Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others (12548 Views)

Kunle Suara, Airforce Pilot That Died In The Crash Today (Photos) / Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) / Sanusi Abbas Aliyu, Nigeria's Youngest Pilot - PHOTOS! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Abagworo(m): 8:35am On Apr 15, 2013
Mr. Odozor who graduated alongside 15 other trained pilots at the Afrika Union Aviation Academy (AUAA), Mafikeng, South Africa on Saturday was described as the new hope of the African aviation industry.

Capt. Allan Roebuck, Director of AUAA, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Johannesburg that Mr. Odozor completed all the 37 flying procedures in record time.

“The academy is proud of this young Nigerian, with the award of licence and certificate to him. Today, I can say he is the youngest commercial licence pilot in both Nigeria and South Africa.

“I cannot say now if he is the youngest African to attain that record, but I’m sure he is the youngest in South Africa and Nigeria,’’ he said.

The AUAA director noted that it requires a lot of hard work, focus, punctuality and discipline to be trained as a commercial pilot.

“It is not enough to be academically sound to be a good pilot. It requires focus, punctuality, and  discipline to get the commercial licence and certificate.

“It has been a long road for the group of qualified pilots to obtain their licences. With the award of certificate, they can fly commercial planes,’’ Mr. Roebuck said.

He said the new pilots underwent two years of rigorous training and 37 flying procedures.

On his part, Mr. Odozor said he had always dreamt of becoming a pilot.

“Flying a plane has been my childhood dream, and I am happy today that I’m a licensed commercial pilot at the age of 20.
“I never expected myself to be the youngest Nigerian to get the commercial pilot licence, not to talk about in an advanced country like South Africa. I was just pursuing my childhood dream of being a pilot.

“But I thank God that I have now made history, as a record licensed commercial pilot in both Nigeria and South Africa,’’ Mr. Odozor said.

He said his immediate plan was to go for his instrument type and rating courses.

“Aviation training is very wide. This is just the beginning. My immediate plan is to enrol for my instrument type rating and Boeing 737 training courses,’’ Mr. Odozor said.

Mr. Odozor has equalled the record set by Ed Gardner, a Briton, who obtained  his commercial pilot licence at the age of 20 in 2008.

Before heading for South Africa for training, the Nigerian attended Uchenna Secondary School in Owerri, the Imo State capital, graduating in 2009.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/129495-16-ex-niger-delta-militants-complete-training-in-south-africa-as-commercial-pilots.html

7 Likes

Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by goldfish80(m): 8:44am On Apr 15, 2013
Congrats young man
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2013
Congraz little Bro !!!!!!!. Stand up for the champion stand up stand up !!!!!!!!!! Mr and Mrs Moderators!! Accurate Time Goal Keepers!! Co-nairalanders!! Special guest of honours!!! Viewers at home!!!. IS THIS NOT A FRONT PAGE MATERIAL?? OK NOBE DEATH MATTER e for don hit number one page since

3 Likes

Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by 50calibre(m): 8:51am On Apr 15, 2013
Another igbo guy doing exploits. The guy looks like he got something upstairs, I can totally see him flying an A380 or Dreamliner in a few years time.

15 Likes

Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by yuzedo: 9:11am On Apr 15, 2013
Respect.
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Tsmooth1(m): 9:12am On Apr 15, 2013
20yr old small boy? Is that not suicide?

3 Likes

Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by martyns303(m): 9:47am On Apr 15, 2013
Nice

10 Likes

Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by martyns303(m): 9:51am On Apr 15, 2013
Nice
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by 50calibre(m): 9:52am On Apr 15, 2013
T-smooth:

You are an embodiment of everything that's wrong with Nigeria today. So you think age is a hindrance to greatness?

- Zuckerberg was 21 when he started Facebook
- Mike Tyson was 20 when he became world heavyweight champion.
- Malala yusuf zai is 15 but she took on the Taliban
- A 17 year old boy just sold an app to yahoo for $30 million.

Age is nothing when it comes to potential to achieve.

29 Likes

Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 15, 2013
Salute!

1 Like

Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by chymystique(f): 10:04am On Apr 15, 2013
Awesome!!.. He has rili made his peeps proud smiley
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by morgist(m): 10:10am On Apr 15, 2013
See the boy and @martyns303

@martyns303 you be big boy i swear! you no dey make mouth like other nairalanders!

Congrat!

Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by gunuvi(m): 10:10am On Apr 15, 2013
I was once a record breaker too. Have been drinking as much as 23 bottles of lager beers since when I was just 12.

Na lie o. Kudos to the future and today of Africa!

4 Likes

Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Jakumo(m): 10:12am On Apr 15, 2013
Fantastic Achievement ! This young aviator is a MASSIVE inspiration to all who pursue a dream.

He demonstrates that the sky is truly the limit, and that all it takes is dedication, and the will to excel every step of the way along the road of life chosen.
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 15, 2013
martyns303:
na! dude is pretty smart, we were only 3 guys that were able to achieve comm license in just a year n 6 months, considering the distance to write exams at CAA. dude is cooling off playing ps3 in my room right now.
nice one bro.
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Kzinne: 10:18am On Apr 15, 2013
T-smooth:
u are very stupid. when u were his age u were chasing frivolities. now u old and blabbing
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by SlyIg(f): 10:19am On Apr 15, 2013
Is he a nairalander?
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Fiawest(m): 10:20am On Apr 15, 2013
Good things is gradually coming frm Nigeria..HAlleluya
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by RiKKies: 10:21am On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre:

You are an embodiment of everything that's wrong with Nigeria today. So you think age is a hindrance to greatness?

Ride on bros. i feel you.
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Mologi(m): 10:24am On Apr 15, 2013
Hmmmmm!dat's gud 4 d young lad.mayb wen am 20 [again].MOLOGI wuld world record..
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Freiburger(m): 10:25am On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre:

20likes

1 Like

Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by soma042(m): 10:25am On Apr 15, 2013
omo fly higher we have your back

1 Like

Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by adagodson: 10:26am On Apr 15, 2013
I've flown almost all kinds of planes in my game. I thinks I can try it out also in real life lipsrsealed

Congrats dude.
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by vizboy(m): 10:29am On Apr 15, 2013
congrat man
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Gombs(m): 10:30am On Apr 15, 2013
....Proud of him...he's got igbo blood.

#BanMeIfYouLike
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by ichommy(m): 10:30am On Apr 15, 2013
Congrat Bro
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by ifyalways(f): 10:34am On Apr 15, 2013
Congrats Boy. And Martyns303 too.
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Jakumo(m): 10:34am On Apr 15, 2013
adagodson: I've flown almost all kinds of planes in my game. I thinks I can try it out also in real life lipsrsealed
Congrats dude.

Did you master IFR flying at your desktop simulator, and can you read and fully comprehend an approach plate?

If your answer to either of those two very basic questions is a "no", please now issue and apology for attempting to pose as anything more than the armchair pilot that you are ha ha.
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Lilimax(f): 10:35am On Apr 15, 2013
gunuvi: I was once a record breaker too. Have been drinking as much as 23 bottles of lager beers since when I was just 12.
Out of the aboundant of the heart, the mouth speaks. How come you link your achievements to the level of your drinking.
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by dridowu: 10:36am On Apr 15, 2013
Congrat bro
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by Lilimax(f): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2013
Gombs: ....Proud of him...he's got igbo blood.

#BanMeIfYouLike
Always dare the seemingly impossible wink.
Re: Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others by jmoore(m): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2013
great

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finally Moved My Wife And Kids. / LASTMA Averts Fire Explosion, Arrests Tanker Driver / Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.