Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It (15804 Views)

PIX. See What Thieves Did To My Laptop / Phone Shop. / What A Banker Did To Me Recently / Bales Of First Grade Akube(okirika) Just Arrived From United Kingdom Forsale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by ifyclose2(m): 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2012
[b]Hello guys. As you may all know, the importation business is big business, especially in countries like Nigeria if you play your cards right. For the past few months, I have been studying the importation biz, and i have gained a lot of knowledge. My laptop recently arrived from China, and i am going to reveal to you EXACTLY how i went about it.

This info is what some people are selling for cash...but i am going to reveal it to you FREE OF CHARGE!!!...So here we go:

I simply went to www.aliexpress.com to look for a product. There are numerous products there...all you have to do is take your time and select. I eventually settled for this one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Mini-10-inch-laptop-Notebook-Computer-Netbook-cost-effective/514147603.html

So i just clicked on the BUY NOW button and kept following the instructions. As you go further, you'll get to a page where they'll display to you the costs of shipping an item to Nigeria or whichever country you reside, depending on the shipment method. DHL is usually more expensive than china air mail, but i chose DHL all the same, because it's faster.
Then comes the time to make payment. This is where many Nigerians have problems. But it's very simple...all you need is a naira mastercard from a reputable bank like GTB or First bank.....or if you need things done faster, i would suggest you go to Zenith bank and apply for one of these 2

-Zenith bank Websurfer card
-Zenith bank naira mastercard

These 2 will be ready for use within 24 hours of application, and they have a huge advantage over the ordinary naira debit cards, as the probability of getting rejected is almost ZERO....and the MOST BEAUTIFUL part is: you DO NOT need to have an account with zenith bank before you can apply for these 2 cards smiley. Aliexpress and most online websites accept these 2 cards willingly.
So i went ahead and made payment using my zenith naira mastercard. Within a few days, i got this email

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/ifyclose/ship_zps9546c07f.png

(just click on the picture again after it comes up to magnify it and make it bigger)

So after receiving the mail, i just patiently waited for my laptop to arrive.

About 2 weeks later, i returned from work one evening to meet a DHL package resting on my bed. I instinctively knew it was my laptop and tore it open. Here are some pics which i uploaded to my account at www.photobucket.com

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/ifyclose/ifypics273.jpg
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/ifyclose/ifypics272.jpg
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/ifyclose/ifypics270.jpg
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/ifyclose/ifypics276.jpg

Then after a few days, i received this email asking me to confirm the order which i did

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/ifyclose/ship2_zps22795d27.png

Now, the beauty of ALIEXPRESS is that they offer an ESCROW SERVICE...this is a service which protects the buyer from getting scammed and losing his money, and here's how it works:

Once a buyer pays for an item, the money is NOT given to the seller immediately....ALIEXPRESS holds on to the money until the buyer confirms that he/she has successfully received the product which he/she paid for. It is at this point the money will be released to the seller. Simple.

But to be extra safe, whenever you want to buy a product, just look for a seller that has a lot of POSITIVE REVIEWS AND SALES. These are usually genuine.

So that's it folks...simple as that. It's a pity some people are demanding money to release such simple, basic info...but i have given it to you on a platter of gold...just ACT...that's the only thing left...goodluck.

[/b]

15 Likes

Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by dav8id(m): 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2012
Gud post @op..
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by AKMoney1(m): 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2012
Good job @ op but how much does it cost to ship ur item via dhl and is your laptop an original one and not made in china with low and poor performance?
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by Chudoify: 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2012
I luv dis.GOD BLESS YOU MY DEAR
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by kcstyle40(m): 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2012
Wow nice info but @op i luv ur bed so much ...lol viewing the pics makes me go gaga cheesy
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by skyp(m): 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2012
thank u very much for this info. please i like to know the cost of this same laptop in nigeria. please i am asking cos i not currently in nigeria. thanks
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by wonderiyke(m): 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2012
Thanks for sharing. God bless you.... smiley smiley smiley
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by jjjkkkooo: 12:21am On Dec 17, 2012
What actually is the store you bought it from, is it the Kingdel Technology Co, Ltd that i m seeing by the side of the page? What are the examples of the reliable stores?
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by idbass: 4:53am On Dec 17, 2012
ifyclose,pls how do u fund the zenith naira card. thanks my mail is basseyidong@googlemail.com
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by soladnet14: 6:32am On Dec 17, 2012
Pls how much does the whole thing cost, including shipping. Thanks.
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by chemashie(m): 7:00am On Dec 17, 2012
Laptops from aliexpress are made in china, don‘t expect any ruggedness or durability like popular ones. Besides, some sellers do have free DHL,EMS shipping on aliexpress. Good job there @ op.
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by surveyProf(m): 7:41am On Dec 17, 2012
Nice information!
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by AbdulAdam56(m): 8:42am On Dec 17, 2012
Nope in naija we believe in cash n carry,there was many stores around u,u can go nd purchase all dis.Nd they are cheaper,ok how mch u bought urs?Tel us pls.
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by paulharry: 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
good
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
wats the laptop specs and total cost plus shipping, pls?
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by ifyclose2(m): 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
AK Money: Good job @ op but how much does it cost to ship ur item via dhl and is your laptop an original one and not made in china with low and poor performance?
Just select the UPS EXPRESS SAVER shipment method...it costs $64.15, and your package will STILL arrive via DHL...that's exactly what i did....the laptop is made in china.

skyp: thank u very much for this info. please i like to know the cost of this same laptop in nigeria. please i am asking cos i not currently in nigeria. thanks
no idea i'm afraid

jjjkkkooo: What actually is the store you bought it from, is it the Kingdel Technology Co, Ltd that i m seeing by the side of the page? What are the examples of the reliable stores?
yes it is....for the reliable stores, just check on the bottom for the number of STARS they have...the more the better

idbass: ifyclose,pls how do u fund the zenith naira card. thanks my mail is basseyidong@googlemail.com
you just go to zenith bank and collect the usual deposit slip and pay in...simple...the 16 digit number on the card serves as your account number

soladnet14: Pls how much does the whole thing cost, including shipping. Thanks.
if you select UPS SUPER SAVER shipping method (which i did), the total cost is $161.15....the funny thing is: even though i selected UPS super saver, my laptop still arrived via DHL.

tendercharles: wats the laptop specs and total cost plus shipping, pls?
$161.15

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by eyenCalabar(m): 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2012
This is good news. I like it.
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by ifyclose2(m): 10:15pm On Dec 18, 2012
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by Arizona1: 6:52am On Dec 19, 2012
I actually tried it and everything went as you explained but am scraed. Hope my mastercard will not be hacked by these internet rogues just the way they hack credit cards.

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by godello: 7:39am On Dec 19, 2012
Thanks so much for the info.
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by feelamong(m): 1:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
ok, nice one!
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by abbey37(m): 8:34pm On Dec 19, 2012
Good work op
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 22, 2012
@all
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by ticon4life(m): 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2012
thank for yhis.
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by ticon4life(m): 1:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
thanks for this
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by EMOGROUP: 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
@op nice job
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by blazingtrain: 12:37am On Dec 23, 2012
Great work.
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by server123: 7:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
Good one here OP.

You can as well make use of UBA Africard on aliexpress as it has been working since 2011 and still working.

If you don't know,it is perfect for this importation.

Visit any UBA branch to get this card...
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by azpekuliar: 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
^^
Thanks for chipping in that bit.

Good post OP.
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by yamakuza: 7:18am On Dec 26, 2012
The OP did well by outlining the steps, but i think $161 is too much for a 4gb HDD laptop (like N26k). Isnt that the same laptop people parade for N14k?

Those planning to import from China will be well advised to look for "better deals"
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by ifyclose2(m): 10:05am On Jan 10, 2013
Re: My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It by maxibrainz: 10:51am On Jan 10, 2013
yamakuza: The OP did well by outlining the steps, but i think $161 is too much for a 4gb HDD laptop (like N26k). Isnt that the same laptop people parade for N14k?

Those planning to import from China will be well advised to look for "better deals"

yap you right just like the zinox mini laptop i have has 8gig hard disk and sold 20k here in my state. The zinox also has wifi and webcam so it better i buy it here instead of importing unless i see anyone of a higher grade at cheap price then i can import. The pix below is the zinox laptop i have.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Unveils 36 Items Approves For Forex / What's Your Response/reaction To A Coffin-seller Who Complains About Sales-drop? / I Need Idea On How To Start A Nylon Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.