Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,811 members, 7,841,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams (12111 Views)

Finally Jamb Release Results Of 12th March 2015 / JAMB to release results with no biometric verification nxt wk Thursday.mayorall / University Of Ibadan Release Results For Post-utme Screening Excercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Lilprocess(m): 2:39am On Nov 10, 2012
As part of its determination to curb examination malpractice and eliminate cases of pending results, Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB has concluded arrangement on its new strategy of conducting its Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME in amore professional way.
The examination body registrar said the proposed method is for the candidates to write the examination online from 2013 and their results will be released within 30 minutes after the examination.
Professor Dibu Ojerinde disclosed thison Thursday when he led his management team and staff of the board on an advocacy visit over the proposed Computer Based Test (CBT) to Kaduna State.
The Don stressed that the proposed method of conducting the UTME was aimed at checking examination malpractices, eliminating cases of incomplete results, result blackout and above all, releasing result within 30 minutes after the examination.
He noted that UTME candidates for 2013 will have options of Paper Pencil Test, PPT and Dual Based Test, computer and paper, stating that the board will begin full blown ComputerBased Test by 2015.
Prof. Ojerinde, who led the advocacy visit to Kaduna State Ministry of Education, National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Kaduna Polytechnic and National Teachers Institute (NTI), assured of uninterrupted power supply during the examination.
“From now on, with the use of Computer Based Testing, CBT, candidate will get their result within 30 minutes after the examination. It will also address cases of result black out and examination malpractices will be eliminated,” he assured.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/11/09/jamb-release-results-30-minutes-exams/

2 Likes

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by k2039: 8:36am On Nov 10, 2012
Some people will just faint immediately after their exam(Ambulance should be made available at each centers immediately after the exam).

It's really a good news from jamb,this will eliminate result malpractices.

13 Likes

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by endy4oxide(m): 8:40am On Nov 10, 2012
dem reali need ambulance fr each center ,,,,,,na die be dat
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by promisengr(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2012
Good development,but be rest assured of increased mass failure embarassed

2 Likes

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by fatdon2(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2012
k2039: Some people will just faint immediately after their exam(Ambulance should be made available at each centers immediately after the exam).

It's really a good news from jamb,this will eliminate result malpractices.
people will faint and even run mad.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by upchair(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2012
The key question is will they have enough computers for all candidates round nigeria to sit for the exam. That is going to be a major challenge.

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by OkwaIfugo(m): 8:42am On Nov 10, 2012
How have jamb gone with sentisitisation of candidates to get them ready for the CBT of 2013?
For me Nigeria is not even ready in 2015 for the CBT.

How many of jamb officials is computer literate?

How many of those computer they will bring to the exam hall will still function on that day?

How will they provide security nationwide for the computers?

How will the computers withstand hot sun and also virus from fingers and classroom atmospheres of Nigeria?

How are we sure in the process of taking the exams one computer will not break down and what's the faith of the student that might encounter this.

Jamb for me to believe you guys are ready for CBT in 2015 email me and clarify the above.

Ndewonuooo.

6 Likes

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by VellyG(m): 8:42am On Nov 10, 2012
This is a clear warning for those Already in uni and still don't value their admission.if u get booted outta school getting in is goin to be a problem.

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 10, 2012
Cool if it can work.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by engrtee(f): 8:50am On Nov 10, 2012
D time Jamb release result wont curb exam malpractice
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by goldfish80(m): 8:50am On Nov 10, 2012
I hope they have arrangement for an anti-riot squad τ̅☺ handle the protest that follows thereafter grin grin
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by bright007(f): 8:53am On Nov 10, 2012
what about the "DIBU BASED TEST ??!
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by bid4rich(m): 8:55am On Nov 10, 2012
This is a welcome development but i doubt the credibility of first use. How are we sure that the corrupt official will not bastardize the whole thing. Remember, it is a machine and its due to manipulation sort of, with yahoo-yahoo boys and scammers ready to hack and change the programming language.

Well I suppose they should think well o or else it will be a stupidity per excellence

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by bid4rich(m): 8:58am On Nov 10, 2012
upchair: The key question is will they have enough computers for all candidates round nigeria to sit for the exam. That is going to be a major challenge.

that is No 1. What if riot break out and the computers are broken or carted away by opportunist which is like to happen, what will be the PLAN B for those that are yet to write theirs?
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by k2039: 9:00am On Nov 10, 2012
OkwaIfugo: How have jamb gone with sentisitisation of candidates to get them ready for the CBT of 2013?

How many of those computer they will bring to the exam hall will still function on that day?

How will the computers withstand hot sun and also virus from fingers and classroom atmospheres of Nigeria?

How are we sure in the process of taking the exams one computer will not break down and what's the faith of the student that might encounter this.

Jamb for me to believe you guys are ready for CBT in 2015 email me and clarify the above.

Ndewonuooo.

Have you thought about the fact that the exam could be written in batches

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Wilfredng: 9:00am On Nov 10, 2012
OkwaIfugo: How have jamb gone with sentisitisation of candidates to get them ready for the CBT of 2013?

Ndewonuooo.
Please check your e-mail. Welcome to Nigeria lipsrsealed
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by 360command: 9:04am On Nov 10, 2012
Will there be computers available for everyone?
Will there be power at constant when the examination is going on?
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by unity234: 9:04am On Nov 10, 2012
NOW AVAILABLE!
GET JAMB 2013 COMPUTER BASED TEST(CBT) PREPARATORY & PRACTICE SOFTWARE.
ALSO INCLUDE JAMB UTME PASTQUESTIONS 2000-2012
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Bozzy001(m): 9:06am On Nov 10, 2012
To be sincere with u guys that doesn't stop malpractices!!! But its a good development.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by 360command: 9:10am On Nov 10, 2012

Ndewonuooo.

I bow for your English.I doubt if you participated in JAMB. If u no fit write english,write am for broken.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by a1solution: 9:12am On Nov 10, 2012
Jamb is moving forward Like Gov Fashola of Lagos state which is always ahead of others. Assuming we have people in federal govt thinking forward like this, Nigeria would have been ahead of other African countries. I love positive changes like this. I believe one day American citizens would beging to come to Nigeria for schooling. If you believe me press like button.

8 Likes

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by slap1(m): 9:13am On Nov 10, 2012
GOOD IDEA, WRONG COUNTRY, POOR TIMING.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 10, 2012
Better, Nigeria is coming up but i also think there should be room for paper based.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by RIchibabe(f): 9:15am On Nov 10, 2012
I will advise those writting Jamb next year to choose the formal method which is the perper and pencile type plssss, it will help to be on a saver side
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by sauceEEP(m): 9:15am On Nov 10, 2012
how many secondary schools in nigeria have a standard generator that can run for 30 min? It can only be possible when the erratic power situation of nigeria is tackled unless they are planning on distributing big generating sets to all the secondary schools in nigeria.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by slap1(m): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2012
a1solution: Jamb is moving forward Like Gov Fashola of Lagos state which is always ahead of others. Assuming we have people in federal govt thinking forward like this, Nigeria would have been ahead of other African countries. I love positive changes like this. I believe one day American citizens would beging to come to Nigeria for schooling. If you believe me press like button.
Where is the 'unlike button' when you need it? WHICH NIGERIA?

3 Likes

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Leobreezy(m): 9:19am On Nov 10, 2012
We thank God for those of us who got admission this year. With the cancellation of part-time degree programmes in all Nigerian varsities, only God knows how many people will sit for jamb next year.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Marcela04: 9:19am On Nov 10, 2012
4rm wat i heard, it ll b only 1 center in each state 4 d E-exam.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Thok(m): 9:22am On Nov 10, 2012
Welcome development. But What if the ISP's dissapoint that day. Kilomashele?
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by kodewrita(m): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2012
Most sensible way to implement this is to have designated computerised exam centers.

The computers only connect to download the exam to the machine, then they disconnect and run the exam on there.

Also the exams will not be done on a single day and will be done over 2 weeks or 3.

And once the exam is scored, it connects with the central server and reports the result, then prints out your paper results immediately.

each student takes his or her exam in an enclosure and cannot communicate with any one.

Feel free to bring in any books you like, you'll only lose time as the questions will keep coming at you and once your time's over, the computer cant be argued with, TIME UP IS TIME UP.

Great stuff. Hope it works and is not frustrated by the nigerian system. I also hope they implement it for Poly UME too.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by vanstanzy(m): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2012
It'll be a good scheme, if they can achieve it. And even better, if they can maintain it. GOOD LUCK!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Names Of Recently Sacked Uniben Lecturers Mainly For Reasons Of Sex & Money!!! / Futa Post Ume Result Is Out Check Yours Now / Two UNN Shuttle Buses Collide, One Killed, Several Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.