Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,947 members, 7,959,987 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (312429 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kidUrbane: 3:14am On Feb 21, 2013
To undergraduate applicants as much as its good to write standardized test.I'd also implore us to take our time to search for affordable schools.I know of some schools like Arkansas Tech University(ATU), Southern Arkansas University(SAU) Minnesota State University(MSU) and the list goes on just make findings and if you're interested in ATU I might be able to help you with some parts of your admission just check if they've got your desired major.I'm not charging for any info its free for all who needs it.just get @ me. Shoutouts to my bro Imperioux and every other NLders who're keeping the forum informative.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kidUrbane: 7:49am On Feb 21, 2013
@bigfrancis21, abeg forward me GRE materials.Thanks and God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 21, 2013
This forum is really interesting but I do have a specific question to ask. Can one stick to the US Consulate in Lagos regardless of previous visa denial? Or Is Abuja branch better? I do live closer to Abuja now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dontpushme: 11:53am On Feb 21, 2013
Yvete: ^^ smiley smiley

Is my case funny Yvete?

kidUrbane: @ everybody replying lol.I'd like to stress that this forum has its basic essence of existence as a medium for information dissemination..please let's not make anyone asking questions regarding this forum topic or related topic feel stupid..lets just point them to the right direction or simply keep mute. And yeah for those that want to apply the first and most important thing I'd tell you is to take a critical look at the part 1 and part 2 of of the USA Student Visa Enquiries and then move on to the current part which is part 3.I can assure you you'd be enlightened and informed.almost every question that comes to mind has been answered.For the guy that graduated from high school in the year 2005 my bro the year alone is a red flag but if you can intensify prayers you're highly favored.I believe in a God of absolute possibilities.However there're some tips I'd offer based on my experience.Success!

Thank you kidUrbane for your reply. I will have love to apply to the sch u know much about but i dont want to go far from Chicago cuz of accomodation. Thanks guys, more to come please. at oga Imperioux and co abeg help ur man oooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by chizyb: 12:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
Thanks for all u contributions but the way it looks if i want to change my status from H1 or legalized PR then i will have to get another job which may not necessarily be in line with Med. or public health till i can qualify by taking board exams. though i have my mum's sisters who are citizens even my grand ma has a green card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kidUrbane: 12:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
@Detus from my own view I think you can apply at any consulate.My uncle applied twice at the Lagos consulate and got denied twice he then applied at Abuja and then he got the visa.so my advice is for you to try the Abuja consulate.Your testimony awaits!Success.
@dontpushme Okay, now I understand. Then your best shot regarding funding is to scale the SAT Test and the sky is just the beginning for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dontpushme: 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2013
kidUrbane: @Detus from my own view I think you can apply at any consulate.My uncle applied twice at the Lagos consulate and got denied twice he then applied at Abuja and then he got the visa.so my advice is for you to try the Abuja consulate.Your testimony awaits!Success.
@dontpushme Okay, now I understand. Then your best shot regarding funding is to scale the SAT Test and the sky is just the beginning for you.
thanks guy. can u take me through the whole process?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 21, 2013
sannies: Hello, pls I need any help to study in USA. Any assistance will be appreciated.

As u can see...this thread is in 3 parts. Start by reading the previous parts.

If that's too much, just go to the us embassy and demand a visa.

Or u can swim from takwa bay to hudson.
Whichever is convenient. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
Noted. Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dontpushme: 3:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
dontpushme: This is my first post on this site, i will appreciate right direction.

I will like the house to help me on my case and kindly advice appropriately.

i graduated from high school in 2005, wrote GCE for like two yrs before having a complete result with two sittings and i have been self-employed ever since.
I want to apply to study computer science in the
USA this year but my sponsor, a friend and also like a mother is a US citizen, we have never meet in real life but we chat a lot and she agree to sponsor me.
she lives in Chicago and she wants me to school close to her. i may be staying with her for accommodation. My question is what are my chances at the embassy? do i require TOEFL? What are the document i will submit to the sch and embassy? I will like to get the house opinion on my case and advice. thank you.

Please help answer my question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
dontpushme: Is my case funny Yvete?

Did I laugh? Take a second look at the smiley :|
1. Close your gap
2. Change your sponsor
3. Read this thread from part 1.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dontpushme: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
Yvete:

Did I laugh? Take a second look at the smiley :|
1. Close your gap
2. Change your sponsor
3. Read this thread from part 1.

Whatever. Thank you for replying anyway. Can you please expatiate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kidUrbane: 5:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
@dontpushme, Yvette has pointed sum things out so I'm just gonna add.first thing you need worry about is your year of graduation(2005) in all sincerity bro thats a red flag.be prepared to answer questions like what have you been doing since you graduated in 2005.do you have any continuing education certificate or polytechnic cert like OND? If not then you'd have to bring up something like you've been involved in gaining experience in a field related to your intended course of study and make sure to add that its voluntary. In my opinion I wouldnt recommend saying you've been volunteering all through because most of those VO's have been in Nigeria for some time and they've heard several stories.My advice is for you is to re-take WAEC and if you've not gotten your passport already please dont get it yet chill till you fix the WAEC issue and then get your passport.
About Toefl its pretty much advisable you write atleast one standardized it'll be best if you write it Toefl/SAT matter of fact it opens scholarship opportunity especially SAT and please whatever you do beware of age issues trust me you dont want to have any.If you'll be re-writing WAEC change your age to 18-19-20 max in my opinion and you're good and finally the US Embassy has little or no regard for NECO so dont even think about writing it instead.I'll be around to tell you more Success awaits!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
kidUrbane: @bigfrancis21, abeg forward me GRE materials.Thanks and God bless.
Lol. Will I send it through air? grin grin Maybe I'll try sending it by bird delivery at night (aka naija witchcraft). shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 5:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
chizyb: Thanks for all u contributions but the way it looks if i want to change my status from H1 or legalized PR then i will have to get another job which may not necessarily be in line with Med. or public health till i can qualify by taking board exams. though i have my mum's sisters who are citizens even my grand ma has a green card.

I think you are not making this issue clear to us. Are you on H-1 visa and thinking of changing to a LPR?

Are you still on Tourist visa and just planning ahead for H-1B and later the GREEN CARD?

Do you have a job in the USA and want to change?

Honestly, I don't know what you want. Could you please explain further.

Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kidUrbane: 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
@dontpushme as much as I want to believe that someone you have not seen wants to pay your fee please dont use that person as your sponsor the VO's would never believe that.Use your mum or dad,to be on the safer side dont even mention that you have anybody in the chi they'll look at that and just think you want to abscond.so change your sponsor and what makes you think your intended sponsor would want to release her bank statement I'm pretty certain she wouldnt.so your parent are your best shot but take your processing from the first step. 1.Your Waec, 2.SAT/TOEFL 3.Send your documents to your desired school(s) 4. Get Admitted 5. Send your bank statement to the school where you've been admitted 6.your I20 arrives 7.Pay SEVIS 8.Apply and get your Visa 8. Go to America shikena! As you proceed through the steps ask questions and you'll get answers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2013
dontpushme: This is my first post on this site, i will appreciate right direction.

I will like the house to help me on my case and kindly advice appropriately.

i graduated from high school in 2005, wrote GCE for like two yrs before having a complete result with two sittings and i have been self-employed ever since.
I want to apply to study computer science in the
USA this year but my sponsor, a friend and also like a mother is a US citizen, we have never meet in real life but we chat a lot and she agree to sponsor me.
she lives in Chicago and she wants me to school close to her. i may be staying with her for accommodation.
My question is what are my chances at the embassy? do i require TOEFL? What are the document i will submit to the sch and embassy? I will like to get the house opinion on my case and advice. thank you.

♫♪♫ Don't push me, cus I'm close to da, edge!

[size=13pt]Don't try it, not to loss your head[/size]

a-hah hah hah hah ♫♪♫

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmHMcKN8xlI

That's a big wrong decision. You will be seen as yahoo boy and any VO will like to protect his/her country man from being milked. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kidUrbane: 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
@bigfrancis21 sorry jor forgot to add my email:henrystephen03@yahoo.com.thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
Yvete:

DJ Imperiouxx-on-the-mix. Are you sure music is not your true calling? Heard Terry G was once a biochemist! cheesy

Ta! angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
imperiouxx: Ta! angry

Gini ka i na-ekwu? O soso *yimu* ka i ma asu! Haha!
Nobody will intepret this for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
Yvete:

Gini ka i na-ekwu?

Ba na so angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
kidUrbane: @bigfrancis21 sorry jor forgot to add my email:henrystephen03@yahoo.com.thank you
Sent. (But via bird night delivery, expect the package by midnight grin grin)

Go through the images on page 211 of this thread on the extraction process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
Yvete:

Gini ka i na-ekwu? O soso *yimu* ka i ma asu! Haha!
Nobody will intepret this for you.

angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 10:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
Who is the moderator here?? Just-wise

Abeg, we need Yvette and Imperiouxx banned from this thread. grin grin grin

Reason: They are speaking in tongues...who knows maybe them dey curse our papa sef.... shocked shocked shocked

[s]That was on a lighter mood ooo before some people come defend or fight on their behalf............[/s]tongue tongue tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
imperiouxx: Ba na so angry

wallahi ba na jin hausa oga imperiouxx tongue me ya faru??

@OjaP: Yimu! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
Yvete:

Na ji fine fine! Ba bu damua!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
imperiouxx: Ba bu damua! Zan tafi.

*babu damua* ke ankali
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by williams20(m): 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
Good day guys. Pls i haue written mytoefl since 2010, was denied at abj in 2011. Bt ll be going back to get it once soon by the grace of God . Do u thnk the toefl is good to go, and pls can a science stdnt defend studying mgt courses? Thanks in anticipation. God bless this big Nl family <3
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
@kidUrbane abg i need sat and toefl materials urgently kindly and when is the next exam date in nija am out nija by now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 11:02pm On Feb 21, 2013
williams20: Good day guys. Pls i haue written mytoefl since 2010, was denied at abj in 2011. Bt ll be going back to get it once soon by the grace of God . Do u thnk the toefl is good to go, and pls can a science stdnt defend studying mgt courses? Thanks in anticipation. God bless this big Nl family <3

TOEFL is only valid for two years.
Yups, there's nothing wrong in changing your major. You need good reasons to back it up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 11:04pm On Feb 21, 2013
Yvete:

#Yindi# for you too Yvettetongue

Imperioux sef don dey speak Hausa....na wa oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.