Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace (10178 Views)

Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground / Alaafin Of Oyo Steps Out Again With His 4 Wives (photos). / Alaafin Of Oyo & His Wives Cause A Stir At Abuja Airport (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by gister2: 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
The palace of the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi has been gutted by fire. The inferno razed down about 21 rooms of the ancient palace.

According to the Media Assistant to the monarch, Alhaji Azeez Fehintola, the fire started around 6am Wednesday, raging uncontrollably before the arrival of fire fighters about an hour later.

“The fire-fighters came at some minutes past seven and battled it till it was finally put out. Every part of the affected apartments were completely razed. It was a really sad day for the Ayabas because many of their property were destroyed. They keep their monies in the palace. Plasma television sets, jeweleries, clothes, and many other valuables”, he said.

Mostly affected parts are the flats of Princess Folasade (Iyaa Meta), Princess Rukayat, and Princess Abibat.

Though, no life was lost and no injuries recorded, Vanguard gathered that some undisclosed amount of money was lost to the inferno. Besides, some rooms known as Ile Ori, Ile Ifa where artifacts and other valuables were stored were destroyed by the raging fire.

The monarch did not grant any interview as he was said not to be in the right mood to entertain any questions from reporters.

It was learnt that electrical surge from the Power Holding Company of Nigeria ignited the inferno.

The officials of the fire service said they could only confirm the incident but were not in a position to say what led to the fire outbreak.
SOURCE

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by braine(m): 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
Its harmattan and things can catch fire quickly. Its time for renovation.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
WOW OMGS! THIS IS SAD! cry
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
Na wa o! This fire calamity don too much! But why is PHCN responsible for most fire out breaks?
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by gbolah1(m): 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
It was a sad new n a big lose, may almighty God give kabiyesi ability to bearrhe lose
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by takedat(m): 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ile Oba to jo ewa lo bu si. Ade a pe lori!

7 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by nduchucks: 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
I will not believe thiss story until I hear from the Ooni of Ife, period.
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by nduchucks: 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
Starting this New year with a burnt house. Not a good news
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by citadelconsult: 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
ndu_chucks: I will not believe thiss story until I hear from the Ooni of Ife, period.
Will it build another one.
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by ochukoccna: 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
Fire happening everywhere of recent
Some people said its hatmattan but na today harmattan start dey happen?
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by sheedy407(m): 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
If Oni Of Ife cant pick his fone to call and tell me about d fire outbreak,den i seize to belive.
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by iamswizz(m): 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
ochukoccna: Fire happening everywhere of recent
Some people said its hatmattan but na today harmattan start dey happen?
End Time?

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Neku(m): 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
'Besides, some rooms known
as Ile Ori, Ile Ifa where
artifacts and other valuables
were stored were destroyed
by the raging fire.' What a pity! So those artoifacts couldn't stop the fire!!!! Hmmmmm
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by BodyKiss(m): 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
WOW OMGS! THIS IS SAD! cry

Pretender.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by IYANGBALI: 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ile Oba to jo ewa lo bu si

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by 80million1: 11:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
ile oba to jo, ewa lo bu si.

*na so Yoruba peeps talk*
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by bigt2(m): 11:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
This is a questionable post....smh! I'm born and bred in the town! Ive got no message of such gibberish! tongue undecided angry
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 10, 2013
big-t:
This is a questionable post....smh! I'm was born and bred in the town! Ive got no message of such gibberish! tongue undecided angry

Do you still reside there?
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by zangiff(m): 12:19am On Jan 10, 2013
fire no suppose fit cash dat place na , d man na
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by SELFWORTH: 12:43am On Jan 10, 2013
You mean Fire Service exists in Nigeria. lt probably only exists for the elite.

So many houses get burnt in Lagos, nobody turns up until scavengers start fighting over scrap.

I don't feel sorry for him. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

If it was a poor man's house, no one will care.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by billynoni(m): 2:05am On Jan 10, 2013
citadel consult:
Will 'IT' build another one.
.........hw abt 'HE'?
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by ghettodreamz(m): 2:28am On Jan 10, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Ile Oba to jo ewa lo bu si

True talk.. But the burnt artefacts? Irrecoverable, Shikena! grin grin grin grin
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Nobody: 2:49am On Jan 10, 2013
The Ooni of Ife may know sumtin
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by tjskii(f): 3:48am On Jan 10, 2013
the first thing that popped into my head on reading this is,are u sure someone didnt steal those valuable artifacts and used the fire to cover up his tracks undecided
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Nobody: 4:07am On Jan 10, 2013
Ile Oba to'jo Ewa Lo Busi.
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by victorD3: 4:24am On Jan 10, 2013
Very sad! Where they rusting ram? Well ACN will build another one.
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by dayokanu(m): 4:48am On Jan 10, 2013
Where is the NL called Ilebatojo

https://www.nairaland.com/ileobatojo
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Alhasan1(m): 5:00am On Jan 10, 2013
"The Alaafin's palace that was burnt,has added to its splendour/grandeur".All those who have blue blood in their veins will be responsible to contributete

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Umahi Lays Foundation For 5,000 Houses For Less Privileged (Photos) / Dapo Abiodun Praises Efforts Of Ogun State Teachers (Pictures) / Early Pictures From The APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.