Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,845 members, 7,876,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:41 PM

Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) (38491 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) / Massive Security At US Embassy In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Anvaller: 6:59am On Aug 13, 2013
THE AMAKA:

Skyscrapers don't necessarily make a city great, but the major cities should have a type of skyline. As for the smaller towns, they can be of world class standard without having skylines per say.

Even a major city can have skyline without necessarily having so tall buildings. The height of buildings in a downtown is not what actually makes it, It is what a city has to offer that makes it.

Nebeuwa: Until I see skyscrapers that touch the heavens, then I am not impressed.

Fountains and round-abouts do not impress me. I want to see industries, skyscrapers, and 21st century hospitals.

At least Nigerian cities can start putting sidewalks for pedestrians and CLOSED SEWERS!

Ur comment makes sense but the "skycraper" stuff came off kind of childish. Nigerian cities don't need skyscrapers really, just make the cities work, make it livable, construct infrastructures that make life easy. Provide security and automate ur businesses. That is what ppl are willing to see when they come to Nigeria, not skyscrapers... Skyscrapers can be a city's worst nightmare when things are not working. There are several examples but just check Detroit. Skyscrapers spontaneously evolve after a city's several years of uninterrupted fortune, it is not what u can just invoke.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by xykms101: 7:09am On Aug 13, 2013
Controversy: Ibadan

Did you just call this place ibadan? That's lagos.

...Your username speak more about you. Liar

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 13, 2013
We don't need pictures but factual statements. The pictures are one-sided.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by ketoprofen(m): 7:16am On Aug 13, 2013
emiye: The Old rusty roofs aerial view of many SW capital cities is the prize for early development. undecided

early development. . That was arrested in the 60s and stopped since then. While odas moved forward

Only public buildings make sense in Ibadan and the western region, d rest are still old, sorry looking houses

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by ketoprofen(m): 7:20am On Aug 13, 2013
And this SPAMBUTTER of a poster is a disgrace.

So, u posted pictures of Anambra villages in flood of 2012 and want me to do wat with it?
Well, they are still finer than ibadan without the flood

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 13, 2013
Is that all the op is going to show us?

Well, this is a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by phil5(m): 7:21am On Aug 13, 2013
This is what we are supose to be doing and not just abuja nd lagos like say na the only cities 4 naija ,
States with potencials of mega cities are:
Kaduna
Aba
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 13, 2013
@Chikezie.lol..U funny die! Esp the part that says even Ajegunle in Lagos has some of the things Calabar city has.

All in All, Lagos has really changed cos those ugly pix doesn't look it @ all. We might not have goTten there but we are moving @ a fast pace. Eko O Ni Baje!
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 13, 2013
I can't but pity the poor reasoning ability of some people, we've read on a thread posted by an Igbo on how much dirt in Imo State capital, Owerri is resulting into an epidemic outbreak, yet the OP posted nice pictures of the town which his fellow "Jews" cursed the Governor about.
BTW, why was my thread on the elapsed ultimatum to Fashola removed, mods?
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Controversy: 7:27am On Aug 13, 2013
Lagidi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 13, 2013
Controversy: Lagidi

Oga..U r as controversial as your moniker!
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by zibi2(m): 7:32am On Aug 13, 2013
Controversy: Lagos
grin
Controversy: Lagos
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Goodysydney: 7:34am On Aug 13, 2013
Ola Johnson: I can't but pity the poor reasoning ability of some people, we've read on a thread posted by an Igbo on how much dirt in Imo State capital, Owerri is resulting into an epidemic outbreak, yet the OP posted nice pictures of the town which his fellow "Jews" cursed the Governor about.
BTW, why was my thread on the elapsed ultimatum to Fashola removed, mods?
How old are u?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by comrChris(m): 7:40am On Aug 13, 2013
silly post,y not post d states u knw verywell n leave others u knw nothing abt,dat pic doesnt represent abakaliki l ve been 2,l ve being trying 2compare abakaliki n ado ekiti 2show al dose loud mouthed ekitians dat aside comerce abakaliki s beta dan deir ado
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Anniettieufia(m): 7:50am On Aug 13, 2013
Nnawao !

The topic says commercial city,
i thought i was going to see markets and industries or factories , but all i see here is RoundAbouts and Road Junctions ,
is it about traffic news ?

Anyway ,
I'm not a traveller,

You tried sha !
You have help me to burn 2.5MB in Uploading those Pictures, out of the 126 that's about to expired by 12PM.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by esikpogho: 7:51am On Aug 13, 2013
benin city

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Anniettieufia(m): 7:55am On Aug 13, 2013
RCCG to build a 3km long Auditorium,
Is that a commercial estate ?
But i don't have the picture to display, Pardon me please .
NEXT!
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by esikpogho: 7:55am On Aug 13, 2013
esikpogho: benin city
benin city

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by klickstar: 7:58am On Aug 13, 2013
Should we call this tribasm or hatred or racism or what you only uploaded the worst part of the south west there more beautiful place more than the rubbish you post here anyway you no make sense i beg i wan pray.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by whytnblack: 8:02am On Aug 13, 2013
Blackteeth: Some cities are rusting grin grin

Examples pls?
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 13, 2013
LMAO seriously when I saw d pics of some capitals, especially that of SE & North..
I wonder Northern cities fairing better than most cities, even ikeja.
CANT YA ALL SEE THE OP IS AN ANNOYINGLY FUNNY CHAP (pls dont mind my adv)

..d OP is SWIFT in rubbishing Ibadan where I reside (not my hometown) with the pic, unfortunately that is enough EVIDENCE showing he has never toured round any other SW state, probably except Lagos (sebi Lagos na him fatherland na grin ).

I thank GOD Iv used a whole year in Enugu SE as a corper..If u divide Ibadan into 10 (no joke) ,the whole capital still never measures up to a one tenth. ..and despite d size of a cave, u ll still get villages.
...same with Aba.

...Anyway, brown roofs or not, does it matter when we have things like this:

(gdp)
Lagos- $33+ B
Oyo- $16+ B
Imo-$14+ B
Abia- $9+ B
Anambra- $4+ B

etc

I still dey wonder what people with beautiful SE cities are looking at WHILE Ibadan with RUSTED ROOFS STILL DEY CARRY FIRST FOR GDP...

LIKE Dk & Eko ile, ME I DEY LAUGH OOOOOO.
grin

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 13, 2013
^^
Lagos State GDP is actually $87bn

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 13, 2013
CFCfan: ^^

that's presently.
I brought out that of 2007.
but still u know, oyo with rusty roofs still dey carry FIRST ABOVE ALL SE.
grin
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by saintdeby(m): 8:18am On Aug 13, 2013
like your teeth

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by esikpogho: 8:18am On Aug 13, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
SE people like chest beating too much,they should stop that. because it's only gorilla that beat his chest.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by coolebux(m): 8:19am On Aug 13, 2013
Timflex: Hahahahahaha..oboy see brown roofs for ibadan..kai na wa o..the city abi na village i go call am go good 4 tourist site..mk ppl come dey pay dey see say all these kind rusted and corrosed roofs still dey..chai!

O boi Ibadan own resemble old mass-burial ground.@Op make sure you're not inciting shocked
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by solomon111(m): 8:20am On Aug 13, 2013
ShymX: Nigeria has only one city and that's Lagos.

The rest, including the boring and sleepy Abuja, are glorified towns and villages.

However, I'm quite impressed with the North.

As for the South, you lot talk too much. undecided
sorry,lagos is not the only Nigerian city.
It's even overrated when compared to some parts of the country.
And yes,the South talks too much.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by cuntento(m): 8:21am On Aug 13, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

that's presently.
I brought out that of 2007.
but still u know, oyo with rusty roofs still dey carry FIRST ABOVE ALL SE.
grin
. u dey 2007?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by solomon111(m): 8:25am On Aug 13, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:
LMAO seriously when I saw d pics of some capitals, especially that of SE & North..
I wonder Northern cities fairing better than most cities, even ikeja.
CANT YA ALL SEE THE OP IS AN ANNOYINGLY FUNNY CHAP (pls dont mind my adv)

..d OP is SWIFT in rubbishing Ibadan where I reside (not my hometown) with the pic, unfortunately that is enough EVIDENCE showing he has never toured round any other SW state, probably except Lagos (sebi Lagos na him fatherland na grin ).

I thank GOD Iv used a whole year in Enugu SE as a corper..If u divide Ibadan into 10 (no joke) ,the whole capital still never measures up to a one tenth. ..and despite d size of a cave, u ll still get villages.
...same with Aba.

...Anyway, brown roofs or not, does it matter when we have things like this:

(gdp)
Lagos- $33+ B
Oyo- $16+ B
Imo-$14+ B
Abia- $9+ B
Anambra- $4+ B

etc

I still dey wonder what people with beautiful SE cities are looking at WHILE Ibadan with RUSTED ROOFS STILL DEY CARRY FIRST FOR GDP...

LIKE Dk & Eko ile, ME I DEY LAUGH OOOOOO.
grin
The Northern states are better than their southern counterparts in more ways than one.
The few states in the South that can compete with the North when it comes to good roads and serenity are SS states.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 13, 2013
cuntento: . u dey 2007?

even if na 2013 nko?..
abegi. ....just dey yeye una self when brown roofs dey carry first for una heads there.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 13, 2013
solomon111: The Northern states are better than their southern counterparts in more ways than one.
The few states in the South that can compete with the North when it comes to good roads and serenity are SS states.

GUY.. u funny ooooooo.

May I ask:

are u a northerner?
..cos ur post is SO VOID of reality and evidence as to the status of d REAL Northern Nigeria....and FULL of sentiments
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by charleff512(m): 8:32am On Aug 13, 2013
God bless Maiduguri!
Before the crisis that was the safest and cheapest place in this country.But now the 'home of peace' is now in pieces!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians React As President Buhari Resumes Office Today / Aisha Buhari: $16million For Mosquito Nets Shocks President's Wife / Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.