Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. (1064 Views)

Computer Engineering/science Graduates?? / My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" / Job Prospects And Opportunities For Political Science Graduates In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by Dminister(m): 12:42am On Sep 04, 2013
My fellow political scientists,i am creating dis page for all those who are hard core political scientists and also for those who are still undergoing the vigorous study of political science.we ar going to be using this trend to communicate issues within the public fora or rather to propagate ideologies within d context of nigeria and africa as a whole and other countries of the world.please,feel free to communicate to us what u feel should be communicable to us for us place insightful explanations as to what your communication is based.i welcome u all felow scientist!

1 Like

Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by humblesteve(m): 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thanks for your concern i love it at least we can share ideals and discus on the political issues that are be-facing us here in nigeria and africa as a whole. We the great political scientist. Am Godwin currently studying @ nnamdi azikiwe university. Thanks once again.
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by Dminister(m): 2:08am On Sep 06, 2013
@Godwin,its indeed my pleasure meeting u,my fellow scientist.i am sony and i graduated last yr frm ambrose alli university,ekpoma.am currently waitin to serve in the november nysc batch c.u ar welcome my fellow scientist.
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by mubalex50(m): 3:57am On Sep 06, 2013
Good mawnin 2 all political gladiator in d building.
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by humblesteve(m): 8:50am On Sep 07, 2013
Dminister: @Godwin,its indeed my pleasure meeting u,my fellow scientist.i am sony and i graduated last yr frm ambrose alli university,ekpoma.am currently waitin to serve in the november nysc batch c.u ar welcome my fellow scientist.
ok my bro wish u al da best
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by Dminister(m): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
Tank u my dear@Godwin
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by onlyme07(m): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hmmm...Op, i think you should have added international relations grads and undergrads to the thread. Only suggestion oo.. Diplomats i rep !
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by mubalex50(m): 10:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
As a political scientist, I think contemporary issue need 2 b iron out in dis room, nigeria politics, Africa politics & even world politics @ large
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by onlyme07(m): 11:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
mubalex50: As a political scientist, I think contemporary issue need 2 b iron out in dis room, nigeria politics, Africa politics & even world politics @ large

Yes. What's your take on the Syria issue especially the chemical weapon saga. Also,would you regard the issue in Eqypt that ousted Morsi a coup?
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by Vivly(f): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by mubalex50(m): 11:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
onlyme07:

Yes. What's your take on the Syria issue especially the chemical weapon saga. Also,would you regard the issue in Eqypt that ousted Morsi a coup?
, I would like 2 support U.S in attacking syria, but attacking syria won't solve d problem otherwise worsen d situation, cox 2 wrong can never make a right, in d case of egypt, dat always happen in d third world society,
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by segxes23(m): 8:00am On Sep 09, 2013
Fellow HomopolitiKus,Repping students of Unilorin. I'm a 300lvl political scientist.
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by onlyme07(m): 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
mubalex50: , I would like 2 support U.S in attacking syria, but attacking syria won't solve d problem otherwise worsen d situation, cox 2 wrong can never make a right, in d case of egypt, dat always happen in d third world society,

I totally agree with you on the issue in Syria..war would never use to stop war neither blood for blood bring an end it but my question to folks around is ..would the war in Syria end in peace at all?? since Assad has a the strong backing of Russia (Putin) whom to my own observation supplied the chemical weapons. So,if the west is not allowed to come in now, it may take several years and by then Russia would regret associating itself with Assad.

You said my mind on Eqypt as well. To me,it was a coup which can be justified because Morsi knew and agreed he failed his people and with his African mentality instead of stepping down, he was ousted, now behind bars causing bloodshed. Anyways,the saga itsef would take long to resolve because the demands of the muslim brotherhood can never be granted. Still watching as things unfolds.

Tunisians are back on the streets again..what's your take??

what could be solution to the crisis in Syria and Eqypt?

1 Like

Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by Dminister(m): 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2013
In my own opinion,the world is a place of power politics or rather war politics were power driven political leaders come to display the capabilities at their disposal.first,every countries of the world propagate policies and is with this policies they align with each other(friendly).the us coming to interfere with the ongoing nuclear disarment is a clear picture of america mission to protect the world from destruction.in international relations wars ar inevitable because the world atlarge is a place where countries come to showcase their capabilities.policies may be friendly and or aggressive.the us mission to syria is part of her aggressive policies.b4 a country leader will go into war with another,there's need to access the means at disposal.the resolution of the united nations with regards to world nuclear disarment stated in its articles that the world wud fast come to callapse if countries of the world shud continue engagin in what wud bring an end to human existence.the us being the world most powerful in its part of her policies extends her interest in protectin and eliminating threat to her first class citizens and second citizens existence. The us nuclear disarment policies ar boldly based on protecting her citizens(first class) and world citizens(second class) and the planet. The us is extending and influencin her policies globally by engaging and prosecutin wars and terrorism within and outside her geographical congestion. The manner in which one country responds to another country's interest dsame result she wud get(vice versa)if a countrys policy is aggressive towards another countrys interest the result wud b dsame. There4,my point here is dat,the us mission to syria to interfere and engage in war with syria is totally international politics of power wereby d Us display her capabilities 4 the world to view at large.
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by lekside05(m): 2:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
i dont kno somtin lik dis was here, b4 i create a thread dat is similar to dis. Anyway all wel and gud..
My own opinion concernin syria issue is that as we all kno dat d global politics is based on the realist ideology, in which might makes right.. As all dat dere is permanent friendship in int'r relatn but permanent interest. US attempt to intervene in syria crisis, is not because dey luv syria but its for dere own interest. I bliv dat d only way to end dis crisis is 2ru peaceful means even now dat Russia who is also a permanent member of d UN is in support of Assad.. USA also want to maintain there hegemonic stance.
GREAT NAPSS... THE SCIENCE OF FREEDOM
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by kaka22(m): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2013
In order to fully understand why USA wants to intervene in syrian crisis, we have to look at what has happened in Syria since the beginning of the peaceful protest before it turned to civil war and the role played by foreign actors. Also,I will use two theories of international politics in my analysis.
1. Realist theory or Realism
2. Idealist theory or Idealism.
SYRIAN CRISIS.
The Syrian crisis popularly referred to as Arab Spring started out as peaceful protest against dictatorship,tyranny,oppression and economic problems. It will be recalled that Arab spring started in Tunisia and later Egypt, libya,Yemen; and now Syria... Arab springs in the countries mentioned above excluding Syria have achieved its aim. Although the aim of Arab spring has led to controversy... The success of Arab Spring in these countries was due to the decisiveness of international community but due to division among members of international community, war in syria still continues...
RUSSIA'S ROLE IN SYRIAN CRISIS.
Since the beginning of Syrian crisis, Russia has been selling arms and ammunitions to Assad led government... Russia and China have blocked many resolutions at the level of security council of UN citing the defects of such resolutions for their actions... Russia argued that such resolutions condemned only one party(Syrian govt) in the war and not both parties.
USA's ROLE IN SYRIAN CRISIS.
Shortly after the peaceful protest in Syria turned to full blown civil war, USA and her allies began to supply the rebels with non-lethal aid. Such aid has been increased due to recent happenings... USA in collaboration with her allies has formulated resolutions that seeks to condemn Syrian government although such resolutions were blocked by Russia...
IDEALIST'S VIEW ABT SYRIAN CRISIS
It should be noted that idealism is about what what ought to be rather than what is. Although some elements of Idealism are applicable in current happenings... Idealism advocates for peaceful resolution of disputes through negotiation and the use of international organisations which explains the continued attempts by UN to resolve the crisis in Syria through its envoy(first Koffi Anan and now Brahimi)...
REALIST'S VIEW ABT SYRIAN CRISIS
Realists see states in international system as selfish actors who seek to protect their interests by whatever means possible... Realism sees the global system as anarchical in nature. Anarchical in the sense of absence of overarching authority to regulate the actions of state. Therefore, each state resort to self help in order to protect her interests... So Usa and Russia's actions are seen as protecting their interests rather than protecting the people of Syria... Following realist's argument, Russia keeps blocking UN's resolution as a result of protecting their interest( money being made by Russia through selling of arms and ammunition to Syrian govt) and USA insistence on interfering in Syrian crisis can be seen as trying to protect her interest(Syrian oil and introducing liberal democracy in syria)...
CONCLUSION.
There is no one way of explaining Syrian crisis... One's point of view will be a product of one ideological or theory's leaning whether realism or idealism... No matter one's ideological leaning, everybody's effort should be on how to resolve the crisis rather than pointing fingers... I rest my case
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by onlyme07(m): 10:41am On Sep 12, 2013
kaka22: In order to fully understand why USA wants to intervene in syrian crisis, we have to look at what has happened in Syria since the beginning of the peaceful protest before it turned to civil war and the role played by foreign actors. Also,I will use two theories of international politics in my analysis.
1. Realist theory or Realism
2. Idealist theory or Idealism.
SYRIAN CRISIS.
The Syrian crisis popularly referred to as Arab Spring started out as peaceful protest against dictatorship,tyranny,oppression and economic problems. It will be recalled that Arab spring started in Tunisia and later Egypt, libya,Yemen; and now Syria... Arab springs in the countries mentioned above excluding Syria have achieved its aim. Although the aim of Arab spring has led to controversy... The success of Arab Spring in these countries was due to the decisiveness of international community but due to division among members of international community, war in syria still continues...
RUSSIA'S ROLE IN SYRIAN CRISIS.
Since the beginning of Syrian crisis, Russia has been selling arms and ammunitions to Assad led government... Russia and China have blocked many resolutions at the level of security council of UN citing the defects of such resolutions for their actions... Russia argued that such resolutions condemned only one party(Syrian govt) in the war and not both parties.
USA's ROLE IN SYRIAN CRISIS.
Shortly after the peaceful protest in Syria turned to full blown civil war, USA and her allies began to supply the rebels with non-lethal aid. Such aid has been increased due to recent happenings... USA in collaboration with her allies has formulated resolutions that seeks to condemn Syrian government although such resolutions were blocked by Russia...
IDEALIST'S VIEW ABT SYRIAN CRISIS
It should be noted that idealism is about what what ought to be rather than what is. Although some elements of Idealism are applicable in current happenings... Idealism advocates for peaceful resolution of disputes through negotiation and the use of international organisations which explains the continued attempts by UN to resolve the crisis in Syria through its envoy(first Koffi Anan and now Brahimi)...
REALIST'S VIEW ABT SYRIAN CRISIS
Realists see states in international system as selfish actors who seek to protect their interests by whatever means possible... Realism sees the global system as anarchical in nature. Anarchical in the sense of absence of overarching authority to regulate the actions of state. Therefore, each state resort to self help in order to protect her interests... So Usa and Russia's actions are seen as protecting their interests rather than protecting the people of Syria... Following realist's argument, Russia keeps blocking UN's resolution as a result of protecting their interest( money being made by Russia through selling of arms and ammunition to Syrian govt) and USA insistence on interfering in Syrian crisis can be seen as trying to protect her interest(Syrian oil and introducing liberal democracy in syria)...
CONCLUSION.
There is no one way of explaining Syrian crisis... One's point of view will be a product of one ideological or theory's leaning whether realism or idealism... No matter one's ideological leaning, everybody's effort should be on how to resolve the crisis rather than pointing fingers... I rest my case

Thumbs up bro.. I really love your analysis based on the two theories. Nonetheless,you never profer a solution to the 2yrs crisis.
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by kaka22(m): 11:49am On Sep 12, 2013
SOLUTIONS TO SYRIAN CRISIS.
There are different policy options(solutions) to Syrian crisis:-
1. Foreign actors(USA,Russia and others) should resolve their differences and find a common ground so as to resolve Syrian crisis.This solution is associated with idealist school of thought.
2. USA should forge ahead with her limited military action in Syria as such military action will weaken Syrian capability... The rebels will in the long run defeat Assad.
3. Assad should be left alone to continue ruling but his tenure will be limited to 4 or 5yrs as the case may be... This solution can only work if Russia put pressure on Syrian govt and the rebels also accept it.
NOTE: Any solution that will resolve Syrian crisis must be one that will see Assad leave Corridor of power...As such solution is the one that will be accepted by the rebels
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by onlyme07(m): 2:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
Please which textbooks would you recommend for the ff courses

1.International Political Systems and

2 Structure and.Organization of government.
Re: Political Science Graduates And Undergraduates Thread. by Dminister(m): 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
Please post your view on a demagogue and a stateman in reflection of nigeria political system.

(1) (Reply)

NNPC/ADDAX Scholarship Examination Ist / Nigerian Students Prefer ASUU Strike To Be Called Off Next Year? / National Open University Of Nigeria.[noun]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.