Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch (14199 Views)

FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months - Punch / President Buhari To Head Ministry Of Petroleum For 18 Months: Punch / President Jonathan Wants Attahiru Jega Sacked - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Idokojimmy: 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
Jonathan wants solution to Boko Haram in three months

APRIL 24, 2013 BY AGENCY REPORTER LEAVE A COMMENT

President Goodluck Jonathan inaugurated the presidential committee on peaceful resolution of security challenges in the northern part of Nigeria on Wednesday in Abuja.

He mandated it to proffer solutions to the Boko-Haram insurgence in three months, and asked the members to use their wealth of experience in finding lasting solution to menace.Also on Wednesday, the president inaugurated a 17-member committee on proliferation of small arms and light weapons.

`The second committee that I am also inaugurating that has to do with dialogue and peaceful resolution of security challenges in the north is quite critical.

`All Nigerians are expecting this committee to perform magic and we pray that Allah should give you the wisdom to do so.

“Because without peace we cannot develop no matter how committed we are; without peace we cannot progress as a nation.

“The Federal Government is ready to work with you and any other organisation to make sure that these excesses of Boko Haram is brought to an end. So that as a nation we should face issues of development not issues of conflict, issues of peace not issues of disaster.’’

The president said the committee should establish a link and open up dialogue with members of the Boko Haram and also develop a framework for their disarmament.

He said the committee should also work out a sustainable option that would lead to the granting of amnesty to the group.

The president added that the committee should develop a comprehensive support programme for the victims of the excesses of the group.

He said the committee should suggest ways to address the underlining causes of the crisis to ensure that the country did not face similar trend in the future.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-wants-solution-to-boko-haram-in-three-months/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by twaintoy(f): 4:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
Goodluck......

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Idokojimmy: 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
Good move
Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by buklan4realyah(f): 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
oya nau karry go
Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by adexsimply(m): 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
my name na GooduLocki

Now, i dont recall President Obama saying he wanted solution to BOSTON BOMBERS in Three months?? angry
Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Kzinne: 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
jonathan should resign now

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by uromicom: 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
Kzinne: jonathan should resign now

why

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
shut up. This is naija not Boston or US
adexsimply: my name na GooduLocki

Now, i dont recall President Obama saying he wanted solution to BOSTON BOMBERS in Three months?? angry

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Josh121(m): 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
some people dont know what to say when the see a post , please tell us why GEJ should resign
Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by olapluto(m): 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
Only a f.o.ol does the same thing many times and expects different results. Setting up committees does not work in Nigeria! End of.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by ZACHIE: 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
Boko HAram debacle started full swing 3years ago.
President Jonathan wants it over with 3months away.
Because
Committees are magic bullet that solve everything.
No wonder they call him ...........(fill in the gap)

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Dee60: 4:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
How many presidential committees do we have operating now? Help me, please, as I have lost count!

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Forzap: 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
adexsimply: my name na GooduLocki

wats wrong wit dis dude?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Redhot111(m): 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
Kzinne: jonathan should resign now
Why do u suggest he resigns? Putting urself in his shoes, wat else would u hv done? If u dnt cum up wit a good idea, I will b forced to beliv there is no greater FOOL dan u.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by iAlvini(m): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
Idokojimmy: Jonathan wants solution to Boko Haram in three months

APRIL 24, 2013 BY AGENCY REPORTER LEAVE A COMMENT

President Goodluck Jonathan inaugurated the presidential committee on peaceful resolution of security challenges in the northern part of Nigeria on Wednesday in Abuja.

He mandated it to proffer solutions to the Boko-Haram insurgence in three months, and asked the members to use their wealth of experience in finding lasting solution to menace.Also on Wednesday, the president inaugurated a 17-member committee on proliferation of small arms and light weapons.

`The second committee that I am also inaugurating that has to do with dialogue and peaceful resolution of security challenges in the north is quite critical.

`All Nigerians are expecting this committee to perform magic and we pray that Allah should give you the wisdom to do so.

“Because without peace we cannot develop no matter how committed we are; without peace we cannot progress as a nation.

“The Federal Government is ready to work with you and any other organisation to make sure that these excesses of Boko Haram is brought to an end. So that as a nation we should face issues of development not issues of conflict, issues of peace not issues of disaster.’’

The president said the committee should establish a link and open up dialogue with members of the Boko Haram and also develop a framework for their disarmament.

He said the committee should also work out a sustainable option that would lead to the granting of amnesty to the group.

The president added that the committee should develop a comprehensive support programme for the victims of the excesses of the group.

He said the committee should suggest ways to address the underlining causes of the crisis to ensure that the country did not face similar trend in the future.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-wants-solution-to-boko-haram-in-three-months/
https://www.nairaland.com/1268508/catholic-church-true-church-founded

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by GboyegaD(m): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
The guy keeps making himself look so unserious. Sometimes ago he said by June of 2012 he would have tackled the menace and now it is another 3 months when he failed to achieve it 10 months ago. Anyways, I would wait and see the outcome of all these committees he keeps setting up for every single thing.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Forzap: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
Hehe....mr president alwayz setting unrealistic target!3 months,shey im wan runz am ni?pls dont tell me nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Dogzimalon: 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
abeg make una leave that man alone .let me see how these fools will go and ask boko to show dem self na suicide bomb dem go take welcome them.i happy for those two people wey comot from the committee the rest are out to collect money for sitting .well dem no go chop that money shaa God dey
Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Mrevildoer(m): 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
Forza p:

wats wrong wit dis dude?

same thing that is wrong with u. angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
Good Move, JTF should keep pounding them while we keep giving them olive leaf. Whatever it takes.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by iAlvini(m): 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
Another committee?

I wish them Goodluck and patience in their endeavour.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by ZN2: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
He "wants" a solution or he's supposed to provide one?
Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by alaoeri: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
Report 'll be submitted in 3mnths time hmmm b4 then nko? Beside whats happen to the reports of numerous committees inaugurated on various issues since the inception of this administration?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
3months?? that's a bit too far, you can do it in 3days, assemble all northern muslims, seperate the women and children, shoot the rest.
the nation will mourn for 7days and everything will return to normal. tongue

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by zeennurei(m): 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
THREE MONTHS? THIS IS FAR
Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Deiok(m): 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
jona is just clueless. Always coming up with a dumb speech. More talk less work or action is dead.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Forzap: 4:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
Mr evildoer:

same thing that is wrong with u. angry

get a life!
Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Deiok(m): 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
991: 3months?? that's a bit too far, you can do it in 3days, assemble all northern muslims, seperate the women and children, shoot the rest.
the nation will mourn for 7days and everything will start afresh. tongue

these kind of comment is not good, please we should use our head.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
Deiok: jona is just clueless. Always coming up with a dumb speech. More talk less work or action is dead.
I can assure you, he is not dumber than your pop.
Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by spywareczar(m): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
Crush the jihadists foolz, that's all
Re: Jonathan Wants Solution To Boko-Haram In Three Months- Punch by tunde1200(m): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
hmmmmm....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News: Suspected Boko Haram Kidnapped Over 60 Children In Cameroon / "Reno Omokri And FFK Shall Remain Scattered Till Nigeria Is Free"- Otunba Biodun / Ortom Urges NASS To Reject Water Resources Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.