Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,962 members, 7,852,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:38 PM

Zimbabwe Has Roads? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwe Has Roads? (3740 Views)

Zimbabwe’s Mugabe Shouts “we Are Not Gays!” During U.N. Speech / Shocking Video – Zimbabwe Pastor Caught Bonking Church Member' Wife [video] / Zimbabwe's Mr. Ugly 2012 Reclaims Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Kobojunkie: 9:59am On Apr 22, 2008
Yet I watch that movie and I see clearly it is the rural area kind of like what we have here with farms and farmers selling farm goods along the road,  interesting,  are you sure CNN is the problem here Cause we are both Nigerians watching the same movie.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by romeo(m): 10:06am On Apr 22, 2008
My question is, why is Zimbabwe all over the news? we have more dictators in Africa, we have inflation in almost every African country, so why that craze for Zimbabwe? i need an answer to that
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Kobojunkie: 10:15am On Apr 22, 2008
romeo:

My question is, why is Zimbabwe all over the news? we have more dictators in Africa, we have inflation in almost every African country, so why that craze for Zimbabwe? i need an answer to that

Isn't this like asking why Burma was in the news some months ago?? Please let us stay on the sane line here. Kenya was in the news some months ago and every now and then cause of the elections there. Zimbabwe is back in the news cause of the elections and the situation with the elections. Even american politics is in the news cause of the election. What is wrong with Zimbabwe having it's own time?? Or would you rather we all ignore what is going on in Zimbabwe just cause?? I do not know if you understand that there are Zimbabweans around the world who are actually fighting to keep the media on Zimbabwe so that the situation in that country can improve with Mugabe knowing that the world is watching him now, and not just the UN. Instead of taking an anti-CNN stance on this just cause you can not accept that the pictures are real and just that, why not focus on the good that could potentially come out of this. If the case where that CNN doctored those pictures, then we would be having a completely different conversation here but fact remains, you are Nigeria, I am Nigeria and yet we watch the same movie and see completely different things. I think that goes to show that it may not be the video that is the issue here but individual perception of what is seen.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Tonim(f): 10:24am On Apr 22, 2008
romeo:

Zimbabwe is all over the news because the western media wants to put Mugabe in bad light for taking land from the white farmers.

If the western media really cared about the plight of africans, they would probably concentrate on countries like sudan & somalia. Ordinarily,
CNN, BBC and co could care less if Zimbabweans couldn't afford a loaf of bread or if the country was experiencing 1 million %
inflation per annum.

Many people living in the west didn't even know of a country called Zimbabwe until the white farmers issue came up. Now, a day
cannot go by without their media talking about the situation in Zimbabwe. That's western media for you.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by romeo(m): 10:27am On Apr 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Isn't this like asking why Burma was in the news some months ago?? Please let us stay on the sane line here. Kenya was in the news some months ago and every now and then cause of the elections there. Zimbabwe is back in the news cause of the elections and the situation with the elections. Even american politics is in the news cause of the election. What is wrong with Zimbabwe having it's own time?? Or would you rather we all ignore what is going on in Zimbabwe just cause?? I do not know if you understand that there are Zimbabweans around the world who are actually fighting to keep the media on Zimbabwe so that the situation in that country can improve with Mugabe knowing that the world is watching him now, and not just the UN. Instead of taking an anti-CNN stance on this just cause you can not accept that the pictures are real and just that, why not focus on the good that could potentially come out of this. If the case where that CNN doctored those pictures, then we would be having a completely different conversation here but fact remains, you are Nigeria, I am Nigeria and yet we watch the same movie and see completely different things. I think that goes to show that it may not be the video that is the issue here but individual perception of what is seen.

How many times did we see Zimbabwe on the news before the land seizures?
How many times do we hear about Cameroon and Paul Biya?
what about the dictator in Togo?
what about the dictator in Guinea Equitorial¿
what about the Dictators in Guinea Conakry, Egypt, Chad, Gambia

How much do we get to see them in your darling CNN or BBC? because the imperialists have no interest in those countries.

The video you are making so much noise about did not show anything about Zimbabwe and her people, but about ZANU-PF abandoned citrus farm and the inflation
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by romeo(m): 10:29am On Apr 22, 2008
Tonim:

Zimbabwe is all over the news because the western media wants to put Mugabe in bad light for taking land from the white farmers.

If the western media really cared about the plight of africans, they would probably concentrate on countries like sudan & somalia. Ordinarily,
CNN, BBC and co could care less if Zimbabweans couldn't afford a loaf of bread or if the country was experiencing 1 million %
inflation per annum.

Many people living in the west didn't even know of a country called Zimbabwe until the white farmers issue came up. Now, a day
cannot go by without their media talking about the situation in Zimbabwe. That's western media for you.

Thank you very much my sister kiss
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Kobojunkie: 10:35am On Apr 22, 2008
romeo:

How many times did we see Zimbabwe on the news before the land seizures?

I don't know if you know this but the land seizure did not happen yesterday. It started back in 2003 and continued. Zimbabwe has not been in the news all that time so why is this suddenly your own number one reason why Zimbabwe is in the news again? I mean aside from the fact that there was actually an election to determine if Mugabe gets to stay another term in addition to the 28 years he has stayed as leader in Zimbabwe.

How many times do we hear about Cameroon and Paul Biya?
what about the dictator in Togo?
what about the dictator in Guinea Equitorial¿
what about the Dictators in Guinea Conakry, Egypt, Chad, Gambia

I think for the very fact that these people are not in the news today, shows that it is more about what is going on than "white farmers". Mind you, Egypt was back in the news some weeks ago cause of the elections and now for food shortage riots. Kenya is still in the news as there have been riots over recent weeks before the sharing of power agreement which was announced last week or so and there are no white farmer issues there.

How much do we get to see them in your darling CNN or BBC? because the imperialists have no interest in those countries.

The video you are making so much noise about did not show anything about Zimbabwe and her people, but about ZANU-PF abandoned citrus farm and the inflation
Again, I ask you again, why it is that you, a Nigeria and I, another Nigerian watch the same programs and come off with different ideas. Do you seriously believe that BBC AND CNN ( your imperialists in this case) are the problem?? Or is it more of perception issues here I did not make any noise about the video. I simply asked you to watch a video from CNN on Zimbabwe which actually shows rural Zimbabwe but to this point of the discussion, you are yet to tell me what you see but have gone on and on to focus on the opposition in Zimbabwe when this was about the claim that CNN and BBC showing zimbabwe having no roads.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by FMK(m): 10:42am On Apr 22, 2008
African  Politicians always play Cazino in such matter ,

maybe Fire and  Bloody   can solve this  as happened with Pascual Lissuba  in Congo ( i think that they Want  ) i am not sure that Mugabe will remain Sillent  if he looses,  he will be armed  to fight   wink undecided
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by romeo(m): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2008
It seems you don't watch the news at all. Zimbabwe had been on the news ever since the land seizure occured and not prior to that.

If you loosen up a bit you might come to understand my point
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by FMK(m): 10:48am On Apr 22, 2008
i did not read from the biggining  Sorry,
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Tonim(f): 10:49am On Apr 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I think for the very fact that these people are not in the news today, shows that it is more about what is going on than "white farmers". [b]Mind you, Egypt was back in the news some weeks ago cause of the elections and now for food shortage riots. Kenya is still in the news as there have been riots over recent weeks before the sharing of power agreement [/b]which was announced last week or so and there are no white farmer issues there.

Kobojunkie, you can't draw parallels between the Egyptian and Kenyan coverages and the Zimbabwean coverage because the Egyptian and Kenyan
coverage has since fiddled out (when was the last time the BBC covered the Egyptian food issue ?) while that of Zimbabwe has been nothing
short of consistent.

Haba, Zimbabwe even banned the BBC from covering their country, but they have continued unabated from South Africa.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Kobojunkie: 10:56am On Apr 22, 2008
romeo:

It seems you don't watch the news at all. Zimbabwe had been on the news ever since the land seizure occured and not prior to that.

If you loosen up a bit you might come to understand my point

By that statement you made there, I am now sure you do not watch the news at all but are just trying to make a false point. Zimbabwe has not been in the news at all like that. I happen to watch CNN international almost 24 hours of the day for years and I listen to BBC world when I am not watching CNN. I know for sure that Zimbabwe has not been on the news as you claim it has.

For cases such as this, I appreciate google for the way it keeps information for us. Here are some links to help clear that notion you have. These links are to help you compare what you have and what is recorded and there are even graphs to help you see more to this. use the Links to check by year and more on the actual amount number of articles in the news on the different countries and more.

CAMEROON
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=source:cnn+Cameroon&scoring=n&hl=en&um=1&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=2006&as_hdate=2006&lnav=d7

NIGERIA
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=source:cnn+Nigeria&scoring=n&hl=en&um=1&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=2006&as_hdate=2006&lnav=d6

ZIMBABWE
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&rlz=1T4GZAZ_enUS271US271&q=source:cnn+zimbabwe&um=1&ie=UTF-8&resnum=1&ct=title&scoring=n&sa=N&start=50

EGYPT
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=source:cnn+egypt&scoring=n&hl=en&um=1&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=2006&as_hdate=2006&lnav=d9

CHAD
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=source:cnn+chad&scoring=n&hl=en&um=1&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=2006&as_hdate=2006&lnav=d7

KENYA
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=source:cnn+Kenya&scoring=n&hl=en&um=1&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=2006&as_hdate=2006&lnav=d7
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Kobojunkie: 11:03am On Apr 22, 2008
Tonim:

Kobojunkie, you can't draw parallels between the Egyptian and Kenyan coverages and the Zimbabwean coverage because the Egyptian and Kenyan
coverage has since fiddled out (when was the last time the BBC covered the Egyptian food issue ?) while that of Zimbabwe has been nothing
short of consistent.

Haba, Zimbabwe even banned the BBC from covering their country, but they have continued unabated from South Africa.

I am not sure if you understand it but this is election in Africa, in Zimbabwe where the man has been in there for 28 years and may potentially have seen his last days. I happen to be one of those who wake up early in the morning to check the news for updates on Zimbabwe and I have friends across the globe who do same. Some even live in South Africa. I also had friends who followed the situation in Kenya closely for months as well, and even to this day. Maybe it is not important to you but apparently it is to others and I would not think it is CNN or BBC to blame if they give the people what they want.

China banned foreign reporters yet that has not stopped reporters from reporting on the chinese issue either. In reply to your question about the BBC and Egypt, I ask that you watch the video at this link for more information   http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7355883.stm

[img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7355883.stm[/img]

[flash=200,200]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7355883.stm[/flash]
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by romeo(m): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

By that statement you made there, I am now sure you do not watch the news at all but are just trying to make a false point. Zimbabwe has not been in the news at all like that. I happen to watch CNN international almost 24 hours of the day for years and I listen to BBC world when I am not watching CNN. I know for sure that Zimbabwe has not been on the news as you claim it has.

For cases such as this, I appreciate google for the way it keeps information for us. Here are some links to help clear that notion you have. These links are to help you compare what you have and what is recorded and there are even graphs to help you see more to this. use the Links to check by year and more on the actual amount number of articles in the news on the different countries and more.

CAMEROON
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=source:cnn+Cameroon&scoring=n&hl=en&um=1&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=2006&as_hdate=2006&lnav=d7

NIGERIA
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=source:cnn+Nigeria&scoring=n&hl=en&um=1&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=2006&as_hdate=2006&lnav=d6

ZIMBABWE
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&rlz=1T4GZAZ_enUS271US271&q=source:cnn+zimbabwe&um=1&ie=UTF-8&resnum=1&ct=title&scoring=n&sa=N&start=50

EGYPT
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=source:cnn+egypt&scoring=n&hl=en&um=1&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=2006&as_hdate=2006&lnav=d9

CHAD
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=source:cnn+chad&scoring=n&hl=en&um=1&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=2006&as_hdate=2006&lnav=d7

KENYA
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=source:cnn+Kenya&scoring=n&hl=en&um=1&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=2006&as_hdate=2006&lnav=d7

Why are you such a fraud? you watch CNN & BBC 24hrs a day?

did you check the news on your irrelevant links before posting them? what has Eto'o or Ivory Coast vs Cameroon got to do with discussion here?

please give me a better link or shut up
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Kobojunkie: 11:12am On Apr 22, 2008
uummm,  What in the world are you talking about I gave you a link for most each of the countries you claimed CNN was not reporting on for you to gauge your claims with reality. I even went ahead to explain that all you need to do is click around to get more information on actual reporting from CNN on Zimbabwe, compare that with reporting from the same on other countries which you asked of earlier.

Your whole argument has been on your belief that CNN does not cover those other countries at all as much as it does Zimbabwe and those posts are to help you figure out fact from fiction. And by the way, I choose GOOGLE which is not CNN to  actually be the source of the information here. Why not instead of jumping to conclusions check out the links.

Yes, maybe not 24 hours of the day but considering the news if repeated every so many hours I do watch CNN and BBC, almost religiously. I am online more than I am offline so I check out the sites often. My TV is either on CNN or BBC while I sleep, need to break the habit but I prefer it on when I am sleeping, it is usually on the news channel. I even started adding Fox to my list recently.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by outlaws(m): 9:16am On Apr 25, 2008
cool

When White people present Africa, they hide all the good things and show all the bad things.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Blatant: 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2008
Zimbabwe has people running around killing each other and it has. . .

. . . BBC and the British establishment always looking to influence things selfishly
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by darfur(m): 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2008
mugabe is evil . . . i agree

but anybody here who is pretending that the western media does not "embellish" their presentation is a big time wanton fool for all i care.

i have met a parliamentarian who was elected as an independent representing a constituency somewhere near manchester(b/c he mentioned being alex ferguson's and man u's representative) for one term and served as a BBC foreign correspondent b4 his election and he stated that the problem he had with the BBC was that they deviated their focus from news reporting to 'imagery' of poverty in africa and western aid to alleviate poverty.

this was so annoying to him as the media became a propaganda tool.

yeah mugabe is evil, but let's not pretend that the western media is that great dude that reports objectively

that is a lie
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Jun 28, 2008
NEWS FLASH!!!

EVERY MEDIA HOUSE ON THIS PLANET, whether NTA or Port-Harcourt News; even the mu-slim channels and the holy channels EMBELLISH, AND FROM TIME TO TIME serve as PROPAGANDA tools.

If you do not know that by now, then maybe that is where the problem starts. Even we humans do exactly same. That is why parents advice their kids not to believe everything they hear and people, even those in the news say the same from time to time.

If an adult has not figured that out by now and continues to expect the media to preach what he wants in particular, I suggest that adult go in for checkup, quick!!

You put two humans in a room and set off a domino; the two will come to you with different descriptions of the same event. If you are not a witness yourself, all you can do is listen to the

narrations from both sides and draw out a picture of what really happened. Even if you witnessed the event, chances are you will have a different story to tell.

Enough of this whining, and blaming of the western media for utterly ridiculous things please.

1) ALL Media Houses including NTA does exactly the same thing so this is not just a western thing.

2) Just because you do not see what you want to see on TV at one time does not mean it has never been shown

3) The Media Houses, like every other business on this planet, are run by human beings, who we all know are subject to their perception.

If you want to learn more about Zimbabwe, go there and see for yourself. Not expect the media to be your teacher in all things. The very idea that anyone would expect to get education of

that sort from the media utterly amazes me.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by darfur(m): 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

EVERY MEDIA HOUSE ON THIS PLANET, . . . . EMBELLISH, AND FROM TIME TO TIME serve as PROPAGANDA tools.

this coming from kobojunkie is a great achievement
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2008
darfur:

this coming from kobojunkie is a great achievement

Did you even bother reading my posts ?? Or are you just able to see that NOW cause you selectivelu decided to this time around?? I am curious!! I have always taken that stance and have made that clear on so many posts on mine, even on this particular post.

Let me re-iterate,  IT IS STUPID to expect the media to be PERFECT for you.

It is STUPID to expect the media to focus on the good EVERYTIME YOU WATCH that media Channel.

IT is STUPID to demand that the MEDIA only focus on the GOOD in AFRICA. when the same MEDIA focuses on both good  and Bad in African countries, as it does every other country on this planet.

Every media company is run by humans and have the choice to focus more on one issue than the other. And they push what they want to push and believe is best for THEM, not YOU or the Education of your Children or your own Education. If you come on to complain that the media does not show you what you need it to, then best for you is

1) Find one that suits you best

2) Start your own media company and focus on what you would rather focus on and let those who want to see what you have to offer, come to you or face the fact that you may be alone

Think about it and tell me how different this is from what I have been saying all this while.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by darfur(m): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2008
you are making progress.

keep it up
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Kobojunkie: 2:27am On Jun 30, 2008
darfur:

you are making progress.

keep it up

ok,  I will take that IF you learn to Stop injecting your ideas and fears into my posts, assuming you have me figured out, before even reading my posts. Learn to read posts as is. It will save me a boat load of typing and time!!
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Blatant: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2008
So Morgan is now dialoguing with Robert?
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Orimili(m): 2:17am On Jul 24, 2008
As unpopular as it may seem, I would have to agree mostly with redsun with what Mugabe is trying to do. Mugabe seems to be trying to start a revolution, trying to change around the effect of years of colonization by the Europeans. Unfortunately, when you turn your back on the west or Europe, everybody suffers.

Mugabe's efforts may not be completely innocent, but it is admirable that he refuses to be a puppet for the west, or anyone else for that matter. He is making moves that all of the other so-called leaders are too afraid, or too comfortable, to do. There is suffering everywhere, and it is probably the same case in Zimbabwe, but what is happening and what the media tells us are two completely different things.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by landis(m): 11:46am On Aug 12, 2008
It rather to live 1 day like a lion instead of 100yrs like a sheep.

Despite all the US/UK madness, Zim people are moving forward.

Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe has said he will continue talks on a power sharing deal with the opposition despite reaching no deal so far.

"Let's not hand over the country to the enemy," he said. "If you are on the enemy's side or you are being used by enemies, stop it."

where is the Queen, where is Brown, where is Bush?

African should learn to find it is own solution and you find how quickly the WEST can become irrelevant.

India did that during Sunami. They solved their own problem.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by dudubobo1: 2:22pm On Aug 12, 2008
I notice since the talks started that the British media dont really say anything again. Maybe Morgan let them down
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by landis(m): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2008
dudu-bobo:

I notice since the talks started that the British media don't really say anything again. Maybe Morgan let them down

YES. It is because Mugabe is clever than the UK/US.

Since both brothers have now decided to talk to each and not at each other; UK/US has no more weapon to use.

UK/US thrives in 'divide and rule'; open your eyes AFRICANS, open your EYES.

United you can defeat your enermy, divided your enermy will finish you.

Thank God for China and Russia for vetoing the bill of sanction
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Horus(m): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2008
The arrogance of these white people in Zimbabwe never ends. First they demand "back" the land they stole from the blacks, then they pretend that Africans shouldn't own land because it might have belonged to someone before the present owners.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Bastage: 12:15pm On Dec 19, 2008
People whine on about sanctions against Zimbabwe.
Even if there were sanctions could someone please explain how the white regime of Ian Smith which was under real sanctions from the West after UDI, was able to build a prosperous country whereas Mugabe's Zimbabwe is crawling in the dirt?

People also claim the cause of this problem was that the UK did not recompense Mugabe for his land reform program. Would someone please explain why they should? The white farmers were not paid for the farms taken from them so why was money needed? What for? The UK also did not recognise the white government of Zimbabwe so it's not a case of paying for independence - independence from the UK was long before Mugabe came into power and it was a UDI. They also gave the Mugabe regime millions and millions of dollars in aid which dwarfed any amount that was supposed to be received for land reform. Not only that, but they're still paying!!!! The UK is the third largest supplier of foriegn aid to Zimbabwe in the world after the US and the EU and even now still gives Zimbabwe £40 million a year.

Add to that the fact that the UK has prepared a plan to give Zimbabwe a billion pounds a year in even more aid and take the fact that Mugabe has even turned down the offer of rescue packages in the past and one can see that the argument that the problems in Zimbabwe are due to the West are a total and utter joke.

As for Zimbabwe having roads? So what? Having roads and nice scenery doesn't mean a damn thing if your people are dying of starvation and cholera or being hunted down and murdered by the government.
Re: Zimbabwe Has Roads? by Lwandle(m): 5:08pm On Nov 06, 2009
BASTAGE what real sanctions was IAN SMITH and RHODESIA subjected too?
List them here for us and then tell us how they were busted?

Real sanctions my back-side when them guys were importing and exporting to the very same people chanting sanctions!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Spanish School Offering A Professional Course In Prostitution / President Donald Trump Has Been Impeached!! / BREAKING News; Israel Faces Toughest Attack From Gaza In History (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.