Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,908 members, 7,831,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw (45978 Views)

RMD & Stephanie Henshaw, Chris Okotie's Ex-wife Pictured Together Hand In Hand / New Pics Of Chris Okotie's Ex-wife, Stephanie Henshaw / Stephanie Henshaw Opens Up On Her Break Up With Pastor Chris Okotie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by A40(m): 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2008
At least he re-married and wasnt just keeping another girlfriend on the side! all you holier than thou people sef.Buncha Pharisee and Saduccees tongue
The woman is hot i must add
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by 2sleek2NV(m): 9:44pm On Aug 11, 2008
i wish d guy well.
We all have our opinion n freedom of speech but pls we shld try not to judge o cos we no b God
Gamine take note
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by ezer(m): 11:38pm On Aug 11, 2008
if its another pastor or rev, i'll understand, but pastor wen dey follow thieves (politicians)compete, henhen lipsrsealed anythin can happen. anyways, i wish him good luck.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by joshjosh(m): 11:41pm On Aug 11, 2008
Gamine:

This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
1 Timothy 3:1 Man of God ko, Called, anointed indeed. ANYBODY CAN BE A PASTOR!

ever come across 1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I made use of a child's language, I had a child's feelings and a child's thoughts: now that I am a man, I have put away the things of a child.?

enjoy the anonimity of the net and keep praying that life don't teach you a lesson your life dont want. the late derek prince always cautioned us to err on the side of grace. last time i checked God didnt have confidential secretaries.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Pepeye(f): 11:46pm On Aug 11, 2008
A-40:

At least he re-married and wasnt just keeping another girlfriend on the side!

Yeah , atleast he finally married , He could have kept her hidden for all we know …he’s been home alone all these years,
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by stkris(m): 5:11am On Aug 12, 2008
oh boi,  i 4 no mind this pastor wife o, but y d fine boi pastor con resemble 70 year old village chief 4 dis pic nah. grin

Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by EnnyP(f): 7:39am On Aug 12, 2008
nuzo:

Stupid and selfish Nigerians at it again.
When matter concern "daddy" Adeboye or Oyedepo; its godly, holly and god's plan. Besides that, any other pastor can go to hell.

Shame on you all!!!!!!!!!!

The bible says whosoever shall cause one of these to fall, its better for a milestone to be hung around his neck and drown in d sea. Accepted that we shouldnt judge a man of God and am not attempting to judge him but i wonder wat he wants his followers to be doing if he's doing this
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by otokx(m): 8:43am On Aug 12, 2008
truth is truth is truth
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 12, 2008
Nigerians can't stop worshipping men instead of God. Fine pussyie there sha!! Bible said you can only divorce when you have seen sins like adultery but am not sure if you stand to remarry with that reason. I think you will stay single until that partner dies and no bleeping within that period. Big punishment huh! Even for singles, no bleeping until you get a Bleep mate.

But when it comes to pastors and men of God, people come rallying around defending their deeds. But where do these men get their illustrations from? Is it not from us, mere fellowers? Don't do this , don't do that. I noticed this and stop it before God punishes you. Everyone should just read his verses themselves and look up to God. Am even looking for a shop to open my own church. One leg on the heavenly race track, the other in the earthly stuff. Adios Amingo!!
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 9:41am On Aug 12, 2008
@Joshjosh.

My opinions dont matter and unlike you, i am not anonymous.

I stand on the BIBLE, not on any pastors shoulder

HE SHould not be allowed to Pastor, thats what my BIBLE SAYS
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by hadiza30(f): 9:50am On Aug 12, 2008
Wow shocked shocked shocked the wife fine o.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by fire4fire: 10:22am On Aug 12, 2008
st-kris:

oh boi, i 4 no mind this pastor wife o, but y d fine boi pastor con resemble 70 year old village chief 4 this pic nah. grin

You are right ooooo, I thought this was Chris Okotie's father when I first saw the Pic . grin grin

Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by ohije(m): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2008
It's quite interesting that alot of us throw caution to the wind and just love to talk about people's private lives with resentment. It is very glaring that alot of people been attacked on this forum, for an action they took is always because of religious differences and denominational bias. YOU CAN NEVER KNOW TOO MUCH TO DICTATE TO GOD HOW HE WOULD JUDGE ANY MAN. shocked
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by spikedcylinder: 11:06am On Aug 12, 2008
If you people like, castigate him from now till eternity, he still remains married to the woman and his church is still blossoming. Who said "evil" doesnt have a good name?
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by ohije(m): 11:08am On Aug 12, 2008
It's quite interesting that alot of us throw caution to the wind and just love to talk about people's private lives with resentment. It is very glaring that alot of people been attacked on this forum, for an action they took is always because of religious differences and denominational bias. YOU CAN NEVER KNOW TOO MUCH TO DICTATE TO GOD HOW HE WOULD JUDGE ANY MAN. NOTE THAT GOD DEALS WITH HIS SERVANTS WHO MISBEHAVE & THE ALSO DEALS WITH PEOPLE WHO USED THE OPPORTUNITY TO BLASPHEME BOTH GOD AND THE ERRING SERVANT OF GOD.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by teetee2(f): 11:32am On Aug 12, 2008
GAMINE, your judgement sound too personal. i think he must have divorced for him to make that marriage a public one. He must lay good example for his followers. Sometime he was asked a question abt his former wife and said the wife wanted him to come abroad and he could not leave the work of God because his calling not abroad but nigeria. As a man of God he needs a wife for him to be free from temptation we all leaving by God's grace. Many times he had been accused of dating different ladies that worship in his church but now is a responsible man. 'APONLE O SI FUN OBA TI KO NI OLORE' Happy married life, Chris
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 11:35am On Aug 12, 2008
My Judgement is biblical
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by obyann(f): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2008
zelaws:

we are human with human hearts god is the jugde but merciful. the grace of david is not of saul.
so let leave this case for GOD to judge

Abi ooo
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by komekn(m): 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2008
Gamine I appreciate your heart felt comments, I feel your spirit but differ in application and detail.

(NKJ)[/b]Matthew 19:  6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” 7 They said to Him, “Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?” 8 He said to them, “Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality,[d] and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.”
10 His disciples said to Him, “If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is better not to marry.”

[b](The Message)
Matthew 19:  8-9 Jesus said, "Moses provided for divorce as a concession to your hard heartedness, but it is not part of God's original plan. I'm holding you to the original plan, and holding you liable for adultery if you divorce your faithful wife and then marry someone else. I make an exception in cases where the spouse has committed adultery."

(Amplified) Matthew 8He said to them, Because of the hardness (stubbornness and perversity) of your hearts Moses permitted you to dismiss and repudiate and divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been [b]so [ordained].     9I say to you: whoever dismisses (repudiates, divorces) his wife, except for unchastity, and marries commits adultery, [c]and he who marries divorced woman commits adultery.

Tina, Pastor Okoties first wife abandoned/ deserted and divorced him by intent and implication in excess of ten years ago leaving him to live in the states, and has most likely or engaged in other relationships and or remarried. Under those circumstances legally before God he is able to marry. What his current wifes past and present circumtsnaces are i have no idea.  I must say she is very pretty i assume he used his spiritual eyes to see her as well as his physical ones.

The second issue is general, what God has joined together, let not man separate.”  A lot of people are married but did God actually join them together or man or indeed the devil? (Being enticed by the devil and all that, again another matter) therefore is that marriage recognised before God

Finally in all things be led of the spirit of God, Getting married is not the cure to temptation killing the flesh/self and being filled in the spirit is. The real question is what is the spirit of the Lord saying.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by iceland(m): 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2008
Posted by: Gamine
My Judgement is biblical
[color=#990000][/color]

Your judgement is a shit!See who is talking about judging from the bible then braking the laws in the same bible.The bible tells us not to judge but u went ahead rolling ur mouth on the matter u know nothing about.
secondly,the bibledid not say pastor or anybody should not divorce or re-marry,it only says if u wanna divorce,do so when there's is marital unfaithfulness.then you can remarry!did u know what happened between him and the wife that had been in the U.S for years?You dont expect him towash his dirty pants in the public do you?Just keep your dirty mouth shut!who kniows the blunder you will commit in your own marital life.HE WITHOUT SIN LET HIM THROW THE FIRST STONE,
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Gamine(f): 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Komekn.

i get your point

@Iceland,
i do not get yours

John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by hadiza30(f): 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2008
iceland:

Posted by: Gamine
My Judgement is biblical
[color=#990000][/color]

Your judgement is a shit!See who is talking about judging from the bible then braking the laws in the same bible.The bible tells us not to judge but u went ahead rolling your mouth on the matter u know nothing about.
secondly,the bibledid not say pastor or anybody should not divorce or re-marry,it only says if u want to divorce,do so when there's is marital unfaithfulness.then you can remarry!did u know what happened between him and the wife that had been in the US for years?You don't expect him towash his dirty pants in the public do you?Just keep your dirty mouth shut!who kniows the blunder you will commit in your own marital life.HE WITHOUT SIN LET HIM THROW THE FIRST STONE,

shocked shocked shocked Haba Iceland it has not come to this naw?
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by fideleo: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2008
please leave Rev kris okotie alone.Give him another chance to start allover again. The previous wife is in the USA enjoying another relationship. Okotie is a man dat i have always admire and love and it can change. Give him a Chance to start allover again.
HOUSEHOLD SOLID.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Toyman(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2008
thanks God, okotie is like everyother man he is free to re-marry, am happy for him
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by ud4u: 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2008
ohije:

It's quite interesting that alot of us throw caution to the wind and just love to talk about people's private lives with resentment. It is very glaring that alot of people been attacked on this forum, for an action they took is always because of religious differences and denominational bias. YOU CAN NEVER KNOW TOO MUCH TO DICTATE TO GOD HOW HE WOULD JUDGE ANY MAN. shocked
ohije:

Hi guys, the truth is always bitter, the bible says one man, one wife till death do them part, so do not be deceived God is not mocked. As far as a mans wife is still alive he is bound under Gods law to remain unmarried. It is till death do them part whether separated or not. Yes i know is hard to practice but that is the truth about Gods word.
We are not judging anybody deviates from it, but we have to say the truth. God is the Judge.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by carmelily: 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2008
Those people who say he can't remarry because his wife is alive cannot be farther from the truth. Where does the Bible say that? What the Bible says is one cannot re-marry if he/she had a divorce that wasn't caused by adultery, meaning the only grounds for a divorce is adultery. Chris Okotie fulfilled the requirement when he cheated on his first wife! grin
He is free to re-marry now. but one catch, what he now has is regarded as adultery in God's eyes. Reason being that. the spouse that was divorced on account of adultery cannot remarry as the person who marries him will be regarded as an adulterer. Kinda twisted, huh? undecided
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by komekn(m): 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2008
Carmelily,
I am trying to stick to the issues that are not in contention, for instance his wife left him over ten years ago, established beyond any doubt. As for him cheating on his wife I do not know, and another little thing I don’t have an opinion if the bible says it then it is final and established.
Consider this:

(The Message) Luke 16.18 What society sees and calls monumental, God sees through and calls monstrous. God's Law and the Prophets climaxed in John; Now it's all kingdom of God—the glad news and compelling invitation to every man and woman. The sky will disintegrate and the earth dissolve before a single letter of God's Law wears out. Using the legalities of divorce as a cover for lust is adultery; using the legalities of marriage as a cover for lust is adultery.
Your question answered:
1 Corinthians 7:39-40
(NKJ)[/b]39 A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord. 40 But she is happier if she remains as she is, according to my judgment—and I think I also have the Spirit of God.
[b](The Message)
39-40 A wife must stay with her husband as long as he lives. If he dies, she is free to marry anyone she chooses. She will, of course, want to marry a believer and have the blessing of the Master. By now you know that I think she'll be better off staying single. The Master, in my opinion, thinks so, too.
(The Amplified) 39 A wife is bound to her husband by law as long as he lives. If the husband dies, she is free to be married to whom she will, only [provided that he too is] in the Lord. 40But in my opinion [a widow] is happier (more blessed and to be envied) if she does not remarry. And also I think I have the Spirit of God.

Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by madamkoko: 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2008
You all should leave Chris alone. The man has needs now. wink wink wink
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by carmelily: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2008
komekn:

Carmelily,
I am trying to stick to the issues that are not in contention, for instance his wife left him over ten years ago, established beyond any doubt. As for him cheating on his wife I do not know, and another little thing I don’t have an opinion if the bible says it then it is final and established.

i wasn't really following the 'contention'. was reacting to some views on page one. i honestly didn't read any of your posts and didn't know what side you were for or against. But in any case, i heard he cheated on his first wife and had a child out of wedlock and wifey left when she found out. The authenticity of that info is what i can't vouch for. In the final analysis, I think God is the best judge. And I wish Christephanie all the best! cheesy

P.S. Dem pikin go tap o!
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by igbanbajo(m): 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2008
How did this man cope without a woman in all the years after his divorce?
Was he truly clean?
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 12, 2008
this was the same pastor that was counseling this woman and her ex husband when they were having problems, see as he don solve the problem, ride on reverend pastor.
Re: Rev Chris Okotie Weds Stephanie Henshaw by MrCrackles(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2008
df2006:

this was the same pastor that was counseling this woman and her ex husband when they were having problems, see as he don solve the problem, ride on reverend pastor.

na so life be

okotie see soup wey sweet, he comot spoon chop am! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Korede Bello Bags Chieftaincy Title In Kano, Falalu Dorayi Kicks (Photos) / How To Borrow Money From MTN Directly To Your Bank Account And Pay Later / Timini Egbuson And Ceec Filmed Kissing (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.