Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,605 members, 7,875,354 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:22 AM

Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast (69755 Views)

Chinese Man Rocking Yoruba Traditional Attire (Photos) / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sybellah: The gouros have the nicest masks overall
but I wonder what the serpent represent in their culture. In almost any of their masks, there are 2 serpents eating either a crow or some random animal

I like Gouro maks, especially Zaouli il dance trop bien
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sybellah: Aboure Women=Southern Akan

kakamou loool, c'est joli qd même

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 29, 2012
@ Ivo check this out grin
les vrai pommage mm, Babi me mank serieux

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Dp9eiae-A

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sybellah: @ Ivo check this out grin
les vrai pommage mm, Babi me mank serieux

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Dp9eiae-A
Gnian wa look at the white man oooooh, loool, le pays me grave, ça fait deja dix ans, je suis plus retourné
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2012
ivorian225: Gnian wa look at the white man oooooh, loool, le pays me grave, ça fait deja dix ans, je suis plus retourné

tchieeeeeeeeeeeeee shocked shocked shocked 10 years? this is too much sha
au moins faut que tu y ailles l'annee prochaine hein pour te ressourcer un peu, c'est impotant
Me it's been 6 years embarassed cry

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2012
Guere/Wobe woman

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
Akan Attire

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2012
Tradi-modern outfit, me like the dresses, beautiful kiss

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
smiley

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sybellah:

tchieeeeeeeeeeeeee shocked shocked shocked 10 years? this is too much sha
au moins faut que tu y ailles l'annee prochaine hein pour te ressourcer un peu, c'est impotant
Me it's been 6 years embarassed cry
yes tu as raison!!! i'll go but in 2016 or 2017 because i want to finish my studies before smiley smiley smiley
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sybellah: Guere/Wobe woman

she is beautifull and she sing very well

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sybellah: Akan Attire

taloua klaman, real akan beauty grin grin
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sybellah: Isabelle Beke smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fWpjGAWxUo
elle chôkô oooh loool, very beautifull, she represent ivorian woman very well
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
ivorian225: yes tu as raison!!! i'll go but in 2016 or 2017 because i want to finish my studies before smiley smiley smiley

ahh nooo toi aussi, just for some holidays during summer or smthg, 10 years is too much
ou bien Babi te manque pas? U left when u were a bit younger that is why....
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2012
ivorian225: elle chôkô oooh loool, very beautifull, she represent ivorian woman very well

in her movie Pari de l'Amour, equiiiie !
it's like she is gonna remove her tongue from her mouth
her accent is too frenchie shaa,
elle on doit l'expedier a Babi fast fast chocobi la va diminuer grin
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sybellah:

ahh nooo toi aussi, just for some holidays during summer or smthg, 10 years is too much
ou bien Babi te manque pas? U left when u were a bit younger that is why....
yes i left babi, when i was 13 years old, si si ça me manque quand même, je suis trop attaché a terre, but my mum veu faire venir ma sister oooh, donc, no money to go looool grin grin
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
ivorian225: yes i left babi, when i was 13 years old, si si ça me manque quand même, je suis trop attaché a terre, but my mum veu faire venir ma sister oooh, donc, no money to go looool grin grin

aah ok je vois smiley
donc attends alors when u ll be ready u ll go back wink

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sybellah:

in her movie Pari de l'Amour, equiiiie !
it's like she is gonna remove her tongue from her mouth
her accent is too frenchie shaa,
elle on doit l'expedier a Babi fast fast chocobi la va diminuer grin
looool, i get a dvd of this movie, je ne m'en lasse pas avec djédjé apali qui est excellent aussi dans le film
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
ivorian225: looool, i get a dvd of this movie, je ne m'en lasse pas avec djédjé apali qui est excellent aussi dans le film

Djedje Apali is eye candy grin handsome dude indeed

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 29, 2012
hey @syb I do some resaerch about kru people of lib and civ, and i find some interesting infos like the bhete of liberia are the Grebo, but some people say the behte of lib are the bassa so je dois verifier tt ça et confondre les source, and the kru of lib say that they come fron civ, et ce n'est pas l'inverse qui c'est produit c'est a dire lib vers civ, what do you think these info
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
ivorian225: hey @syb I do some resaerch about kru people of lib and civ, and i find some interesting infos like the bhete of liberia are the Grebo, but some people say the behte of lib are the bassa so je dois verifier tt ça et confondre les source, and the kru of lib say that they come fron civ, et ce n'est pas l'inverse qui c'est produit c'est a dire lib vers civ, what do you think these info

Yea about your last sentence, i have seen several source online claiming that the kru from Lib actually came from civ and not the inverse,
what i think is those Kru population have just been settle there for a long time (Lib and CIV)

We got to look for some Bassa vid and see how they talk, make the comparison, since u r Bhete i think u ll know even if they talk a different kind of Bhete
They are different Bassa community across africa. I don't know if it is the same people (some sources claim it is, and I ve seen one saying that they originated somewhere around mozambique and migrated north to settle in Kmer, Nigeria, Liberia and Senegal (Bassari)), but they go by the same name: Bassa
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sybellah:

Yea about your last sentence, i have seen several source online claiming that the kru from Lib actually came from civ and not the inverse,
what i think is those Kru population have just been settle there for a long time (Lib and CIV)

We got to look for some Bassa vid and see how they talk, make the comparison, since u r Bhete i think u ll know even if they talk a different kind of Bhete
They are different Bassa community across africa. I don't know if it is the same people (some sources claim it is, and I ve seen one saying that they originated somewhere around mozambique and migrated north to settle in Kmer, Nigeria, Liberia and Senegal (Bassari)), but they go by the same name: Bassa
si si j'ai deja entendu un bassa liberien parler, il compte comme en bété et il ya quelque mot qui sont pareil mais a part ça, je vois pas trop de similitudes heiiiin, about the differnt Bassa accros africa, i'll do some research online again, parce que je ne suis pas au point sur ça!!!
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
ivorian225: si si j'ai deja entendu un bassa liberien parler, il compte comme en bété et il ya quelque mot qui sont pareil mais a part ça, je vois pas trop de similitudes heiiiin, about the differnt Bassa accros africa, i'll do some research online again, parce que je ne suis pas au point sur ça!!!

tchieee shocked
so they have the same #s as the Bhete, this is already something, so maybe it's true. Do u think it's closer to Gagnoa B?
what about their surnames? are they somewhat similar?
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sybellah:

tchieee shocked
so they have the same #s as the Bhete, this is already something, so maybe it's true. Do u think it's closer to Gagnoa B?
what about their surnames? are they somewhat similar?
maybe, but like the bhete their like rice (saka grin grin grin) et il compte comme ns( tous les bhete compte de la même maniere a quelque exception dans certains chiffre par exemple a gagnoa deux tribus ne disent pas 9 de la même maniere, mais sinon generalement on compte tous pareil) et quelque mots que j'ai entendu et qui voulait dire la même chose en bété
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 30, 2012
I ve u heard also that maybe the Bhete are the Ijaws of Naija, for this one i ain't too sure tho...but i know there is a very tiny small Bete community there almost extinct in Taraba state. Don't know if there are similar tho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bete_language_(Nigeria)
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 30, 2012
ivorian225: maybe, but like the bhete their like rice (saka grin grin grin) et il compte comme ns( tous les bhete compte de la même maniere a quelque exception dans certains chiffre par exemple a gagnoa deux tribus ne disent pas 9 de la même maniere, mais sinon generalement on compte tous pareil) et quelque mots que j'ai entendu et qui voulait dire la même chose en bété

oh woow, so prob they are, let me look for some vids, and u ll tell me how well u understand some expressions
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 30, 2012
This is Bassa from Nigeria, I think they have a somewhat similar intonation, but i maybe wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEXuhf6rQDo

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 30, 2012
Sybellah: I ve u heard also that maybe the Bhete are the Ijaws of Naija, for this one i ain't too sure tho...but i know there is a very tiny small Bete community there almost extinct in Taraba state. Don't know if there are similar tho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bete_language_(Nigeria)
loool les gens vont ns tué, i heard cameroon(betis because we have some name in common, just because of that, i heard ethiopia, i heard ghana tooo) but ijaws laaaaa, je ne les connais pas heiiiin loool(je ferais des recherche sur les ijaws) and i don't know the bete of naija too

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / BBC's Documentary On The 'Bronze Cast Head Of The Ife King' / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.