of Nara Unateze in Nkanu. He devised an ingenious way to reduce his [/b]influence and prestige by dividing his kingdom into fragments and recognizing pretenders to the thrones as the trditional rulers of autonomous communities from those fragments. At the end of the day, the real Igwe was controlling only a small portion of what was once his dominion, surrounded by other hostile Igwes of the autonomous communities.

Ask your Bini Prince friend to translate the following for you;
A ta ota oghe Oba,edigue ta ota oghe ikporu.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by superior1: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2012
The gods must be crazy!!
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by honeric01(m): 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACM10:

You are now comparing an igew from someone in Nkanu to the Oba of Benin? where is nkanaanu again?
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Mrhod: 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I wonder why people overate mortals like them.abegi,this local chief is just being overated.Did lucky igbenedion not deal with him when he was the governor of the state ?
i no dat, pple like u don't no their root
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

The Oliha of Benin crowns the Oba. I don't know how other kings are crowned elsewhere.

Now a question for you

Who feeds you when you run out of grass??

Lmaooooooooo Hhahahahahahaha
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

You are now comparing an igew from someone in Nkanu to the Oba of Benin? where is nkanaanu again?

Maybe he will understand this;

Ata ota oghe Oba,edigue ta ota oghe Nkanu!

Comparing Nigerian Army to the United states Army. Na wa. Anyway, why not? Afterall all of dem be sojas.Abi no be so? Ehun!
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by naptu2: 7:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
Right, so after thrashing out this story in a third and hopefully, final thread, let us turn our attention to something more interesting; a little story from Irrua (part of the Bini Empire).

Eromosele The Great (1876-1921). Onojie of Irrua (picture from a photograph recovered at the ancestral shrine).

Eromosele could be disarmingly nice while planning a ruthless demonstration of his power. Once he took unto himself a wife. He became so fond of this new acquisition that he forgot the one hundred and one other women pinning away unseen in the harem. He could give anything to please this bride. They spent practically the whole day together.

One afternoon, as they sat together on the main throne, the girl lay across his lap and stroked his white beard. Gleefully she said, “Unbelievable! To think this is the Eromosele that all Irrua dread!” “M-h’m!” Eromosele smiled bitterly without ever opening his mouth.

He gave his bride an extra caress, called his chief steward and whispered into his ears. The romance continued until a few hours after which the steward returned, bowed deeply and murmured, “Thy will has been done my lord!”

Eromosele gave one deep yawn and told the bride that it was time they went in for a nap. They arose and the Onojie, anxious to please his beauty, stepped back for her to lead. At the door to the inner quadrangle, the wife discovered that what she nearly stepped upon was a human head. She jumped back, inviting the husband to take a look. With “What’s that?” he made the young woman take a closer look. She screamed, for the head was that of her father! “Go on”, commanded the unruffled monarch. She stepped across and again, she nearly put her delicate foot on something on the other side; she looked, then she fainted. Her mother’s body lay across the other side of the gate! The Onojie fondly put his arm around the girl’s waist and smiled, this time with the beard spread from ear to ear: “That is THE EROMOSELE Irrua knows!”.

Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by brownlord: 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACM10:

I can see that your Oba is no more the custodian of Benin culture, tradition and language. He is now the custodian of madness, and dispenses it at will. But those shyt aint potent on me.

by that same power bestowed on muaness by my 143 fathersis, i and i, du hereby fire today go tomorrow come, your case shall remain like that of king nebucanizer, may you walk and jam catastrophe, an attempt for you to stumble, 6 ft remain your case, to god i have seriously landed...
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by brownlord: 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2012
ACM10:

I'm independent, so I have no political affiliation whatsoever. Neither do I view this event through tribal lens. I'm only trying to be as objective as possible. The Oba's action is disrespectful to the office of the president. He is the Oba of Benin and subject to the power of the presidency. Some protocols needs to be waived in this circumstance. Afterall, did the Portugese give Oba prior notice in the 15th century of their coming? Disrespect is not relative and I fault Oba on this one.

In otherwards, they just invaded the palace just the way you will walk into your fathers sitting room?
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 7:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
naptu2: Right, so after thrashing out this story in a third and hopefully, final thread, let us turn our attention to something more interesting; a little story from Irrua (part of the Bini Empire).

Eromosele The Great (1876-1921). Onojie of Irrua (picture from a photograph recovered at the ancestral shrine).

Eromosele could be disarmingly nice while planning a ruthless demonstration of his power. Once he took unto himself a wife. He became so fond of this new acquisition that he forgot the one hundred and one other women pinning away unseen in the harem. He could give anything to please this bride. They spent practically the whole day together.

One afternoon, as they sat together on the main throne, the girl lay across his lap and stroked his white beard. Gleefully she said, “Unbelievable! To think this is the Eromosele that all Irrua dread!” “M-h’m!” Eromosele smiled bitterly without ever opening his mouth.

He gave his bride an extra caress, called his chief steward and whispered into his ears. The romance continued until a few hours after which the steward returned, bowed deeply and murmured, “Thy will has been done my lord!”

Eromosele gave one deep yawn and told the bride that it was time they went in for a nap. They arose and the Onojie, anxious to please his beauty, stepped back for her to lead. At the door to the inner quadrangle, the wife discovered that what she nearly stepped upon was a human head. She jumped back, inviting the husband to take a look. With “What’s that?” he made the young woman take a closer look. She screamed, for the head was that of her father! “Go on”, commanded the unruffled monarch. She stepped across and again, she nearly put her delicate foot on something on the other side; she looked, then she fainted. Her mother’s body lay across the other side of the gate! The Onojie fondly put his arm around the girl’s waist and smiled, this time with the beard spread from ear to ear: “That is THE EROMOSELE Irrua knows!”.

Many binis also know the story of Enekighidi n'Ogbelaka. A story of romance and betrayal and the Machevllian consequence. I will attempt to write the story some other time. Though I would be very glad if someone with better storytelling style could.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by brownlord: 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2012

Just read and see how stupid you are, if you really know everything that transpired then in bini kingdom, as you claim, then my advise is you go and seek knowledge from your children because the madness that befall you could not make you realise that the ban placed on the same igbins was only lifted not even up to one Month, and for your info, olodo, that title was given to him by the kings father, and not hereditary, but given to someone of his like
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2012
And after mulling over the story of Oba Ewuakpe and Oloi Iden,I do not understand why she offered herself as sacrifice to save the king.
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by brownlord: 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2012
ifihearam: @hysics
You be complete mugu

Bro please where are you from? sorry to ask
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Beaf: 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
Una still de quarell? shocked shocked shocked
Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by brownlord: 7:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

The same Esama that sent people to go and beg the Oba for forgiveness? grin grin That's who you're referring to? Maybe you're referring to him because you're an id1ot and you don't keep up with those events in Edo state that you don't like.

But why would you be wasting time with that idiot that is older than is father yet relies on his children to make sense for one minute
Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by Dede1(m): 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2012
It is funny some Nigerians are piling too much weight to the position of certain traditional rulers in Nigeria. The doubt people have about the position of Alaafin of Oyo was brought by the western regional government led by Awolowo. In the same stance, the western regional government reduced the position of Oba of Benin to mere name recognition.

I guess the same gods that informed the Oba of Benin to embark on lavish sacrifices, including humans, to avert the wrath of British Empire in 1897. Yet the Oba died as an inconsequential prisoner in a faraway land.

1 Like

Re: Aide: The ‘gods’ Stopped Oba Of Benin From Receiving Jonathan by ACM10: 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
brownlord:

by that same power bestowed on muaness by my 143 fathersis, i and i, du hereby fire today go tomorrow come, your case shall remain like that of king nebucanizer, may you walk and jam catastrophe, an attempt for you to stumble, 6 ft remain your case, to god i have seriously landed...

Anyone close to this man should please convey him to Yaba mental home. He's still in the early stages of his insanity and could still be salvaged with concerted effort.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MINIMUM WAGE: Oshiomhole Disowns Govs, Backs Workers / Charles Chukwunonso Odo: I Cursed PDP, It Will Never Know Peace / UK: Jonathan’s Govt Did Not Reject Help To Rescue Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.