Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,034 members, 7,960,292 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 04:52 PM

A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team (14129 Views)

NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / NBA. . . Represent Your Team / NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 31, 2012
smh@Tony Romo....
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2012
Lol @ coaches being fired like dominoes..
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
Black Monday

Lovie Smith
Romeo Crennel
Ken Whisenhunt

FIRED!!

The Broncos must be thanking their stars that they offloaded Cutler! He is sorta like Romo these guys just won't cut it when it counts its in their DNA!

Reid is gone for sure Turner would most likely follow. I also hope Todd Haley somehow gets fired
The Saints defensive coordinator is also due a sack IMO. The Saints D has been atrocious
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
Ray Lewis: This is my last ride

Hmmm I wanna believe you this time tho you've said so before. All the same #Legend

Looking forward to Wildcard Weekend
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 10:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
A friend of mine works for the CIA. He intercepted the following telephone conversation and sent it to me. I transcribed it for your reading pleasure.
A cell phone rings

Big Ben (BB): Yo Romo, whaz up? Great job the other night.

Romo (R): (Giggling), Yea I know. I took a lesson from your play book. But I had to throw three interceptions.

BB: I saw that, not bad. I particularly loved the "Agony of Defeat" look. It was great. Better than mine.

Romo: Thanks, so how is this supposed to work?

BB: Let me call Rog (Goodell). He can explain it better than anyone.

Goodell’s phone rings

Goodell: Yea Benny.

BB: I got you on a conference call with Romo.

Goodell: Awesome. Great job the other night Romo. Three of them and no one could tell the difference. Not like that O’Donnell idiot back in ’95.

Romo: You mean he did the same thing? Wow.

Goodell: That’s right but he almost blew our cover. Ben’s got it down pat and you are not that bad yourself.

Romo: So what happens now?

Goodell: At exactly 1600 hrs on Thursday, a man will leave a briefcase on your porch. Everything in it is yours, a cool 500K in cash.

Romo: Holy Smokes! Where do you get that kind of cash?

Goodell: Fines against players for late hits and such. Oh yea, and the United Way too.

Romo: So that is where the fine money goes, I never knew. I thought it went to charity.

BB and Goodell: (Laughing) Charity, yea right, that’s a good one.

Romo: And did you say the United Way?

Goodell: That’s correct. It’s the NFL charity. For some reason, people think the United Way gives to children and the needy but it really is a charity for needy NFL football players like you and Benny. Think about it for a second. Do you know anyone who has received money from the United Way?

Romo: Golly geez, I don’t think so.

Goodell: That’s right; it’s all funneled to us. Every once and a while we will sprinkle a few bucks to some school or sick kid but most of it is for us. We’re going to need it when the head injury lawsuits hit us.

BB: It blew my mind when I first got involved.

Romo: When did you get involved?

BB: In the Superbowl with GB. Myself and Mendie.

Romo: No way.

BB: Way.

Goodell: Yea, and he has done a good job ever since. But don’t get greedy. New Orleans wanted to win another Superbowl and I put a stop to that with their bounty-gate scandal.

Romo: Suffering succotash. So what does this mean? Do you control the outcome of the entire season?

Goodell: Not exactly. I just like to spread the wealth and get more money. Look at how many rookie quarterbacks are in the playoffs. That is great for ratings and rating means money.

BB: Yea, they sent a "Cooler" to help us out.

Romo: What’s a "Cooler"?

BB: When a team is hot they bring in a coach who will cool things down.

Romo: You mean Haley?

BB: Bingo! Look what he did when he was with the Cardinals in the SB. A 100 yard pick-six with seconds to spare in the half. Where do you think I learned how to do that?

Romo: Leaping Lizards Ben. That’s amazing.

Goodell: It makes for great TV doesn’t? Look, the NFL is more popular than ever. We need to keep it that way. We can’t have the same teams winning over and over again.

Romo: What about the Patriot’s?

Goodell: What about them. I made them pay me 750K and they haven’t won a Superbowl since.

Romo: Holy smokes. Will the Cowboys ever be allowed to win again?

Goodell: Probably not for a while. I had to make your owner popular by letting him win three Superbowl’s so he could build that stadium. Afterwards, I made him fire his coach and sent in a "Cooler."

Romo: So I’m going to be a loser?

Goodell: Yea, I’m sorry kid but you’ll be a rich loser.

Goodell: I have to go. Remember, don’t screw things up or you might find yourself in an accident or getting a DUI or in a "bar miss-hap." You know what that’s like Benny, don’t you?

BB: Yes sir won’t happen again.

Goodell hangs up.

BB: So, do you get the picture.

Romo: Yea, I can’t believe it but I know I will be richer for it.

BB: That’s right. Don’t go spending it in once place.

Romo: There is one thing.

BB: What’s that?

Romo: I want the fans to like me and not hate me for loosing.

BB: Oh, this is what you do. After the season ends, have your agent tell the media that you played injured during part of the season. Once the media prints that, you are golden. Everyone will forgive you and send you get well cards. Now, I am off to Georgia where it’s warm. I am sick and tired of this snow and cold.

Romo: Thanks Ben, for everything.

BB: Baby crying in background.

BB’s Wife: Your turn

BB: Gotta go.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/1/1/3823832/conspiracy-theory
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Nobody: 4:00am On Jan 04, 2013
lol
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
Bengals vs Texans

Truly don't see Matt Schaub generating enough offense to get past the Bengals so if Dalton can avoid turnovers they should win this game. JJ Watt and co seem to have run out of gas and we don't know if Arian Foster would be 100%
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
Ray Lewis Trynna Sign a Deal With Espn.

Good Pick up for Espn if it goes through

I love hearing Ray Speak. Whether it's a passionate speech or a calm humble sit down interview, the guy is Class.
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
Vikings @ Packers
Probably the game I'm looking forward to the most. You know its going to be a shootout whenever Aaron Rodgers is involved and the question is can the Vikes hang? They showed they could with the playoffs on the line but that was at their home. You wonder if they can replicate the same at Lambeau field in January! Packers have been losing playoff games there a lot lately so you feel the Vikes have a fighting chance
Conventional wisdom would tell you to put your money on the Packers but as we've seen many times before a great QB can lose to an inferior one anytime (Brady vs Flacco, Brady vs Sanchez,
Brees vs Smith) are reference points
الملكي فوق الله: Ray Lewis Trynna Sign a Deal With Espn.

Good Pick up for Espn if it goes through

I love hearing Ray Speak. Whether it's a passionate speech or a calm humble sit down interview, the guy is Class.
The guy can talk tho!! Master motivator! Blitzing machine! Even as a Steeler I'm gonna miss his antics. You never know with these players though he just may return but probably not to the Ravens
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 12:23am On Jan 05, 2013
This man crush on Sanchez by Rex Ryan is bordering on disturbing. Is this ninja into cuckolding? Lol at least get a decent QB tatted on your phat a$$

Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by montelik(m): 8:31am On Jan 05, 2013
ROTFLMAO. It makes sense now why he refused to yank the worst qb this season game after game.

But the editor needs to be seriously questioned. You push a story regarding the lives of public law enforcements officers and pertaining to the safety and well being of New Yorkers to the page 6-7, to post a full size photo of Rex Ryan doing nothing special or wrong (even if the whole tatoo stuff is mad funny) that could easily have been put on the back page. Tabloid sensationalism at it worst.
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
Lol the kind of stuff you would expect from The Sun

Hmm I have the Bengals beating the Texans. Don't see them mustering enough offense to get the job done

Vikings vs Packers. The Vikings just might pull of a suprise but at Lambeau field in the outdoors and with Cobb back they just have too much firepower in my eyes. Packers should win
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
Rex Ryan into some weird Bullshit Mangg...

That's Some Extremely Strange Perversion right there.....
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 11:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
Lol @ Schaub!! Running the ball is his only hope for this game! Just give it to Foster and quit playing hero ball
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 05, 2013
This Game Boring as Hell.....

Hurry up and get the Bengals up outa Here.

The Bengals are a Bore.
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 12:10am On Jan 06, 2013
Can't wait for Rodgers and AP!

Two shitty QB's can't believe we lost to these damn Bengals at Heinz Field
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 06, 2013
Yeah, That's Gonna Be a Good Game

I hope my man Arodg doesn't stink it up.

AP is physically as of right now..just "Physically" the strongest Looking Running Back I've Ever Seen.

His Body is Immortal Right Now.

Put him back in a time machine, in Jim Brown's era, with his current physicality and conditioning and he would rush for 500 yards a game
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 12:58am On Jan 06, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Yeah, That's Gonna Be a Good Game

I hope my man Arodg doesn't stink it up.

AP is physically as of right now..just "Physically" the strongest Looking Running Back I've Ever Seen.

His Body is Immortal Right Now.

Put him back in a time machine, in Jim Brown's era, with his current physicality and conditioning and he would rush for 500 yards a game
Rodgers should torch the Vikes D on a good day. Problem is the Packers are powerless against AP's running game which would also give Aaron Rodgers less time on the field
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 2:02am On Jan 06, 2013
Give them the chillllllll!!! welcome to Lambeau field......
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 2:14am On Jan 06, 2013
Its Green Bay vs AP
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 2:31am On Jan 06, 2013
Lol Webb ought to know better than trying to throw the ball. Just hand it to AP #KnowYourRole
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 2:59am On Jan 06, 2013
A-40:
Lol Webb ought to know better than trying to throw the ball. Just hand it to AP #KnowYourRole

Over skill na him kill monkey grin grin
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 3:16am On Jan 06, 2013
B.J Raji is a BEAST!!!!!!
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 3:22am On Jan 06, 2013
KUHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 3:26am On Jan 06, 2013
Cobb,Jennings,Jones,Nelson too many weapons! Rodgers given a pocket the size of Russia. The Vikes might as well not come out for the 2nd half. Packers get the ball at the start of the 2nd sef lol

Seems they've also figured AP out. And in Webb you have a QB that can't throw the ball at all
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Roland17(m): 3:29am On Jan 06, 2013
I categorize Webb and Ponder as same, ponder does not throw the ball too well either, they depend on that running game with AP.
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 3:29am On Jan 06, 2013
This Webb guy is just a horrible thrower! Goodness!
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 3:32am On Jan 06, 2013
Roland17: I categorize Webb and Ponder as same, ponder does not throw the ball too well either, they depend on that running game with AP.
Naah this guy is worse than Ponder. Hardly his fault as he has had no snaps prior to the game but still really poor throwing
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by Nobody: 5:04am On Jan 06, 2013
2 Garbage Games.

GB Took that Easily
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 11:35am On Jan 06, 2013
Lol some of the worst QB play I have ever seen in my life from Joe Webb and Andy Dalton. In both games there really wasn't any 'wow' moment

Webb was throwing bounce passes like Ricky Rubio grin grin
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 6:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
Colts vs Ravens: Pretty interesting matchup. You have a team that's feeding of the Pagano factor plus he was at the Ravens 2 seasons ago so he would know a secret or two. Still I think Andrew Luck has been a bit lucky for most parts of the season. I'd pick the Ravens cos they are home and have way more experience. Andrew Luck being the cheerful giver he is I don't see Ed Reed not making a pick or two
Re: A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team by A40(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
Well the ride continues for Ray Lewis they face the Broncos next

Redskins vs Seahawks: Interesting matchup in my eyes. Seahawks are average on the road but the Redskins have a generous defense! Would easily have lost to the Cowboys last week if not for Romo being Romo. We also don't know the state of RG3's knees. So he might have to throw the ball with ball hawks like Sherman lurking that's not a good look. I think the Seahawks D would be too strong for the Redskins and they would advance to face the Falcons. Becoming the only road team to win on wildcard weekend

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments / Balotelli And Rossi To Lead Attack Against Nigeria / How Corruption Probe Led To NFF, CAF Clash, Pinnick’s Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.