Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,173 members, 7,839,001 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? (3616 Views)

Was Jesus Crucified On Pole Or Cross / Was Mary,mother Of Jesus Crucified? / When Was Jesus Crucified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by AtheistD(m): 7:41am On Jan 15, 2013
Stake. At the time of Christ the Romans rarely used crosses for crucifixion. A long stake saved wood and was cheaper. Check out Spartacus. He was crucified and it was by a stake too.

2 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by megachuks(m): 8:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
Jesus was hung on a tree Act 5 : 30

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by Geewan(m): 12:02am On Jan 19, 2013
Wonderful question.
I'm still waiting for the answer.
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by ihedioramma: 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
TELK UR TIME DONT MAKE ANY ONE SIN BECOS OF UR WORLDS.
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by plappville(f): 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
tintingz: Christians should clear this on how was Jesus crucified...

Was it on a cross, pole, stake?

And you have the right to question Christians and make mock of Jesus without a banned warning from moderator abi? na only una sabi pick offense!
sigh!!
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by plappville(f): 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
tintingz: Lol...good! that means the Jehovah withness were right for calling some christian sect pagans

If the jews said it was a stake why do many christians adopted the cross thing and even wear it on their neck

The wear of cross no concern you, leave that to the Christians. I could ask a good question on how did the quran/hadith discribe the poison that killed Muhammed
this will offend Muslims, but when you people write about Jesus, no one cry. You have said that Jesus was hanged like a chicken here, no one reported you.
But when i sarted exposing Islam, i am being warned here and there.....rub.
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by plappville(f): 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
tintingz: that confusing o Why them change am...is like they are also confused bout the cross thing cheesy while the catholic strongly hold on to the cross symbol
Isnt this offensive?
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by plappville(f): 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
Paris_Love: What Muhammad poisoned with a cow, goat or pig meat?

You may be banned for this question, only Muslims have the right to write about our faith...NL is unfair.... angry
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by plappville(f): 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
tintingz: according to Mohammed(sa) the 'cross' stands for christianity since that what christians adopted from the pagan and carried the symbol during their crusading...and btw Mohammed(sa) believed Jesus(as) was not even hung on anything(but it was shown to them like that) and raised to heaven alive grin grin

So that your answer not according to Mohammed(as) smiley

The bible is the truth, the Quran cannot and will never superceed the Bible.
Muhammed canot show the way for us, Jesus has already done that.So keep to yourself what he says.

2 John 1:7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
megachuks: Jesus was hung on a tree Act 5 : 30
grin
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
plappville:

And you have the right to question Christians and make mock of Jesus without a banned warning from moderator abi? na only una sabi pick offense!
sigh!!
hello o...where did i mock Jesus in this thread...i only ask a question since some christians disagreed with the cross symbol

If it was a christian thread about Mohammed(sa) we will see different kind of insults...dont wanna mention them
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
plappville:

The wear of cross no concern you, leave that to the Christians. I could ask a good question on how did the quran/hadith discribe the poison that killed Muhammed
this will offend Muslims, but when you people write about Jesus, no one cry. You have said that Jesus was hanged like a chicken here, no one reported you.
But when i sarted exposing Islam, i am being warned here and there.....rub.
mtss...Muslims dont insult Jesus(as), and asking about Mohammed(sa) death will be answered but you will never agree with the answers

Jesus was hung like chicken?, i didnt say that in this thread and btw isn't that what christians believed in? Mtss...
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 4:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
Geewan:
Wonderful question.
I'm still waiting for the answer.
no answer yet smiley

But many agree with stake
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by plappville(f): 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
tintingz: hello o...where did i mock Jesus in this thread...i only ask a question since some christians disagreed with the cross symbol

If it was a christian thread about Mohammed(sa) we will see different kind of insults...dont wanna mention them

You know the thread am talking about...stop pretending!!
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by plappville(f): 5:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
tintingz: mtss...Muslims dont insult Jesus(as), and asking about Mohammed(sa) death will be answered but you will never agree with the answers

Jesus was hung like chicken?, i didnt say that in this thread and btw isn't that what christians believed in? Mtss...

You answer nothing, your eyes gets red when the quran/hadiths are qouted!
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
plappville:

You know the thread am talking about...stop pretending!!
yeah i know and i didnt mock Jesus(as) son of Mary(as)
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 5:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
plappville:

You answer nothing, your eyes gets red when the quran/hadiths are qouted!
you dey see my eyes? tongue
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by plappville(f): 9:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
tintingz: yeah i know and i didnt mock Jesus(as) son of Mary(as)

If that is not mockery to you no prob...i hope you will not cry when the quran will be qouted.
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by plappville(f): 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
tintingz: you dey see my eyes? tongue

No but your replies alone tells...hahahah this your thread is boring.... grin grin grin
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by plappville(f): 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
Bidam: I wonder why all this satanic doctrines keep rearing its ugly head just to cause division in the Church of Christ..i now understand the tricks and wiles of the devil.. he still employs the same old tricks like he employed in the garden of eden even today..always twisting and manipulating scriptures to say wat God has not said...eve was decieved and not adam..just like the Church(bride of Christ) is being deceived and not Jesus Christ( the Last Adam)..Now this topic should not even be a subject of debate among believers cos it causes quarels, abuse, dissensions which are the works of the devil...Our God is not the Author of Confusion..God can use even the devil to fufill his purposes on the earth..some are now agitating the KjV is flawed and should re-witten..God is the author of all languages and He knows and understands them even better than we humans..now if i call yesu as Jesus wen i pray..does dat negate the efficacy of that name? No it does not..If the bible says it is a CROSS..it is definitely wat it is A CROSS..MEN ARE INSPIRED BY GOD TO WRITE THE BIBLE...this same bible has been used of God to convert and to edify millions of people before we were even born..so wat are we saying? Smh!

CORRECT TALK, 1000 LIKESSSS!!!!
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
plappville:

No but your replies alone tells...hahahah this your thread is boring.... grin grin grin
Lol grin ofcos it gona be boring since no christian can give what their god was really hanged on grin
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
plappville:

If that is not mockery to you no prob...i hope you will not cry when the quran will be qouted.

dont quote any Quran verses here...just answer the op question
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by plappville(f): 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
tintingz: dont quote any Quran verses here...just answer the op question

You will soon read the uncountable slavery verses of the Quran/hadith....hahaha..why do Muslim not respect this slavery laws? They decided to put a stop to it? Allah must be angry with you .for not owning a slave.... grin
Re: Was Jesus Crucified On A Cross, Pole, Or Stake? by tintingz(m): 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
plappville:

You will soon read the uncountable slavery verses of the Quran/hadith....hahaha..why do Muslim not respect this slavery laws? They decided to put a stop to it? Allah must be angry with you .for not owning a slave.... grin
boring *yawning* where is my coffee

(1) (2) (Reply)

You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? / Is This How Religion Will Die? / This Ghost Paid My Transport Fare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.