Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,232 members, 7,842,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Igbo Woman Marrying A Yoruba Man. Tips On Traditional Wedding Please! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Woman Marrying A Yoruba Man. Tips On Traditional Wedding Please! (3603 Views)

10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires / What Are Your Beliefs On Traditional Medicine? / Are There Any Experts On Traditional Igbo Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Woman Marrying A Yoruba Man. Tips On Traditional Wedding Please! by Pinkbutterfly: 10:57pm On Feb 26, 2013
I am an Igbo lady marrying a yoruba man over here in the UK in the next couple of months. I wish to incorporate both the Igbo tradition and the Yoruba tradition into the traditional wedding on that day. He is from Nigeria but I was raised in the UK.
Do you have any tips how I should go about it? I plan to change my outfits from the traditional Igbo "judge" to the Yoruba aso oke perhaps. How do I incorporate carrying the palm wine as well as other Yoruba traditions?

Thanks!

[/color][color=#770077]
Re: Igbo Woman Marrying A Yoruba Man. Tips On Traditional Wedding Please! by Ikwikwikwi(m): 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
Why do you chose a Yoruba man of all Nigerian men? You better remain single than marry a Yoruba man because he will definitely marry another woman
Re: Igbo Woman Marrying A Yoruba Man. Tips On Traditional Wedding Please! by valena23(f): 11:26pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ikwikwikwi: Why do you chose a Yoruba man of all Nigerian men? You better remain single than marry a Yoruba man because he will definitely marry another woman
undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman Marrying A Yoruba Man. Tips On Traditional Wedding Please! by valena23(f): 11:35pm On Feb 26, 2013
Well firstly congratulations! Since you're the bride, I would say the majority of the traditional wedding should flow towards the Igbo side. But you could incorporate Yoruba aspects such as the groom prostrating to your parents, the women representing both sides of the family (there's a name for them but I can't remember it lol and one could be Igbo)and when you finally come out to give him the palm wine, you can wear the traditional Igbo attire and put the Yoruba veil on top. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman Marrying A Yoruba Man. Tips On Traditional Wedding Please! by cantell(m): 11:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ikwikwikwi: Why do you chose a Yoruba man of all Nigerian men? You better remain single than marry a Yoruba man because he will definitely marry another woman
Not far from the truth.
Re: Igbo Woman Marrying A Yoruba Man. Tips On Traditional Wedding Please! by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Pinkbutterfly: I am an Igbo lady marrying a yoruba man over here in the UK in the next couple of months. I wish to incorporate both the Igbo tradition and the Yoruba tradition into the traditional wedding on that day. He is from Nigeria but I was raised in the UK.
Do you have any tips how I should go about it? I plan to change my outfits from the traditional Igbo "judge" to the Yoruba aso oke perhaps. How do I incorporate carrying the palm wine as well as other Yoruba traditions?

Thanks!

[/color][color=#770077]

You can go s..uck obasanjo and tinubu d..ikk for all i care....stupid woman!
Re: Igbo Woman Marrying A Yoruba Man. Tips On Traditional Wedding Please! by oturugo(m): 2:59am On Feb 27, 2013
valena_23: Well firstly congratulations! Since you're the bride, I would say the majority of the traditional wedding should flow towards the Igbo side. But you could incorporate Yoruba aspects such as the groom prostrating to your parents, the women representing both sides of the family (there's a name for them but I can't remember it lol and one could be Igbo)and when you finally come out to give him the palm wine, you can wear the traditional Igbo attire and put the Yoruba veil on top. Hope this helps.
Go and hide your face in shame. I wonder the sort of home you come from. Why are there so many shameless girls today pretending to be Igbo?.
Re: Igbo Woman Marrying A Yoruba Man. Tips On Traditional Wedding Please! by ifyalways(f): 7:56am On Feb 27, 2013
OP,Since you are Igbo,why not maintain your identity for at least that day;be as much Igbo as you can.
It would be good to see you in full Igbo regalia while your husband goes with Yoruba attire too.
Congratulations in your marriage and all the best.Ignore the negative comments here,their opinions don't matter when it comes to your life,ok? kiss

1 Like

Re: Igbo Woman Marrying A Yoruba Man. Tips On Traditional Wedding Please! by daylae(m): 6:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
A disturbed yoruba guy would have said the same if the poster were to be a yoruba marrying a igbo man. But why such headache in other's business??

(1) (Reply)

9 Extreme Body Modifications You Can Blame On Culture / Black Men Are Weak And White Men Are Powerful / I Am From East Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.