Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,861 members, 7,841,236 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde (10054 Views)

Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years / JAMB To Determine Admissions Cut-off Marks On July 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by mukina2: 3:56pm On May 20, 2013
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board is to scrap the Paper Pencil Test in 2015.

The JAMB Registrar/Chief Executive, Prof. ’Dibu Ojerinde, stated this in an interview with our correspondent on Saturday, after supervising the maiden Computer Based Testing for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.

Ojerinde, who said he was happy with the outcome of the CBT, added that other forms of examination would be scrapped by 2015.

He said, “We are thinking of 2015. By 2015 registration, we will be asking candidates to go fully into Computer Based Testing but that again depends on availability of centres.

“For now, we have only 70 centres all over the country and this is not sufficient. We are encouraging as many individuals, who can participate in this project to go and build their centres then we will patronise them. But if it has to go beyond it, so be it. We are flexible we want to see how far everybody is able to cope with it.”

Ojerinde said over 227,000 results withheld for lack of Biometric Data Verification had been released to after scrutiny.

He blamed the problems on overzealous supervisors and invigilators.

He said, “We have scrutinised the results and we found out that some of the supervisors were over zealous and some investigators also misbehaved. They did not allow the children to do the biometrics and they allowed them to write examination. For those with genuine cases, we have released their results.

Meanwhile, Uche Okonkwo, who applied to study Physics, said, “The CBT is okay and better than PPT. It is a bit better and preferable. It is user-friendly.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jamb-to-scrap-paper-exam-in-2015-ojerinde/

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Emmy9ite(m): 4:03pm On May 20, 2013
cool business opportunity. JAMB will patronise me come 2015.

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by nitrogen(m): 4:13pm On May 20, 2013
Hehehehe! Nice news, but make dem clear the mess wey dey ground first o, abi na the students fuucck up for real nii, cos I heard most of them scored 100-199. undecided angry
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 20, 2013
is this the issue he should focus on?

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Chanchit: 4:27pm On May 20, 2013
I thought they said they are scrapping jamb after this last one..? Foolish/fraudulent organisation. I always knew the scrapping news is a waste of time, cos thats when many gov't officials change their cars. About the Cbt, they are just wasting their time, if they advance in their techniques, cheaters too would device another means of always getting a step further.

4 Likes

Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by TreasuredGlory: 6:12pm On May 20, 2013
Good one!
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by iamswizz(m): 6:15pm On May 20, 2013
scrap jamb instead
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by creativemusic: 6:19pm On May 20, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by kaypompey(m): 6:21pm On May 20, 2013
CBT indeed when some exams were cancelled in some centres in lagos due to power failure and technical problems, i wonder how they would cope wen all students now enrol in the CBT exam. Especially when the questions is not favorable just disconect one cable and everything becomes blackout. Lol.

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Adex097: 6:21pm On May 20, 2013
#TEAM SCRAP DIBU
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by mankand(m): 6:21pm On May 20, 2013
I thought the slowpoke scrapped Jamb. I do not know what is wrong with this nation anymore. Who are we to believe now?
Politicians-liars
Pastors-liars
Imam-liars
Babalawo-liars
Parents-liars

We have no role model to look upto.

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Nehemiah459(m): 6:21pm On May 20, 2013
Lol... I told my friends that scrapping of JAMB NEWS was just a means to create public awareness...

Men felt that the country was too dull for their liking so they decided to put up a news that will make frontpage.

Now here comes the future!!!
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by HARDEYLEKE(m): 6:22pm On May 20, 2013
Chanchit: I thought they said they are scrapping jamb after this last one..? Foolish/fraudulent organisation. I always knew the scrapping news is a waste of time, cos thats when many gov't officials change their cars. About the Cbt, they are just wasting their time, if they advance in their techniques, cheaters too would device another means of always getting a step further.
Abi??...
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by tboycares: 6:27pm On May 20, 2013
Thought they have scrap jamb itself? To my peeps be calm and see what will happen next year about jamb before you invest in cbt centre.....
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by koolet: 6:28pm On May 20, 2013
U guyz should bring the cbt thread 2 da front page nau atleast 2 applaud those writing it... Bt mehn the exam waz onpoint they gave us calculators,rough sheet, neat computers, @ ekiti dwn here i wrote it unda Air.Condition, nd the questionz were quite easy ...stil waitin 4 results sha, hopin 4 d bestt
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 20, 2013
mankand: I thought the slowpoke scrapped Jamb. I do not know what is wrong with this nation anymore. Who are we to believe now?
Politicians-liars
Pastors-liars
Imam-liars
Babalawo-liars
Parents-liars

O boy u are a saddist o!
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by a1solution: 6:33pm On May 20, 2013
mankand: I thought the slowpoke scrapped Jamb. I do not know what is wrong with this nation anymore. Who are we to believe now?
Politicians-liars
Pastors-liars
Imam-liars
Babalawo-liars
Parents-liars

it's like you read your news from demsay news paper or read headlines in news stand and tell the story more than the news editor, so you are the lier here cos there was never a time they scheduled JAMB will be scraped. It was just a recomendation by a commitee and the federal government did not buy the idea.
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by sureway1(m): 6:38pm On May 20, 2013
How does this news increase my jamb score?

2 Likes

Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by lertee(f): 6:40pm On May 20, 2013
how does jamb intend to handle the mass failure of students? who is to be blamed for poor performances yearly. these are the issues they should handle first.
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Kjking(m): 6:46pm On May 20, 2013
sure way: How does this news increase my jamb score?
my brother i wonder
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Joe50(m): 6:49pm On May 20, 2013
Politicians-liars
Pastors-liars
Imam-liars
Babalawo-liars
Parents-liars

cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by emkad: 6:59pm On May 20, 2013

Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by FilesUpdator(f): 7:05pm On May 20, 2013
Mukina2 na to dey ban u sabi. This one na old news. Ban me na. I DON BREAK RULE 21
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by donphilopus: 7:15pm On May 20, 2013
this man truly wants people to murder him after all the curse from parent, he even wants to scrap it for the worse... God judge those people that failed the leaders of tomorrow woefully, that failure shall be their portion in their entire family... Father take charge of them.
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Fynestboi: 8:34pm On May 20, 2013
¤vex¤ start provokn in pidgin¤¤¤
so dis na d rubbish wey dis ogbogen dibu won do we jambites 4 dis obodo naija...

Imagine dis man use business tactics 4 us, he purposely fail Ppt witout enuf reasn to bk d mass failure.... Dibu d cries of d innocent jambites u fail wuld to gain much say on cbt wuld continue to disturb u..

#Team# scrap JaMB:#
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 20, 2013
if no lyt, n generator com 4k up weytin go apen? dat means dem go dey carry Gen come center b dat o. grin

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Fynestboi: 8:52pm On May 20, 2013
CBT is a gud development atleast dose imp expo carrier go rest small, bt to achieve dis, y did Dibu ve to use a wrng plan, dats wat is paining me.... He create mass failure 4 ppt, yes d mass failure na dibu handwrk...
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 20, 2013
nawa o jamb officials are just confuse

click, read download and earn 10k weekly on aliexpress
https://sites.google.com/site/weeklyearning1/10kperweek.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Danyl(m): 9:54pm On May 20, 2013
lertee: how does jamb intend to handle the mass failure of students? who is to be blamed for poor performances yearly. these are the issues they should handle first.
u can't blame JAMB for the poor performance @all, i can count @least 5student that mentioned d fact dat the answers had been sent to der fones b4 d examinatn, come to think of it. Who r dy fooling? Without even minding the TYPE attribute of Jamb exams...
Re: JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde by Fynestboi: 9:59pm On May 20, 2013
Danyl:
u can't blame JAMB for the poor performance @all, i can count @least 5student that mentioned d fact dat the answers had been sent to der fones b4 d examinatn, come to think of it. Who r dy fooling? Without even minding the TYPE attribute of Jamb exams...
na true u tak bt is it ova 1.2million aplicant dat participate in such stupid act

(1) (2) (Reply)

AltSchool Raises $1 Million Pre-Seed To Build An Alternative School For Africans / Anxiety As FUNAI Counts Down To First Ever SUG ELECTION. / Federal Polytechnic Nekede Latest Admission Details (post Utme Form)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.