Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,020 members, 7,852,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:04 PM

The Olympics Are Here! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Olympics Are Here! (658 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigerians Representing Other Countries In The Olympics!! / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Olympics Are Here! by lipuka(m): 8:08am On Aug 07, 2008
: The Olympics are with us again. As a Kenyan I can assure you that we shall be getting quite a few medals in races from 800 meters to the Marathon.

The 3000 meters Steeplechase is, ofcourse, Kenya's own.

I have some sympathy for the Nigerian Ladies' football team. I do wish them well, and would like to think that they will be able to emulate their men counterparts in winning the Gold medal, but I am afraid Nigerian juju will not work here. They are in a very tough Group and should make a quick exit.

What are the other prospects for Nigeria? Well, the era of the Mary Onyalis is long gone, and I do not see much success here, but good luck all the same.

We in Kenya cheer Nigeria whenever they do well. Hopefully, my Nigerian in-laws will cheer Kenysns this time round

(1) (Reply)

The 2016 Olympics Should Be Held Where: / Arsenal Should Not Depend On Adebayo / Shocking: Fabregas Wants Surprise Move Out Of Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.