Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,965 members, 7,825,021 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 (35573 Views)

UEFA Champions League Draw On 14th December 2015 / Champions League Group Stage Draw On 27th August 2015 / Manchester United Vs Swansea (1 - 2) On 16 August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
UEFA will conduct the draws for the Round of 16 of the Champions League on Monday, Dec 16.

Updated

These are the fixtures:
Arsenal v Bayern
Man City v Barcelona
Olympiakos v Man Utd
Galatasaray v Chelsea
Schalke v Real Madrid
AC Milan v Athletico Madrid
Zenit v Borussia Dortmund
Bayer Leverkusen v PSG
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
12noon bro not 9pm

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by gaburiel(m): 11:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
All English teams made it through to the round of 16, hope they are able to make it to the next round.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Odunharry(m): 12:13am On Dec 12, 2013
Man utd vs Olympiakos
Arsenal vs Psg
city vs Dortmund
chelsea vs Ac milan.

All English team must advance to the nxt stage

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by homesteady(m): 12:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
O GOD please let barcelona meet Bayer Leverkusen again! embarassed this time around, Messi will score 6goals and Neymar will score another hatrick! grin grin

How I want the draw to be
•Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen
•Real madrid Vs Man City
•Atl . Madrid Vs Olympiakos
•Bayern Munich Vs AC Milan
•Borussia Dortmund Vs Zenith
•Chelsea Vs Galatasry
•Man Utd Vs Schalke
•PSG Vs Arsenal
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by AbuMikey(m): 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
How I want the draw to be insha Allah

•Real madrid Vs AC Milan
•Atl . Madrid Vs Zenith
•Bayern Munich Vs Olympiacos
•Borussia Dortmund Vs Man City
•Chelsea Vs Galatasry
•Man Utd Vs Schalke
•PSG Vs Arsenal

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Nomski0(f): 1:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Man united Vs Zenith st petersburg

Real Madrid Vs Bayer Leverkusen

This way, my two teams are catwalking into the next round......hopefully.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by donphilopus: 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
Barcelona Vs Bayer Leverkuseen

Real Madrid Vs Arsenal

Athletico Madrid Vs Zenith

Bayern Munich Vs Olympiakos

Borussia Dortmund Vs Galatasaray

Chelsea Vs Man City

Man Utd Vs AC Milan

PSG Vs Schalke

Any objection??
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by donphilopus: 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nomski0: Man united Vs Zenith st petersburg

Real Madrid Vs Bayer Leverkusen

This way, my two teams are catwalking into the next round......hopefully.
Who told you Zenith would easy to Man Utd?? U go see that day na!
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by donphilopus: 5:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
homesteady: O GOD please let barcelona meet Bayer Leverkusen again! embarassed this time around, Messi will score 6goals and Neymar will score another hatrick! grin grin

How I want the draw to be
•Real madrid Vs Man City
•Atl . Madrid Vs Olympiakos
•Bayern Munich Vs AC Milan
•Borussia Dortmund Vs Zenith
•Chelsea Vs Galatasry
•Man Utd Vs Schalke
•PSG Vs Arsenal

Unpossible, impossible rather.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by homesteady(m): 6:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
donphilopus:

Unpossible, impossible rather.
Just watch and see grin Monday is not far
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by donphilopus: 6:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
homesteady:
Just watch and see grin Monday is not far
Ooops, I forgot! I thought you wrote Bayern Vs Mancity, I never knew it was Madrid! Anyways, it won't be.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
donphilopus:

Any objection??

Man City vs Chelsea is impossible.

*2 teams from the same country can't meet in the round of 16.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
Austeenx:

True. I'll like to see
Man City v Barca
Arsenal v Bayern
Leverkusen v Chelsea
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by homesteady(m): 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
CFCfan:

True. I'll like to see
Man City v Barca
Arsenal v Bayern
Leverkusen v Chelsea

Everybody is fighting for leverkusen grin grin
Please they are for barca oh!
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by donphilopus: 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
Austeenx:

Why can't they meet?? I'm even heard Arsenal may play Man City in the round of 16.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by donphilopus: 8:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
homesteady:

It'll be perplexing, if at the end Leverkusen makes it to quarter finals. They must surely make it, my guy once played there!
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by donphilopus: 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
[size=30pt]UEFA Rules May Set Up Arsenal Against Man City In Round Of 16[/size]

WEDNESDAY’S results left 16 teams soaring, those clubs having confirmed their place in the knockout round of UEFA Champions League. Come Monday? A few will rue their knockout round draws, with two English clubs destined for nightmare match ups in the Round of 16.

By virtue of tough groups (and finishing just behind last year’s finalists, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund), Manchester City and Arsenal are in the runners-up pot – the pot that will be drawn against the eight winners from Champions League’s group stage.

Those teams that were just good enough to make the final 16, but not good enough to win their groups? Manchester City and Arsenal can’t draw them. They’ll be matched up against the best teams in Europe.

There are, however, two caveats. First, teams can’t be drawn against clubs they faced in group play. Been there, done that, moving on. Second, teams can’t be drawn against clubs from their own federations. If we are going to see rematches of games we see domestically (at least) twice a year, it’s going to be in the later rounds. Champions League’s exotic that way.

Unfortunately, come Monday, those rules will work against Arsenal and City. While each will be able to avoid one German team (Dortmund and Munich, respectively), they won’t be able to draw Manchester United in the Round of 16.

They also won’t be able to draw Chelsea. Mileage will vary, but for many, those are the two easiest teams in the group winners pool. Not being able to draw them increases the odds City and Arsenal will be draw against one of the tournament’s true favorites.

Those favorites (in group order): Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona. Some may see PSG and Atlético as the lessors of that group, but results say otherwise.

Between league and Champions League results, these are the six standout teams in Europe. The fact that Arsenal and City can only draw them (and not Manchester United or Chelsea) leaves UEFA’s rules are working against them.
UEFA RULES MAY SET UP ARSENAL AGAINST MAN CITY IN ROUND OF 16
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 8:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
Chai, no Portugese team made it to the round of 16. What has happened top FC Porto, Benfica et al.

I hope all the English teams that made it through never go past this stage. It has always been a recurring decimal.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
Afam4eva: Chai, no Portugese team made it to the round of 16. What has happened top FC Porto, Benfica et al.

I hope all the English teams that made it through never go past this stage. It has always been a recurring decimal.
See bad belle grin grin
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
donphilopus: Why can't they meet?? I'm even heard Arsenal may play Man City in the round of 16.

Well, that's new. Anyway, fingers crossed.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
homesteady:

Barcelona should manage Zenith St. Petersburg, Olympiacos or Galatasaray.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by donphilopus: 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
Austeenx:

Well, that's new. Anyway, fingers crossed.
K!
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by donphilopus: 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
Afam4eva: Chai, no Portugese team made it to the round of 16. What has happened top FC Porto, Benfica et al.

Two English team will have to go back home to create a way for two others to play in Finals.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
donphilopus: Two English team will have to go back home to create a way for two others to play in Finals.
Keep dreaming. They're all going home except two English teams meet each other.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by donphilopus: 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
Afam4eva:
Keep dreaming. They're all going home except two English teams meet each other.
Let's see how it unfolds! I'm very sure two EPL teams would be meeting at the finals! If I'm not too sure of any, I won't contemplate my team.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by homesteady(m): 9:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
Austeenx:

Barcelona should manage Zenith St. Petersburg, Olympiacos or Galatasaray.

Yea any of them
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
donphilopus: Let's see how it unfolds! I'm very sure two EPL teams would be meeting at the finals! If I'm not too sure of any, I won't contemplate my team.
Na SPanish teams wan play for Carling cup final before? We're talking of the UEFA Champions league and not some local competition in England. The cup belongs to either a Spanish team or a German team. That's how it will be for some time.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by donphilopus: 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
Afam4eva:
Na SPanish teams wan play for Carling cup final before? We're talking of the UEFA Champions league and not some local competition in England. The cup belongs to either a Spanish team or a German team. That's how it will be for some time.
Lol: you're already thinking of Barcelona, Madrid, Dortmund, or Munich! But I bet you that any of them won't step that final! If at all two English teams are not going for the finals, it will be either one of these 4, playing against an English team (names withheld) in the final.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 16, 2013
Today is the D-day.
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by homesteady(m): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2013
Yay! smiley
Re: UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 Draw On 16 December 2013 by Krasid(m): 10:00am On Dec 16, 2013
Real madrid vs Arsenal
Barcelona vs Man city

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 2) On 1st September 2019 / FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 19th January 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.