Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,621 members, 7,840,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? (5433 Views)

U.S Political Analysist: Are Africans Too Dumb To Develope? / PHOTOS! Meet The World Hottest And Sexiest Twins & They Are Africans / Why Are Africans Lazy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
What is Education?
Why do we go to school?
What do we achieve as educated people?

This is the story of Africa!

The colonialists came, they met us farming.
They asked us to drop our farming implements.
They promised us education!

We dropped our cutlasses and our hoes.
We followed them to school.
They thought us their languages.

Then they asked us to bring our books and pens!
They they asked us:

1. What is Agriculture? (As if we did not know)
2. What is farming? (That was what were doing before they came)
3. Mention 2 farming implements (As if we never knew: The difference was the names we called them)
4. Draw hoe (But our fathers gave us hoes and showed us how to use it)
5. Name 5 cash crops (but our fathers gave us those crops to go and sell and bring back cash)
6. What soil is good for farming? (As if we were farming on gravels before they came)
7. on and on and on, it went.

They asked us things we already knew before they came, the only difference was the language!

Then we answered there questions "correctly"!
They clapped for us and gave us papers called "Certificates".

Then we came home with our papers but the damage has been done!

We have lost interest in farming! We have stopped growing our food.
We are "educated" and not "illiterates": so we can't do "dirty" jobs like farming.

We are wearing suits and ties, speaking English but we can't produce food anymore.
Today Africa is suffering. We are hungry!
The little food we have are produced by the "old dirty illiterates".
The rest of the food we must import from the 1st world countries.

Why are Africans so dumb?
It is time to wise up and rise up.

Africa must stop food importation!

Join us in ARM!
The African Revolutionary Movement
Our campaign is that of a mental revolution!.

www.facebook.com/arm4good
info2.arm@gmail.com

8 Likes

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by lomprico(m): 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
If u were not educated u wouln't be in this forum talkless of writing this article. So what's ur point? Numbskull!

3 Likes

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
what a dumb OP

1 Like

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Lordlexy: 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hahahahahaha. Man, you crack me off @speaking big big grammer with tie and suit on. Hillarious. But honestly, education goes beyond grammer to critical thinking, to bringing some thing forth, may be that is where we miss it. because, when you find an engr in a banking hall and a road side mechanic explaining the fault of an engine to a suppose engr, that is bizzare.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Onyegecha(f): 7:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
My dear, you are very right. We WERE DUPED BY THE COLONIALISTS. We need to be saved from this brand of education that has made us unproductive and totally dependent on others for everything we need. You are one of the deep thinkers on this site. Bravo!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by NwaTeacher1: 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
White man education and religion is a very big fraud to Africa. I can read and write but can i eat any for dinner, so education is a waste of resources to African. Africa shld wise up & go back to dia base.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by lomprico(m): 8:49pm On Aug 19, 2013
Nwa Teacher: White man education and religion is a very big fraud to Africa. I can read and write but can i eat any for dinner, so education is a waste of resources to African. Africa shld wise up & go back to dia base.
Why not go and live in a cave without civilisation. Big Full!
@OP how old r u? I guess u just finished or about to finish secondary school.

2 Likes

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Onyegecha(f): 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2013
lomprico: If u were not educated u wouln't be in this forum talkless of writing this article. So what's ur point? Numbskull!

Using the brain is not a prerogative of the west. Please use yours.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by babyboy3(m): 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!

Which part of that did you miss......

You could abandon your house and look for a cave to live, leaves to cover your body, fire-wood, raw meat etc

No wonder the British, French, Spanish, Roman and German Empire emptied Africa of there resources before we were enlightened!

"The best way to hide something from Black people is to put it in a book" I wonder why someone would come out with this statement
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Sunofgod(m): 9:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
arm4u: What is Education?
Why do we go to school?
What do we achieve as educated people?

This is the story of Africa!

The colonialists came, they met us farming.
They asked us to drop our farming implements.
They promised us education!

We dropped our cutlasses and our hoes.
We followed them to school.
They thought us their languages.

Then they asked us to bring our books and pens!
They they asked us:

1. What is Agriculture? (As if we did not know)
2. What is farming? (That was what were doing before they came)
3. Mention 2 farming implements (As if we never knew: The difference was the names we called them)
4. Draw hoe (But our fathers gave us hoes and showed us how to use it)
5. Name 5 cash crops (but our fathers gave us those crops to go and sell and bring back cash)
6. What soil is good for farming? (As if we were farming on gravels before they came)
7. on and on and on, it went.

They asked us things we already knew before they came, the only difference was the language!

Then we answered there questions "correctly"!
They clapped for us and gave us papers called "Certificates".

Then we came home with our papers but the damage has been done!

We have lost interest in farming! We have stopped growing our food.
We are "educated" and not "illiterates": so we can't do "dirty" jobs like farming.

We are wearing suits and ties, speaking English but we can't produce food anymore.
Today Africa is suffering. We are hungry!
The little food we have are produced by the "old dirty illiterates".
The rest of the food we must import from the 1st world countries.

Why are Africans so dumb?
It is time to wise up and rise up.

Africa must stop food importation!

Join us in ARM!
The African Revolutionary Movement
Our campaign is that of a mental revolution!.

www.facebook.com/arm4good
info2.arm@gmail.com

. . . . Soon they will kill us with their GMO's - because some educated fool says its 'civilised' to do things their way.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 3:52am On Aug 20, 2013
[quote author=lomprico]If u were not educated u wouln't be in this forum talkless of writing this article. So what's ur point? Numbskull![/quote

it is obvious that you did not understand the heart of this post. we are not education, we are rather against this form of education that made us to become stupid. just give me one reason why we must import food.

The question here is this: what is the purpose of education? Education ought to make us to improve on the way we do things and turn lazy because we are. "educated".

our agrictural engineers ought to have mechanised our agriculture, education should have boosted our food production! Yet in our own case, the more we have educated men, the more unproductive we become.

i am bold about this: if we cannot produce our food because we are "educated", then something is wrong with the education.

6 Likes

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 4:20am On Aug 20, 2013
lomprico:

My brother, i have a B.Eng in electrical/electronics engineering. with focus on electronics by my training, i should be designing electronics devices. All i learnt was equations! many of us here cannot repair ordinary transistor radios let alone designing and producing. when my tv have a problem, i take it to the "illitrate technician". the little repairs i did, i learnt from the road side repairers.

What then was my purpose of the education?
my brother, i have also have a masters degree, in computing, but our computer scientists end up as computer operators.

As for my age, i left the universtity in 1996. my words are words from an experienced and a matured man.

2 Likes

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by NwaTeacher1: 5:59am On Aug 20, 2013
Why are you using abusive words on me? Do you want us to embark on an e-war? Do you think you can be as educated or more educated as i am? I hold Msc in Chemistry, what of you? I'm talking on an experiment that education and religion have not done any good to Africa than to deprive us our rich cultural heritage and your here fighting an e-war. Wise up my guy
lomprico:

1 Like

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by babyboy3(m): 6:19am On Aug 20, 2013
arm4u:

My brother, i have a B.Eng in electrical/electronics engineering. with focus on electronics by my training, i should be designing electronics devices. All i learnt was equations! many of us here cannot repair ordinary transistor radios let alone designing and producing. when my tv have a problem, i take it to the "illitrate technician". the little repairs i did, i learnt from the road side repairers.

What then was my purpose of the education?
my brother, i have also have a masters degree, in computing, but our computer scientists end up as computer operators.

As for my age, i left the university in 1996. my words are words from an experienced and a matured man.

Look University is not going to teach you everything and we are talking about university world wide! If you want to build your own radio, the desire has come from within! you look for the book of those who have in the past and study, I cant remember £billionaire Richard Branson the Virgin Atlantic owner had little education, but he learnt everything he knew by himself.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by thoth: 10:04am On Aug 20, 2013
lomprico:
how did you know Africans were living in caves without civilization before the white men came ?
Your own case deserves pity and you really need re-education.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by thoth: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2013
baby-boy:
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!

Which part of that did you miss......

You could abandon your house and look for a cave to live, leaves to cover your body, fire-wood, raw meat etc

No wonder the British, French, Spanish, Roman and German Empire emptied Africa of there resources before we were enlightened!

"The best way to hide something from Black people is to put it in a book" I wonder why someone would come out with this statement
So we were living in caves and covered our body with leaves cus we can't make beautiful clothes before the white man came ? is that what you want us to believe ?

1 Like

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by UyiIredia(m): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2013
lomprico: If u were not educated u wouln't be in this forum talkless of writing this article. So what's ur point? Numbskull!

That education without practical benefits is useless. That education when a means of daily survival isn't guaranteed is inane. That education we know today was the birth child of the common man who dared to inquire into the workings found in Nature. Not to mention that uselesness of education which has no power over life and death, and how a living illiterate has more worth than the corpse of a dead Einstein keeping in mind the inanity of thinking only genes make genius.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by UyiIredia(m): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2013
Lordlexy: Hahahahahaha. Man, you crack me off @speaking big big grammer with tie and suit on. Hillarious. But honestly, education goes beyond grammer to critical thinking, to bringing some thing forth, may be that is where we miss it. because, when you find an engr in a banking hall and a road side mechanic explaining the fault of an engine to a suppose engr, that is bizzare.

Very true. I study Comp. Eng and I know little of how to repair or design laptops or even circuits. I ain't the only one. And I'm confident there are a lot more people who aren't as educated (or articulate) who know much better than some half-baked graduates.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2013
baby-boy:

Look University is not going to teach you everything and we are talking about university world wide! If you want to build your own radio, the desire has come from within! you look for the book of those who have in the past and study, I cant remember £billionaire Richard Branson the Virgin Atlantic owner had more educate but he learnt everything he knew by himself.

I never said University should teach me everything.
I am only saying that things we learn at school are almost in parallel with our daily lives.
Read between the lines! The post is not condemning education, because education ought to enhance our lives.

My problem is this:
if we study agriculture, it is expected that our study should make a big impact on our food production!

We have more graduates of agricultural based courses today than fifty years ago. but we produced more food fifty years ago than today. The more graduates we produce in Agriculture, the less food we produce.

No sir! Something is wrong somewhere. More graduates should have meant more food production.

Now, it is not only in Agriculture, it is like that in every other field.
Our Electrical Engineers are bankers, our lab scientists are secretaries and receptionists, etc.

Yet, on a general note! Our major concern now is that African is being ravaged by poverty and hunger!
One of the things we must do now is to put our house in order and develop the will to grow our food.
Or please tell me, why are we importing food?

1 Like

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 11:27am On Aug 20, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Very true. I study Comp. Eng and I know little of how to repair or design laptops or even circuits. I ain't the only one. And I'm confident there are a lot more people who aren't as educated (or articulate) who know much better than some half-baked graduates.

Thanks my brother for accepting the truth!
It is not even the issue of being half baked, the point is that there is no place in Africa as at now, where you can practice your profession. As a computer Engineer, you should be in a factory where computers are designed and produced. You should be researching and developing new algorithms for the next computing devices. But what do we have? As a computer Engineer in Africa, the best job you can get is to maintain computers in some firms that use computers. Now, systems maintenance is a different skill altogether compared to the equations you were solving in the classroom.

These skills of maintenance can be acquired by any hot head who stopped schooling at JSS3, so what is the difference?

We are talking about a mental revolution that will lead to industrial revolution!
We are convinced that we make computers in Africa. We can produce our own cars and anybody with a contrary opinion is an enemy of Africa! After the physical slavery, we are now mentally slaved. Our mission is to break away from the slavery. Africans, yes we can!

Yet, we are starting our call with the focus on food production!
we must take the decision to produce our own food. Gradually, we can spread it to other things.

Let us all join hands together. Join us in ARM.

1 Like

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 11:36am On Aug 20, 2013
Onyegecha: My dear, you are very right. We WERE DUPED BY THE COLONIALISTS. We need to be saved from this brand of education that has made us unproductive and totally dependent on others for everything we need. You are one of the deep thinkers on this site. Bravo!

That is the spirit. That is our mission.
Education should make us to become productive and not to become lazy!
Our brand of education has made us to become mentally lazy and unproductive.

and even if we must import car and cell phone, why must we import food?
It is a shame!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by babyboy3(m): 11:45am On Aug 20, 2013
thoth:
So we were living in caves and covered our body with leaves cus we can't make beautiful clothes before the white man came ? is that what you want us to believe ?

Look Civilisation started in Egypt, (Acts 7:22 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians) but am sorry Civilisation was taken towards the east into old Europe.

Tell me how can a white man give an African King a mirror in exchange for diamonds?
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
thoth:

It is the historic lies they forced down on us, that we were living in caves.
Our people had houses, they were mud houses but still houses anyway.
No body is denying the fact that they were not more advanced than us, but then no body should tell us that we were empty because we were not.

baby-boy:

Look Civilisation started in Egypt, (Acts 7:22 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians) but am sorry Civilisation was taken towards the east into old Europe.

Tell me how can a white man give an African King a mirror in exchange for diamonds?
They do not mention such anymore in the history of Africans, if we did it before, we can do it again.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Horus(m): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
The African school education system is completely warped. In Africa today in the school education system they teach children that mankind is about two million years old. Yet in that same African continent bones where found of Africans 28 Million years old. They continue to follow the European school system, which is continually warping their universal consciousness. They know more about Christopher Columbus and Christianity than their own African cultures
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
Horus: The African school education system is completely warped. In Africa today in the school education system they teach children that mankind is about two million years old. Yet in that same African continent bones where found of Africans 28 Million years old. They continue to follow the European school system, which is continually warping their universal consciousness. They know more about Christopher Columbus and Christianity than their own African cultures
My problem is not even the traditions and the cultures, it is that schooling make us to become so narrow minded, that we are not productive.

The teaming of unemployed graduates is a pointer to the fact that something is wrong with our educational system.
Education supposed to make to become productive and not opposite.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by KayDee4: 1:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nwa Teacher: White man education and religion is a very big fraud to Africa. I can read and write but can i eat any for dinner, so education is a waste of resources to African. Africa shld wise up & go back to dia base.

The white man practices the same education and is putting it to good use. Even with all the oil in Texas, they have very large farms and are producing food, same cannot be said of our dear Nigeria. Did the so called white man teach us to use education in a different way ?
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by tpia5: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
Very simplistic.

There's no country in the world which doesnt import food.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by KayDee4: 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
arm4u:
My problem is not even the traditions and the cultures, it is that schooling make us to become so narrow minded, that we are not productive.

The teaming of unemployed graduates is a pointer to the fact that something is wrong with our educational system.
Education supposed to make to become productive and not opposite.

You make it sound like education brings a negative effect when the problem is people not using it properly.
Education doesn't keep you from being open minded. In some places, college professors encourage you to challenge them and when you teach them your ideas, they listen attentively cheesy . That's open-mindedness, thinking outside the box and coming up with new ideas. It's up to you to apply your education in a way that it puts bread on your table using what you learnt in the classroom.
The only thing the technician TV repairer has over you is his 'priceless' experience but if you have equal practical experience to go with your MS and BS degrees, you won't be on the same level.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
Kay-Dee:

The white man practices the same education and is putting it to good use. Even with all the oil in Texas, they have very large farms and are producing food, same cannot be said of our dear Nigeria. Did the so called white man teach us to use education in a different way ?

We are told to work hard at school, graduate with a good grade so we can get a good job!
Everybody wants a good job: a job without "stress" and it must be the so called white collar job. so, our Professors in Agriculture cannot produce corn or rice. They work for government, they get salary and then they go to the market to buy imported rice.

We are not necessarily blaming the whiteman, we should take our own responsibility. We threw away our critical reasonings and traded them for certificates and nothing else. Education should have helped us to improve on what we are doing, but we abandoned whatever it was we were doing and hold unto "education" alone.

Name 5 cash crops is not the same as selling crops to get cash. Emphasis should be on producing and selling the cash crops and not on just "naming" them!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
tpia@:
Very simplistic.

There's no country in the world which doesnt import food.

Which and which food does Nigeria export to which and which country?

Emm, please, why is there poverty and hunger in Nigeria and indeed Africa?
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by tpia5: 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
Google dear.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
tpia@:
Google dear.

I should google the food we export or the why there is so much hunger here?
State your facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News:General Buhari To Be Disqualified In Few Days Time[A MUST READ] / Ojukwu Is A Blood Sucker While The Igbos Are Slaves In Nigeria-EDWIN CLARKE 2003 / What Is President Jonathan Wearing Underneath His Cloth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.