Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,051 members, 7,963,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:38 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit (26415 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / A Priest Claims Demon Is Sending Him Hate Texts After Girl's Exorcism Went Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Oluesther(f): 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
tpapi: if it wz ur sister dat wz humiliated inside a church,wud u not av taken action

What action will you take if you find out that your sister is a witch? She has killed your parents, brothers, other sisters, your wife, children, she made you loose everything, and has finally made you cripple on both feet, with nobody to care for you; what action will you take? These witches are so heartless, even if they are your mum.

Do you know what she did or confessed to him, that made him slap her? He only slapped her, not that he killed her. He only acted on anger based on what the girl said. This is not to justify the slap though. Remember that he and other pastors are human beings like us, who make mistakes and sins sometimes, just like us.

Please take it easy in criticising and judging men of God.
Thanks.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by naptu2: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
I'm not surprised by the result. The lawyer was excited and emotional about the case and thus forgot to cover all loopholes. Oyedepo has the funds to hire the best lawyers to do a thorough job. Sad, but I don't blame the judge.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by akintayoridwan: 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
Pple so much believe in these there men of God dat they cannot even think straight I bet if tis happened in the Uk oyedepo is going down for it
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Kay17: 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2012
Oluesther:

What action will you take if you find out that your sister is a witch? She has killed your parents, brothers, other sisters, your wife, children, she made you loose everything, and has finally made you cripple on both feet, with nobody to care for you; what action will you take? These witches are so heartless, even if they are your mum.

Do you know what she did or confessed to him, that made him slap her? He only slapped her, not that he killed her. He only acted on anger based on what the girl said. This is not to justify the slap though. Remember that he and other pastors are human beings like us, who make mistakes and sins sometimes, just like us.

Thanks.

Not that I'm imposing my worldview, but witches too have human rights.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Ajillo: 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2012
Delafruita,
If the judge was to award the 2 billion, where would he have found the victim to claim the money. Do you think the lawyer would have claimed the money on her behalf? You don't seek for such judgments for absentee victims. No judge will grant such a prayer.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by dare2think: 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
stagger:

I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh; they will be drunk on their own blood, as with wine. Then all mankind will know that I, the LORD, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."

This passage is found in Isaiah 49 verse 26 and was spoken by God Himself. SO you draw the analogy for yourself. ALl Bishop Oyedepo's haters (and I do hope for your sake you are not one of them) will not only drink their own blood and eat their flesh, but also the urine and faeces that their flesh and blood produces.

So will Christ be proud of me? Absolutely, for telling you to your face what will befall those who try to stand against a moving train.

Perhaps those threats will make the mugs that rush to canaanland quiver!

I thought the Charlatan placed a curse on boko-haram?

Oyedepo is an opportunistic charlatan taking advantage of the corrupt practices enshrined in a corrupt nation. He takes advantage of the misery and desperation of the people that visits his churches. He takes advantage of the their insecurities and fears, he is a conman.

Of course Christ will be proud of you! The same Christ that is supposed to have died for every-one's sins and preached tolerance.

Sad people.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Kay17: 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
stagger:

I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh; they will be drunk on their own blood, as with wine. Then all mankind will know that I, the LORD, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."

This passage is found in Isaiah 49 verse 26 and was spoken by God Himself. SO you draw the analogy for yourself. ALl Bishop Oyedepo's haters (and I do hope for your sake you are not one of them) will not only drink their own blood and eat their flesh, but also the urine and faeces that their flesh and blood produces.

So will Christ be proud of me? Absolutely, for telling you to your face what will befall those who try to stand against a moving train.

Another reason why Christian morality fails. We all know the right thing to do. Battering other ppl is not right, there are laws against it!!

Its not hating, but knowing the right thing.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Delafruita(m): 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
Ajillo: Delafruita,
If the judge was to award the 2 billion, where would he have found the victim to claim the money. Do you think the lawyer would have claimed the money on her behalf? You don't seek for such judgments for absentee victims. No judge will grant such a prayer.
its not automatic that a judge grants all the prayers sought.however,that is not a reason to throw out the case based on technicalities.the facts of the case were straightforward:
1.oyedepo slapped the girl and in so doing violated her fundamental right
2.the girl was a minor and thus regarded as a child meaning the child rights act has been violated
3.slapping anyone for whatever reason irrespective of their age is assault which is a crime punishable by law.
that isnt to say the case was water tight.i felt some of the prayers sought like "he should be compelled to make an altar call for corrupt politicians,robbers etc" were just to pass across a message but that doesnt in anyway take away from the merit of the case.
i firmly believe there has been a miscarriage of justice and sentiments or compromises were reached in this case
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Delafruita(m): 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
Oluesther:

Thanks.
so if your mother is a witch,you will take her to oyedepo for slappiverance.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by ow11(m): 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
Woohoo!!

Oyedepo won! He should pay his tithe on the 20K period! All WEAPONS. . . fashioned against thee shall not propser and every tongue risen in JUDGEMENT. . .

In other news, that lawyer is r*tarded!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Delafruita(m): 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
Sky-walker:

You very correct but the lawyer has himself to blame. At least he should have downloaded it from youtube and brought a laptop to court. Also him not knowing the victim's name really shows the guy is a quack lawyer. I mean he went into the court room unprepared. I am sure he was thinking it would be settled out of court. Only God knows where the victim his now
he didnt need the victim'ss name or presence.he doesnt even need the victim's consent.there's a law for a case,a law for the times and the law for the future.i read his presentation and i could ascertain that the lawyer was prepared.the prayers of the case were probably exagerated to make a point but he prepared a good case.oyedepo realised that thats why he discarded the legal team of the church and hired high-powered SANs.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Kay17: 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
Delafruita:
he didnt need the victim'ss name or presence.he doesnt even need the victim's consent.there's a law for a case,a law for the times and the law for the future.i read his presentation and i could ascertain that the lawyer was prepared.the prayers of the case were probably exagerated to make a point but he prepared a good case.oyedepo realised that thats why he discarded the legal team of the church and hired high-powered SANs.

Then Oyedepo would be confronted by a stranger/busybody
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by studM(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
Macky2: Good news, haters can hug transformer.

Hmm..don't u think that's 2 harsh?we as believers should alwaz try 2 spk in all at all times,k,am very happy for ds great News!d enemy has been put 2 shame again!indeed,one wit God is majority!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by ignis: 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
berem: now dat he has won the case,this makes for more people to be slapped in his church.smh!
Olodo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by TheMatrix3: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
"Why do the nations rage and the people's plot a vain thing against the LORD and His anointed?"
We bless God o! If say that charge and bail lawyer win the case, we for no hear word smiley
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by ignis: 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2012
ifihearam: How can a true man of God lose a case,una tink say na fake pastor him be or na one of those useless alfas.
The annointing has put his opponents over confusion, even to the extent that the girl was not able to appear in court.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Oluesther(f): 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
Kay 17:

Not that I'm imposing my worldview, but witches too have human rights.

Yes, that is why the action of the man of God is not justified. But what was the motive of the lawyer for pursuing this case? He was pursuing it for his financial gains, to tarnish the image of the man of God and for fame. It was this his motive that made me very happy with how the case ended.

How can a lawyer suddenly become interested in human rights and justice; just because a prominent man of God and money is involved? This does not sound good with the rate of injustice and lack of respect for human rights in the country. Yes, we have to start somewhere; but why with this case?

Where was this lawyer when a former governor virtually flogged and molested a priest of God and others? Where was he when poor widows were maltreated and their husbands' properties snatched from them? Where was he when poor orphans were set-up and imprisoned; so that they will not inherit their parents' properties? Where actually is he? Because everyday in Nigeria poor people are being deprived of what rightfully belongs to them by the rich. Oppression and injustice are everywhere in the country, but he overlooked all, just to select just this one. Why?

Please my people, motive matters. If you are going against injustice because of the evil in it, you will get success. But if you are going against it for fame and money, you are a loser.

Peace be to you all!
Peace be to Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Kay17: 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
The_Matrix: "Why do the nations rage and the people's plot a vain thing against the LORD and His anointed?"
We bless God o! If say that charge and bail lawyer win the case, we for no hear word smiley

Why is your LORD hanging on the wrong side?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Oluesther(f): 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
Delafruita:
so if your mother is a witch,you will take her to oyedepo for slappiverance.

If my mum is a witch (thank God she is a woman of God and not a witch), I will preach to her to repent and also pray for her repentance. But if she refuses to repent, I will pray that God should deal with her.

Thank God I am not a fan of Oyedepo, neither am I a member of Winners Chapel. I will rather take her to my church, for my pastor (pastor George Izunwa of Gateway Church PH) to pray for her. He will never slap her. Nobody should slap my mum for me o, no matter what.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by acidtalk: 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
brownlord:

am really confuse by your level of ignorance and stupidity, reading your first two line, i already concluded that you should be a Muslim or non christian, but seeing you talking about someone thrown to hell fire thereby suggest to me that you are not only foolish, but your sense of reasoning may be has been tampered with, i never expected you to believe in heaven or hell fire with your statement, so this bring me to the question, WHERE DO YOU BELONG, as no true christian would say Oyedepo is a fake pastor

I wont trade words with you just a simple question.
How does one identify a true pastor?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Tisa: 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
@humphreydis - D girl no happy say dem giv am spiritual slap abi,wetin other people dey find even with money dem no get am.Papa giv u for free u dey complain...me i need spiritual spiritual slap to cure my months of joblessness...abeg Papa Oyedepo i need spiritual slap pls sir!...

Dis guy u no go kill me with laugh oo, LMAO.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Theblessed(f): 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
[size=16pt]Does this verdict surprise anyone

Nigerian justice, is it one to rely on by any standard? And, when did Nigerians starts getting justice in their own country?

Oyedepo, has skated free from man's justice but he will never skate out of the justice of Jehovah, for what he did to that poor soul.

Since he slapped the demon out of that poor lady, why not try slapping the demons out of people in his congregation here, in the West?

Abi, demons no dey this side of the ocean?

Yeah, he has Ministries all over the world, don't he? Why not try his slapping hand this side of the river and see if he would have legs to stand on.

Nigerian justice, I pity - sorrio o o!!!!
[/size]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by comechop(m): 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
Just reading the thread is the exact reason why I don't interact with Nigerians. Brain-washed set of people. How in the world is anyone defending this verdict? It was on YOUTUBE for all to see.

And tomorrow, y'all will go and complain about oppression from the govt etc. I am a christian and all, but I refuse to turn a blind eye to injustice when I see it. What is wrong with YOU?? Why do you decide to ignore injustice in the name of religion? How foolish!

It is true - we deserve the leaders we get in the country. The replies on here are exactly why I fail to see any hope in the near future for Nigeria. Shame on you!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by marvel10: 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
Says a lot about quality control. Why did the case get this far if the lawyer hadn't completed the needable? The procedure should be modified.
Then again we are talking about Ogun State. Oyedipo literally put the state on the map of Nigeria. If not for over population of Lagos, Ogun should still be referred to as a village. Isn't that the state where so called armed robbers not only steal but have so much time to rape all the females they rob? Says a lot about their police and their judicial system.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Ebijayjay(m): 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
glory be to God almighty he as shows his supremicy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by echobee(f): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
amen.GOD as proven his self again.haters of my papa,pls hug a wet transformer grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by abysirius(m): 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
acidtalk: WHEM THE man of GOD GOES BRIBING THE JUDICIARY.

Which sane nation will such a molestation be allowed to go down the drain like that?

Shame to ALL the evil men using the name of God to deceive ignorant people.[/b]
Guy, u dey there wen the pastor slap am. I go beg u make u take am easy oo. It's clear ur comment is borne out of hatred for this pastor. And the reason ui hate him this much I don't know. Or hw can u b alleging a man of God of this repute of bribery. U dey there when him dey bribe d judge? It's not a must u comment on everytin u see on nairaland most especially wen u think it's beyond ur understanding/reasoning. I fear 4 u oo.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Ninilowo(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2012
Through Jesus Christ our Lord; Amen Amen Amen. By the grace of Almighty God; Amen Amen Amen. I waka waka waka. I see see see. All the bad bad thing ni; dem dey do do do.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by monkeyleg: 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
A blind country full of stark Illiterates. Hences they get the goverment and church leaders they deserve.

Simple question, of all the demon posessed and sick people Jesus encountered, how many did he beat or slap? my recollection says NONE. yet, some hail this farce as victory. My people remain blind, hence they can never recognise the truth when they see it.

Jesus, the Son of God rode on a donkey, not a Lipizzaner stallion, not a Chariot, but a humble donkey. He was an embodiment of humility, service and and most Importantly LOVE , Yet Pastor, servant of Jesus, flys in 4 jets, jumps about the place slapping people, yet people call it victory. Now who is decieving who.

Nigerians have never really understood the meaning of Christianity. We are the most wicked, selfish, corrupt bunch of idiots in this world, that is why we cannot understand the injustice that has happened
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Chiefpriest(m): 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
Billyonaire: I watched that "Slap Video" and it was arrogant display of spiritual admonition. If this ruling is true, what I can say is, that the applicant was not present in the church does not make the slap less than personal abuse on the victim. Most of these court judges have replaced common sense with academic daftness.
cool :
The bishop is bigger than your whole village.even me will slap you if you claim to be a witch and no judge living or dead will hear you.foool.Oyedepo for life.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by OmoTier1(m): 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
Really it is laughable when humans try to grasp spiritual things with mere human wisdom! What would people have done or say if they were around when Smith Wigglesworth would 'punch' the devils out of people in Bradford, England and in so many other towns and villages? I mean this was a real punch and sometimes real slaps! Demons would slap people for real and they can't complain, when Gods Spirit in a man's body does same, thy go to court for monetary gain! The girl should go and thank God for mercy, if not she judge would have awarded her the money, and she would have been destroyed eternally- Rich yet accursed with no rest!

I guess some folks thought Oyedepo would loose sleep over this issue! Men of Faith have fought battle more weighty than this and God still has remained faithful. Again it is GOD 1 - 0 devil.

Well I hope someone gives the girl 100000naira to pay part of the court and lawyer fees and also redeem her from spiritual poverty otherwise she has set herself on a downward spiral of perpetual want!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit by Prestonvic(m): 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
great news!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be? / Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi / Is Abuse An Acceptable Reason For Divorce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.