Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,446 members, 7,853,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

Starting A Career In Information Technology After First Degree!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Starting A Career In Information Technology After First Degree!!! (777 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / At What Age Should A Nigerian Obtain His/her First Degree ? / After Getting A First Degree, What's Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Career In Information Technology After First Degree!!! by igetsbizy(m): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2013
Good morning people,

I'm a graduate of Business Administration with basic knowledge of IT and I'm considering a career in IT. And I'm sure there are a lot of others like me with this challenge. Please can anyone in the house help us with tips and advice on how to begin, certification, specific areas of interest that'll suit the Labour market etc.

Thank you.
Re: Starting A Career In Information Technology After First Degree!!! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
Re: Starting A Career In Information Technology After First Degree!!! by igetsbizy(m): 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
You misunderstood the post. I know about my options in management and administration. I'm inquiring about a career in Information Technology.
Re: Starting A Career In Information Technology After First Degree!!! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
Hi,

A career in IT is very possible, provided you have a genuine interest in it. I say 'genuine interest' because pursuing a career in IT requires lots - LOTS, of ongoing training. The first step is to determine what aspect of IT you're interested in. Do you want to deal with software or hardware? Do you want to be a software developer, IT security professional, web designer, business analyst, IT Administrator, programmer, database administrator, or something different? Each of these things require a different kind of training, different entry requirements, different certifications, and different progression paths.

So your first task is to find out what aspect of IT really interests you, by performing some research about the different possible pathways. Once you have found this out, begin to look into getting training and then certifications. You will find lots of credible training materials online, too. With your business degree you are certainly on the right track, since IT companies need both business-minded and technical-minded employees.

Best of luck!
Re: Starting A Career In Information Technology After First Degree!!! by igetsbizy(m): 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
Thank you very much for your insight. Will do more research on the different areas. I think the software areas will be my major area of interest.

(1) (Reply)

Akintola Williams 2nd Stage Test, Advice Pls / Work Habits That Will Ruin Your Career / Boot Camp Project Management Training (group Training) In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.