Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,311 members, 7,900,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:47 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (509588 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nyabinghi(m): 9:03am On Sep 02, 2008
Stamford bridge is falling down falling down Stamford bridge is falling down our dear Robinho. The dream of Chelsea playing champagne football has been consigned to the dust bin of football we no longer need sleeping pills again when Chelsea will do the work. Robinho would be better off with his Brazilliant players in Jo,Elano et al in City.
To the main gist, heard some Scousers fainted at the daunting task of facing Rooney,Tevez,Berbatov without Torress and co.

United rules others follow. Scolari to be sacked after week 15.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by niniman(m): 9:16am On Sep 02, 2008
grin

With the striking department well covered now,we can retain our cups

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 9:31am On Sep 02, 2008
Niniman
Thats hilarious. Are u trying to say General Gerrard stole the CL trophy from the OT trophy cabinet?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 10:40am On Sep 02, 2008
Torres played both games last season, what did he come up with? Even if he plays, he will be in Rio's
pocket! But now that he is not going to play, Rio and Vidic may go on holiday. cheesy

I have always believed Anfield is a home for United, so no wahala.

September 13, Liverpool HERE WE COME!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 11:34am On Sep 02, 2008
chei!!!
see drama.
Dayo, Debo, Cris and hannibal. You guys shld start featuring in our Nollywood movies. I don laff tire.

hannibal
ure just a joker. mehn i laffed. Mario Gomez playing for Sunderland will get a German Shirt
hehehehe

away from the Drama
Berba is here. hes always been my favourite. I dont know why you guys feel Hunter will cut it in the EPL. The EPL is now for the MEN not for little boiz like Huntellar.
Nyways, Tevez, Berba, Rooney and Ronaldo combination will kill anybody

Dayo
Are you sure you wanna play United in a Knockout?
The game will be over in the first half.

@Mancs
How do we replace this SAF?
Thats a billion dollar question. at 66, the man is still waxing stronger and the way hes getting lyrical with his title ambitions for this year is amazing.
How do we get a replacement that will not only have the technical expertise but the ability to whisk away players at the airport without incuring the wrath of anybody?
SAF is god

Even a Scoucer admitted hes the best in the game

"It's like the ultimate football man's dream to be better than Ferguson because he is the master.

"I just hope he hangs around long enough to wait for me.

"I've got more respect for Ferguson than anyone else in the game."

That came from Jamie Charagher.

Now i believe replacing SAF will be an arduous task

Oya, let the season begin!!!

@Chavs
One good turn, deserves another. More to come o!!
Im sure those City guys will start with Drogba next season
hehehe
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2008
sir alex ferguson is a genius.

it is now dead certain united will retain the title with the addition of dimi berbatov into the squad.

man united now have the 3 most potent strikers in the premiership as far as CREATIVITY(scoring/assists) combination are concerned.

2006/07

berbatov(12 goals + 11 assists)=23 points

rooney(14 goals + 11 assists)=25 points

ronaldo(17 goals + 14 assists)=31 points

2007/08

rooney(12 goals + 10 assists)=22 points

berbatov(15 goals + 9 assists)=24 points

ronaldo(31 goals + 5 assists)=36 points

they have been the best forward players in the premiership for the last 2 seasons.

sir alex, you are god. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ Superstan

Nice stats.

Wenger and LFS will be shitting in their pants now. grin grin grin

Wenger's would be really watery tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 12:37pm On Sep 02, 2008
Berba - No 9 SHIRT

When everyone one is fit, what do u guys think about this formation - 4-2-3-1

VAN DER SAR

NEVILLE/BROWN RIO VIDIC EVRA

SCHOLES CARRICK/HARGREAVES

RONALDO ROONEY TEVEZ

BERBATOV

Or is it too attacking grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2008
Pls, you guys should strike out Gary Nevilles name away from that line up.

Chamotex
ur set up is nice, it means quality players will be on the bench
Anderson
Nani
Giggs
either Carrick or Hargreaves
Manucho

cant wait for these lads to line up against any opposition
i really want Bayern and Real Madrid
revenge is the word now!!!

@Mancs
is Anderson injured? will Carrick play against Liverpool?
I pray he plays

Y
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2008
Anderson is injured
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 1:42pm On Sep 02, 2008
i think we have the new money-bags in manchester.

dr. sulaiman al fahim is taking football to greater heights.

the new city owner is making an audacious £120 million bid for cristiano ronaldo in january.

excerpts from the interview:

"Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious.

"Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160 million but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more, I would think $240 million.

"But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United.”

It is thought a transfer fund totalling $450 million has been allocated for the next two seasons, by which time is “expected” that the club will be as

successful on the pitch as manchester united and chelsea.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 1:48pm On Sep 02, 2008
Money cant buy u success
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2008
chamotex:

Money can't buy u success

have u forgotten chelsea so quickly?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2008
superstan:

have u forgotten chelsea so quickly?

First of all, have they won the CL? NO

2. The main reason Chelsea won the EPL was mostly due to JOSE MOURINHO

3. Im not saying money is not important, but it doesnt guarantee you success.

Im not even worried about Man City in the slightest.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2008
chamotex:

First of all, have they won the CL?       NO

they will get there one day.

chelsea were closer to winning it last season than arsenal have ever been in their history.

p.s. kevin keegan has been sacked as newcastle manager cry cry cry
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2008
Close doesn't count, winning it is the koko

Arsenal were once close too. Just buying players doesnt mean they will achieve success. Real madrid had the so called 'GALACTICOS' a few years back and didnt win anything for about 2 years with players like Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul and so on. Its about how they blend and if they have the right manager.

Claudio Ranieri couldnt do anything with Abramovich's money.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2008
chamotex:

Close doesn't count, winning it is the koko

Arsenal were once close too. Just buying players doesnt mean they will achieve success. Real madrid had the so called 'GALACTICOS' a few years back and didnt win anything for about 2 years with players like Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul and so on. Its about how they blend and if they have the right manager.

Claudio Ranieri couldnt do anything with Abramovich's money.

what got manchester united 2 titles last season? lack of funds? undecided

u need money to compete these days.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2008
superstan:

what got manchester united 2 titles last season? lack of funds? undecided

u need money to compete these days.

It was not money, Tactical prowess and a solid defensive base bro (Attackers did their jobs as well)

moreover, Didnt Liverpool and Chelsea also spend last season, why didnt they win it aswel undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

You still dont get what im saying do u? Money doesnt guarantee you success. SIMPLE!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 2:22pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ chamotex,

without money, u cannot be successful.

anderson + nani + hargreaves + tevez(loan)=£60 million.

hargreaves alone costs more than the first team of many premiership teams.

the only reason united don't get the stick for their spending is because they are squandering their "own" money.

would man united have won 2 titles without the £60 million injected into the squad last season?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2008
superstan:

@ chamotex,

without money, u cannot be successful.

yes but it doesnt guarantee anything thats what im saying.

superstan:

anderson + nani + hargreaves + tevez(loan)=£60 million.

would man united have won 2 titles without the £60 million injected into the squad last season?

what about the season before when we also won it. undecided undecided undecided Chelsea got Sheva alone for £30 millie that year alone.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ chamotex,

many players were like new signings in 06/07 because of their long term injuries the previous season.

paul scholes, ole gunnar solskjaer and gabriel heinze went on a long term injury in 05/06 and were re-energised for the new season.

vidic and evra joined in january before the start of the 06/07 season.

louis saha had his longest spell on the pitch at man united

ronaldo and rooney matured in leaps.

all these factors contributed majorly to ferguson's success in that season.

you cannot win any title in this league without money.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2008
The top four clubs in the EPL are arguably the richest clubs in the Premiership.
Man City will join the league with the money coming from Abu Dhabi.

In Europe, the most successful clubs are Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, United, Liverpool, AC, Inter , and Juventus.  They are also in the list of the richest clubs in the world.

Money will not automatically guarantee success but without money in football, you will be nowhere.

ask Pompey, West Ham, Twente, Deportivo, Hether Berlin. . .They'll be quick to tell you, the difference is not being able to compete with the big boiz in the transfer market.

Maureen, SAF, Hitzfield, Ancellotti wont be who they are if they are 'saddled' with clubs like Burnley and co. Money makes the coaches job a bit easier
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2008
tkb417:

The top four clubs in the EPL are arguably the richest clubs in the Premiership.
Man City will join the league with the money coming from Abu Dhabi.

In Europe, the most successful clubs are Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, United, Liverpool, AC, Inter , and Juventus.  They are also in the list of the richest clubs in the world.

Money will not automatically guarantee success but without money in football, you will be nowhere.

ask Pompey, West Ham, Twente, Deportivo, Hether BerlinThey'll be quick to tell you, the difference is not being able to compete with the big boiz in the transfer market.

Maureen, SAF, Hitzfield, Ancellotti wont be who they are if they are 'saddled' with clubs like Burnley and co. Money makes the coaches job a bit easier

u hit the nail on the head.

van der sar

brown              rio             vidic                evra

scholes/hargreaves            carrick/anderson

ronaldo                    rooney                       tevez

berbatov

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2008
@Superstan

i think it should be
scholes/Anderson Hargreaves/Carrick
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ tkb417,

i am just excited cos it's berbatime.

i need u to do me a favour, please spot berbatov/manucho in this fotoshoot. cheesy

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2008
@Superstan
Berba is the dude lying on the turf while manucho Goncalves is the dude beside Possebon

where did you get this pic from? who did this?
and why will Saha be in the pic?

Heard saha will be paid as he plays
hehehe. Thats what we should be doing for all the injury prone players in our camp.

Pay-as you-go(play) package should be encouraged
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2008
photoshop.

saha is on pay-as-u-play at everton.

this fotoshoot was taken before saha was flogged.

the 8th wonder of the world was how he passed his medical. shocked shocked

sir alex taking the piss on daniel levy on sky sports news. tongue

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2008
breaking news:

manchester police have released the cctv footages of sir alex(godfather), fletcher(godson) and david gill(top boss) abducting dimitar berbatov.

sir alex appears to be carrying an assault rifle with darren fletcher as the look-out man.

a scene from the kidnapping yesterday.

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2008
U people won't kill me with laughter
All these guys at photo shop na something else

I just think Berba was over-priced
After all the games and hassles, i am quite sad that it didn't go our way
But then u win some u lose some. The ultimate is that we got what we wanted
I just hope he sulks in all the goals and begging chance
Our wife Liverpool might just be the first victim
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2008
@superstan

SAF suppose be hollywood star, to be honest.
Infact this pix will be tattooed on ma forehead.

Watch out for me on match day day six in OT.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 5:55pm On Sep 02, 2008
presido1:

@superstan

SAF suppose be hollywood star, to be honest.
Infact this pix will be tattooed on ma forehead.

Watch out for me on match day day six in OT.

This dude is a clown. . . . . . Fergie's face in that pic was scary.

Back to footie issues, people are saying Berbatov's fee was too much.
I am sure we didn't pay more than £20-£25 million for his transfer fees. . . .
The remaining fees must be top-ups subjected to Dimi winning Premiership titles, UCLs and other schitzos.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2008
The apple of Fergie's eyes Berbatov has finally arrived right cool

At least we wouldnt need to see Scholesy(aka Kobe Bryant) slam-dunking the ball into the net again like he did at Monaco

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.