Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. (9182 Views)

I Am Tired Looking For A Job, Please Help! / Access Bank Aptitude Test On 5th July 2013 At Ikeja / UNICEF Written Test Of 3rd,4th,5th July, Information Pls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by wilz: 5:58pm On May 06, 2008
I don't know about you, but rigth now , i am  tired looking for jobs. Its painfull when you see the faces of young promising Nigerian graduates at jobs interviews/text centres. Cant we sack all these companies and fake jobs promising enterprises? I want some young Nigerian graduates who want to own/ start their own business, to rub minds and ideas together. Let yan about possibilities we can access.
Do you know we can pool all our resources together and even do well than some of the companies we are locking around for a meager salary appointment. Lets take back our pride, generate ideas, pool resources, be prudent, dogged and rugged. I believe in some few years to come, we will be employing graduates like ourselves.
Was in an insurance training lately, got soo irritated, got home and brougth out my CAC certificate of a business i intended starting some years ago. I am out of the labour market for those who are unwilling to take the bold step.
I envy young graduate turned millionaires like Tara Durotoye and her likes, we can do what we truelly love doing all by ourselves and succeed.
Please, if you are interested in this idea, contribute and lets know were we are going from here 2gether. This is not open to the unserious minded. I represent the interest of young talented Nigerian graduates who are tired of the status quo and wants to move on up.
We need young graduates in these categories:

1. Those with ideas.
2. Those who can finance ideas or can connrct us with friends/families/companies interested in financing.
3. Those who are willing to used their time, talent and skills as staffs of budding enterprise.

Are you interested, send your contribution here. Thanks.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by Akinns5: 4:44pm On May 07, 2008
i feel u. But hw do we start? Who's ready to take d bull by d horn; risk money and time?
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by Akinns5: 4:46pm On May 07, 2008
i 've got some ideas too. But starting??
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by gongoaso1: 5:06pm On May 07, 2008
great guys. the best job i can prescribe for a fresh graduate is FOREX.simple. no need to pay this recruiting firm or whomever. only what u need is great patience to learn how to trade positively. as a contribution to this forum. i m willing to put anyone interested through absolutely free of charge. u 'll make money (not millions overnyt o). little drops they say, make the mighty ocean. smiley
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by wilz: 12:18pm On May 09, 2008
Akinns5, it will be great to hear your ideas and see how we can incorporate it with others who are also interested like you. All we really need is a little motivation. I had some people called seeing this post and they are all interestded.
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by Lakeside(m): 1:39pm On May 09, 2008
@poster
this is really thoughtful, i`ve tot of it too, so many times. being ur own boss, there nothing like it!
But the problem is getting started with something that invovles little risk. Although there is no way one wont take a risk but i mean little risk!.

@gongo aso
i have gone for the forex seminar before. i think i have a idea on it. i heard people that do i earn a good amount everyday or every trade. i have heard a lot i mean the robot and all. i`ve falling victim of all this company like penny wise and co. but i need to learn to trade from somone thats already trading using a live acount. so my dear friend do yu have a live account. i`m interested. i have online CD`s, software, and manual given at the seminar. i read all of them but i want someone thats being doing it to take me. plz how do i contact yu,
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by bencobenz(m): 2:22pm On May 09, 2008
@Wilz
I can feel what you are saying, its not easy after spending a minimum of
4years in school plus the one year NYSC mandatory program, family members
are 1ooking up to you to at least improve their living condition, but one is faced
with jobless situation. I so much in support of your idea, but as we all know
one million intention is not as good as one action. To avoid procastination
may be you should post your number here for people to contact you. I'm also
interested, you can send me your number @ benco4success@yahoo.com
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by gongoaso1: 3:10pm On May 09, 2008
@lakeside

my email is gongogoso@gmail.com

perharps I could be of help.
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by emi008(m): 3:21pm On May 09, 2008
Nice topic!!

Anyone interested in the power of ideas should visit www.rechargewarehouse.com and take advantage of it.
It is proudly Nigerian!!!
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by xammy(m): 4:19pm On May 09, 2008
HUMM - Be positive. i love this trend
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by ukgold(m): 4:46pm On May 09, 2008
I so much admire the effort put in to ameliorate the sufferings of so many youths in this our naija who are desperately looking for jobs. To tell u the truth, atimes you sit down and want to think something is wrong with u but do u know what, we will get there someday. i wouldn't mine to contribute my ideas to this forum either cos IDEAS RULE THIS WORLD.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by wilz: 7:02pm On May 10, 2008
This is my number:08061506320. This is for serious minded people. I want a situation where we will meet over at lunch and have a talk with all interested.
This is ,y email address: successwayworship@yahoo.com
Lots of people have indicated their interest. Pls get in contact with me.
bencobenz, thanks.
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by lilrukevwe(m): 10:09pm On May 10, 2008
I must say this is like the best idea i have ever read on nairaland and i must say congrats to each and every one of u for putting heads together as one nigerians devoid of our tribe places religion i must say this is truely naija
Well i work but i must say its more or less been used as a slave cos u work so hard and get so little pay so wats the use am like one thats not working just the difference is that i leave home and come home late.lol
If i dnt be a part of this i must be the biggest looser in the face of Naija pls lets like have a meeting there we cud pool our ideas together. if the council agrees this is my mail addresss rukevwes@yahoo.com
once again thanks for the idea
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by wilz: 5:34pm On May 11, 2008
lilrukevwe, u are welcome. We want to be the next TRANSCORP in Nigeria but by young and vibrant Nigerian students.

Its people like you we want.
We will be meeting soon somewhere in lagos on a weekend. Everyone who is interested are highly invited. Again, these are the category of people we want to meet with:

1. You must be a graduate: HND/BSC
2. People with ideas,
3. Those who are willing to serve as business executives with responsibilities over new business and
4. Would be investors, either personally or with aids from family and friends.

Lets change our destinies together.
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by kinsbrooks: 9:22pm On May 11, 2008
i love this. IDEAS ARE CAPITAL, THE REST IS MONEY. Lets start a renaissance inour country, WILZ what part of the country are u from? i have some biz proposals on board. hit me back, just to chat, if we can think it, it can be done.
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by wilz: 2:40pm On May 12, 2008
I will be meeting with bencobenz 2morow at Tantalizers, 21 Road, festac by 12 noon for a brief chat, if any is interested, pls come along.
kinsbrooks, i am in Lagos. I believe in entrepreneurial renaissance in Nigeria amongs the younger generation as it's in the western world. Thanks.
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by tbara(m): 4:10pm On May 12, 2008
this is a great idea i think we should start bye identifying our selfs according to location i got ideas and a little cash to back up. so who is in abuja sign up when we muster enough crowd about 10 people then we meet . my email is samslimus@yahoo.com
smiley
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by gongoaso1: 4:41pm On May 12, 2008
caution, dear people, caution.

very positive thinking on the part of landers. but, this is naija o.
I hate to be a pessimist. Infact I am not.
in as much as the spirit of  ideas thingy is flowing, we need to apply caution so a not to fall into scammer's hands,  lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by thunder99: 5:04pm On May 12, 2008
this is a great idea i think we should start bye identifying our selfs according to location i got ideas and a little cash to back up. so who is in abuja sign up when we muster enough crowd about 10 people then we meet . my email is samslimus@yahoo.com

bro i like ur idea we have to start by identifing ourselves according to location am also in abuja .my email is godisgood99@gmail.com

abuja rejoiners are welcome
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by DrDre1(m): 5:07pm On May 12, 2008
I'm almost spanking myself for not seeing this topic before now.
Before I go on I'd like to commend the thread starter
You've proved that I'm not a wierd person.
I graduated in 2005 and completed my service in 2006.
I was a 'lazy' job-seeker kind of because when I look at the way potential employers treat our graduates sometimes, I begin to wonder if there is any dignity and truthfulness left in this country.
I have been chanced to attend about 2 tests. My first was with NLNG and the second was with Charms in VI.
I felt insulted by NLNG's style (was conducted by WAEC and I had to start shading computer sheets) grin
Charms' own was a different kettle of fish though I just attended to add to my number of tests.
My third one would have been with GTB but I didn't attend 'because I had better things to attend to on the same day

Those 2 experiences were all I needed to make up my mind.
I'm kind of self employed at the moment and I've not regretted my decision though it may not be easy starting off.
Truth is that the cash some people spend in looking for jobs can be pooled together to start something no matter how small.
I would encourage anyone that wants to be independent to do so.
Starting off may be difficult but I tell you, it's more promising to put 35 years of your life into something of your own than somewhere else smiley

Initial problems definitely may include finance, expertise and other logistics but if resources are pulled together (like someone suggested) with all sincerity, you would be shocked with what can be achieved. smiley
Would be glad to assist in my own little way if the situation arises. smiley
Almost forgot to mention that I'm a farmer (lol)  grin smiley

My sincere apologies if I seem so 'wordy'. smiley
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by wilz: 8:09pm On May 12, 2008
As the initiator of this idea, i will like to pass this information out to all those interested, that you must not in any circumstance forfeit money to any one who say so, without the consent of the whole house. By trainingm i am an accountant, you all most agree with me that accountants are the last people to get money from. I am here in the interest of the nigerian student.
Please, indicate your interest, send your email address and your CV to my email address: successwayworship@yahoo.com
After reviewing the interested application, we will deligate states representatives/ leadership.
As for all in lagos, if you can meet with me and some who have indicated interest already 2morow at festac, that will be great. We will be deliberating on some very important issues on how to go from here. The outcome will be posyed here 2morow after the meeting.

Up Nigerian graduates, we will rule the world.
Dr. Dre, you are welcome, provided you are graduate and you have what we need.
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by DrDre1(m): 8:52pm On May 12, 2008
@ Wilz
I'm a graduate of Mass Communication oga grin
But I don't know what you mean by the second part  - have WHAT WE NEED smiley
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by samadex3: 9:18pm On May 12, 2008
Dear readers, it is of a deep regret that i anounce to you that nigerian youths had slept for long. It is rather late than never. Before this post came on, plans to launch an idea as bold as this has been on alot of peoples mind including myself.
I must confess that i am so happy to read this and i am in total support. I humble my self to take responsibilies within ths ibadan township. I am willing to contribute to my best to succeed along with the leaders.
I have vowed not to go for any interview and to rise with help of God. I have my plans as an entreprenuer but its coming short.
I am a graduate of university of ilorin wit just my office experience and im proud of it. Lets come together and join hands.
Interested people in different states could join and meet before hand, discus before we have a centralizd meeting maybe in lagos.
I have an office to myslf that can be used willingly and anyone ready to talk to me can call me on
08056436739 or email me on tri_trinity1@yahoo.Com. Pls, ths is only my contribution, dont crucify my opinion. Thanking you for your cooperation.

Larry
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by wilz: 9:23am On May 13, 2008
samadex3
Thanks for your support. Get up to 2o peopel who are interested and i will be coming to ibadan to have a talk with you all. You will be on our mind at the meeting 2day, ok.

Dr. Dre
WHAT WE NEED means the followings:
1. You must be a graduate: HND/BSC
2. People with ideas,
3. Those who are willing to serve as business executives with responsibilities over new business and
4. Would be investors, either personally or with aids from family and friends.
Thanks for your effort.
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by samadex3: 11:02am On May 13, 2008
Copy that! Aye aye, captain. But 10 wil be a good number as well. U hear from me often. Stay clear of trouble. Regards to the team and newbies
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by yettydone: 11:19am On May 13, 2008
i am very happy to read this,i am agraduate of mass-comm.i am intrested;let read the outcome of the festac meeting in lagos tomorrow.god help us
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by dodua(f): 11:55am On May 13, 2008
angryman i dey vex well 2 most companies want people with EXPERIENCE rome was not built in a day & we need 2 work b4 we d get d EXPERIENCE dat they want anyway m up 4 dis idea provided we can have a fora where we can share ideas as u kno we r all scattered so howe do we meet
shocked
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by springtime(m): 12:45pm On May 13, 2008
I must commend the iniatator of this thread. Anybody that have attended one or two interviews in Nigeria will see the very horrible conditions Nigerian graduates are made to go through all in the name of a job interview. I always wondered why we can not put our academic training to productive use on our own, but i discovered the problem has a lot to do with our education system, otherwise why are professors that are considered epitome of knowledge not the richest in the society. I think as Trained minds whe should brace up to the challenge of organising our knowledge towards a productive end and stop the exploitation of our knowledge and strength by some selfish individuals.
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by Akinns5: 2:56pm On May 13, 2008
Hi Tbara, am in Abj too and my email is akinns5@gmail.com.
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by bencobenz(m): 3:02pm On May 13, 2008
Hello fellow landers, I was at the meeting with Wilz some minutes ago, with all the ideas
and other things discussed at the meeting, I strongly believed that OUR destiny is about
to witness a U-turn. With all the BRAINS at the meeting today, I was asking myself whether
all these BRAINS exist and millions of Nigerian graduates are jobless in this country? If only
WE can think It, then WE can do It, If only WE can see It, then WE can grab it. So my fellow
Landers, lets come together and make our generation proud. WE are ready to take NIGERIA
to the NEXT LEVEL. Will you be part of the TRAIN?
I'm sure in a shortwhile Wilz will post the outcome of today's meeting. Till then, lets keep our
dream alive!
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by wilz: 3:46pm On May 13, 2008
Hi Nairalanders, i met 2day with some brigth and very intelligent Nigerian graduates. I felt very much at home chatting with them and i am here to relay you with some of the results of the meeting.
We decided to have six (6) different zones, which are:
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Ibadan
4. Port-Harcourt
5. Benin and
6. Kanu/Kaduna

So if you are from locations under this zones, you will categorically belong there.
For any zones to be fully qualified, you will have to raise membership to a minimum of 20 young graduates. Each zones will have a zonal supervisor/representative.

All who are interested in beign members will have to send their CV and a passport photograph to successwayworship@yahoo.com not later than 7 days from 2morow. Deadline is next week tuesday 20th May, 2008.Pls indicate your interested zone on the subject of your email, e.g

CV:Abuja - for those in abujazone,
CV:Lagos -for those in Lagos zone,
CV:Port-Harcourt -for those in Port-Harcourt.

We will be meeting in festac next week wenesday to sort and work on the applications.
The essence of the CV and passport is to give a formal and well structure system to the organization. We will collate all the application, mail back all the accepted applicants and will have all the zonal members meet in their different zones, choose a zonal representative themselves, who will be coming to Lagos for the next phase of the strategic planning session.

These are the different phases of the strategic plan:

1. Introductory phase: Which we had today at festac, meeting with interested prospects.
2. Business/Company' naming phase: When all the zonal delegates and lagos members will meet to decided on the name of the company.
3. Incorporation phase: Filing for a Coprporate Affair Commission incorporation for the company's name.
4. Wring of the Business Plans:  which includes Idealization and other structuring parameters.
5. Implementation phase: When we start operation.

These followings are officially recognized persons in this forum that you can get information from, other than my self.

1. bencobenz from surulere  with emaill: benco4success@yahoo.com , tel: 07025016070
2. leke from ogba, ikeja with email : linkleke@yahoo.com , tel: 08039092157

You can call them or chat with them for more inquiry.

Again, the basic requirment is an HND/BSC graduate status.
So send your CV and passport before the deadline and join the wagon of making history as young Nigerian graduates.

Up Nigerian graduants.
Re: Who Is Tired Looking For Jobs? Lagos Strategic Conference: 5th July. by dsa(m): 4:49pm On May 13, 2008
Wilz God bless you, u are great. This is what we need now in ds country, i am in Lagos and am also interested.

Pls make the meeting on weekends because of work

I am also into business with great ideas we shall share 2geda.

daresamson78@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fortis Bank Interview / Massive Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 – Apply Here / Sahara-group Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.