Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,537 members, 7,840,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Crude Oil Found In Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Found In Ogun State (14762 Views)

NNPC Has No Record Of Nigeria's Actual Crude Oil Production Per Day / More Oil Found Offshore Lagos / Oil Found In Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2008
Ogun to join oil states soon, says Daniel
From Lawrence Njoku, Enugu

THREE oil exploration sites are currently being developed by the Ogun State government with a view to making the Federal Government take them over as part of the oil wells in the country.

Governor Gbenga Daniel, who disclosed this yesterday in Enugu where he was conferred with a chieftaincy title by the traditional ruler of Nike Community, Igwe Julius Nnaji, said with the state efforts on the exploration sites, it would soon join the league of "oil state in the next couple of months."

The governor said: "One of the things our administration did when it came on board was to conduct a survey on the resources available in the state. I can confirm to you that there is an oil and gas deposit in Ogun State. I don't want to politicise it, but I am hoping that in the next couple of months, the state would be declared as one of the oil-producing states of the country."

He said his administration has embarked upon several development projects aimed at taking the state to greater heights.

Daniel explained that as part of these efforts, he recently travelled to Hong Kong to represent the state at an economy meeting, which dividends, he assured, would soon begin to manifest in the state through partnerships with Hong Kong investors.

He denied speculations that he was nursing a presidential ambition in 2011, stressing that being lucky to rule Ogun State twice, his priority was to leave indelible development footprints all over the state.

Daniel, who also spoke on godfatherism, argued that there was nothing wrong with it, as according to him, it is a means to impact experience and wisdom on the younger generation of politicians.

He, however, added that as a politician, he would resist any godfather who would want to dictate the pace at which his administration should move or hold it back in other ways.

Daniel said the notion in some quarters that attaining a position of authority automatically makes one the leader of the people was untenable.

On his relationship with former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Daniel said the latter, as the chairman, Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) remained his leader, whom he must listen to at all times.

His words: "I have no qualms with Chief Obasanjo. He is my leader, he is the chairman of our party's BOT and in the Yoruba tradition, somebody who has been Head of State and President for about 11 years, there are things he may know that I may not know as a young man. If at my age, I want to equate myself with Obasanjo, then something is wrong with my head."

He denied insinuations that he has disagreement with lawmakers in the state over mismanagement of funds, which could lead to his impeachment.

The governor said for such to be effected, the legislators must have proofs of constitutional breaches against him, stressing that he had not breached the constitution in any way.

Daniel restated the need for all zones of the federation to be giving an opportunity to rule the country.

He, however, faulted calls for the office of the President to be rotated among the zones.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/30/20.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2008
Northern states remain the only ones with nothing to offer to Nigeria except their desert and almajiris. Where are Dan GadoGado and MS Usman? grin grin grin
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Ibime(m): 9:31pm On Sep 30, 2008
Thank God! Maybe the Yorubas can now join the rest of Southern Nigeria to push for Independence.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 9:34pm On Sep 30, 2008
yesooo; we have oil in 4 states now.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by tpia: 10:13pm On Sep 30, 2008
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by davidif: 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2008
His words: "I have no qualms with Chief Obasanjo. He is my leader, he is the chairman of our party's BOT and in the Yoruba tradition, somebody who has been Head of State and President for about 11 years, there are things he may know that I may not know as a young man. If at my age, I want to equate myself with Obasanjo, then something is wrong with my head."

chai, nigerians and public relations ha ha ha.

@poster
obviously, you know absolutely nothing about oil exploration. It seems that in Nigeria once we discover the smallest quantity of oil somewhere we blow it out of proportion. When you discover oil, you first of all have to judge wether the costs of drilling and productions is substantially lower than the benefit gained from it. This includes checking sulphur content to see if it would be easier to refine. That's why even though the US has a lot of oil, they don't drill because it costs less to drill because there oil has a high sulphur content. so DeepZone can you tell me if the oil discovered in Ogun state is as large as Saudi Arabia's oil deposits or as large as the newly discovered oil fields in Brazil this year which some estimate to have an estimated 33 billion barrels? If not, please don't post anything you don't know abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by ikeyman00(m): 11:24pm On Sep 30, 2008
obasanjo de yansh some young gal in libya now, he de celebrate with colonel gaddaffi
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2008
I wonder when you people will begin to see Nigeria as one and stop all this tribal yarns.

What d hell does it matter if the North has no Oil? U think having Oil in your land is by might? We should rather count ourselves lucky to be 1 of the few nations God has blessed with Oil.

The Headline read 'Crude Oil Found in Ogun State'. Rather than asking constructive questions like - How much is the estimated Reserve? What is its worth? What measures are being taken so that we do not have militants in Ogun State thereby increasing the size of troubled regions? How much will the Oil contribute to the development of Ogun State, the West, and Nigeria as a whole. They are busy talking about who has oil or not, how yorubas should push for independence.

, do we still have a long way to go?
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 01, 2008
I wonder when you people will begin to see Nigeria as one and stop all this tribal yarns.

Believe me, a lot of people will want to see nigeria as one, but you have to give these people enough reasons to do that.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 01, 2008
[quote
Believe me, a lot of people will want to see nigeria as one, but you have to give these people enough reasons to do that.
[quote][/quote]

And whose responsibility will that be? Does it take 1 or 2 persons to make a change? NO. It takes everybody COLLECTIVELY!
Having the right ATTITUDE matters a whole lot too. We cannot continue to let the fact that there is corruption and greedy politicians marr our thots that something good can come outta Nigeria.

1 luv y'all. Happy Independence day. Am taking 48 bottles of heineken for Nigeria 2day.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Eziachi: 10:48am On Oct 01, 2008
Ibime:

Thank God! Maybe the Yorubas can now join the rest of Southern Nigeria to push for Independence.

Don't hold your breath yet, it's not today we had been hearing about all the elusive oil wells in Yorubaland and till date non had been tapped, even a bucket of it.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by RibaduFan(m): 10:51am On Oct 01, 2008
I pray those oil wells never get tapped, at least not in the present day Nigeria
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by ayomifull(f): 11:22am On Oct 01, 2008
server33:

1 love y'all. Happy Independence day. Am taking 48 bottles of heineken for Nigeria 2day.

For Nigeria abi for yourself? grin grin grin
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2008
I pray those oil wells never get tapped, at least not in the present day Nigeria

Yesooo. Say no to onshore drilling.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by RibaduFan(m): 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2008
@Deepzone

U said 4 states,I know of Ondo, Lagos and now Ogun, which is the 4th. Just curious, cos I know the other states are landlocked.

And by the way, y re u excited about the dicovery of oil in Ogun state, of what benefit is that to the ordinary man? None I reckon.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by deor03(m): 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2008
I guess these are political statement from Gov Daniel. If oil were to be in Ogun state, it would have been tapped since the Niger Delta issue started. Meanwhile which company did the seismic analysis?
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Fhemmmy: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2008
yemmyse:

@Deepzone

U said 4 states,I know of Ondo, Lagos and now Ogun, which is the 4th. Just curious, because I know the other states are landlocked.

And by the way, y re u excited about the dicovery of oil in Ogun state, of what benefit is that to the ordinary man? None I reckon.

Has any of these been explored at all, and if they have been, what are the quantity?
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2008
deor03:

I guess these are political statement from Gov Daniel. If oil were to be in Ogun state, it would have been tapped since the Niger Delta issue started. Meanwhile which company did the seismic analysis?

I have same feelings as well, i will like to know which coy did the analysis and the testing and the volume of their findings, i kind of think, this is just a way for Daniels to want to have his state get lion share of revenue cuts, i could be wrong oh, and i stand to be corrected.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by bawomolo(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2008
deor03:

it takes years before actual exploration is undertaken.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Eziachi: 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2008
yemmyse:

Nice prayer indeed, as long as you are quite happy recieving free monthly oil money from those their own land had been tapped and ruined.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by RibaduFan(m): 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2008
@Eziachi

Why re u putting ur fingers into my mouth, you want me to bite them?
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Fhemmmy: 5:16pm On Oct 01, 2008
so much fight for OIL IN nigeria
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by plusQueen: 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2008
Governor Gbenga Daniel, who disclosed this yesterday in Enugu where he was conferred with a chieftaincy title by the traditional ruler of Nike Community, Igwe Julius Nnaji, said with the state efforts on the exploration sites, it would soon join the league of "oil state in the next couple of months."

The governor said: "One of the things our administration did when it came on board was to conduct a survey on the resources available in the state. I can confirm to you that there is an oil and gas deposit in Ogun State. I don't want to politicise it, but I am hoping that in the next couple of months, the state would be declared as one of the oil-producing states of the country."

He said his administration has embarked upon several development projects aimed at taking the state to greater heights.

Nna a men!
The oil story no be the tory sef.
Southern Nigeria including Igbo land and Yoruba land get bokwu oil
dat one na old story.
The one I zeroed in on is that people are here fighting e-tribal wars while Governor Gbenga is collecting chieftancy title from my Igwe.
This is impressive!
I wonder what title they gave him

The "ochiagha yoruba n'ile 1 of Nike"
The "otagburu agu 1 of Nike"
LOL

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 8:20pm On Oct 01, 2008
@Deepzone

U said 4 states,I know of Ondo, Lagos and now Ogun, which is the 4th. Just curious, because I know the other states are landlocked.

Ondo, lagos, ogun and very soon Osun. What do you mean by landlocked? Is aba and imo state not landlocked? why are they drilling oil there? If there are oil deposits in those states, there is bound to be one in osun if we look deeper.

Why am I excited? because Nigeria has nothing but 10 years more to remain a nation. I bet y'all. are you not tired of the Northerners?

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by plusQueen: 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2008
DeepZone:

Ondo, lagos, ogun and very soon Osun. What do you mean by landlocked? Is aba and imo state not landlocked? why are they drilling oil there? If there are oil deposits in those states, there is bound to be one in osun if we look deeper.

no they aren't.
Oguta lake no be ordinary lake o
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by plusQueen: 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2008
DeepZone:

Ondo, lagos, ogun and very soon Osun. What do you mean by landlocked? Is aba and imo state not landlocked? why are they drilling oil there? If there are oil deposits in those states, [b]there is bound to be one in osun if we look deeper.[/b]Why am I excited? because Nigeria has nothing but 10 years more to remain a nation. I bet y'all. are you not tired of the Northerners?

This girl is hilarious.
what tells you they won't find oil in Bornu if they look harder?
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by samsmith(m): 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2008
abeg fellow housemate wetin dey happen 4 ONDO and
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by samsmith(m): 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2008
abeg fellow housemate wetin dey happen 4 ONDO and EKITI i guess they should also get crude oil?
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Fhemmmy: 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2008
DeepZone:

Why am I excited? because Nigeria has nothing but 10 years more to remain a nation. I bet y'all. are you not tired of the Northerners?
I am sure of one thing, Nigeria can never seperate, very soon, we will find a better way to co-exist as a nation and we will make it, so deepzone, no matter now deep zonish you wanna be, let go of that your dream, in 10 years, i will remind you when i see you in oshun state.
But be real, Nigeria is one for life.
What is all these noise about oil and more oil, there are so many other things that we could develop and make so much revenue from, say for example, if Nigeria would develop, there would be so much foreign investors that will come to Nigeria and can u imagine how much money they would be pumping into our economy, so we need to stop the Oil madness and look into other avenues of revenue generation, besides, the Oil discovered in ogun might not be tapped for another decades.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 9:11pm On Oct 01, 2008
I am sure of one thing, Nigeria can never seperate, very soon, we will find a better way to co-exist as a nation and we will make it, so deepzone, no matter now deep zonish you want to be, let go of that your dream, in 10 years, i will remind you when i see you in oshun state.
But be real, Nigeria is one for life.
What is all these noise about oil and more oil, there are so many other things that we could develop and make so much revenue from, say for example, if Nigeria would develop, there would be so much foreign investors that will come to Nigeria and can u imagine how much money they would be pumping into our economy, so we need to stop the Oil madness and look into other avenues of revenue generation, besides, the Oil discovered in ogun might not be tapped for another decades.
You are saying we should remain under the tyranny of the north at the expense of our resources?
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Fhemmmy: 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2008
DeepZone:

You are saying we should remain under the tyranny of the north at the expense of our resources?

haba now, deepest of all zone, is this really you?
No one could make u to be under the tyranny of anyone, besides, even the yoruba have been given few chances to leave Nigeria and they have a a shabby job, imagine OBJ being asked about Nigeria and all he could say was "shut my door"
So let us drop this tribal stuff and embrace one Nigeria.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2008
OBJ being asked about Nigeria and all he could say was "shut my door"
So let us drop this tribal stuff and embrace one Nigeria.
Obj said what? That one na I'm business but it seems that this one Nigeria is not paying after all. Visit southern schools and northern schools or hospitals and compare the infrastructures there even though the northern schools and hospitals lack man power.

Again, advocating for your freedom is not tribalism abeg. Tribalism is cursing another tribe and calling them names because you feel inferior or superior to them like Zino ben did(i guess his inferiority complex is hounding him).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribunal Upholds Lam-Adesina And Olugbemi’s Election / Ize-iyamu Convoy Attacked At Jattu, APC Deputy Governorship Aspirant's Town / "Cows And Dogs More Valuable Than Human Lives Under APC" - Senator Ohuabunwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.